Mia Maples

Forum rules
Please keep in mind - No Homophobic or Racist Posts!
takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Mia Maples

Post by takoyaki »

I kinda like her but her being a SUPER hardcore J* stan has always rubbed me the wrong way. Until recently, she used to mention J* or is brand ALL THE FUCKING TIME. Every other video, she would be randomly mentioning him or using a product. I can't forget the time her mom took out a J* lip product and said J* was skimping on the amount of product and Mia SCOLDED her mom and made her apologize in the same video. She is a hardcore J* stan and having his mirror on her BLM video shows how his products are so embedded in her life that she didn't have the foresight to not use the mirror. Only recently she stopped mentioning J* because of his past scandals coming to light but she still uses his products and shows them on video.

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

Me finding out she even knows what Yemen is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Samisgossiping
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Samisgossiping »

I don’t wanna sound like a biyatch, but I’m kind of over seeing her mom in videos, lol.

Does she live with her parents again? (Even pre-COVID I was wondering this)

makemeasquare
Informer
Informer

Post by makemeasquare »

I think she never really moved out - I think she was just using the house she moved into as a filming backdrop. Like, when her parents made over her room it looked virtually uninhabited and when they did a closet purge she had a metric tonnnne of clothes still at her parents. No shade - she's, what, 20? 21?

Samisgossiping
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Samisgossiping »

makemeasquare wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:26 pm
I think she never really moved out - I think she was just using the house she moved into as a filming backdrop. Like, when her parents made over her room it looked virtually uninhabited and when they did a closet purge she had a metric tonnnne of clothes still at her parents. No shade - she's, what, 20? 21?

Her parents redid her room as a massive hint drop. Like, hey, maybe live in this house you bought?

makemeasquare
Informer
Informer

Post by makemeasquare »

A-gree.

aquaavenuss
Stalker
Stalker

Post by aquaavenuss »

Hi - New GuruGossiper acct but longggg time lurker (like OG gurugossip lurker lmao)

Mia is one of the few "gurus" I still watch since I outgrew my youtube phase and I think she's such a sweetheart. Not to be a blind stan bc I obvs don't know this girl outside of her videos but I think a lot of the hate in this thread is kinda unwarranted, although I get that that's kinda the whole point of gurugossip lol.

So bc I have nothing better to do and she's been a strong source of entertainment during quarantine imma address some of the main things I read bc why not 😜

I'm 21 and she reminds me a lot of myself and some of my friends. At college I've met a lot of ditzy white girls who are completely oblivious and ignorant to the world outside their privileged bubble. This is really thru no fault of their own bc of the environment they grew up in, shit I've even seen super ignorant minority girls who, bc of their privileged upbringing, are oblivious to the racism that their low income counterparts experience. Basically, my point is I feel like ppl are expecting way too much from this rich little white girl lmao. Soo w all that in mind, I think her decision to donate her ad revenue profits to support BLM was admirable esp considering other ppl with a following her size simply voiced their support without opening those POCKETS!!!

The oddly shaped body thing is annoying but I don't think it's too far fetched that she's actually insecure abt it. I have friends with similar body types who wish they had bigger butts and boobs bc of the current obsession with the "Kylie body" (as I like to call it lol). I also saw someone say her style is tacky and I agree lmaodfkjsdf 😭 but to be fair she does always say she prefers to be comfortable over everything else and its kinda refreshing to see someone not constantly trying to fit a style aesthetic

As for the Jeffree support, I've never watched any of his videos and I've heard enough about him to not want too. Knowing how common knowledge this is, I find it hard to believe that as a huge fan, Mia is unaware of the cristism. However, this takes me back to point A where I think Mia probably watched an apology video and took it at face value or just doesn't care lol

Something I do think is weird is the cristism on her decision to be keep her personal life private. Ppl who make their living off social media tend to be very open with their viewers, sometimes to an extreme extent (see Tana Mongeau) and its SUPER unhealthy bc it blurs the line between work and a personal life. In her Q&A video she said that she didn't want to address her breakup until she was fully over it bc she didn't want to be vulnerable and emotional on camera and I LOVED THAT!!! I mean who wants to see a "We broke up..." video .. bleh. I'm a super private person online so maybe im biasted but I mean shit, only my family and friends know about my boyfriend who I've been dating for almost a year. Why exactly do the ppl I went to high school with or met once at a party need to see him on my snapchat story lol?

Now Mia is privileged enough to shop eco friendly and I think this is a valid critique, but she obviously gets a lot of her views from her fast fashion hauls so I can see why she does them lol ($$$). On a related note though, I do want to say that the whole anti-fast fashion movement is extremely classist. Thrift stores are becoming overpriced and not everyone lives in wealthy neighborhoods where all the goodwills are freshly stocked with nice clothes. Rich kids who have the means to shop elsewhere are now clearing out thrift stores bc of this rhetoric AND THEN have the audacity to resell their finds at marked up prices on apps like depop. Poor girls buying $5 tops on SHEIN are not the problem and this is a hill i'm willing to die on lol!! There are a lot of privileged girls like Mia who shop excessively but I will say that at the very least she donates the clothes soooo, as a former poor kid who could only afford goodwill clothes, imma personally let it slide. After all ladies, there is no ethical consumerism under capitalism.

webbge
Stalker
Stalker
Been thanked: 0

Post by webbge »

What is Mia’s last name?

curiouscat1
Talker
Talker

Post by curiouscat1 »

she never released it and afaik she changed all her social media when she started to become popular

N0tah8er
Wanderer
Wanderer
Been thanked: 0

Post by N0tah8er »

aquaavenuss wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:05 am
Hi - New GuruGossiper acct but longggg time lurker (like OG gurugossip lurker lmao)

Mia is one of the few "gurus" I still watch since I outgrew my youtube phase and I think she's such a sweetheart. Not to be a blind stan bc I obvs don't know this girl outside of her videos but I think a lot of the hate in this thread is kinda unwarranted, although I get that that's kinda the whole point of gurugossip lol.

So bc I have nothing better to do and she's been a strong source of entertainment during quarantine imma address some of the main things I read bc why not 😜

I'm 21 and she reminds me a lot of myself and some of my friends. At college I've met a lot of ditzy white girls who are completely oblivious and ignorant to the world outside their privileged bubble. This is really thru no fault of their own bc of the environment they grew up in, shit I've even seen super ignorant minority girls who, bc of their privileged upbringing, are oblivious to the racism that their low income counterparts experience. Basically, my point is I feel like ppl are expecting way too much from this rich little white girl lmao. Soo w all that in mind, I think her decision to donate her ad revenue profits to support BLM was admirable esp considering other ppl with a following her size simply voiced their support without opening those POCKETS!!!

The oddly shaped body thing is annoying but I don't think it's too far fetched that she's actually insecure abt it. I have friends with similar body types who wish they had bigger butts and boobs bc of the current obsession with the "Kylie body" (as I like to call it lol). I also saw someone say her style is tacky and I agree lmaodfkjsdf 😭 but to be fair she does always say she prefers to be comfortable over everything else and its kinda refreshing to see someone not constantly trying to fit a style aesthetic

As for the Jeffree support, I've never watched any of his videos and I've heard enough about him to not want too. Knowing how common knowledge this is, I find it hard to believe that as a huge fan, Mia is unaware of the cristism. However, this takes me back to point A where I think Mia probably watched an apology video and took it at face value or just doesn't care lol

Something I do think is weird is the cristism on her decision to be keep her personal life private. Ppl who make their living off social media tend to be very open with their viewers, sometimes to an extreme extent (see Tana Mongeau) and its SUPER unhealthy bc it blurs the line between work and a personal life. In her Q&A video she said that she didn't want to address her breakup until she was fully over it bc she didn't want to be vulnerable and emotional on camera and I LOVED THAT!!! I mean who wants to see a "We broke up..." video .. bleh. I'm a super private person online so maybe im biasted but I mean shit, only my family and friends know about my boyfriend who I've been dating for almost a year. Why exactly do the ppl I went to high school with or met once at a party need to see him on my snapchat story lol?

Now Mia is privileged enough to shop eco friendly and I think this is a valid critique, but she obviously gets a lot of her views from her fast fashion hauls so I can see why she does them lol ($$$). On a related note though, I do want to say that the whole anti-fast fashion movement is extremely classist. Thrift stores are becoming overpriced and not everyone lives in wealthy neighborhoods where all the goodwills are freshly stocked with nice clothes. Rich kids who have the means to shop elsewhere are now clearing out thrift stores bc of this rhetoric AND THEN have the audacity to resell their finds at marked up prices on apps like depop. Poor girls buying $5 tops on SHEIN are not the problem and this is a hill i'm willing to die on lol!! There are a lot of privileged girls like Mia who shop excessively but I will say that at the very least she donates the clothes soooo, as a former poor kid who could only afford goodwill clothes, imma personally let it slide. After all ladies, there is no ethical consumerism under capitalism.
Same here, i watch her videos occasionally and im a WOC whos petite and very flat. I want a big booty too like mia, and just because someone is “SkInNy” doesnt mean they have insecurities.
The thing im weirded out by her and her family is the amount of houses they have. Apparently they have three including the one that mia uses for videos. Its a very privileged thing to have. And im not 100% sure if she dis address that she has privilege in her Q&A video.
I also understand that shes a white girl living in the suburbs of ONTARIO not Toronto. I lived in Toronto and when you drive out to other municipalities that is more suburban it’s definitely predominantly WHITE. She’s def stuck in her bubble. And i also hope that she promotes more sustainable fashion because im SICK of hauls. I like her but I HATE fast fashion

this.on
Informer
Informer

Post by this.on »

MissJammers wrote:Please stop posting locations for the youtuber.
I want to genuinely ask and I hope I'm not coming off as argumentive, but I thought it was okay if it didn't include an exact address? Or have things changed? Cause the GTA is massive and wouldn't be enough to track someone down with.

But the previous posts in the last thread said she's not even located in that province anyways.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

SylvieMoon
Debater
Debater

Post by SylvieMoon »

I don’t know why she did this weird hula hoop challenge. Like she needed to loose more inches on her waist? It’s bordering on dangerous to younger viewers.

Leia_ITA
Talker
Talker

Post by Leia_ITA »

I haven’t followed her in few months, and yeah she’s super skinny, more than I remembered

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

Chelseap1
Talker
Talker

Post by Chelseap1 »

angelfire117 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:44 pm
SageLavender wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:17 pm
Mia using Jeffree Star mirror in video dedicated to BLM 🙄 and she's sponsored by scammy thredUP again.
I would almost believe that she truly doesn’t know because sometimes she seems just that dumb but also it’s pretty important as a business woman (and most YTers view their channel as a business) to research who your supporting both privately and more importantly publicly. Also, she’s likely a privileged white girl in Canada that hasn’t even really had to think about. But if you’re gonna choose to bring attention to the cause and world issues, youre responsible for doing your research.
Is thred up really a scam?

Chelseap1
Talker
Talker

Post by Chelseap1 »

I hate the try on videos

Chelseap1
Talker
Talker

Post by Chelseap1 »

rosescor wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:09 am
She seems so sweet and genuine and I like that she doesn't take herself too seriously. That being said, I don't like the fact that most of her videos consist of shopping way too much and supporting sketchy businesses. And I wish that she would actually share something personal with her subscribers and open her life a bit, because I feel like I don't know much about her even though I have been a subscriber for a long time.
I agree. For somone who is in the light she is very private.

doublebatch
Learner
Learner

Post by doublebatch »

She broke up with this Luke guy in 2020 and is engaged to a new guy now? Or the same guy?

angeladwight
Lurker
Lurker

Post by angeladwight »

Does anyone else find she’s a little weird on camera with her fiancé present? Like maybe because she’s nervous but seems like she almost is bossy? Just feels different from how she is with her family. Maybe it’s just me looking too deeply ?

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by DrowningInMelancholy »

makemeasquare wrote:
Dead thread but she gives me white supremacist vibes

angeladwight
Lurker
Lurker

Post by angeladwight »

DrowningInMelancholy wrote:
makemeasquare wrote:
Dead thread but she gives me white supremacist vibes
How so? I don’t get that at all.

Return to “A-M”