JerushaCouture: Bogan Luxe and Mumsnet Vlogging (Part 4)

metoo182
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: JerushaCouture: Bogan Luxe and Mumsnet Vlogging (Part 4)

Post by metoo182 »

Fifi_dear wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:26 am
That vlog showed so well how much smoke and mirrors she really is.

In the beginning in her car, she already points out that it's going to be the staff of the restaurant, who's going to run the cornershop (like I predicted).
She makes the weak attempt to claim that she is in charge of "design" (lol) and that the whole concept was her idea, but that concept can't have been that well thought out as she doesn't even appear to know the word "Deli" to describe the shop, instead waffling around that it's something in between a grocery shop and a cafe.

And she finds her own name hard to pronounce, hence that's the reason it's not the name of the cornershop... Sorry what? What's hard about saying "Jerusha"? Maybe it's not a common name, but its prononciation is self-explanatory.

The vlog ends up showing so many of the people, who are actually working on the project, while she is just in the way with her camera out. She's still grabbed her very important boss-bitch work tote from her studio though, 'cause omg she's so busy.
Turns out there is a manager called Christine, who is lugging around the actual paperwork (without a fancy tote bag) as she is probably the one really in charge of managing the whole project.

Then there is Will, who is hands on with building the furniture in the shop as well as the decision maker and financier of the whole thing. There is Mel, who is in charge of stock and there are two members of staff (cleaners? servers?), who cleaned out the builders' dust from the shop after Jerusha complained that it was dirty. Not even that little thing Jerusha did herself. All she did was dotting a few accessories like those palm leaves and basic Etsy photos above the fridges (that more belong into a 16-year-old's Pinterest inspired bedroom than a shop) and taste-testing pastries.

Even during the Barista tutorial (which lots of staff members from the restaurant attended), she didn't seem to be too involved, just filming and fawning about the coffee brand, so I doubt she'll be making many coffees there. Picking them up, yes (maybe instead of the daily Nespresso shots we'll be treated to daily clips of her picking up a coffee at her own store and harassing her own employees).

The people working at the restaurants must roll their eyes whenever she leaves or enters the room.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Fifi_dear
Informer
Informer

Post by Fifi_dear »

Did any of you pick up on her passive aggressiveness during the coffee training bit?

First she walks over with Will, having no clue what’s happening, not that their coffee machine has been delivered nor that the staff training is going on (what an awesome manager she is). While walking up to the shop, she catches a glimpse through the shop windows and sees that the whole staff is there. She says “oh wow everyone’s here” and adds in a nasty tone “doing absolutely nothing probably” ... Will looked really irked and sounded defensive when he replied that they all were being trained...
Seriously, Jerusha, stones and glasshouse much?

Then she sees the coffee machine for the first time and screeches at Will “You lied you lied” without even pausing to put down the camera, say hi to everyone or introduce herself to the Allpress guy. I guess the “you lied” outburst was about the colour as it sounds like J had begged Will for a white coffee machine (to match her Range Rover maybe) and he put his foot down and ordered this beige colour called “buttermilk”, I suppose because he got a deal on that colour. As the beige is still very light, Jerusha seems to have thought he got the white one after all when she walked in, hence the “you lied!”. I can absolutely picture her pestering Will to get the white because she saw it on Pinterest, while Will was shopping around for a good deal regardless of the colour.

Then she looses her shit some more over the coffee brand, dancing around with her camera while everyone else there would probably like to focus on the Allpress guy’s tutorial. She exclaims she’s made it in life when Will shows her the Allpress light box and Will (bless him) claps back with something along the lines of “if you don’t have any other problems....”. Also Will’s brother seems to crack a joke about Jerusha’s insanity, probably to make lt less awkward for everyone else there. So Jerusha walks up to him, kinda shoves him and says in a super nasty toe-curling voice that’s very different from the cutesy voice she had put on up until then “Just because I’m fawning over coffee doesn’t mean that you make fun of me, k!?!!”

..... jeez. That’s the real Jerusha right there.

Lucfly13
Learner
Learner

Post by Lucfly13 »

I don't think I'd cope watching any of these boss-bitch videos. I can only imagine the bullshit coming out of her mouth. My sister in law has a deli come cafe in Sydney & she does quite well out of it - long hours though & really early starts. Can't imagine J hauling her arse out of bed at 4am to head into work. Will's family must be cringing - they're no doubt funding part of the business. I'll continue to avoid the vlogs & catch up via GG!!

sashabunny
Debater
Debater

Post by sashabunny »

Did Jerusha go to university at all? Nothing against not going, everyone has a different path but I'm genuinely curious.

Fifi_dear
Informer
Informer

Post by Fifi_dear »

I think she went to some kind of trade school for fashion design or sth like that.

Looks like this thread is almost past its use by date... ;)
My suggestion for the new title:

„Jerusha Boss Lady Couture: Pretending to be rich and busy (Part 5)“

notsosilly10
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by notsosilly10 »

Am I the only person who feel disgusted by that jacket she carries around which always looks dirty?

The corner store looks like they didn't put much thought into it and just throw everything in and called a store. That's because Jerusha said she was designing the store. What a joke! lol

The fact that she is not respecting the quarantine and social distancing is ridiculous. In NSW people are allowed to receive up to 2 people visit in their houses but that's it. But from what I have seen she has been receiving people in her house way before this restriction was lifted.

notsosilly10
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by notsosilly10 »

I wonder why she always let Massi play with the scissors when she knows well he can hurt himself. Letting a child his age open a package is not ok. She should know better but it seems she never learns.

When she said that the hermes items she bought was for her job I cringed.... delusional... :rofl:

I have seen the new nanny I wonder if Jerusha asked her if she wanted to be filmed or she just shoved the camera on her face like she does with everyone else.

sashabunny
Debater
Debater

Post by sashabunny »

The store is located in Newport? I didn't see any prices anywhere other than for the fruit & veg?

Lots of small corner stores in Australia like that sell basic chocolates and pasta for way, way more than what they purchased them from the supermarket for and then place in their shops with marked-up prices of +$3 or more of what they bought it. Always rubs me the wrong way.

I hope it works out for them but the store doesn't look very warm or inviting but maybe they're not finished yet. I wish them luck.

sashabunny
Debater
Debater

Post by sashabunny »

Her house actually has a pretty nice view of bushland and what looks like mountains (can't be sure). It looks like its located up high, probably an expensive house due to the location (Sydney is outrageous when it comes to the price of property) but I can't understand why people choose not to put effort into their homes when they spend $80,000 + on designer bags?

Her kitchen floor is so outdated and even the benches. I imagined her to have a more polished look. Nothing wrong if you can't afford it but she wears designer everything, even overpriced cotton Gucci shirts. I'm kind of shocked...

notsosilly10
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by notsosilly10 »

sashabunny wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 6:57 pm

Her house actually has a pretty nice view of bushland and what looks like mountains (can't be sure). It looks like its located up high, probably an expensive house due to the location (Sydney is outrageous when it comes to the price of property) but I can't understand why people choose not to put effort into their homes when they spend $80,000 + on designer bags?

Her kitchen floor is so outdated and even the benches. I imagined her to have a more polished look. Nothing wrong if you can't afford it but she wears designer everything, even overpriced cotton Gucci shirts. I'm kind of shocked...
I do agree that prices of properties in Sydney are high but based on the house condition and how far it seems from everything. I remember she even saying that the house was close to some farms or something. So I do believe that her house isn't that expensive.

Jerusha's mom in the other hand her house might be worth a lot more than Jerusha's based on location and how nee it is.

We have to take into account that she does not give us the exact location. She always mentions her moms house or the restaurants being close to her but we dont know where she is.

bored2019
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by bored2019 »

notsosilly10 wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 11:52 pm
sashabunny wrote:

I do agree that prices of properties in Sydney are high but based on the house condition and how far it seems from everything. I remember she even saying that the house was close to some farms or something. So I do believe that her house isn't that expensive.

Jerusha's mom in the other hand her house might be worth a lot more than Jerusha's based on location and how nee it is.

We have to take into account that she does not give us the exact location. She always mentions her moms house or the restaurants being close to her but we dont know where she is.
Sorry but I don’t think you understand the Sydney property market. Even a shack that’s 30-40km from the CBD is severely inflated.

Scorpio89
Debater
Debater

Post by Scorpio89 »

bored2019 wrote:
notsosilly10 wrote:
sashabunny wrote:

Sorry but I don’t think you understand the Sydney property market. Even a shack that’s 30-40km from the CBD is severely inflated.
Is that where the other YTer with desginer bags and a outdated little shack lives too? The one that just had a baby? I do not get them. Expencive as hell handbags and houses that look shit.

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

notsosilly10
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by notsosilly10 »

bored2019 wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 3:33 am
notsosilly10 wrote:
sashabunny wrote:

That's your opinion I respect.I do understand the house situation in Sydney and in AustraIia. I stand by what I said there are smaller houses in nicer areas which is worth a lot more than house's double the size in areas that are not so nice.

Yes the house prices are high in Sydney, especially in sought after suburbs but there are also areas where it is more affordable to live. That's my view and experience.
You don't have to agree with me as everyone has a different priorities and lifestyle.

notsosilly10
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by notsosilly10 »

Scorpio89 wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 5:45 pm
Is that where the other YTer with desginer bags and a outdated little shack lives too? The one that just had a baby? I do not get them. Expencive as hell handbags and houses that look shit.

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
[/quote]

Which youtuber are you talking about?

There are a lot of youtubers in the US who has 50k or even 100k worth of bags but they live in a 400k /500k house. That's not much for a house but I wonder why not invest the money they would spend in stuff to get a better house that will increase in value.

sashabunny
Debater
Debater

Post by sashabunny »

I agree, I think most people would prefer to have a better house that is a reflection of their true style and make it into a beautiful place to be.Her house looks quite plain and outdated.

She seems like an okay person, I'm not trying to be harsh but her house decor reminds me of like a basic rental place. There's nothing in there that looks beautiful or 'homely' for someone who labels themselves as 'Couture' but a study room full of IKEA shelves and $80,000 worth of bags.

notsosilly10
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by notsosilly10 »

sashabunny wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 1:55 am
I agree, I think most people would prefer to have a better house that is a reflection of their true style and make it into a beautiful place to be.Her house looks quite plain and outdated.

She seems like an okay person, I'm not trying to be harsh but her house decor reminds me of like a basic rental place. There's nothing in there that looks beautiful or 'homely' for someone who labels themselves as 'Couture' but a study room full of IKEA shelves and $80,000 worth of bags.
Jerusha and her hubby they got that place to live for a few years renovate and sell it. At least that's what they did with the house before this one that's what she said.
I don't know why they chose to stay in this one maybe because of the kids.
The reality is that the house need a good renovation. That living room and kitchen are so old and dated. The furniture she has looks like stuff she got at a garage sale or an opshop.

I would prefer to spend 100k+ renovating my house and making it my dream home.

She used "Couture" on her label that was made in China with cheap plastic material. I don't think she even know what couture means. She is too bogan and not the brightest.

Fifi_dear
Informer
Informer

Post by Fifi_dear »

I think they are staying because the in-laws are close-by and Jerusha needs them desperately to help with the kids. Also, clearly they don't have enough money to fund J's shopping addiction, the business expansion (2nd restaurant and the corner store) AND on top of that to renovate their house. I think not being able to afford the reno and flip the house, is also why they are staying, because if they moved without renovating they would sell it with a loss.

mintchip0101
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by mintchip0101 »

Anne7 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:45 pm
Excuse the double post, but inspiration struck me for a title for the next thread:

Jerusha Reseller Couture: Flatlined Brain, Holding a Koala on Fire for Likes (Part 5)
Think this is also a great candidate for the next thread name :rofl:

Saw some orange boxes on that recent vlog she did... maybe she's finally realized that she's not going to be offered a normal colored H bag unless she starts buying all the things she swore she never liked, like twillies... Just waiting for a "Massive H Haul" video to go up. I did like the way they did the exterior for that grocery store they opened though. Hopefully they'll be able to survive. Restaurants and small businesses really aren't doing well at the moment.

drewberry_moore
Debater
Debater

Post by drewberry_moore »

Borrowing from @notsosilly10 here's an idea for the next thread - Jerusha Couture: too Bogan and not the brightest (part 5)

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

I’m not surprised Massi knocked out his front teeth. I’m sure this has nothing to do with it, but those poor front teeth were so crooked from sucking on a bottle for almost 4 years. They literally changed position and were formed around the bottle nipple pointing outward and protruding forward possibly making them more vulnerable to an impact of a rough and tumble kid.

Return to “JerushaCouture”