Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

David Dobrik/Vlog Squad (Part 36)

Post by pqohwow »

noonywel wrote:
Teacup30 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:21 am
I don't personally give a shit what Erin once said, same with any of them. Its like how Jeff once did some crimes, its in the past and he has proven himself to be a solid individual who has no intention of repeating his mistakes. Nobody in the vlog squad currently uses racist language. They treat everyone the same and don't care what colour people are. If someone was doing that sort of thing now then that would be different.

I actually think it reflects quite poorly on people who go and find this stuff and drag it up with the intention of trying to cancel someone. Its just vindictive.

And why is it always the bloody N word? Can we be original next time, try and cancel people over tripping a baby or something? But only if they did it in the past week. Otherwise GTFO.
lol imagine telling people to GTFO for being hurt/offended if a YouTuber they like/associates w someone they like turns up to have a racist ‘past’. There are several videos of her saying it I believe. And complaining at people cancelling people for the N word...is that not a bad thing in your books? Not original enough? Blacks not as worthy as babies? Sorry teacup, I hate to get political, but I couldn’t let this post slide

. I agree cancel culture has it’s flaws, but the whole VS has dodgy/racist moments in their past, that are continuously ignored. Even apparently Natalie deleted her old twitter due to her own high school tweets. Compared to Jeff, who has actually shown his change, and rejected his life of crime, we really have no idea what the VS political thoughts are, they don’t talk about it.

Obviously people can change, and cancel culture is wrong to an extent when it’s literally just done for the sake of cancelling someone for the sake of it, about things in the past when people have legit changed, but the VS is just a bunch of rich mostly white comedians, who are becoming evermore entitled. But you have to realise how hurtful it can be for people to discover things that happened, and can’t just ignore it because it was in the past, or the n word is ‘not original’ enough to be annoyed at.
Most of the squad has said something racist/homophobic in the past, most of them deleted their old tweets btw. Also look at the current time, their current actions..... Their friend Brandon was openly dating an underage girl and they were fine with that, in addition all of them liked his bullshit tweet when he was exposed. Dom is a creepy guy who forced himself on a girl before but they still friends with him and keep joking about his creepiness like it’s a normal thing . They also support the trash Olivia Jade. These people have no morals whatsoever.
Last edited by pqohwow on Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Teacup30
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: David Dobrik/Vlog Squad (Part 36)

Post by Teacup30 »

noonywel wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:45 am
Teacup30 wrote:
I don't personally give a shit what Erin once said, same with any of them. Its like how Jeff once did some crimes, its in the past and he has proven himself to be a solid individual who has no intention of repeating his mistakes. Nobody in the vlog squad currently uses racist language. They treat everyone the same and don't care what colour people are. If someone was doing that sort of thing now then that would be different.

I actually think it reflects quite poorly on people who go and find this stuff and drag it up with the intention of trying to cancel someone. Its just vindictive.

And why is it always the bloody N word? Can we be original next time, try and cancel people over tripping a baby or something? But only if they did it in the past week. Otherwise GTFO.
lol imagine telling people to GTFO for being hurt/offended if a YouTuber they like/associates w someone they like turns up to have a racist ‘past’. There are several videos of her saying it I believe. And complaining at people cancelling people for the N word...is that not a bad thing in your books? Not original enough? Blacks not as worthy as babies? Sorry teacup, I hate to get political, but I couldn’t let this post slide

. I agree cancel culture has it’s flaws, but the whole VS has dodgy/racist moments in their past, that are continuously ignored. Even apparently Natalie deleted her old twitter due to her own high school tweets. Compared to Jeff, who has actually shown his change, and rejected his life of crime, we really have no idea what the VS political thoughts are, they don’t talk about it.

Obviously people can change, and cancel culture is wrong to an extent when it’s literally just done for the sake of cancelling someone for the sake of it, about things in the past when people have legit changed, but the VS is just a bunch of rich mostly white comedians, who are becoming evermore entitled. But you have to realise how hurtful it can be for people to discover things that happened, and can’t just ignore it because it was in the past, or the n word is ‘not original’ enough to be annoyed at.
I'm not at all saying it isn't wrong, please don't misunderstand me. But it is such an easy thing to google if you don't like someone, that is why I said come up with something original.

I don't believe for a second that any of them are racist now. None of them have said anything remotely racist in recent times. And its also about context. If Erin had called someone of colour that to their face now that would be beyond awful. But several members of the vlog squad have used it because they were young and stupid and thought it was cool and edgy. Times have changed so much even in recent years and as a society we have made a lot of progress and become more aware of how much words like this offend people.

Jesus, I myself used to spout some awful shit when I was young that I would be horrified to have someone drag up now and get insulted by. I regret that I held the beliefs I did then. I'm sure Erin does too.

You know we used to have a small stadium in my town that was called the N*** Brown Stand. Because it was named for a man of colour and that was legit his nickname. Several years back as time changed, people began to realise how very wrong that was and the stadium was renamed. Just goes to show how much progress we have made as a society.
:love1: Strong women don't have attitudes. They have high standards and firm boundaries. :love1:

Teacup30
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Teacup30 »

Coffeebean wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:58 am
Teacup30 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:52 am
Why? They really do hate him! Its not like he gave us explicit instructions on how to burn our own houses down. Disappointing, could totally have used that insurance pay out...

On to C&E's vid, my girl Carly isn't stupid. I'm very much the same and would probably embarrass myself even worse than she did. Julian Solomita is also the same. I think it is to do with how our brains store information. I'm terrible with faces and names, and that includes names for objects not just people. Yet I can recall all kinds of pointless facts including stupidly useless vlog squad facts.

Carly might have something called Face Blindness or Prosopagnosia.
https://www.theguardian.com/society/sho ... en-realise
I think his lack of warning not to do that stuff at home is what got it pulled.
You can post experiment on youtube but warnings should always be given.

Face blindness would be too extreme for carly. That would also mean not being able to recognize close friends and family.

I think she just has a terrible memory in that regard.
There are different degrees of it and I think I have it going by a test I did on the internet anyway. People I see all the time I'm fine with. People I see on the rare occasion not so much. If you take the person out of the environment where I normally see them, I can look at them and think they look familiar but I can't tell you where I know them from let alone their name. I've been working at the same place for years and known to get work mates names wrong. I get one receptionist confused for another which is seriously embarrassing.. but there you go. I do use things like hair styles or glasses or height to give me a hint.

When I watched C&E I thought Nicole Kidman was the girl from Titanic for a minute. Then I realised it isn't, I'm going by the red hair. Thats Kate Winslet. Duh! :rofl:
:love1: Strong women don't have attitudes. They have high standards and firm boundaries. :love1:

Coffeebean
Learner
Learner

Post by Coffeebean »

Teacup30 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:01 am
noonywel wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:45 am
Teacup30 wrote:

I'm not at all saying it isn't wrong, please don't misunderstand me. But it is such an easy thing to google if you don't like someone, that is why I said come up with something original.

I don't believe for a second that any of them are racist now. None of them have said anything remotely racist in recent times. And its also about context. If Erin had called someone of colour that to their face now that would be beyond awful. But several members of the vlog squad have used it because they were young and stupid and thought it was cool and edgy. Times have changed so much even in recent years and as a society we have made a lot of progress and become more aware of how much words like this offend people.

Jesus, I myself used to spout some awful shit when I was young that I would be horrified to have someone drag up now and get insulted by. I regret that I held the beliefs I did then. I'm sure Erin does too.

You know we used to have a small stadium in my town that was called the N*** Brown Stand. Because it was named for a man of colour and that was legit his nickname. Several years back as time changed, people began to realise how very wrong that was and the stadium was renamed. Just goes to show how much progress we have made as a society.
If I use a racist term to insult someone then im a racist if I use it while shitfaced drunk without insulting anyone im just an idiot.

The term racism is losing its credibility because it is used way too often without any context.

None of the Vs are racist or have ever been racist they were idiots and learned from their mistakes

Coffeebean
Learner
Learner

Post by Coffeebean »

Teacup30 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:08 am
Coffeebean wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:58 am
Teacup30 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:52 am
Why? They really do hate him! Its not like he gave us explicit instructions on how to burn our own houses down. Disappointing, could totally have used that insurance pay out...

On to C&E's vid, my girl Carly isn't stupid. I'm very much the same and would probably embarrass myself even worse than she did. Julian Solomita is also the same. I think it is to do with how our brains store information. I'm terrible with faces and names, and that includes names for objects not just people. Yet I can recall all kinds of pointless facts including stupidly useless vlog squad facts.

Carly might have something called Face Blindness or Prosopagnosia.
https://www.theguardian.com/society/sho ... en-realise
I think his lack of warning not to do that stuff at home is what got it pulled.
You can post experiment on youtube but warnings should always be given.

Face blindness would be too extreme for carly. That would also mean not being able to recognize close friends and family.

I think she just has a terrible memory in that regard.
There are different degrees of it and I think I have it going by a test I did on the internet anyway. People I see all the time I'm fine with. People I see on the rare occasion not so much. If you take the person out of the environment where I normally see them, I can look at them and think they look familiar but I can't tell you where I know them from let alone their name. I've been working at the same place for years and known to get work mates names wrong. I get one receptionist confused for another which is seriously embarrassing.. but there you go. I do use things like hair styles or glasses or height to give me a hint.

When I watched C&E I thought Nicole Kidman was the girl from Titanic for a minute. Then I realised it isn't, I'm going by the red hair. Thats Kate Winslet. Duh! :rofl:
I think she just has a terrible knowledge of pop culture with a combination of a terrible memory with faces. Half the people who were shown in that ideo were famous before she was born.

Teacup30
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Teacup30 »

And for C&E's next sunday video, here is a suggestion. Do this quiz! Its actually aimed at super recognizers who are the opposite end of the spectrum but lets you know where abouts you sit.

https://www.thecut.com/2016/06/are-you- ... nizer.html

For reference I got 7/14. Evidently that means 87% of people who have taken that quiz have scored better than me. Nice.

Mosie926
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Mosie926 »

I did worse than Carly did with the faces, I knew a handful of them. The others were either that guy from that movie or who's that. Some people are good with faces and names and others are not.
If life is like a box of chocolates, why am I getting all the coconut ones :(.

Cappy24
Informer
Informer

Post by Cappy24 »

Teacup30 wrote:And for C&E's next sunday video, here is a suggestion. Do this quiz! Its actually aimed at super recognizers who are the opposite end of the spectrum but lets you know where abouts you sit.

https://www.thecut.com/2016/06/are-you- ... nizer.html

For reference I got 7/14. Evidently that means 87% of people who have taken that quiz have scored better than me. Nice.
Lol I just took that quiz and I always thought I was pretty good at recognising faces but I got the exact same result as you! Shit was hard!

Even if Carly did come of a little slow in that video I really liked her in it, she was laughing sooo hard and seemed to be having so much fun. I can’t remember a video where Carly has been laughing as much as that it was so cute

noonywel
Debater
Debater

Post by noonywel »

Watching Jonah’s recent vlog, and seeing all the work they put in to make that indoor water park only for it to be in a few seconds of the vlog. Litreally, moving all the furniture, bought and blew up massive slides outside and pools inside, hired people to help and build a lifeguard chair, never mind the clean up after, all for a 10 sec bit in the vlog? Seemed like a lot of effort wasted, and I’d probs be annoyed if I was Natalie, cass, Jonah or the new assistant, and went to all that effort. I mean, I know it’s their job, but still. Sometimes I think David doesn’t need to go so extra for his vlogs, bet there’s a lot of great footage that could be had from that, and it’s only ended up on Jonah’s channel.

pious
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by pious »

I got a 6/14

That quiz is measuring something completely different, though. Those are new faces you get to see for a brief moment, and then they keep showing you the same group of people to choose from so it gets confusing.

I think Carly just isn’t interested in older movies and music. I bet if if you showed her a bunch of Disney channel actors from the 2000s, she’d probably get them all.

Coffeebean
Learner
Learner

Post by Coffeebean »

noonywel wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:54 am
Watching Jonah’s recent vlog, and seeing all the work they put in to make that indoor water park only for it to be in a few seconds of the vlog. Litreally, moving all the furniture, bought and blew up massive slides outside and pools inside, hired people to help and build a lifeguard chair, never mind the clean up after, all for a 10 sec bit in the vlog? Seemed like a lot of effort wasted, and I’d probs be annoyed if I was Natalie, cass, Jonah or the new assistant, and went to all that effort. I mean, I know it’s their job, but still. Sometimes I think David doesn’t need to go so extra for his vlogs, bet there’s a lot of great footage that could be had from that, and it’s only ended up on Jonah’s channel.
I mean it was a surprise for him. David didnt really ask for it. Usually people complain when bits go on for too long in his vlogs thats why he cuts everything so short.

Teacup30
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Teacup30 »

Wow they are so mean to Jonah... I kind feel sorry for him except for the fact he appears to have done little to no work. Still didn't see the full extent of what they achieved in that vid either!

Cas rushing through yelling BITCH MOVE did crack me up though.

Oh and the top comment. Much yes.
(Put a strip club in David's house)

Brokentoken
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Brokentoken »

Erin is obviously not a racist, most people who go dig for stuff a bunch of stupid white kids said in highschool in order to cancel them are other white people who will gladly make a big show of outrage on Twitter for a couple seconds but do nothing against the actual institutions that foster racism. There's a portion of people who do it because they enjoy seeing someone well known taken down cause when people bring up acts of racism from other companies or other people that aren't in popular culture you don't hear a peep from their twitters. There's another portion of people who do it just to make themselves look good. And then there's people who do it to try and take down people they like and those people piss me off the most, black people's suffering is just a tool for them to achieve their goal they don't really care about us. Then there's people who just like to hop on any bandwagon. When you add up those people then from what I've seen on Twitter you get majority of the people who try to destroy someone in situations like this.

I got 11/14 on the face test. Expected to do much worse but I guess it's names I'm bad with not really faces. I don't know if Carly being bad with faces is why she didn't do well though, she always performs poorly on celebrity quizzes and movie trivia, maybe she just consumed very little popular entertainment in the past.
#Insertpettypassiveaggressiveshadehere

monak
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by monak »

Nah. She said what she said and she's trash for it. I don't care how old she was.

moonmoon44
Learner
Learner

Post by moonmoon44 »

Yoo just to throw it out there, I'm nine years younger than Carly and knew everybody in that video except two. Most of them had their peak decades before I was born but they're uber famous and extremely recognizable even if you aren't a fan. Where tf has she been?! I hate to be one of those people but I just find it cringy.

Post by Guest »

I still think it’s wild that Carly didn’t know Tom Cruise. She’s 28! Lol anyway... I don’t think anyone in the VS is racist. Ignorant? Maybe. Racist? No. I do find it a little odd that aside from jeff’s friends & when Liza was around — a majority, if not all, of their friends are white. it’s LA!

darcyking
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by darcyking »

rshadewinslet wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:06 am
I still think it’s wild that Carly didn’t know Tom Cruise. She’s 28! Lol anyway... I don’t think anyone in the VS is racist. Ignorant? Maybe. Racist? No. I do find it a little odd that aside from jeff’s friends & when Liza was around — a majority, if not all, of their friends are white. it’s LA!
i agree that it is weird that all of their friends are white! i live in LA, and it is super diverse!! I even run in similar social circles as the vs and my friend group is fairly diverse. that being said, i don't think it is intentional

Coffeebean
Learner
Learner

Post by Coffeebean »

darcyking wrote:
rshadewinslet wrote:
i agree that it is weird that all of their friends are white! i live in LA, and it is super diverse!! I even run in similar social circles as the vs and my friend group is fairly diverse. that being said, i don't think it is intentional
keep in mind that you only see the people who are in the videos or vlogs. There are tons of people over at David's all the time from all kinds of ethnicities.

His social circle is a lot bigger than what we get to see on camera.

ughloml
Informer
Informer

Post by ughloml »

moonmoon44 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:01 am
Yoo just to throw it out there, I'm nine years younger than Carly and knew everybody in that video except two. Most of them had their peak decades before I was born but they're uber famous and extremely recognizable even if you aren't a fan. Where tf has she been?! I hate to be one of those people but I just find it cringy.
In her defence, she did know them, just not their names with their faces. I’m also 9 years younger than her and couldn’t for the life of me remember David Bowie’s name when they had his picture on the screen, nearly had a meltdown but that doesn’t mean I don’t know him ygm
However, saying that, the fact she didn’t know Robert Downey Jr based on the picture was absolute madness hahahha

miserlou
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by miserlou »

Coffeebean wrote:
darcyking wrote:
rshadewinslet wrote:
keep in mind that you only see the people who are in the videos or vlogs. There are tons of people over at David's all the time from all kinds of ethnicities.

His social circle is a lot bigger than what we get to see on camera.
Like who?

Return to “David Dobrik”