David Dobrik/Vlog Squad (Part 34)

Re: David Dobrik/Vlog Squad (Part 34)

Post by Guest »

FilofaxK wrote:
Plastike wrote: I truly don't see the Natalie hype. This is just my opinion but
She's not funny. She's not unintentionally or intentionally funny.
She's not that pretty. She's average to me with no charm, she dresses ok to meh, she really isn't as special as people make her out to be. Part of her popularity is people shipping her with David. If she had a YT channel it would be the most boring thing ever and most people would only watch to see David and maybe a BTS type thing. Like Jason except Jason can be funny. Her whole personality is "she clapped back to David!" which is boring. Individually she's boring and she stands out in the VS bc she is the most bland one. All the compliments Natalie receives on her "funny" and "sarcastic" personality fit Mariah more in my opinion. I also think Mariah is gorgeous but I can't speak for others.
To be fair I don't find Natalie necessarily funny. I just like her. I do find Mariah funny but that might be because you get to see more of her humour through her editing?
I have literally 0 fashion sense but I like both what Mariah and Natalie wear. I also love that they both don't be YouTube. They are happy and content with Thier lives without it.
What I meant by bringing these things up is that in MY opinion she doesn't stand out in anything that would make me like her. She's bland, she doesn't really have talent (which applies to some others in the VS but her especially, comedy is a talent) she dresses meh, she's boring. Just because someone is quiet 80% of the time and does meh clap backs to David where she calls him a baby doesn't mean they're refreshing unique or anything else she's just boring. She just seems like a nice girl who is boring.

shaymack12
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by shaymack12 »

Plastike wrote:
FilofaxK wrote:
She's not that pretty. She's average to me with no charm, she dresses ok to meh, she really isn't as special as people make her out to be. Part of her popularity is people shipping her with David. If she had a YT channel it would be the most boring thing ever and most people would only watch to see David and maybe a BTS type thing. Like Jason except Jason can be funny. Her whole personality is "she clapped back to David!" which is boring. Individually she's boring and she stands out in the VS bc she is the most bland one. All the compliments Natalie receives on her "funny" and "sarcastic" personality fit Mariah more in my opinion. I also think Mariah is gorgeous but I can't speak for others.
To be fair I don't find Natalie necessarily funny. I just like her. I do find Mariah funny but that might be because you get to see more of her humour through her editing?
I have literally 0 fashion sense but I like both what Mariah and Natalie wear. I also love that they both don't be YouTube. They are happy and content with Thier lives without it.
What I meant by bringing these things up is that in MY opinion she doesn't stand out in anything that would make me like her. She's bland, she doesn't really have talent (which applies to some others in the VS but her especially, comedy is a talent) she dresses meh, she's boring. Just because someone is quiet 80% of the time and does meh clap backs to David where she calls him a baby doesn't mean they're refreshing unique or anything else she's just boring. She just seems like a nice girl who is boring.
her being nice is debatable, she’s rude

Post by Guest »

shaymackdelete2 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:17 am
Plastike wrote:
FilofaxK wrote:
I don't like her that much but she SEEMS nice. Where has she been rude?

shaymack12
Debater
Debater

Post by shaymack12 »

Plastike wrote:
shaymackdelete2 wrote:
Plastike wrote:
FilofaxK wrote:
david considers her to be, he said it multiple times in the podcast and Jason agreed she’s mean especially to david

Nat9843
Talker
Talker

Post by Nat9843 »

Kind of off topic now but with Jason’s video people were mentioning Jeff leaves with Kelsey that he was walking stass and Kelsey out because he’s seen later in shot at around 1520 but in the same shot Kelsey and stass are also there. So must have just gone out to talk.

Nat9843
Talker
Talker

Post by Nat9843 »

shaymackdelete2 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:26 am
Plastike wrote:
shaymackdelete2 wrote:
Plastike wrote:
FilofaxK wrote:

david considers her to be, he said it multiple times in the podcast and Jason agreed she’s mean especially to david
Which podcasts and what time? I haven’t heard that

Qrystel
Informer
Informer

Post by Qrystel »

Plastike wrote:
FilofaxK wrote:
I think her appeal to a lot of people is that she isnt a vlog character, she is simply herself not played up or anything, that can be looked at as quite refreshing in a group that is build around their played acts.

And out of the Vs group I find her most attractive just from the looks if I dont take personality into consideration, the only one coming close would be corinna for me personally . She likes to wear what she likes, you dont dress for others you dress for yourself.

I can somewhat relate to the attitude she has towards all the chaos that goes on in their lifes and you are completely right, she is a fan favourite because of how David portrays her on his vlogs.

I think people are starting to turn on her because right from the beginning she said she doesnt want to be an influencer but at the same time is making now a lot of money from all kinds of brand deals.

Jealousy is probably a factor as well, she is just the assistant but is getting more attention that most people on the vlog. So people are starting to think that she doesnt deserve any of her fame because she doesnt do anything for it.

I dont think she is funny but she isnt trying to be funny she is simply herself and that what makes her likeable. The early days of the vlogs when Liza first appeared it was really similar, she didnt really play a character back then she was just a 19 year old girl having fun with her friends.

Natalie is probably the most important person in David's live right now and im thankful for that because if she wasnt here right know I think someone would have found David in a ditch somwhere dead from a heart attack.

She is part of the reason why David functions so no Natalie = no Vlogs in a sense. I think people on here are more invested in David than they are in the vlogs at this point.

The vlogs have minimal talk on here compared to all the other Stuff that is talked about on here, his side projects, where he is, what he is doing, all these things. She may not be a fun and energetic character for the vlog but she is part of the reason he is so successful right now.

Qrystel
Informer
Informer

Post by Qrystel »

shaymackdelete2 wrote:
Plastike wrote:
shaymackdelete2 wrote:
Plastike wrote:
FilofaxK wrote:

I think she can be rude like everyone else. Yes he has talked about her being rude/snappy with him and he is even scared to ask her for something sometimes but I dont know how serious that actually is.

lifestyledecor
Talker
Talker

Post by lifestyledecor »

shaymackdelete2 wrote:
Plastike wrote:
shaymackdelete2 wrote:
Plastike wrote:
FilofaxK wrote:

She’s rude to Jonah as well. Yes I know it’s Jonah but he’s still a person.

I personally like Natalie a lot. I don’t understand why someone is considered boring just because they are r funny? She seems like a great friend, adds the occasional fun element to the vlog, and I think she’d be great just to sit down and have a conversation with. She is beautiful as well.

Qrystel
Informer
Informer

Post by Qrystel »

lifestyledecor wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:43 am
shaymackdelete2 wrote:
Plastike wrote:
shaymackdelete2 wrote:
Plastike wrote:

She’s rude to Jonah as well. Yes I know it’s Jonah but he’s still a person.

I personally like Natalie a lot. I don’t understand why someone is considered boring just because they are r funny? She seems like a great friend, adds the occasional fun element to the vlog, and I think she’d be great just to sit down and have a conversation with. She is beautiful as well.
Sry but in the Situation where she was Rude to Jonah it was 100% deserved. She didnt insult him at all but I would be pissed here too

Post by Guest »

Qrystel wrote:
Plastike wrote:
FilofaxK wrote:
I think her appeal to a lot of people is that she isnt a vlog character, she is simply herself not played up or anything, that can be looked at as quite refreshing in a group that is build around their played acts.

And out of the Vs group I find her most attractive just from the looks if I dont take personality into consideration, the only one coming close would be corinna for me personally . She likes to wear what she likes, you dont dress for others you dress for yourself.

I can somewhat relate to the attitude she has towards all the chaos that goes on in their lifes and you are completely right, she is a fan favourite because of how David portrays her on his vlogs.

I think people are starting to turn on her because right from the beginning she said she doesnt want to be an influencer but at the same time is making now a lot of money from all kinds of brand deals.

Jealousy is probably a factor as well, she is just the assistant but is getting more attention that most people on the vlog. So people are starting to think that she doesnt deserve any of her fame because she doesnt do anything for it.

I dont think she is funny but she isnt trying to be funny she is simply herself and that what makes her likeable. The early days of the vlogs when Liza first appeared it was really similar, she didnt really play a character back then she was just a 19 year old girl having fun with her friends.

Natalie is probably the most important person in David's live right now and im thankful for that because if she wasnt here right know I think someone would have found David in a ditch somwhere dead from a heart attack.

She is part of the reason why David functions so no Natalie = no Vlogs in a sense. I think people on here are more invested in David than they are in the vlogs at this point.

The vlogs have minimal talk on here compared to all the other Stuff that is talked about on here, his side projects, where he is, what he is doing, all these things. She may not be a fun and energetic character for the vlog but she is part of the reason he is so successful right now.
I think you made great points here and I agree with a few. But it all comes down to the person watching and what they prefer to see. I think she seems really nice and i'm glad that she's there because it is absolutely true (the highlighted part). I never said she was rude so i'll give her that, she seems like a really nice girl who truly helps David with more than just the vlogs. She's still a boring and bland person to me though, and I personally would prefer to see less of her but as I said it all comes down to what you want to see.

Qrystel
Informer
Informer

Post by Qrystel »

Plastike wrote:
I think you made great points here and I agree with a few. But it all comes down to the person watching and what they prefer to see. I think she seems really nice and i'm glad that she's there because it is absolutely true (the highlighted part). I never said she was rude so i'll give her that, she seems like a really nice girl who truly helps David with more than just the vlogs. She's still a boring and bland person to me though, and I personally would prefer to see less of her but as I said it all comes down to what you want to see.
I mean I take her in a bit over the Antonyan's any day of the week. At the moment she isnt really a huge part of the vlogs, just some short clips. Im pretty sure she doesnt even want to play that big of a part in the vlogs on camera. Interestingly enough she seems similar to David in that sense , organizing and directing the action more than being the main focus.

mintiie
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mintiie »

Qrystel wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:36 am
FilofaxK wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:33 am
yellowcat wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:31 am
Natalie is just average. She looks attractive but average attractive. It’s her personality that’s probably unattractive to David though - she’s not witty or quick like Liza. Everyone is like omg she’s sooo sarcastic when she claps back!!1! - sarcasm is literally the lowest form of humour (sorry Jeff).
I live in the UK and we are all sarcastic. I personally find puns the lowest form of humour.
Same dry humor and sarcasm is pretty natural in europe. Puns are just boring and unfunny.

You are friends with people with a similar sense of humor. Natalie is his closest friend. So im pretty sure they are quite similar in that regard
Yeah, I'm from England too. Whenever I get sarcastic with my American friends they don't really understand it or they think I'm being rude. Some puns i can find funny but overdoing it makes me want to smack my head on a brick wall.

tuttifruittitea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tuttifruittitea »

mintiie wrote:
Qrystel wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:36 am
FilofaxK wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:33 am
yellowcat wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:31 am
Natalie is just average. She looks attractive but average attractive. It’s her personality that’s probably unattractive to David though - she’s not witty or quick like Liza. Everyone is like omg she’s sooo sarcastic when she claps back!!1! - sarcasm is literally the lowest form of humour (sorry Jeff).
I live in the UK and we are all sarcastic. I personally find puns the lowest form of humour.
Same dry humor and sarcasm is pretty natural in europe. Puns are just boring and unfunny.

You are friends with people with a similar sense of humor. Natalie is his closest friend. So im pretty sure they are quite similar in that regard
Yeah, I'm from England too. Whenever I get sarcastic with my American friends they don't really understand it or they think I'm being rude. Some puns i can find funny but overdoing it makes me want to smack my head on a brick wall.
it’s similar with australia too. us aussie’s love self deprecating humour but americans get confused by it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

Qrystel wrote:
Plastike wrote:
I mean I take her in a bit over the Antonyan's any day of the week. At the moment she isnt really a huge part of the vlogs, just some short clips. Im pretty sure she doesnt even want to play that big of a part in the vlogs on camera. Interestingly enough she seems similar to David in that sense , organizing and directing the action more than being the main focus.
I agree. The only valid Antonyans are Marine and Suzy and i'd like to see them more. Mostly Suzy though since poor Marine is too busy taking care of her 25 year old man child.

Teacup30
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Teacup30 »

I feel like with Natalie, the vast majority of people love her. The remainder are confused about why she gets so much love and feel its overdone and therefore don't want to follow the masses. But I think we can all agree she is integral to David's success and well being.

Never mind Natalie. I'm trying to find David an apartment block he can rent out to his friends. Would be a great investment for his money. His friends could rent at a discounted price with a similar agreement to Doms. You rent here, David has free reign to come and terrorise you at his will. Or something to that effect.

4 units
Jason gets one to himself since he would want his kids to have their own rooms.
Zane, Todd & Matt can share, Todd is barely there anyway.
Carly probably doesn't want to share with any of the boys so she can have her own.
And that leaves one for Scott, Kristen and Link. Um might not be dog suitable though... hmm.

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandho ... 47?view=qv
:love1: Strong women don't have attitudes. They have high standards and firm boundaries. :love1:

Qrystel
Informer
Informer

Post by Qrystel »

Plastike wrote:
Qrystel wrote:
Plastike wrote:
I agree. The only valid Antonyans are Marine and Suzy and i'd like to see them more. Mostly Suzy though since poor Marine is too busy taking care of her 25 year old man child.
Suzy is very sweet but I dont think any of the antonyan's bring anything amazing to the vlogs. But she does give a good laugh track in the background.

If I had to rank the antonyan from best to worst it would probably be Dad,Suzy,Marine,Vardan,Jonah

miserlou
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by miserlou »

Natalie brings as much to the table as most female YouTubers she’s just a pretty, slim, white girl with no real stand out personality traits.

Qrystel
Informer
Informer

Post by Qrystel »

Jesus david has 2.1 million tik tok followers

Qrystel
Informer
Informer

Post by Qrystel »

miserlou wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:49 am
Natalie brings as much to the table as most female YouTubers she’s just a pretty, slim, white girl with no real stand out personality traits.
Honestly dont care what she brings to be the table, the important part is what happens bts for me.

Return to “David Dobrik”