InTheFOMO - The Most Expressionful Influencer (Part 5)

gossipy locks
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: InTheFOMO - The Most Expressionful Influencer (Part 5)

Post by gossipy locks »

QueenDecember wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:32 pm
loveherhateher wrote:Her shoe collection isn't terrible nor is it that much considering her profession. Shoes can do so much for an outfit, so I'm not faulting her there. The issue I have is the fact that she went on and on about this custom closet, that was being fitted and created just for her, but then she has to finagle it to get her shoes to fit in the freaking thing! I thought the whole point of a custom anything was that it was created for your stuff, with your precise measurements, etc. She should have gone through her collection, figured out how much space she needed for flats, heels, boots, etc and then designed around that. It seems counterproductive.
She’s such a moron when it comes to the Frow home and her DREAM closet. A greedy, materialistic moron.

Anyone with a grain of common sense would measure their shoes and ensure they’d fit before building a whole row of custom cabinets. Having a trial board cut to be sure! The fact that she nor Alex considered that is embarrassing and the fact that the design company didn’t advise them to do that makes me think the design team wanted to secretly give them the middle finger while laughing to the bank at the foolish Instagram couple.

Now she has a custom closet of drawers that don’t fit her shoes and doors that don’t even close. Wow Vic, bravo. ImageImageImage
Okay, where did you see this. I haven't been watching her for months and I MUST witness this embarrassment for myself :rofl:

Does anyone else feel like she loved Lydia's house and wanted a bungalow for herself? She also must have felt like she could do it better in some way. A week or two ago, I saw a picture of Vic's closet space on IG (before the closet was finished) and all I could think was how similar it looked to Lydia's closet space - with the sloped ceilings, wood floors, etc. I'm sure the finishes will be quite different but still, I find it weird.

Poopettemetis
Informer
Informer

Post by Poopettemetis »

Again with the thoughts, prayers and tears for Australia, but just flew to Edinburgh for a night. Toots around in a Bentley for no reason other than they’re paying her to do it.

Spreads misinformation about meat and dairy - the demand for almonds grown in California are decimating bee populations; seek local alternatives to mass produced meat/dairy, etc etc.; try to be an educated consumer

Says to cut down on fast fashion and stop buying more clothing - yes, but take your own advice Vic. Just because it’s gifted (or designer) doesn’t make it better for the environment!

I can’t get over the fact that she clearly doesn’t see that her consumption and materialism contribute to the environmental crisis far more than any one normal person. She’s buying/getting gifted stuff IN ADDITION to telling people to buy, buy, buy, swipe up, buy.

And let’s not even pretend that her house renovations aren’t contributing.

agirlwillbequeen
Debater
Debater

Post by agirlwillbequeen »

Poopettemetis wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:18 pm
Again with the thoughts, prayers and tears for Australia, but just flew to Edinburgh for a night. Toots around in a Bentley for no reason other than they’re paying her to do it.

Spreads misinformation about meat and dairy - the demand for almonds grown in California are decimating bee populations; seek local alternatives to mass produced meat/dairy, etc etc.; try to be an educated consumer

Says to cut down on fast fashion and stop buying more clothing - yes, but take your own advice Vic. Just because it’s gifted (or designer) doesn’t make it better for the environment!

I can’t get over the fact that she clearly doesn’t see that her consumption and materialism contribute to the environmental crisis far more than any one normal person. She’s buying/getting gifted stuff IN ADDITION to telling people to buy, buy, buy, swipe up, buy.

I feel like she’s trolling us. She put the lecture about climate change and things to do to improve the problem over a picture of the view out of an aeroplane window. It is literally like a middle finger to the world. Then the next post her explaining herself. Is she dense? I feel like I’m taking crazy pills!! What is she thinking??

QueenDecember
Informer
Informer

InTheFOMO - The Most Expressionful Influencer (Part 5)

Post by QueenDecember »

agirlwillbequeen wrote:
Poopettemetis wrote:

I feel like she’s trolling us. She put the lecture about climate change and things to do to improve the problem over a picture of the view out of an aeroplane window. It is literally like a middle finger to the world. Then the next post her explaining herself. Is she dense? I feel like I’m taking crazy pills!! What is she thinking??
I really think she believes her nonsense and thinks she’s a responsible citizen of the earth...which is downright laughable.

And one of her minions on Instagram yesterday I saw did the same I’M DOING MY BEST entitled crap when her audience complained about her using balloons for foolish photo ops in London because of how harmful they are to wildlife who mistake them for food and suffocate to death.

I’m so tired of influencers and their “hot take” on doing right for the environment, except when it stands in the way of their selfish agendas.

drasticactions
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by drasticactions »

Poopettemetis wrote:

It bugs me that she and Alex make dairy out like it is "the enemy" I'm lactose intolerant so I have to buy non dairy milk or I'd be in the bathroom all day (and miserable) I can eat some cheese and yogurt with the help of lactase enzyme supplements . But most people who go drinking non dairy milk don't need it. I appreciate there are more options now bc there is higher demand but people don't think about how much water it takes to grow almonds , yeah cows produce methane but people seem to speak in absolutes when it isn't correct. Many choices like that aren't actually better they are just different. I don't get why people get all "holier than thou" about shit like that. Same with clothing "cotton doesn't release microplastics when washed" but then people don't think about the amount of water and the damage to the land cotton causes.

Her flying everywhere just pisses me off too.

calabazarock
Informer
Informer

Post by calabazarock »

drasticactions wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:53 am
Poopettemetis wrote:

It bugs me that she and Alex make dairy out like it is "the enemy" I'm lactose intolerant so I have to buy non dairy milk or I'd be in the bathroom all day (and miserable) I can eat some cheese and yogurt with the help of lactase enzyme supplements . But most people who go drinking non dairy milk don't need it. I appreciate there are more options now bc there is higher demand but people don't think about how much water it takes to grow almonds , yeah cows produce methane but people seem to speak in absolutes when it isn't correct. Many choices like that aren't actually better they are just different. I don't get why people get all "holier than thou" about shit like that. Same with clothing "cotton doesn't release microplastics when washed" but then people don't think about the amount of water and the damage to the land cotton causes.

Omg. Yes! I've been saying this all along about the all electric vehicles craze. What's the point if we don't have cleaner methods to produce energy? Is just taking contamination somewhere else.

drasticactions
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by drasticactions »

calabazarock wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:13 am
drasticactions wrote:
Poopettemetis wrote:

Omg. Yes! I've been saying this all along about the all electric vehicles craze. What's the point if we don't have cleaner methods to produce energy? Is just taking contamination somewhere else.
Right! I love the idea of hybrids and electric cars. But depending where the power from your house comes from, you might be charging your car with coal energy or something not sustainable. Ideally you'd maybe have solar panels on your garage that powers the charger for your electric car. Might not be making emissions with your car but something else you use to power your car might. People seem to forget these are complex issues

Mind you a lot of waste and pollution is from industry so squabbling over this kind of stuff prob won't make a difference anyway

Poopettemetis
Informer
Informer

Post by Poopettemetis »

drasticactions wrote:
Poopettemetis wrote:

Gah! Sorry if my rant seemed against dairy alternatives! If you need them, you need them ya know?! It’s the same with Lydia and all her gluten intolerance shit. Their designer diets are contributing to all sorts of negative impacts and makes it more challenging for people with actual food allergies and intolerances to be taken seriously.

Post by Guest »

Poopettemetis wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:23 pm
drasticactions wrote:
Poopettemetis wrote:

Gah! Sorry if my rant seemed against dairy alternatives! If you need them, you need them ya know?! It’s the same with Lydia and all her gluten intolerance shit. Their designer diets are contributing to all sorts of negative impacts and makes it more challenging for people with actual food allergies and intolerances to be taken seriously.
Ooooooh, I just saw (not sure if this is old news, sorry if it is), but she's actually now an owner of 4 companies. If you search or Victoria Claire Magrath and go on the companieshouse.gov.uk website, she is listed as a director of Northern Bee BEAUTY, Northern Bee CLOTHING limited, Northern Bee HOLDINGS, and Northern Bee SOCIAL Ltd. I presume that the social one is the rebrand from Inthefrow. So it looks like she will be launching a clothing line and a beauty line. I wonder if they would be like sustainable brands? And it kind of makes sense now that she left Gleam- she probably wouldn't want to share her profits with them, which is fair enough. I noticed a lot of influencers have been leaving Gleam lately!

drasticactions
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by drasticactions »

Poopettemetis wrote:
drasticactions wrote:
Poopettemetis wrote:

I was agreeing with you! Sorry if it didn't come off that way. I totally agree, people who are fussy for no reason really make people who do have dietary issues look bad. Lydia and Vic are really just using it to justify their disordered eating.

gossipy locks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gossipy locks »

Mwdelete992 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:01 pm
Poopettemetis wrote:
Ooooooh, I just saw (not sure if this is old news, sorry if it is), but she's actually now an owner of 4 companies. If you search or Victoria Claire Magrath and go on the companieshouse.gov.uk website, she is listed as a director of Northern Bee BEAUTY, Northern Bee CLOTHING limited, Northern Bee HOLDINGS, and Northern Bee SOCIAL Ltd. I presume that the social one is the rebrand from Inthefrow. So it looks like she will be launching a clothing line and a beauty line. I wonder if they would be like sustainable brands? And it kind of makes sense now that she left Gleam- she probably wouldn't want to share her profits with them, which is fair enough. I noticed a lot of influencers have been leaving Gleam lately!
This is really interesting! I don't think anyone would buy her beauty products or clothing, though, so good luck to her if that's her plan. Hopefully she has something more interesting planned than just straight beauty and fashion lines

Aimz_yeah
Talker
Talker

Post by Aimz_yeah »

I wonder if the different companies are a way of splitting up her income. Beauty could just mean what she makes from beauty ads, clothing from clothing ads (and depop etc). Might be a crafty way of trying to limit tax?

Emmy25
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Emmy25 »

The long nails from her 'PR treatment' look so cheap.

Post by Guest »

Aimz_yeah wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:48 am
I wonder if the different companies are a way of splitting up her income. Beauty could just mean what she makes from beauty ads, clothing from clothing ads (and depop etc). Might be a crafty way of trying to limit tax?
Hmm you’re right- the easiest way to avoid paying too much tax is to put some earnings through a business.

Fifi_dear
Informer
Informer

Post by Fifi_dear »

I just found her and omg, isn't she precious with her played-up lisp and her fake amazement at how beautiful everything is. There are plenty of girls like her that keep sailing through adult life without having to put in any effort to learn about anything beyond the surface (just look at her take on climate change or her very cookie-cutter interior design), spew complete and utter BS but get away with it and are loved because they are just so so so adorable and perfect. :bang:

I have to say, precious girls like her irk me infinitely more than straight-up bitches like Lydia Millen. The latter at least is unapologetically her vapid, materialistic self and doesn't sail through life by pretending to be this sweet girl next door.

Mixedbaby
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Mixedbaby »

She’s in Paris and she didn’t even get invited to the Dior show today? Auwch...

Weird Vagina
Sparkling Unicorn
Sparkling Unicorn

Post by Weird Vagina »

any title suggestions for the new thread?

QueenDecember
Informer
Informer

Post by QueenDecember »

Weird Vagina wrote:any title suggestions for the new thread?
Don’t have a title but here are some ideas we could play with...

Fashion Week D-Lister
Bitter in the Burbs
Married to a Toddler
Self-Appointed Sustainability Expert
How Many Trips to DryBar Can You Take in a Year?

Weird Vagina
Sparkling Unicorn
Sparkling Unicorn

Post by Weird Vagina »

Return to “Inthefrow”