Following

pandaspoop
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Sierra Schultzzie - AA in Size 12 Fashion Innovation - Part 3

Post by pandaspoop »

Love the title, sierra’s definition of “size 12” really is innovative...

mbn_0310
Talker
Talker

Post by mbn_0310 »

I hate that she says she supports sustainable fashion, yet she purchases fast fashion for her videos? I noticed a comment on her Dolls Kill video stating a similar opinion, she replied to it saying that she buys sustainable clothes for her own personal wear and that she only purchases other types of clothing for videos. She says she doesn't support these clothing companies producing cheap, poorly made clothes paying their employees next to nothing, but by purchasing them and broadcasting them in her videos, she IS. The number of comments on her videos saying 'wow I love that I'm going to buy it' or 'buying that item right now' shows that she isn't making a difference at all by simply purchasing sustainable fashion for her own wear, when she's impacting so negatively by purchasing fast fashion clothing for making a profit and for likes on her videos. Disregarding your morals for profit is really disgusting.
In response to this from the previous thread...literally none of her wardrobe is like madewell or American eagle. American eagle has been linked to poor worker conditions in their foreign factories. This girl is all talk and full of shit

Zomgshields
Informer
Informer

Post by Zomgshields »

She has never even talked about thrifting unless she’s with Carrie she’s such a liar I bet she’s never even set foot in a goodwill or anything
Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one remembers to turn on the light

gigigi
Informer
Informer

Post by gigigi »

Followinggggg 🙈

danny-devito
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by danny-devito »

mbn_0310 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 5:59 pm
I hate that she says she supports sustainable fashion, yet she purchases fast fashion for her videos? I noticed a comment on her Dolls Kill video stating a similar opinion, she replied to it saying that she buys sustainable clothes for her own personal wear and that she only purchases other types of clothing for videos. She says she doesn't support these clothing companies producing cheap, poorly made clothes paying their employees next to nothing, but by purchasing them and broadcasting them in her videos, she IS. The number of comments on her videos saying 'wow I love that I'm going to buy it' or 'buying that item right now' shows that she isn't making a difference at all by simply purchasing sustainable fashion for her own wear, when she's impacting so negatively by purchasing fast fashion clothing for making a profit and for likes on her videos. Disregarding your morals for profit is really disgusting.
In response to this from the previous thread...literally none of her wardrobe is like madewell or American eagle. American eagle has been linked to poor worker conditions in their foreign factories. This girl is all talk and full of shit
she says she doesn't support those companies but literally gives them FREE ADVERTISING by doing these videos lmaoooo. guess that AA has given her zero critical thinking skills.

lifeisabeach03
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lifeisabeach03 »

I think everyone is completely misunderstanding how much she makes on YouTube... she's set for life. She will always have followers and they will most likely only keep growing. she will always be able to take sponsorships whether they're on YouTube or another platform. And if that's not enough, branding yourself and gaining hundreds of thousands of followers is great experience for lots of jobs. There are lots of places that would hire her. Trust me, she'll be fine in life. money wise at least lol. But I highly doubt she will ever have to get another type of job. I don't know of any YouTubers that have had to stop making money off YouTube just because they got older... and if YouTube ever isn't a popular thing anymore her followers will follow her to another platform.

mbn_0310
Talker
Talker

Post by mbn_0310 »

lifeisabeach03 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 10:35 pm
I think everyone is completely misunderstanding how much she makes on YouTube... she's set for life. She will always have followers and they will most likely only keep growing. she will always be able to take sponsorships whether they're on YouTube or another platform. And if that's not enough, branding yourself and gaining hundreds of thousands of followers is great experience for lots of jobs. There are lots of places that would hire her. Trust me, she'll be fine in life. money wise at least lol. But I highly doubt she will ever have to get another type of job. I don't know of any YouTubers that have had to stop making money off YouTube just because they got older... and if YouTube ever isn't a popular thing anymore her followers will follow her to another platform.
The difference between her and those other youtubers is that they keep their content fresh as they age. Sierras content hasn’t changed and probably won’t. The only way I see her progressing with her career is when she starts being a mommy blogger

alphaB13
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by alphaB13 »

lifeisabeach03 wrote:
I do not think she makes enough to be set for life yet. She's probably doing well for herself, but the money can certainly run out. She doesn't even have a million subs yet, and like mbn said, her content is not growing up with her. I personally think she's peaked.

danny-devito
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by danny-devito »

alphaB13 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 10:55 pm
lifeisabeach03 wrote:
I do not think she makes enough to be set for life yet. She's probably doing well for herself, but the money can certainly run out. She doesn't even have a million subs yet, and like mbn said, her content is not growing up with her. I personally think she's peaked.
i agree in that i don't think she's got enough to be set for life yet, but i think she's on her way there. once she becomes a mommy vlogger/starts a family channel, more money will absolutely come in. they've already got a house, and really, if she invests well, she could "retire" from youtube, live off investments and stephen's income (especially if he moves up in his field), and never work again - which tbh, seems like it could be her goal. i think she'll have to spend more wisely in the near future, because as said above her content is STALE and i don't see her growing, but for all we know she might have some money invested already.

Justreading4fun

Post by Justreading4fun »

There’s literally quite a lot of YouTubers that are not as popular as they used to be anymore or just simply left. There’s Zoella and the entire British YouTuber clan. There’s Blair Fowler, Tyler Oakley is not popping anymore and Michelle Phan left YouTube due to burnout.

I don’t know how old everyone is here and there have definitely been YouTubers who have come and gone. Here’s my opinion on why I think Sierra won’t have longevity on social media. Her content is repetitive. Eventually, the numbers will start dropping as people lose interest - so she’ll start having lower viewership. UNLESS, she finds a way to recapture the interest of her audience.

And if we’re being really real here, her sponsorships are not from the biggest most well known brands.. it’s always HelloFresh, SquareSpace and ScentBird. These are not big moves for a YouTuber. Alisha Marie got a brand deal with BMW and MyLifeAsEva has been sponsored by Google. Sierra doesn’t have that universal appeal to be marketed to anyone and everyone. This is why I don’t see longevity. And I agree with the above posts saying she’s peaked because I agree 100%. Sierra’s best option after all these ~fashun~ videos will be to transition into a Mommy Vlogger with content pertaining to that niche. And she is most definitely not set for life.. you will always need to make money and at some point she’ll have to start saving for her retirement.. anyways that’s my two cents.

strawberryx3
Informer
Informer

Post by strawberryx3 »

Following :love2:

angelfire117
Informer
Informer

Post by angelfire117 »

Look at someone like Charles Trippy. He was once the biggest daily vloggers and now he seems to be doing pretty poorly financially. Despite his wife being pregnant, no one really cares anymore because his content has always been the same. Even being in a band didn’t help him.

Even ShayCarl, the “VlogFather,” only has 1.6M subscribers, and he’s mostly disappeared from the platform. Family vlogging is dying a slow death, especially because all the bigger family seems to get big headed and burned out and feel like they’re doing a favor to their subscribers by putting out anything.

Anyone who thinks Sierra could transition to a mommy vlogger/family vlogger and still rake in money and success is probably sadly mistaken. Also many of you say Stephen doesn’t seem into filming much anymore, having a spouse that doesn’t participate doesn’t often help the channel.

Unless she’s been investing/saving this whole time, all of the wealth could disappear very quickly.Money is great until you don’t have it anymore and you haven’t learned how to be frugal.

laesterschwester142
Learner
Learner

Post by laesterschwester142 »

Sierra could either own up to being plus size and do plus size fashion content, do more health content (~healthy living as a plus size girl~ or even weight loss lol) or start family blogging. Her videos are boring. It's always her buying shit that's sometimes not even available outside the US. I don't care about merch from YouTubers I've never heard of.

BettyCrocker1
Informer
Informer

Post by BettyCrocker1 »

In her Dolls Kill video she said she went to the mall to buy clothes for another comparison video(I can't remember which stores). Those videos are pointless,I don't understand the point of them at all.

barrol o monkeys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by barrol o monkeys »

I miss when she would do inside the dressing rooms, (proper) hauls, and lookbooks with music in the intros and actually put effort into editing her videos, not just effort into buying clothes. How much effort does that take? Inside the dressing room videos seem pretty simple (to me at least) to make, and I miss seeing them (with music intro) on her channel. All of these "reviewing this brand", comparison videos, and "wearing the ugliest/worst rated" videos are all so boring and repetitive.

mbn_0310
Talker
Talker

Post by mbn_0310 »

BettyCrocker1 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 8:20 am
In her Dolls Kill video she said she went to the mall to buy clothes for another comparison video(I can't remember which stores). Those videos are pointless,I don't understand the point of them at all.
It was the Hollister/A&F $100 challenge video. Not only are the videos repetitive, but the stores are repetitive. She never goes outside the box. It would be nice to see her go to another store and take it seriously instead of thinking every brand is a joke besides madewell and American eagle

QWERTY af
Talker
Talker

Post by QWERTY af »

BettyCrocker1 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 8:20 am
It would be so much more useful for her to see how much it cost to replicate an outfit! Like spend $100 at an Expensive Store (or don’t limit it, just pick whatever items you think look bomb) and then tell us how much you spent to replicate it at Cheap Store. The videos as they are now just end in extra accessories for one outfit if it’s cheap vs expensive or as 2 basic outfits at similarly priced stores, what is the point in that

Justreading4fun

Post by Justreading4fun »

angelfire117 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 7:04 am
Look at someone like Charles Trippy. He was once the biggest daily vloggers and now he seems to be doing pretty poorly financially. Despite his wife being pregnant, no one really cares anymore because his content has always been the same. Even being in a band didn’t help him.

Even ShayCarl, the “VlogFather,” only has 1.6M subscribers, and he’s mostly disappeared from the platform. Family vlogging is dying a slow death, especially because all the bigger family seems to get big headed and burned out and feel like they’re doing a favor to their subscribers by putting out anything.

Anyone who thinks Sierra could transition to a mommy vlogger/family vlogger and still rake in money and success is probably sadly mistaken. Also many of you say Stephen doesn’t seem into filming much anymore, having a spouse that doesn’t participate doesn’t often help the channel.

Unless she’s been investing/saving this whole time, all of the wealth could disappear very quickly.Money is great until you don’t have it anymore and you haven’t learned how to be frugal.
I agree with all your points. I don’t know too much about the family clogging realm as it’s never interested me lol but I think you have a more realistic opinion on things

DEEZNUTZ
Informer
Informer

Post by DEEZNUTZ »

Following
ig: @sexiisahmii

Return to “Sierra Schultzzie”