LipsticksandLattes

biuxbb
Learner
Learner

Re: LipsticksandLattes

Post by biuxbb »

I feel like most people who recently finished law school don't really need programs like Barbri because law school which includes bar prep in most countries. If you went through law school, you already have outlines for all of your classes, and most professors try to take into account what is asked of you for the bar exam and teach according to that. I'm in my last year of law school and most of my friends who passed the bar studied on their own, made their own schedule, did old papers on their own etc. Among the people I know the only ones who use barbri & other programs used it because they already failed the bar once or twice, or people who barely studied and barely passed in law school, or lawyers who move somewhere else later in their careers and they have to take the bar exam again years after they finished law school. This may be just where I'm from, not sure, but if this is the case in most places, I just don't really understand why she spent money on barbri. I don't mean to be judgemental, I just don't see the point in spending the money on it when she should already know most of that stuff from law school and as someone else mentioned, she's not even following barbri as she should...

Elizamichellee
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Elizamichellee »

I wonder how she and her fiancé can afford the house. It’s her aunts old house. She’s not working. Her husband has his own company but does he make enough for all the payments?

Soph09
Talker
Talker

Post by Soph09 »

Elizamichellee wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:45 am
I wonder how she and her fiancé can afford the house. It’s her aunts old house. She’s not working. Her husband has his own company but does he make enough for all the payments?
I think they only took the house because it is from her aunt, probably for lower cost or maybe her parents helped them cause it is not a small house so it should cost a lot. Or maybe they saved enough money living in her parents basement, who knows :?

blmrqslm
Learner
Learner

Post by blmrqslm »

At least with her new house we can see different takes, I was so tired of the same old footages of the basement

tutu10
Learner
Learner

Post by tutu10 »

She is on the job hunt, so I guess she passed the bar?

craycray17
Stalker
Stalker

Post by craycray17 »

biuxbb wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:04 am
I feel like most people who recently finished law school don't really need programs like Barbri because law school which includes bar prep in most countries. If you went through law school, you already have outlines for all of your classes, and most professors try to take into account what is asked of you for the bar exam and teach according to that. I'm in my last year of law school and most of my friends who passed the bar studied on their own, made their own schedule, did old papers on their own etc. Among the people I know the only ones who use barbri & other programs used it because they already failed the bar once or twice, or people who barely studied and barely passed in law school, or lawyers who move somewhere else later in their careers and they have to take the bar exam again years after they finished law school. This may be just where I'm from, not sure, but if this is the case in most places, I just don't really understand why she spent money on barbri. I don't mean to be judgemental, I just don't see the point in spending the money on it when she should already know most of that stuff from law school and as someone else mentioned, she's not even following barbri as she should...
I disagree, I am in law school and I don't know anyone that didn't use a bar prep course like barbri, themis or kaplan. It also depends on the ranking of the school, top schools don't typically don't have bar passage courses in their curriculum. Lower ranked school do because they tend to have lower pass rates. Law professors often don't teach doctrinal classes in the way that they appear on the bar exam at my school as well. I am not sure about her situation, but I don't think it's weird to do a bar prep program.

Also, the results of the bar shouldn't be out for a few months, to the person who asked if she passed.

blmrqslm
Learner
Learner

Post by blmrqslm »

Yeah, and she was looking for a job even before finishing law school.
It seems like she's really disappointed with Law in general. Maybe she was too sure that things were going to settle perfectly as soon as she graduates...wich didn't happen

Soph09
Talker
Talker

Post by Soph09 »

I just watched her newest vlog and she talks about her wedding and last preparations and I'm curious cause
I'm not from USA, is it allowed to have weddings because where i live all weddings are postponed till next year :| And she talks about organizing a bachlorette trip like there isn't a pandemic going on.. :roll:

Elizamichellee
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Elizamichellee »

Yes people are allowed to have weddings. Some states and cities are strict limiting the amount of people but other places haven’t placed restrictions. I think she should have a court wedding and then have a big celebration next year but she seems admit on having a wedding.

tutu10
Learner
Learner

Post by tutu10 »

Why she keeps buying things she's not going to wear? She bought that aritzia dress in the physical store, didn't she try it on before buying it?

Soph09
Talker
Talker

Post by Soph09 »

tutu10 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:59 pm
Why she keeps buying things she's not going to wear? She bought that aritzia dress in the physical store, didn't she try it on before buying it?
I always noticed in her vlogs that she buys a lot of clothes(maybe wears them) and them she returns all of them and keeps wearing her old ones. :roll:

blmrqslm
Learner
Learner

Post by blmrqslm »

She's the most materialistic person I've ever seen. There's not even one vlog where she doesn't buy something, it's crazy! I remember her buying an ipad, using it for a while and then selling it (or returning? Not sure) and later complaining that she regretted not having the ipad anymore. Her life seems like a never ending cycle of buying - returning/selling - buying again.

crazybanana-05
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by crazybanana-05 »

I’ve watching her for a while and she used to do closet clean outs and would “donate” the stuff she didn’t want anymore but somehow all the stuff she sells on her Poshmark looks so outdated and I swear I’ve never seen her show or wear any of it

Soph09
Talker
Talker

Post by Soph09 »

I think she is obsessed with trendy things whether they are clothes or electronics. She just buys them and realize that this kind of dreses doesn't suit her at all(I remember when she ordered 4 or 5 dresses for a wedding and she returned them all cause they didn't look good on her but it was a famous model that a lot of influencers wore.) I notice she buys a lot of popular things like most youtubers have( take that miror she is so obsessed with, I also saw the same in some youtubers videos first.)

tutu10
Learner
Learner

Post by tutu10 »

Maybe I'm nitpicking, but it seems like she drinks everyday, it can't be good for her health.

Soph09
Talker
Talker

Post by Soph09 »

The dress she wore for her bridal shower looked so unflattering on her😐 The lacy one I think suited her so much better.
Also I don't get why she does outfit of the day everytime she goes out or changes when she wears the same clothes all the time and we know by know that her jeans are from h&m🙄

And about her drinking I noticed it too.. in one of her previous vlogs she opened a new bottle of vine and put a really good amount in her glass and then later that night she showed the bottle and it was half empty..that is a little too much for occasionaly drinking and why would you need to drink a liquid iv for not being hungover.Don't know anybody who gets hungover from a one normal glass of vine.🙄

wildcharmer
Talker
Talker

Post by wildcharmer »

I cringed when I saw the dress she chose, it didn't flatter her at all in my opinion.

I also thought the hangover comment was weird. Is she that dehydrated that 1 glass of wine will make her hungover?
it does seem like she's drinking a lot more now for no particular reason.
and now apparently shes sick with a UTI, she doesnt seem to be taking care of herself lately.

tutu10
Learner
Learner

Post by tutu10 »

I'm not from the US, can someone explain it to me?
So, Grace says she's a lawyer because she got a job, but I thought she had to pass the bar to be considered a lawyer.

blmrqslm
Learner
Learner

Post by blmrqslm »

I'm not from the US either, but I remember her saying that even though she doesn't know whether or not she passed the bar, it's possible for her to already practice law under the supervision of a lawyer.
But I agree that it was weird watching her calling herself a lawyer, like she's soo sure she passed. Maybe it's because I'm too insecure, but I would only be out there saying I'm a lawyer after I were 100000% sure that I in fact passed the exam.

Soph09
Talker
Talker

Post by Soph09 »

blmrqslm wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:44 pm
I'm not from the US either, but I remember her saying that even though she doesn't know whether or not she passed the bar, it's possible for her to already practice law under the supervision of a lawyer.
But I agree that it was weird watching her calling herself a lawyer, like she's soo sure she passed. Maybe it's because I'm too insecure, but I would only be out there saying I'm a lawyer after I were 100000% sure that I in fact passed the exam.
I'm really happy for her that she found a job plus in this difficult times but I was cringing when she called herself a lawyer. Make sure you first pass the exam and then you can call yourself a lawyer. It was a little weird.

Return to “L-O”