Pretty Pastel Please

captain-marzipan
Talker
Talker

Re: Pretty Pastel Please

Post by captain-marzipan »

soozy56 wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:22 am
, recounting news from your husband that your chicken, which you are not actually allowed to keep, will have to be rehomed with your friend's father (as if most people would have that sort of instant back up plan at the ready), and then COMPLAINING about what MIGHT happen (if I were Grace, hearing that about my father, I would be so utterly hurt and offended), and ignoring your friend's reasonable reaction to the situation, wild. I can't even fathom that level of self centredness. I love when Caitlyn said "There's nobody in the wrong here." Exactly.
Honestly I was raging. When she said "There's no one who will look after them like I do"...YOU'RE NOT THERE! Also realistically a chicken isn't going to care about jumping on a kitchen counter or sleeping on a bed. They'll be happy in a secure coop with good enrichment, snacks and company.

She joked about "plugging" her Go Fund Me but in all honestly that's kind of what it felt like from the start with the amount of tears she had. The idea of getting rid of a pet is heart breaking but it just felt a bit too much.

Then the rant about "Sydney is where the jobs are" etc felt like a dig toward Dan rather than Sydney itself.

KawaiiDia
Learner
Learner

Post by KawaiiDia »

Ok, so yet another older video of Alex being crazy.

This one was before she moved to her office and employed the ''NPCs''. How do I know? You just have to listen how she rents about ''we need to move here'' dozens of times. Then there was the part about the Food Train and she had already a few videos where she was there. She complained a lot about her neighbours being inconsiderate and that ''Sydney is where the jobs are'' (like captain-marzipan said).

I'm sorry Alex but there are rules that need to be followed if you live in a community. Welcome to adulthood! If I ever desired to keep chickens I also couldn't have a rooster and I live in a small village in Germany!

She was worried about Lola but yet she fled to Tasmania. Leaving her husband and pets behind. She said to Caitlyn, that she will lure Dan to Tasmania AND that she will lure Caitlyn there. Hello?! Yes Alex, you are her friend, but Caitlyn has her own life. Alex, you can't just expect your friends to do as you wish! WTF?!

I also didn't like her rude remarks about the inn. She even filmed all the rooms that were accessable and said stupid shit about how it's haunted or talked about murder. This woman needs to watch less thriller and horror movies.

Nerdyandiknowit
Talker
Talker

Post by Nerdyandiknowit »

This latest vlog drove me absolutely nuts. I completely understand being upset about having to give up a pet, but sometimes that is what happens. Also she literally has a place she can send the pet to where she can visit it, which is more than most people can say. Perhaps offer to build a more secure coop on that person’s property (at your expense) if you are truly worried about the chicken/rooster. It isn’t fair to your neighbors to have a pet that breaks the rules and bothers them. I’m sure she knew the rules when they chose to buy their house and other made the same decision when choosing to buy houses. We had a neighbor do the same thing near us and it drove the neighborhood bonkers. A rooster is very loud and people need to be able to sleep.

As for the rest of the vlog I started to skip through. She is so manic and that makes it difficult to watch. Her frantically reacting to any sort of bird or bird related item was very cringe. Also, I’m not usually one to be put off by swear words, but even I thought the excessive use of the “f word” for no real reason was a bit much. Perhaps it is more acceptable in Australia (aussies feel free to chime in) but it is language I would generally avoid in excess in public spaces. One or two f-bombs are fine but every other sentence should include it. Maybe I’m just being overly sensitive.

Oh and that Inn was super cute and quirky with gorgeous views. Not sure why she thought it was so haunted looking.

PennyfromHeaven
Lurker
Lurker

Post by PennyfromHeaven »

She casts herself as the victim everything, I'd have zero patience for it! She coddled the chickens, she left them, neighbours are not meddling or "storming" across but would have a legitimate complaint about the disturbance. Dan finds an alternative which she criticises (insulting her friends father) rather than offering any viable solution herself. Its the world's fault that all the jobs are in Sydney.

What's the timeline here then? This is after she launches the GoFundMe for a "bird sanctuary" or before? Before she buys/rents the new house?

Alices Rabbithole
Debater
Debater

Post by Alices Rabbithole »

How many times does Caitlyn think Just. Shut. Up. I really think that she was embarrassed at the vineyard shop with Alex's immature behavior.

RandomReindeer
Learner
Learner

Post by RandomReindeer »

It looks like this latest vlog was filmed relatively soon after she first got to Tasmania. After the meet up with her subscribers because she mentions hanging out with them and we see one of them at the end. After Grace has left. But before she officially decided to “move” there. It looks like it’s filmed much earlier than some of her other main channel videos because, as someone else said, she goes to the train place for the first time, and she also goes back to that thrift shop for only the second time (even though she goes there in another later video too).

She has definitely already set up the GoFundMe because she references plugging it while she’s crying.

Strawhats
Learner
Learner

Post by Strawhats »

Just because you didnt set up withdrawals doesnt mean it wasnt a dishonest ratbag move to scam your audience 👌🏻
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Alices Rabbithole
Debater
Debater

Post by Alices Rabbithole »

Strawhats wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 5:49 pm
Just because you didnt set up withdrawals doesnt mean it wasnt a dishonest ratbag move to scam your audience 👌🏻
I think that she had honest, if not WILDLY unrealistic intentions at the beginning. I'm wondering who the voice of reason was that made her see sense. I do question however, why she didn't just refund the money instead of making it a pet food donation.... to the animals that she has largely abandoned. It looks like it is still sitting in there. Sounds like Michelle has moved out before this old material was filmed. With all of this old footage being dumped on the channel for revenue, it makes me wonder what chaos she is putting everyone through now. A truly selfish, Narcissistic and mentally unwell person if ever I saw one.

Undine
Learner
Learner

Post by Undine »

The only good thing about the new vlog is that we can see what an amazing friend Caitylin is.
And the rest?
It is filmed way before the other videos. At the winery she says that she is thinking moving to Tasmania. And hearing her ranting about Sydney - I got very immature vibes. I think Alex do not ge it that people have to work and as an adult you can't move where you want and do what ever you want.
You have to work, pay your bills and get along with your neighbours. I think Youtube spoiled her way to much.
There are some people getting along with this whole stuff very well and some they start living in a fantasy world and losing touch to reality.
At this point is Alex. Showing some deco chicken and saying that 60 bucks are cheap. Again.
It was a big mistake that she even prior to Covid she never left the house nor had a daily routine or any contact to a 0815 life.
And all the bad comments about Sydney: I think she really tried to lure her friends and Dan to Tasmania only thinking about her wellbeeing and what is best for her.
It is so so so unpleasant to watch these vlogs and here all her ranting. It paints such a narcisstic and manipulative picture of her.

RandomReindeer
Learner
Learner

Post by RandomReindeer »

Her latest Instagram post says that she’s not going to be posting on the PPP channel anymore and just posting on Side Quest. Tbh I think that’s actually a good move. If I could give her advice it would be to stop doing YouTube altogether, get an actual job - in Tas if she wants - and settle down back into normal life. I think YouTube (among other things) has really messed with her head and her mental well-being. She needs to get back in touch with reality and just get a normal career and routine and life. As Undine said, her lack of routine and lack of normal job has made her unable to see reality and the fact that it’s hard to just up and move on a whim and settle in a new place. Unfortunately for everyone, you need to work to be able to live.

Anyway, I think if she could find a job at a farm or a bird sanctuary or a vet or a pet shop or something with animals she could be happy and settle in Tasmania and get her life on track. But first she needs to stop coming up with new dumb YouTube ideas and posting shit videos.

bloopybloo
Learner
Learner

Post by bloopybloo »

I have to say I've lost some sympathy for her with the latest vlog. The fact that she used a very emotive and click baity thumbnail and title didn't exactly endear me. She started off by asking Caitlyn what she wanted to do and then told her they could only have the morning because she (Alex) had other ideas, but only told her that after Caitlyn explained what she wanted to do. I don't know if it is me being picky, but it is a massive bugbear when someone asks "what do you want to do?" Or "What do you want to eat?" Before telling me well we're doing something else. It's not about compromise, it's more of a power trip. She could have said "I have to do this today at around....what do you want to do around that?"

Then came the chicken saga. I get that she is upset and it is understandable she is going to miss a pet she loves, but she kept going on about how it would be safer and better off with her and Dan, but she's not there and chose to leave. He also acted like it was the neighbours fault for being upset that the chicken was cawing at unacceptable hours. Just because it is a bird and she loves birds, it doesn't give them free reign to cause disturbances. She probably doesn't understand that people with regular schedules in life might not appreciate an early morning wake up. She really tried to villianise the neighbours with the language she used. I like that Caitlyn provided the balance whilst acknowledging her sadness. She really is a great friend.

I also find it interesting she mentioned Michelle moving out but not whether Sam did too, and the latest insta with the best friend censored I think something has happened. I don't think she ever had to face the fact she might lose Sam before. Even when they split up he put her feelings over his and comforted her. I think the timing of her fleeing might have been triggered by this, or at least it was the final straw.

Undine
Learner
Learner

Post by Undine »

I mean. She never posted frequently on PPP so.. but I doubt that she will stop it. She need the money from it. From her Side Quest Videos she will never earn the money and get the sponsorships. If Hello Fresh is sponsoring these bad filmed and edited videos - then they have a very bad Influencer Marketing Team. I am sorry.
And don't get me wrong. It is good when someone is trying to become the real self. We all have behaviours, patterns or people around us which are not good to us. its hard to learn to say, making clear boundaries, being an adult to yourself and it is good when some says: I have wishes and dreams and make them come true. In fact that is very very good.
But in her behaviour it is all only black and white. All is bad in Sydney and in Tasmania is all white. All other people are bad and villians and only she is an angel. It is so clear to me in all her posts that she can't take care for herself. It is all so irrational and maniac. I am so worried tbh. This will all get worser and worser for her this year. I mean. I don't wish this for anyone but its all so clear from me seeing all her post. I hope Caitlyn will not leave her. It would be better for her, yes, but then would lost Alex complete touch with reality.

captain-marzipan
Talker
Talker

Post by captain-marzipan »

bloopybloo wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:35 am
and the latest insta with the best friend censored I think something has happened
What insta was that? I'm probably being blind but I'm not spotting anything about a best friend being censored?

I think it's a good thing she's taking a break from PPP (if she does) - the videos she's been uploading for years now (including the hair saga) would have much better suited Side Quest as a low energy, minimal editing vlog. PPP could have been kept for the "guru" stuff. She'd just need to put more effort into those.

bloopybloo
Learner
Learner

Post by bloopybloo »

To be fair it's how I filled in the gap...It might mean something else. Also not sure censored is right word, but baby brain is stealing vocabulary!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bnc89
Learner
Learner

Post by bnc89 »

bloopybloo wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:36 am
To be fair it's how I filled in the gap...It might mean something else. Also not sure censored is right word, but baby brain is stealing vocabulary!
It’s a reference to a necklace she found in a thrift shop. It was during her thriftmas sexy haul 2022 or whatever.

Osaki
Learner
Learner

Post by Osaki »

If she cared so much about the chicken why did she not go back? Imagine your pet is going to be rehomed, would you not want to spend as much time with them before that? And if she's not satisfied with Dan's solution she could go back and find someone or somewhere better. It just doesn't seem genuine. Why did she not bring Lola with her when she brought the pigeons to Tasmania? So the problem wasn't Sydney as she conveniently brought up in her cry session.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

This thread is now locked. Please continue here: viewtopic.php?t=42073 :cuted:

Return to “Pretty Pastel Please”