Idk it's too much cringe and embarassment to watch her

jiggy_girl
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ruby Granger Part 2

Post by jiggy_girl »

For someone who puts on such a good girl persona, she is AWFUL at declaring ads! No "ad" in the thumbnail or title of her most recent sponsored video! Does my head in that her "gang" of studytubers get away with it because they're young.

gracetituk
Learner
Learner

Post by gracetituk »

OK so I spent my entire day yesterday reading the first thread because at first I was really surprised to see her talked about on here because I thought she is pretty inoffensive and people might feel weird dissing a studytuber but! there is a thread! anyway this is a wild theory and armchair psychology but where else can I write this - do you think she has some kind of sexual phobia? that would explain the obsession with staying a child and the modest dressing even though she is not religious

Post by Guest »

gracetituk wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 11:43 pm
OK so I spent my entire day yesterday reading the first thread because at first I was really surprised to see her talked about on here because I thought she is pretty inoffensive and people might feel weird dissing a studytuber but! there is a thread! anyway this is a wild theory and armchair psychology but where else can I write this - do you think she has some kind of sexual phobia? that would explain the obsession with staying a child and the modest dressing even though she is not religious
Maybe. But I don't really think she's genuinely so childlike and innocent as she tries to portray on youtube. Not anymore anyway. She's probably just a late bloomer when it comes to sex and stuff, or she could be asexual. But she hasn't really delved into that whole world yet so I guess we'll see during her time at uni haha

Post by Guest »

gracetituk wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 11:43 pm
I think its her parental influence. She's mentioned her mom does massage and aromatherapy or something, but I'm not sure about her dad. I think she's just codependent on her parents, who seem to be the overprotective strict disciplinarian type. If she were raised christian, even if she doesn't practice any longer, those values would also be predominant in her outlook. I think because she knows mummy and daddy are looking over her shoulder (in many ways I think she makes her vlogs specifically for them) then she probably feels a great deal of pressure to appear wholesome and perfect. She also has a lot of younger viewers and friends - I think this also influences her to steer clear of topics like dating. I don't think it's necessarily any personality maladjustment as it is catering to her audience.

I'm so intrigued by Ruby. Especially when compared with her sister, who seems a bit more well-adjusted socially. Ruby wrote a whole book about bullying, and sometimes when younger people are bullied for long periods of time they can isolate and become anti-social. I think this is where her love of books and writing comes into play - reading and nostalgia are a form of escapism. I agree there seems to be something disordered about her behavior, but I also don't think we're privy to everything going on in her life, so it's difficult to make these sort of assumptions/diagnoses.

WatchandWonder
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by WatchandWonder »

Her latest study with me, that she has been raving about going on for the next full week, was pathetic. Just barely over 2 minutes long, which included clips of her braiding her hair into a style 4 years old wear, as well as taking selfies for Instagram, and then she complains that flashcards take sooo loooong to make out. ? We stop with the flashcards in elementary school. That is for beginners. By the time you hit college you should have the skills to memorize large amounts of material in various subjects and access them whenever called upon. I don't understand her need to write so many different kinds of notes, use various study guides, constantly be revising and making flashcards. Do all UK students follow this path, even into uni? Really weird. lol

Post by Guest »

WatchandWonder wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 4:10 pm
Her latest study with me, that she has been raving about going on for the next full week, was pathetic. Just barely over 2 minutes long, which included clips of her braiding her hair into a style 4 years old wear, as well as taking selfies for Instagram, and then she complains that flashcards take sooo loooong to make out. ? We stop with the flashcards in elementary school. That is for beginners. By the time you hit college you should have the skills to memorize large amounts of material in various subjects and access them whenever called upon. I don't understand her need to write so many different kinds of notes, use various study guides, constantly be revising and making flashcards. Do all UK students follow this path, even into uni? Really weird. lol
yeah. As a philosophy student/professor it felt weird that she was making flashcards. The only time I ever used flashcards in philosophy were for learning the modes of inference in deductive reasoning. What is she trying to learn/memorize? As long as you have a handle on the general ideas of the philosophers you should be able to complete an exam essay. This is where you see her english literature influence messing her up - philosophy essays aren't the same as english essays. you're not analyzing quotes, you're making an argument about an idea, and using logic to uphold that argument. a philosophy paper should maybe have one or two quotes, but it's not necessary. This is why I think she failed that first exam - she focused too much on textual analysis and not enough on making a solid argument.

I'm also a little disappointed in the fact it was 2 minutes long, and probably a minute of it was her 'getting ready' and then 'taking a break.' If she's going to continue making studytube or college content, she needs to be more organized. If she wants to focus on revision, that's fine too, but this seems like she's half-assing both, the videos and the revision. I genuinely wish her luck, I do not want to see anything but good happen for her, but I can't hide my disappointment.

WatchandWonder
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by WatchandWonder »

aylee wrote:
WatchandWonder wrote: Her latest study with me, that she has been raving about going on for the next full week, was pathetic. Just barely over 2 minutes long, which included clips of her braiding her hair into a style 4 years old wear, as well as taking selfies for Instagram, and then she complains that flashcards take sooo loooong to make out. ? We stop with the flashcards in elementary school. That is for beginners. By the time you hit college you should have the skills to memorize large amounts of material in various subjects and access them whenever called upon. I don't understand her need to write so many different kinds of notes, use various study guides, constantly be revising and making flashcards. Do all UK students follow this path, even into uni? Really weird. lol
yeah. As a philosophy student/professor it felt weird that she was making flashcards. The only time I ever used flashcards in philosophy were for learning the modes of inference in deductive reasoning. What is she trying to learn/memorize? As long as you have a handle on the general ideas of the philosophers you should be able to complete an exam essay. This is where you see her english literature influence messing her up - philosophy essays aren't the same as english essays. you're not analyzing quotes, you're making an argument about an idea, and using logic to uphold that argument. a philosophy paper should maybe have one or two quotes, but it's not necessary. This is why I think she failed that first exam - she focused too much on textual analysis and not enough on making a solid argument.

I'm also a little disappointed in the fact it was 2 minutes long, and probably a minute of it was her 'getting ready' and then 'taking a break.' If she's going to continue making studytube or college content, she needs to be more organized. If she wants to focus on revision, that's fine too, but this seems like she's half-assing both, the videos and the revision. I genuinely wish her luck, I do not want to see anything but good happen for her, but I can't hide my disappointment.
Yes, I majored in English Lit, but I never made flashcards! lol We just read the original work numerous times to familiarize ourselves with it and memorized things. Sometimes we highlighted and put notes in the actual book, but all this note-taking and revising, flashcards and lists just don't add up, imo. They are a waste of time. We were taught that you would know a subject well if you could stand in front of a mirror and give a 5 minute lecture on the topic without stopping. That is how you knew you were ready for an exam!

And this brings me to her new study with me video. Seriously? This childish need to tap into Harry Potter and live a fantasy life has got to stop. Study by candlelight with a candelabra that reminds her of Lumiere and write your notes with a quill? That is not studying and certainly not realistic for her viewers or anyone else for that matter. Get your books and notes out, your laptop, use a light that isn't going to strain and permanently damage your eyes, and just get on with it. What is next? Study with me in a cafe? Study with me at the breakfast table? Study with me outside? Various subjects and venues really don't matter. I think her audience is beyond that. Tell us what you are studying, why, how, etc.. Please...use a normal pen. No one bothers with quills anymore, dear. If she had to go through the actual process of trimming the nibs and seeing how many quills one would actually go through in a short amount of time, the romance of it all would evaporate quickly! There is a reason people invented fountain and ballpoint pens!

prettyglass
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by prettyglass »

She’s wearing a bloody house coat in her SWM by candlelight.

WatchandWonder
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by WatchandWonder »

Another short under 3 minute video SWM, aerial view. How thrilling and unique.... She gets zero credits for originality and creativity. God, this girl is dull as tombs! :roll:

MissMina
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MissMina »

Is she actually stupid? Even kids in primary school know that they should read/study/whatever in good lighting or their sight will get worse. Like the more I see what she's doing the more stupid she seems. And that quill... She's the least productive person I've seen.

airlocked
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by airlocked »

She has almost finished with her first year, but doesn't seem to have changed her study habits from highschool. So bizarre

kellyba34
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kellyba34 »

I find it annoying how she tries to use such perfect grammar, that it comes off unnatural or stilted. For example the overuse of "which" where it's not actually necessary.

WatchandWonder
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by WatchandWonder »

lol The Good Luck for Your Exams video. The bent candle in the background looks like a dildo. And what is with the owl floating down. Does he actually have a Harry Potter mobile floating over her bed? omg I just can't...

Post by Guest »

WatchandWonder wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:29 am
lol The Good Luck for Your Exams video. The bent candle in the background looks like a dildo. And what is with the owl floating down. Does he actually have a Harry Potter mobile floating over her bed? omg I just can't...
what bothered me most is that Jade made a similar video two days before. It kind of gets to me that Ruby seems to always be copying her. If I were Jade that would upset me, esp. since Ruby claims to be such a good friend. People have commented they think Ruby has a crush on Jade, but I kind of think she's jealous of Jade, and tries to be her, and that it annoys Jade. Jade always appears a tiny bit annoyed by her little shadow.

and in this vid ruby says "It's like a reset, you can decide what you want to be over the summer" how about just be yourself? I don't think ruby knows herself. She's just always copying and mimicking others, from Hermione Granger to UnjadedJade.

flowerweasley
Stalker
Stalker

Post by flowerweasley »

SHE IS BUYING A HOUSE ?

gracetituk
Learner
Learner

Post by gracetituk »

flowerweasley wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 10:41 am
SHE IS BUYING A HOUSE ?
CAME HERE FOR THIS

WHAT THE FC

Bormenthal
Talker
Talker

Post by Bormenthal »

I know everyone probably wants to talk about the house but I haven't watched that video yet. Still catching up on her SWM vids. The one where she's studying by candlelight could've been a nice atmospheric video if she weren't almost laying down on her desk. Also, I'm clicking through it and at least half of it is out of focus.

Return to “Ruby Granger”