Informer
Has thanked: 0

Re: Safiya Nygaard: FrankenTuber sponsored by Wish - Part 3

Post by escargot123 »

TeenageTalk wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:10 am
escargot123 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:23 pm
late to the party, but following. still learning about the forum.

I subbed to her shortly after “why did I leave buzzfeed” video popped in my recommendations. I really liked here there and decided to subscribe, but more recently been feeling disappointed by upload frequency, overall content quality and especially waste (like all the lipstick tubes from multiple multiple videos 😱) and unnecessary amount of videos about things from Wish. Sometimes ago YouTube actually recommended me a video of why trend of getting things from Wish and similar sites is a very bad and unethical idea on some many levels and it had Saf on the tumbnail lol (didn’t watch the video itself)

Glad to see I’m not alone in my feelings.
do you mind linking the video cause I don't think I've ever seen her be criticized outside this website
I don’t think I can, Ive been trying to find it and it doesn’t look like it’s still on the platform. It was almost a year ago so maybe it got deleted. And since I’ve never actually watched that video myself, I don’t know if they were specifically criticizing her or the whole trend and just used her for a clickabaity thumbnail.
糞食らえ

Selia11
Debater
Debater

Post by Selia11 »

Safiya No Uplaodgaard

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

Why does she have to say loliTTTa like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

escargot123
Informer
Informer

Post by escargot123 »

Is this...A NEW VIDEO ALREADY only two weeks after the last one???

糞食らえ

Nance
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nance »

Wow, I guess her team decided to work.

whydoicare67
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by whydoicare67 »

Am I alone in being disappointed that with all of the choices, she chose to be a "goth" Lolita? I was just like, ugh, girl. And all of her videos now just feel exactly the same. This could have been different, or felt different, but for me it was same-old, same-old.

Post by Guest »

I'm glad she at least tried some different aesthetics, but she still went back to her standard black goth bat-wing babydoll thing.

Too much over-explaining at the beginning, and wayyy too much stock footage. Then something like the rump-floof she didn't even try to call it what it is, which is a bustle.

I did like seeing the hair and make-up being done, and just hope they got paid for their time.

escargot123
Informer
Informer

Post by escargot123 »

So i just watched the video and it’s been a while since I enjoyed her content this much. As someone who only had a general idea on what Lolita style is, it was pretty well researched and delivered. I guess having RinRin, who does that for living, helped a lot. Of course we all knew that she’s go for a gothic Lolita but it was nice to learn about other styles and also see her wearing colours.

And remember the Instagram post in a blouse that was like the bat dress but short? It was from this outfit and looked so much better as a part of ensemble that on its own as a casual blouse.

I also found it great that the final look was not spoiled anywhere unlike the Disney bounding video - no instagram post, no thumbnail.

For those, who can’t or don’t want to watch the video - imgur with pictures because posting them directly here is still too hard for my last two brain cells https://imgur.com/a/2G6hiSX
糞食らえ

loblolly
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Post by loblolly »

Cheryl Blossom wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:00 pm
Why does she have to say loliTTTa like that

I'm a judgey schoolmarm when it comes to people who don't speak correctly. However, her enunciations in that video really grated on my nerves. Such a strange habit. Also, I'm surprised that she fit into the lolitta outfits. Not in a mean way, I don't think I would fit either, but she's big even by western standards.

graceysghost
Informer
Informer

Post by graceysghost »

IMO the look was flattering on her. She doesn’t look right in brightly colored clothes. Dark and cool tones suit her better.
And the hair was gorgeous, LinDa is incredibly talented.
I wish she would take note of when other people do her makeup. The thick cat eye has GOT to go. Not a single person who does her makeup ever does that on her because it’s not flattering on her. She looks so much better with just shadow and lashes. She doesn’t even have to do lashes either, just some good mascara. But regardless she really needs to stop with her current makeup lol

slc_chick
Talker
Talker

Post by slc_chick »

I enjoyed this vid, it felt like more vintage Saf.

I kind of wish she featured the food more, or posted it on her IG at the time, it was soooo cute and we barely got to see any of it.

RegularToe
Informer
Informer

Post by RegularToe »

whydoicare67 wrote:Am I alone in being disappointed that with all of the choices, she chose to be a "goth" Lolita? I was just like, ugh, girl. And all of her videos now just feel exactly the same. This could have been different, or felt different, but for me it was same-old, same-old.
For once I wanted a YouTuber to not put their personal spin on something and just wear the outfit that best represented the task. Her ass if never wearing that again and it would be odd if she did outside of Halloween in the states unless this was a new lifestyle she intended to take on. Bat wings? Nah, bat SHIT.

wreck
Informer
Informer

Post by wreck »

HoardganizedJen wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:36 pm
New thread name ideas?
Safiya "No Vacancy" Nygaard
My first thought was Safiya Nygaard, Live from the Taco Bell Hotel Janitor's Closet but that seemed a little too long

Pemberleydreams
Informer
Informer

Post by Pemberleydreams »

I really liked this one. Her edit n narration style suits this fashion history or travel vlog style videos. And she looked good in all the looks she tried. The final look was beautiful imo, and fashion is a way of self expression so I like that she chose the goth one. But maybe shoulve done another drastically different look too.

Smarties
Informer
Informer

Post by Smarties »

HoardganizedJen wrote:
New thread name ideas?
Safiya Nygaard: Other People’s Stock Footage

I liked the video because I like RinRin and she explained everything very well but not too long unlike Saf. My heart goes out to her for having the translate Saf’s weird jokes lol

I liked the look she choose okay but I wish she would have gone with the grey ruffled dress which seemed like a good compromise between Saf’s darker style and the lolita style. The one she choose was a bit too on brand but I guess she said she wanted it to feel like her.

Didn’t like the maps of excessive stock footage and would have rather seen them meet with other lolita friends of Rinrin’s or discuss the food items at tea time.

The hair and make up looked fantastic and just like in the previous video I wish she would take note because it looks so much better. I also noticed the curled hair the hair stylist did looked really good and that the waves is also what made the look when Brad Mondo did her hair. As soon as the style was straight again it makes her look old.

Maybe now that she seems to have a team again videos will come out quicker.

Pemberleydreams
Informer
Informer

Smarties wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:11 am
HoardganizedJen wrote:
New thread name ideas?
Safiya Nygaard: Other People’s Stock Footage

I liked the video because I like RinRin and she explained everything very well but not too long unlike Saf. My heart goes out to her for having the translate Saf’s weird jokes lol

I liked the look she choose okay but I wish she would have gone with the grey ruffled dress which seemed like a good compromise between Saf’s darker style and the lolita style. The one she choose was a bit too on brand but I guess she said she wanted it to feel like her.

Didn’t like the maps of excessive stock footage and would have rather seen them meet with other lolita friends of Rinrin’s or discuss the food items at tea time.

The hair and make up looked fantastic and just like in the previous video I wish she would take note because it looks so much better. I also noticed the curled hair the hair stylist did looked really good and that the waves is also what made the look when Brad Mondo did her hair. As soon as the style was straight again it makes her look old.

Maybe now that she seems to have a team again videos will come out quicker.
The grey one had a bit of fittings problem I felt. Didn't accentuate her figure we'll. The goth one did. I loved the food one too . But one thing I noticed , the poofy skirt started after bust area in case of Sad,while the Japanese girls had them starting at waist area. Die to her height maybe.
I wish she had some hair accessory. I liked those puffy hair accessories she tried with the other ones. Made the look feel complete

thehippiechick
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by thehippiechick »

I liked both outfits at the third store, particularly the food themed one, it was really cute. But of course Saf needed black and a bat wing sleeve. Still looked cool though and I liked the hair and makeup.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. - George Carlin

Pemberleydreams
Informer
Informer

smallworld
Debater
Debater

Post by smallworld »

I loved this video so much, I love Lolita fashion but I don’t wear it. All the major brands are kind of expensive.

The one thing that I didn’t like is that she wore that outfit two times in a row, if you can call that an outfit! The bleached black shirt and the too tiny skirt, everyone else was dressed decent and here she comes in this getup. I even felt embarrassed.

booish
Talker
Talker

Post by booish »

whydoicare67 wrote:Am I alone in being disappointed that with all of the choices, she chose to be a "goth" Lolita? I was just like, ugh, girl. And all of her videos now just feel exactly the same. This could have been different, or felt different, but for me it was same-old, same-old.
I literally said, “of fucking course” when she went with the goth batwing Lolita outfit Image heaven forbid she step too far outside her comfort zone.
I have to return some videotapes.

Return to “Safiya Nygaard”