Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Safiya Nygaard: FrankenTuber sponsored by Wish - Part 3

Post by graceysghost »

Pemberleydreams wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:22 am
Hottymcdawg wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:34 am
The IG stories she put up for her bday are just sad. Like, I actually feel sorry for her. Wearing a babydoll dress and celebrating with (what looks like) Tyler alone. Tyler ate one of the cupcakes before she even got to them so they didn't spell out happy birthday safiya anymore, and instead of birthday candles they used the frankencandle. :O yikes
so true. and she's doing her weird dances in those stories too. does she really have no friends to come to her birthday? I'd like to think it was the midnight intimate celebration we do with just family n friends will come to celebrate next day
Tbh that's what it looked like to me. You could see out the windows behind her and it was pitch black outside.
But idk I'm not a birthday person so most birthdays I do just spend with my husband so I get it.

Pemberleydreams
Informer
Informer

Post by Pemberleydreams »

graceysghost wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:34 am
Pemberleydreams wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:22 am
Hottymcdawg wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:34 am
The IG stories she put up for her bday are just sad. Like, I actually feel sorry for her. Wearing a babydoll dress and celebrating with (what looks like) Tyler alone. Tyler ate one of the cupcakes before she even got to them so they didn't spell out happy birthday safiya anymore, and instead of birthday candles they used the frankencandle. :O yikes
so true. and she's doing her weird dances in those stories too. does she really have no friends to come to her birthday? I'd like to think it was the midnight intimate celebration we do with just family n friends will come to celebrate next day
Tbh that's what it looked like to me. You could see out the windows behind her and it was pitch black outside.
But idk I'm not a birthday person so most birthdays I do just spend with my husband so I get it.
I generally spend it with my immediate family n cousins. But I'm not in a job yet so I don't know how that life works n I'm Indian so there's a cultural difference maybe. People here have birthday parties only when they're kids😁
But she's a YouTube personality,frankly she should have more friends. She only is with Tyler always n that's unhealthy for me. They need some individual space

makemeasquare
Informer
Informer

Post by makemeasquare »

I'm old as shit - 30 - and for my birthday this year I got my make-up done professionally, went out to a gorgeous fancy-ass dinner with my favourite three people in the city (my family and most of my best friends live elsewhere) and then took my ass on a luxxxxx solo vacation to Banff for the weekend. Lazed in bed, ate room service, walked around a beautiful frozen lake and took pictures of the mountains. It was one of the best birthdays I've ever had. My mom thought I was crazy for going alone but honestly it was wonderful - I indulged every whim and didn't have to deal with anyone else's needs.

As a transplant to this part of the country, I make a lot of my friends through work. I wonder if Safiya's burnt bridges with her former colleagues doesn't factor into her seeming isolation. She got that buzzfeed job just after college - I think a lot of her social life revolved around Tyler and Buzzfeed. She left there and was still tight with BFF Freddie but that relationship (and the rest of the Ladlylike bonds) imploded and now she's in that weird adult zone where you're forced to make new friends. Adult friendship is tough. Particularly if you're not an outgoing person.

sophiuhh
Informer
Informer

Post by sophiuhh »

Hey, I'm not too interested in Safiya or her content but I do watch occasionally. I live in the same city in SoCal as her, not wanting to dox her or anything but our area code is 626 so that narrows it down for ya'll a bit, and I've seen her out and about the downtown area filming, the area she was filming in the first time I saw her she was filming in front of an old theater that is in an alleyway type area so I was in very close proximity to her, if I find the video she was filming I'll add it, anyway, now that I've tried to make myself seem as legit as possible without doxxing her, that day that I saw her, it was so obvious that her and Tyler ham up their relationship to be more #goals than it actually is, not that many people look to them as goals anyway since even on camera they're interactions are odd but in person...oh boy. I was around them for a good 30 minutes and it's like as soon as the camera was turned off, they're both around each other but not interacting WITH each other. And Safiya is def much more cold to him in person off camera. Actually I kind of got a glimpse of that distant Safiya in the engagment video, before she found out they were filming. Anyway, it's been bugging me for a while and today when I stumbled upon her thread I thought I would share.
00:00 ●───────── 1:43 ⇆ㅤㅤㅤㅤ◁ㅤㅤ❚❚ㅤㅤ▷ㅤㅤㅤㅤ↻

KittyKax
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by KittyKax »

sophiuhh wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:14 pm
Hey, I'm not too interested in Safiya or her content but I do watch occasionally. I live in the same city in SoCal as her, not wanting to dox her or anything but our area code is 626 so that narrows it down for ya'll a bit, and I've seen her out and about the downtown area filming, the area she was filming in the first time I saw her she was filming in front of an old theater that is in an alleyway type area so I was in very close proximity to her, if I find the video she was filming I'll add it, anyway, now that I've tried to make myself seem as legit as possible without doxxing her, that day that I saw her, it was so obvious that her and Tyler ham up their relationship to be more #goals than it actually is, not that many people look to them as goals anyway since even on camera they're interactions are odd but in person...oh boy. I was around them for a good 30 minutes and it's like as soon as the camera was turned off, they're both around each other but not interacting WITH each other. And Safiya is def much more cold to him in person off camera. Actually I kind of got a glimpse of that distant Safiya in the engagment video, before she found out they were filming. Anyway, it's been bugging me for a while and today when I stumbled upon her thread I thought I would share.
Interesting. Yeah I live in the same city too so I recognize a lot of the places Saf and Ty go to. In their defense, I think most YT couples play up the romance more in videos. It's just part of the image they was the portray especially since part of their "brand" is being a Youtube coiple. What do you mean by being "more cold" to Tyler? Was she actually being rude or was it more like she was just focused on something? There is something too about a lot of Youtubers playing up this hyper-active personality in videos, but in person they're actually really quiet and awkward.

sophiuhh
Informer
Informer

Post by sophiuhh »

KittyKax wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:55 pm
sophiuhh wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:14 pm
Interesting. Yeah I live in the same city too so I recognize a lot of the places Saf and Ty go to. In their defense, I think most YT couples play up the romance more in videos. It's just part of the image they was the portray especially since part of their "brand" is being a Youtube coiple. What do you mean by being "more cold" to Tyler? Was she actually being rude or was it more like she was just focused on something? There is something too about a lot of Youtubers playing up this hyper-active personality in videos, but in person they're actually really quiet and awkward.

We all have our own ways of interacting with our partner but it was borderline rude. For example, stopped filming as she was coming down the steps of this theater, she just walked down and they were both just STANDING THERE not even talking about what they would film next or looking at the footage, they started walking away a few feet and a few moments later she pulled out her phone and laughed, he said something to her and she looked up at him, made eye contact, and just didnt even bother to respond, after that interaction, a few kids started running around in that same area and Tyler said something again and AGAIN she didn't even bother to nod or anything so he repeated whatever he said, she just turned grabbed her phone and mumbled something and when she saw he got upset and started walking back to the area they were filming at is when she called out ''Ty'' and then walked up and answered him, the kids left and they started filming again. They left before I did, not holding hands, Saf walking a few steps in front. I thought maybe they had fought but it was almost disturbing how much her attitude changed when the camera was back on and they were back to filming after the kids left. I would understand wanting to stop filming if you have just fought with your BF because you wouldn't be in the right headspace but she literally just flipped a switch which most likely means they are just used to interacting that way with each other and are just as used to flipping a switch and hamming it up for the cameras. Just odd.

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

Tbh, even in their videos, they appear to me like a couple that is very dependent on each other, but doesn't necessarily like each other. He's always seemed warmer than she does to me, and lately I've assumed that she brings him everywhere because he is the one who has more patience for dealing with people. So that definitely reads as plausible to me. I can see her being a difficult person to deal with.

sophiuhh
Informer
Informer

Post by sophiuhh »

milanese15 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:40 pm
Tbh, even in their videos, they appear to me like a couple that is very dependent on each other, but doesn't necessarily like each other. He's always seemed warmer than she does to me, and lately I've assumed that she brings him everywhere because he is the one who has more patience for dealing with people. So that definitely reads as plausible to me. I can see her being a difficult person to deal with.
After seeing their interactions in real life, I've seen a their recent videos where they mention the wedding and such and I just can't help but get the feeling that she reeeaaally doesn't want to get married. There's times Tyler will make comments about the wedding or if it's a wedding centered video she just says things in a way that makes me feel like she doesn't want this to happen. If anything she might see this as a good content opportunity more than an actual wedding to the guy she loves.

Knitting Jenny
Informer
Informer

Post by Knitting Jenny »

sophiuhh wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:33 pm
milanese15 wrote:
After seeing their interactions in real life, I've seen a their recent videos where they mention the wedding and such and I just can't help but get the feeling that she reeeaaally doesn't want to get married. There's times Tyler will make comments about the wedding or if it's a wedding centered video she just says things in a way that makes me feel like she doesn't want this to happen. If anything she might see this as a good content opportunity more than an actual wedding to the guy she loves.
That certainly ties in with SimplyNailogical hinting they got the engagement ring sponsored and that's why.

In the videos i always had the feeling she isn't a wedding person and feels uncomfortable planning a wedding (instead of just going off and marrying in front of a judge or something).

sophiuhh
Informer
Informer

Post by sophiuhh »

Knitting Jenny wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:50 am
sophiuhh wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:33 pm
milanese15 wrote:
That certainly ties in with SimplyNailogical hinting they got the engagement ring sponsored and that's why.

In the videos i always had the feeling she isn't a wedding person and feels uncomfortable planning a wedding (instead of just going off and marrying in front of a judge or something).
I didn't even think about the whole SimplyNailogical comment, that's such a good point.

Same, I mean there's nothing wrong with not wanting a wedding or reception or even wanting to get married, it's not uncommon, I mean I've been with my BF for 5 years and don't plan on getting married unless needed, but he's not popping the question any time soon because we've discussed our feeling on marriage. I feel like Tyler wants to be married but Saf might not dig the idea but then why not talk about these sort of things with a long term partner? Brings me back to my original post, they lack communication, they don't seem to interact, and frankly I think they're together mainly because they're used to each other not necessarily because they love each other.

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

I mean...even if either of them wanted to end the relationship, both of their livelihoods are completely dependent on the other person. It probably seems insurmountable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smarties
Informer
Informer

Post by Smarties »

What was the comment Cristine made about the ring?

Knitting Jenny
Informer
Informer

Post by Knitting Jenny »

Smarties wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:03 pm
In a video she read emails from sponsors she declined and one was from a engagement ring business. Ben asked who on earth would get engaged just because they get money for it and Cristine started smirking and said something like she knows youtubers who did but she should stop talking now.

This was shortly after Saf and Ty got engaged and the Simply-thread quickly put 2+2 together.

Post by Guest »

I have to admit after rewatching the engagement vid, it seems very scripted and fake. Plus they both seemed to be mic up, conveniently? Like you can hear Saf plain as day talking about their first date, plus she's in full make-up which she doesn't tend to do unless she's making a video.

The website he used was AlexisRussell. I see they've done a few giveaways online.

sophiuhh
Informer
Informer

Post by sophiuhh »

Knitting Jenny wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:32 pm
Smarties wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:03 pm
In a video she read emails from sponsors she declined and one was from a engagement ring business. Ben asked who on earth would get engaged just because they get money for it and Cristine started smirking and said something like she knows youtubers who did but she should stop talking now.

This was shortly after Saf and Ty got engaged and the Simply-thread quickly put 2+2 together.
*pretended to be shocked when she said that*
Honestly, I always got the vibe that Cristine doesn't actually like Saf too much, I just got a weird vibe during the video they did with Corinne from Threadbanger and during the spa video, I got the feeling that Cristine really didn't want to be there. Then again I also got the same feeling when I watched Cristine's collab with Tati so who knows. I also don't know much about the relationship Cristine has with Saf aside from the collabs because I'm not too invested in either of them so maybe it's just me.

Post by Guest »

But then I also feel like why would Saf associate with Cristine if she called her out like that? (They literally just collabed again at vid-con)

Then again we've proven Saf has no shame about these things, in begging for Taco Bell to arrange for her to stay at their hotel, and asking for professional advice on twitter, no less.

I'm sure she could put that aside for view$.

I agree with the comments that Ty and Saf seem 'stuck' with eachother and like there's no spark there. I get every couple is different but their chemistry is more like older mature sister/pesky younger brother. I assume neither have the energy to end it, let alone are willing (or would have much to offer in) to try and find someone else - and so have settled since it's mutually beneficial and comfortable, for now.

wreck
Informer
Informer

Post by wreck »

Is there any evidence that the ring (or some other aspect of the engagement) was sponsored besides Cristine's comment? I'm skeptical that she was referring to Safiya. Their friendship seems genuine... as in, genuinely good for income for the time being.

kozume
Informer
Informer

Post by kozume »

lmao i was the one who said the comment about the engagement ring on Cristine's thread

And I said it cause it did seemed really staged and everything, especially the fact that suddenly, their "staff" (or friends? I don't remember what Tyler said) was gonna be available to film them, when all the other times, it was just Ty and Saf filming and being annoying and also the same thing that they seemed to sound way too clear to not be mic up or something and also the only other wedding video happened to be slightly but not really sponsored? the whole "they contacted me" thing, which is why I was like "wait a minute"

And in the subject of them being good "YouTube" friends, we all know that unless one of their fans was a little bit "suspicious" nobody would think that Cristine was referring to her "good friends saf and ty" so she can say that without people being suspicious lol
English is my second language so i'm sorry for any mistakes

escargot123
Informer
Informer

Post by escargot123 »

late to the party, but following. still learning about the forum.

I subbed to her shortly after “why did I leave buzzfeed” video popped in my recommendations. I really liked here there and decided to subscribe, but more recently been feeling disappointed by upload frequency, overall content quality and especially waste (like all the lipstick tubes from multiple multiple videos 😱) and unnecessary amount of videos about things from Wish. Sometimes ago YouTube actually recommended me a video of why trend of getting things from Wish and similar sites is a very bad and unethical idea on some many levels and it had Saf on the tumbnail lol (didn’t watch the video itself)

Glad to see I’m not alone in my feelings.
糞食らえ

TeenageTalk
Talker
Talker

Post by TeenageTalk »

escargot123 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:23 pm
late to the party, but following. still learning about the forum.

I subbed to her shortly after “why did I leave buzzfeed” video popped in my recommendations. I really liked here there and decided to subscribe, but more recently been feeling disappointed by upload frequency, overall content quality and especially waste (like all the lipstick tubes from multiple multiple videos 😱) and unnecessary amount of videos about things from Wish. Sometimes ago YouTube actually recommended me a video of why trend of getting things from Wish and similar sites is a very bad and unethical idea on some many levels and it had Saf on the tumbnail lol (didn’t watch the video itself)

Glad to see I’m not alone in my feelings.
do you mind linking the video cause I don't think I've ever seen her be criticized outside this website

Return to “Safiya Nygaard”