Pick Up Limes

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Pick Up Limes

Post by DaylightAmy »

Just figured I'd open a thread for Pick Up Limes. This is a "neutral" section (i.e. it's not rave or trash) so whether you want to praise her or raise criticism, it's all good.

I watched her for ages and really liked her (very mature, useful content - not just posing) but for some reason I just can't enjoy her content anymore, which I'm 99% sure is my issue, not the actual channel. So I'd love to hear everyone else's thoughts.
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

Coconut_kutty
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Pick Up Limes

Post by Coconut_kutty »

I do not watch her videos. She seems quite nice and mature like you said.

Coconut_kutty
Learner
Learner

Post by Coconut_kutty »

I do not watch her videos regularly.She seems quite nice and mature like you said.

ScorpioFemme
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by ScorpioFemme »

Did u guys watch her latest video (exploring Netherlands), they were in Harlem. Wow, I sensed something was off between her and her boyfriend/partner. Idk it made sad to witness, because she seems so nice and they really looked like the most down to earth and real couple on social media. I hope nothing bad is going on...

paintmedance
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by paintmedance »

I love her content, especially all the recipes. I've tried many of them and they usually work out really well for me.

I did find her video about letting go of our ego strange considering it was full of shots of her posing.

I also find I enjoyed her videos before the move to the studio a bit more, they felt a little more natural and slow-paced. Robin is also featured a lot more often now and although they are lovely together its a bit too forced and coupley to me.

sv90
Learner
Learner

Post by sv90 »

I really like her recipes. I do think she is kind of fake the way she speaks and talks. She also seems like a very controlling person someone who would force her beliefs on her partner. for example minimalism, veganism and saving money. Robin dresses really nice but she not so much I think its because of minimalism. Another reason I think she forces her beliefs on Robin is because of her post about plants. She was so happy that Robin wanted to buy plants. Like seriously???? What does it matter? I bet she forces Minimalism on him as well. I also think she has that Holier than thou attitude because she does not drink. We see Robin drink in her videos but she never drinks. I think it is because she thinks she is better than everyone else.

sv90
Learner
Learner

Post by sv90 »

ScorpioFemme wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:54 am
Did u guys watch her latest video (exploring Netherlands), they were in Harlem. Wow, I sensed something was off between her and her boyfriend/partner. Idk it made sad to witness, because she seems so nice and they really looked like the most down to earth and real couple on social media. I hope nothing bad is going on...
I thought so too. The Issue is that she is extremely controlling and wants her partner to act a certain way. She seems like someone who would force her believes on her partner. She is a Minimalist and she wants her partner to be a minimalist as well. As you can see her partner dresses really well and she wears the same old clothes all the time. I bet She expects her partner to do the same.

sv90
Learner
Learner

Post by sv90 »

Coconut_kutty wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:02 pm
I do not watch her videos regularly.She seems quite nice and mature like you said.
OK So I am confused if you like her and has nothing to say about her then why are you here ?

sv90
Learner
Learner

Post by sv90 »

DaylightAmy wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:48 pm
Just figured I'd open a thread for Pick Up Limes. This is a "neutral" section (i.e. it's not rave or trash) so whether you want to praise her or raise criticism, it's all good.

I watched her for ages and really liked her (very mature, useful content - not just posing) but for some reason I just can't enjoy her content anymore, which I'm 99% sure is my issue, not the actual channel. So I'd love to hear everyone else's thoughts.
I believe the reason is that she use to post quality content. Lately, she just seems very arrogant in her videos. She has that I am better than everyone attitude.

sv90
Learner
Learner

Post by sv90 »

paintmedance wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:56 am
I love her content, especially all the recipes. I've tried many of them and they usually work out really well for me.

I did find her video about letting go of our ego strange considering it was full of shots of her posing.

I also find I enjoyed her videos before the move to the studio a bit more, they felt a little more natural and slow-paced. Robin is also featured a lot more often now and although they are lovely together its a bit too forced and coupley to me.
Agree! She is so full of herself. You are right her videos with Robin seems very forced. She wants to show everyone that she is so happy in her relationship and how her relationship is better than everyone else. Have you noticed that whenever they eat out they always Switch their plates. I find it so forced like she is trying to show that they are this perfect couple.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

paintmedance wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:56 am
I think you hit the nail on the head there.

I think that's what put me off the channel. She's starting to come off a little holier-than-thou and like she's trying to seem like a Disney princess.
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

ScorpioFemme
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by ScorpioFemme »

The thing I feel that Robin is the controlling one, did u guys see him telling her to not go back to the apartment and that she "doesnt need it", he seemed too strict- then she dropped the bomb "its unfair that u always get your way…", gave me chills! I think robin is the real mind behind her channel but he is too shy/introvert, idk maybe insecure, to have his own channel and talk to followers. While Sadie seems to love the limelight, lime, pick up limes haha. sorry had to add the pun.

tehpretty
Learner
Learner

Post by tehpretty »

I used to find her recipe videos lovely and informative, but a while ago she posted a video about eating disorders and while she said she's never dealt with an ED there were staged shots of her 'throwing up' in a toilet which really unsettled me. She got some backlash and made the video private, but I was so astonished that she'd make such an exploitative and tasteless video. I haven't been able to enjoy her content since.

hysteriiia
Learner
Learner

Post by hysteriiia »

Hello. I've been a big fan of Pick up limes from the very start - her videos were almost copied from Jenny Mustard, but with that extra kick that made it so special. I haven't been watching her video the last year or so (about the time she moved into the studio) because I moved to a smaller apartment without an oven so I don't need this cooking inspiration anymore...
But I've always profoundly disliked her boyfriend Robin. I feel they're on totally different vibes but in a bad way - Robin seeming that this extrovert edgy party-goer (got a DJ set for his bday) not very open about his feelings and Sadia seeming more mature, plant-lady introvert, health and meditation zen girl. I basically feel like she's way better than him, and the recent IG stories of him doing yoga with adrienne feel SO forced.
Maybe I bought into the Disney princess show too much, but either way, I'm not sensing any chemistry between them and I just find them annoying together.

paintmedance
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by paintmedance »

Her videos are full of shots of her “acting natural” looking like a stock photo model and it gets really old. I dont mind shots of her cooking her dishes or whatever but her pretending to be stressed at her desk or laughing with friends etc is super cringy.

sv90
Learner
Learner

Post by sv90 »

hysteriiia wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:56 pm
Hello. I've been a big fan of Pick up limes from the very start - her videos were almost copied from Jenny Mustard, but with that extra kick that made it so special. I haven't been watching her video the last year or so (about the time she moved into the studio) because I moved to a smaller apartment without an oven so I don't need this cooking inspiration anymore...
But I've always profoundly disliked her boyfriend Robin. I feel they're on totally different vibes but in a bad way - Robin seeming that this extrovert edgy party-goer (got a DJ set for his bday) not very open about his feelings and Sadia seeming more mature, plant-lady introvert, health and meditation zen girl. I basically feel like she's way better than him, and the recent IG stories of him doing yoga with adrienne feel SO forced.
Maybe I bought into the Disney princess show too much, but either way, I'm not sensing any chemistry between them and I just find them annoying together.
I can't find Robin's Instagram. I also feel that they are not a good fit. They are very different. She is not into fashion and wears the same clothes over and over again. Robin dresses way better her. I see Robin drinking in their Vlogs but she does. She used to copy her videos from Jenny Mustard. Now she copies Nisha's channel. Same exact recipes and same exact video style.

sv90
Learner
Learner

Post by sv90 »

paintmedance wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:35 pm
Her videos are full of shots of her “acting natural” looking like a stock photo model and it gets really old. I dont mind shots of her cooking her dishes or whatever but her pretending to be stressed at her desk or laughing with friends etc is super cringy.
I know right. She also seems very fake in her videos. The way she talks. I find her extremely fake.

Rosie34567
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567 »

It also annoys me how...precious and snowflakey she is and her lifestyle is. Like obviously it's good to be healthy, and she admittedly has some good recipe ideas, etc ... but I feel like she forgets that people with non-youtube jobs can't just casually go for a run during the day, make bullet journal entries, or make random salads from their home-grown sprouts :roll: And her robotic calmness and constant state of bliss and contentment is just...unrealistic for most people...and I think she's being fake.

hysteriiia
Learner
Learner

Post by hysteriiia »

sv90 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:59 am
hysteriiia wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:56 pm
I can't find Robin's Instagram. I also feel that they are not a good fit. They are very different. She is not into fashion and wears the same clothes over and over again. Robin dresses way better her. I see Robin drinking in their Vlogs but she does. She used to copy her videos from Jenny Mustard. Now she copies Nisha's channel. Same exact recipes and same exact video style.
It wasn't on Robin's instagram (not sure he has one) but on Sadia's. She was filming him in front of Yoga with Adrienne in the dark doing yoga. I don't know how to say it but it felt so odd!
I don't know Nisha's channel so I couldn't tell, but yes the Jenny mustard inspiration felt very strong. I don't mind that though.

Unlike some of you I don't think she's being that fake. You can't fake that much stillness. I couldn't if I tried!
And yes her lifestyle is pretty unachievable for the working people but hey that's why we're seeking inspiration on these channels!

icantevenwithpeople
Learner
Learner

Post by icantevenwithpeople »

sv90 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:10 pm
I really like her recipes. I do think she is kind of fake the way she speaks and talks. She also seems like a very controlling person someone who would force her beliefs on her partner. for example minimalism, veganism and saving money. Robin dresses really nice but she not so much I think its because of minimalism. Another reason I think she forces her beliefs on Robin is because of her post about plants. She was so happy that Robin wanted to buy plants. Like seriously???? What does it matter? I bet she forces Minimalism on him as well. I also think she has that Holier than thou attitude because she does not drink. We see Robin drink in her videos but she never drinks. I think it is because she thinks she is better than everyone else.
I didn't think it was a holier than thou attitude. She's probably Muslim and I'm assuming she is a practising Muslim so it is not allowed in her religion.

Return to “N-Z”