Simply Nailogical - Part 2

semivillain
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Simply Nailogical - Part 2

Post by semivillain »

I like the simply smug logical. I did have a good laugh about that ´cristine and beyn: assholo's '

Delet This
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Delet This »

mitty_moo wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:53 pm
escargot123 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:28 am
I’m pretty sure if they got a mortgage on their house, bank wasn’t happy giving it to them from just a YT income, which can be unstable and not as trusted. And they work a government job, so even if they do bare minimum just to keep their asses employed there, they are still getting all the benefit packages, which are insanely good. You wouldn’t get it as self employed. They have probably banked a lot of money already on their savings and investments, but they are right, in 10 years I personally can’t imagibe them still doing YouTube and having so many years of job experience will be great for them if they ever were to seek another employment and not live off passive income.
I'm sure with the amount of money she has she could have paid off her mortgage very quickly, and the tax rate you have as an employee is much worse than a business owner (depending on how you take your income out), so I don't think any benefits would outweigh that. They might not do YouTube in 10 years, but why couldn't they have a successful nail polish company? Also, why do you even need to work in 10 years if you just invest your money smartly and then live off that income? That's what smart people do with their money. It's really just a stupid financial decision to stay at these jobs just so they can be smug about it. It really just shows how little they know about finance. Cristine, why don't you read a book on finance and investing and then maybe you can tell young kids what they should do with their lives and how to make money.
In the US you get a retirement pension if govt or union. That means you’ll get a guaranteed paycheck from when you retire until you die. And usually those jobs you can retire early, I know a couple who retired at 50 or early 50s since they put in the years consecutively, basically worked from YA in their roles and did overtime until they retired, so their pensions checks were equivalent to a normal upper middle class job checks. I don’t know how it works in CAN but in the US they’d be fools to give up govt accounting jobs for full time YouTube/Google.

mitty_moo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mitty_moo »

Delet This wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:24 am
mitty_moo wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:53 pm
escargot123 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:28 am
I’m pretty sure if they got a mortgage on their house, bank wasn’t happy giving it to them from just a YT income, which can be unstable and not as trusted. And they work a government job, so even if they do bare minimum just to keep their asses employed there, they are still getting all the benefit packages, which are insanely good. You wouldn’t get it as self employed. They have probably banked a lot of money already on their savings and investments, but they are right, in 10 years I personally can’t imagibe them still doing YouTube and having so many years of job experience will be great for them if they ever were to seek another employment and not live off passive income.
I'm sure with the amount of money she has she could have paid off her mortgage very quickly, and the tax rate you have as an employee is much worse than a business owner (depending on how you take your income out), so I don't think any benefits would outweigh that. They might not do YouTube in 10 years, but why couldn't they have a successful nail polish company? Also, why do you even need to work in 10 years if you just invest your money smartly and then live off that income? That's what smart people do with their money. It's really just a stupid financial decision to stay at these jobs just so they can be smug about it. It really just shows how little they know about finance. Cristine, why don't you read a book on finance and investing and then maybe you can tell young kids what they should do with their lives and how to make money.
In the US you get a retirement pension if govt or union. That means you’ll get a guaranteed paycheck from when you retire until you die. And usually those jobs you can retire early, I know a couple who retired at 50 or early 50s since they put in the years consecutively, basically worked from YA in their roles and did overtime until they retired, so their pensions checks were equivalent to a normal upper middle class job checks. I don’t know how it works in CAN but in the US they’d be fools to give up govt accounting jobs for full time YouTube/Google.
If you've built a business (like her nail polish brand) that sustains itself, you don't need a retirement pension lol. Or again, if you invest your money wisely, you can live off that. As I said before, they don't need to do YouTube forever. Being an entrepreneur has a much better upside than working a 9-5, regardless of benefits.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

Best of both:

Simply Smuglogical: not like other youtubers, just like other ass-holos
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

OhHoney
Learner
Learner

Post by OhHoney »

Kelli Marissa released her Holo Taco Holoday Collection swatch&review video a few hours ago.

Predictably, it is full of nothing but praise. I make frequent use of Kelli's swatch videos to make purchasing decisions and she has been able to sway me more than once to buy a polish that I left me cold before, but I can't say she succeeded this time.

I'm sure they are nice enough polishes, but the application seems to be standard, she made no mention of drying time or thickness on the nail and three out of the five polishes are colors that are a dime a dozen (dark blue/purple, silver and rose gold), while another is a color that seems to be in every current winter/holiday collection (icy blue). The hot pink/red one does seem to be fairly unusual and is the only one that is discussed with any kind of excitement in my nail polish fanatic circles.

I think I am just annoyed that this lackluster set of polishes is going to get all this attention and adoration just because Cristine's name is behind it, when it doesn't seem to deserve it and will take WEEKS to start shipping out! Probably time for me to let it go, lol.

Post by Guest »

Yeah we said in her infomercial video for them that you need a good 2-3 coats for them, I thought to myself well what's the difference from any other glitter/holo polish? Obviously I realize the more coats the more glitter and shimmer you get for anything, but I just didn't feel quality wise it was worth the cost, and any different than any other brand. It's all stuff I feel I've seen instores before and easily dupe-able, other than perhaps the pinky red and icy blue (For my area in Aus I don't tend to see icy nail looks, probably because it's summer here at Xmas).

But even then the whole idea of HOLOTOPCOAT was to be to make any colour you have in your stash holo. So the coloured holos don't seem as versatile, and again the expense... especially internationally with $ conversion and shipping... HER $65USD collection needs $20 for shipping which I totally understand. So that's 85USD... but convert that to Australian dollars it works out over $125AUD!! FOR FIVE POLISHES. Even with a disposable income I couldn't justify that. I'd rather save it for a trip.

I also really don't get the colours she chose, and it really doesn't seem like a cohesive theme. She would have been better going either all cool blue/purple/silver tones. Or all Warm red/orange/gold tones. The mixture of both in one set doesn't scream Holiday to me, except maybe patriotic.

abahney
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by abahney »

I can't take a good picture of my nails to save my life, but I got Frost Light and Play Rosé and they are gorgeous. I'm not insane into nail polish but I only wear indie when I do but they are really nice glitters. One coat of the rosé is a nice amount of color and glitter, two coats is perfect. Its just a really nice polish

thehippiechick
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by thehippiechick »

abahney wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:07 pm
I can't take a good picture of my nails to save my life, but I got Frost Light and Play Rosé and they are gorgeous. I'm not insane into nail polish but I only wear indie when I do but they are really nice glitters. One coat of the rosé is a nice amount of color and glitter, two coats is perfect. Its just a really nice polish
I'm wearing Play Rose right now. Just got home and couldn't stop looking at them under the lights in the elevator. LOL! So pretty.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. - George Carlin

abahney
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by abahney »

thehippiechick wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:22 pm
abahney wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:07 pm
I'm wearing Play Rose right now. Just got home and couldn't stop looking at them under the lights in the elevator. LOL! So pretty.
It really is stunning. It's a very classy holo glitter haha

She may be smug as hell but she knows what she is doing with the holo taco

escargot123
Informer
Informer

Post by escargot123 »

In her newest video, Cristine thanks reddit and “all these forum places” for being mostly positive and not having as much hate. No problem, Cristine <3

Also talks how she’s made millions of YouTube and how it’s unfair compared to her day job that’s actually important shit and how that’s why she shared her wealth through tuition giveaways, donations, etc. And mentions that she could have been making more if she was taking sponsorships but she doesn’t because she’s not in it for the money so all hail the humble queen.
糞食らえ

Post by Guest »

escargot123 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:35 pm
In her newest video, Cristine thanks reddit and “all these forum places” for being mostly positive and not having as much hate. No problem, Cristine <3

Also talks how she’s made millions of YouTube and how it’s unfair compared to her day job that’s actually important shit and how that’s why she shared her wealth through tuition giveaways, donations, etc. And mentions that she could have been making more if she was taking sponsorships but she doesn’t because she’s not in it for the money so all hail the humble queen.
Same shit, different video. :roll: Get new shit.

wreck
Informer
Informer

Post by wreck »

Where 👏 was 👏 GuruGossiper 👏 in 👏 that 👏 video 👏

OK, just kidding. I'm kind of glad we weren't in it. I feel like the two of them might have ~discussed~ whether or not to include GG and she was like, "NO, I'm not going to give them free traffic :x"

Bedhair
Learner
Learner

Post by Bedhair »

She did shill sometimes like Starrily and Bundle Monster but at one point said she felt bad about it because of her young fan base so she stopped. I'll give her that.

But I don't get why she's proud of that since she launched a boutique indie nail line and is basically a walking #ad.

"Stay in school, girls, save for college and buy my $15 nail polish."

Idk96
Lurker
Lurker
Been thanked: 0

Post by Idk96 »

I will give Cristine credit for one thing. One coat black and Starrily’s Vantablack have identical performance, based off video demos, but hers is cheaper. 11 vs 13

Knitting Jenny
Informer
Informer

Post by Knitting Jenny »

wreck wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:06 pm
Where 👏 was 👏 GuruGossiper 👏 in 👏 that 👏 video 👏

OK, just kidding. I'm kind of glad we weren't in it. I feel like the two of them might have ~discussed~ whether or not to include GG and she was like, "NO, I'm not going to give them free traffic :x"
She didn't want to explain to her viewers what DDLG is.

OhHoney
Learner
Learner

Post by OhHoney »

Idk96 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:35 pm
I will give Cristine credit for one thing. One coat black and Starrily’s Vantablack have identical performance, based off video demos, but hers is cheaper. 11 vs 13
Of that I have no doubt. I am sure her peel-off base coat and her glossy top coats are high quality as well, since she has always been incredibly anal about these things. Hell, should she release a one-coat white at some point, I will probably buy it.

makemeasquare
Informer
Informer

Post by makemeasquare »

Knitting Jenny wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:41 pm
wreck wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:12 pm
Merpedy wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:46 am
Not that he should do it because let's face it... it would just be him being pretentious.
"Uh... hi everyone, this is, uh... 'Vlogmas' or whatever... day one. Well, I just got back from work, because unlike other Youtubers, I, uh, you know, actually have a job. We're going to put up some decorations now I guess... we're not really into Christmas or anything but you guys asked for this... oh, there's Zyler."
They decorate their diplomas and talk 20 min about university and why everybody needs to go to not be a subhuman.
I get that they push university a lot but just statistically most Canadian adults have advanced education. A majority of us hold post-secondary credentials (55% are university-educated!) and tuition is generally more affordable than it is down south (I paid 10k for my undergrad, total - at one of the most respected universities in the country). It might be a cultural thing, but it's pretty considered hard to succeed without getting a university degree, especially eastern Canada.

Knitting Jenny
Informer
Informer

Post by Knitting Jenny »

makemeasquare wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:52 pm
Knitting Jenny wrote:
wreck wrote:
Merpedy wrote:
Not that he should do it because let's face it... it would just be him being pretentious.
"Uh... hi everyone, this is, uh... 'Vlogmas' or whatever... day one. Well, I just got back from work, because unlike other Youtubers, I, uh, you know, actually have a job. We're going to put up some decorations now I guess... we're not really into Christmas or anything but you guys asked for this... oh, there's Zyler."
They decorate their diplomas and talk 20 min about university and why everybody needs to go to not be a subhuman.
I get that they push university a lot but just statistically most Canadian adults have advanced education. A majority of us hold post-secondary credentials (55% are university-educated!) and tuition is generally more affordable than it is down south (I paid 10k for my undergrad, total - at one of the most respected universities in the country). It might be a cultural thing, but it's pretty considered hard to succeed without getting a university degree, especially eastern Canada.
It's not what they say, it's the way they say it.

makemeasquare
Informer
Informer

Post by makemeasquare »

Knitting Jenny wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:09 am
makemeasquare wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:52 pm
Knitting Jenny wrote:
wreck wrote:
Merpedy wrote:
It's not what they say, it's the way they say it.
Yeah, I might just be inured to it because I work for government in Canada too and these are very much the prevalent attitudes towards education.

Return to “Simply Nailogical”