Mouse-Killin'andMorgue-Chillin':AtHomewithLydiaFillen#33

GeorgeePorgee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Mouse-Killin'andMorgue-Chillin':AtHomewithLydiaFillen#33

Post by GeorgeePorgee »

You can see why she's hating the new guidelines. Lydl lux gonna hate looking like a pauper soon. (Picture off some random insta account) Image

eggybeggy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by eggybeggy »

lizzy wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:48 am
I just understood what "affiliate link" means. I didn't know until she said she bought with her own money and no vouchers.

So she buys say 5 things for £300 on ASOS. Makes the video and add the affiliate links. Then returns 3 or 4 of the most expensive pieces. And get £200 back. With the affliliate links she gets all the money from people who click and buy there. Is that how it works?
Thats how it works. Often they don't keep what's in these hauls, its just for the video and they send it back. They can affiliate link to anything they want. Doesn't mean they are keeping it. I quite often see girls putting items on their IG stories that they just 'love' or 'are adding to their basket', all with swipe up affiliate links, no proof they are actually buying it. I started watching Pipsy-pie after she was mentioned here, i like her lifestyle and style so i keep watching but every day she has affiliate links to items she has just seen online. She's not buying them for herself. I think that's quite common, I've seen others do it but she is first that comes to mind.

PixelGirl

Post by PixelGirl »

lizzy wrote:
I just understood what "affiliate link" means. I didn't know until she said she bought with her own money and no vouchers.

So she buys say 5 things for £300 on ASOS. Makes the video and add the affiliate links. Then returns 3 or 4 of the most expensive pieces. And get £200 back. With the affliliate links she gets all the money from people who click and buy there. Is that how it works?
An affiliate link works like this. She gets gifted items, or maybe orders items from say Asos. (Instead of being gifted, sent stuff directly, she might have been told she has a voucher to the value of, which she can choose her own items from, so this is where she uses the term "picked out".) She may show all those items, keep only one, send the rest back if you ordered over the voucher value. If she's sent it, doesn't like it, it gets gifted to friends, sold on Depop (possibly under a second name, or Carrie's), or if that fails to get rid of the item she might send it to the charity shop.

Under her video, she will tag every damned thing she shows in her video. So the chair she's sat on, if she can get a kickback from that, the mug she drinks her tea out of, the clothes and makeup she is wearing, etc etc. Where the affiliate links kick in, is those links under the video, on her website, or the swipe up on Instagram. If you click the link and it takes you straight to the website of the company selling the product, if you look up the top in your search bar, there might be her name, or an affiliate number. The company website you then land on places cookies on the device you are using to access the website and those cookies can stay on your device for 30 days. So if you say look at the dress she is flogging, think no that's not for me, but I like this other thing I've just seen on the website and you order it. The website link you initially clicked, tracks that sale back to Lydia and she gets a percentage of the sale. If you go away, come back to the website a week later and order something else, she still gets a kickback from that sale, as she introduced you to the website, so therefore is "entitled" to a kickback. In theory this doesn't cost you extra, ie they don't add her commission on after you've clicked add to basket. That fee was worked out well ahead of the item being priced and added to the website, if the company doesn't have to pay affiliate fees and you arrived at their website organically (ie, found your own way there), then that is more profit for the company selling.

Think of it like this. You want to buy a used car, you go to the car showroom, the strange guy there in the rather shiny silver grey suit and brown shoes shows you around the cars, talks about how good they are, even if they are rubbish, that they are fuel efficient, even if they have the fuel economy of a Sherman Tank, and they convince you to buy a car. You know when you pay the price for the car, that a portion of that money will be going straight to the used car salesman as commission. That's what affiliate links are, only difference is if you went back to the used car place and bought a second car, you might deal with someone else, and they'd get the commission. Lydia's bread is buttered on both sides, she gets the first commission, the second and maybe even the third, all from adding that restyleme link, or which other one she chooses to use.

Lydia is the used car salesman in the shiny silver grey suit, with the brown shoes, basically their jobs are the same, flog you stuff, earn commission.

eggybeggy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by eggybeggy »

PixelGirl wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:14 am
lizzy wrote:

An affiliate link works like this. She gets gifted items, or maybe orders items from say Asos. (Instead of being gifted, sent stuff directly, she might have been told she has a voucher to the value of, which she can choose her own items from, so this is where she uses the term "picked out".) She may show all those items, keep only one, send the rest back if you ordered over the voucher value. If she's sent it, doesn't like it, it gets gifted to friends, sold on Depop (possibly under a second name, or Carrie's), or if that fails to get rid of the item she might send it to the charity shop.

Under her video, she will tag every damned thing she shows in her video. So the chair she's sat on, if she can get a kickback from that, the mug she drinks her tea out of, the clothes and makeup she is wearing, etc etc. Where the affiliate links kick in, is those links under the video, on her website, or the swipe up on Instagram. If you click the link and it takes you straight to the website of the company selling the product, if you look up the top in your search bar, there might be her name, or an affiliate number. The company website you then land on places cookies on the device you are using to access the website and those cookies can stay on your device for 30 days. So if you say look at the dress she is flogging, think no that's not for me, but I like this other thing I've just seen on the website and you order it. The website link you initially clicked, tracks that sale back to Lydia and she gets a percentage of the sale. If you go away, come back to the website a week later and order something else, she still gets a kickback from that sale, as she introduced you to the website, so therefore is "entitled" to a kickback. In theory this doesn't cost you extra, ie they don't add her commission on after you've clicked add to basket. That fee was worked out well ahead of the item being priced and added to the website, if the company doesn't have to pay affiliate fees and you arrived at their website organically (ie, found your own way there), then that is more profit for the company selling.

Think of it like this. You want to buy a used car, you go to the car showroom, the strange guy there in the rather shiny silver grey suit and brown shoes shows you around the cars, talks about how good they are, even if they are rubbish, that they are fuel efficient, even if they have the fuel economy of a Sherman Tank, and they convince you to buy a car. You know when you pay the price for the car, that a portion of that money will be going straight to the used car salesman as commission. That's what affiliate links are, only difference is if you went back to the used car place and bought a second car, you might deal with someone else, and they'd get the commission. Lydia's bread is buttered on both sides, she gets the first commission, the second and maybe even the third, all from adding that restyleme link, or which other one she chooses to use.

Lydia is the used car salesman in the shiny silver grey suit, with the brown shoes, basically their jobs are the same, flog you stuff, earn commission.

You have to be pre-approved to reward style don't you? And do you have to be approved on IG to do swipe ups?? They should allow everyone and anyone to do it. Dont see why only people with large following should get a kickback lol!!

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy »

PixelGirl wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:14 am
lizzy wrote:

Thanks!. The only difference is that if Im going to get a car, is because I have decided to get a car, I go to the place I choose and leave with a thing I meant to buy.

What bothers me of those "Hauls" videos is that they are like those late night tv sells advertisements where they sell crap to adicted to shop people. I hate to start to like someone on YouTube because the content is good, recommendations are good, and suddenly they are convincing you to buy things you don't need just cause they want your money.

Im glad I don't buy anything Lydia recommends cause she makes very obvious she doesnt "love" good things. She just "love" the things that brings her money back.

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

mrsscotland wrote: Image...
I’m absolutely fabulous, darling!

(“I miss your face.” “I miss you more!”

Who even speaks like this? :? :? )
Last edited by Iris1969 on Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PixelGirl

Post by PixelGirl »

It looks as if you could do that Eggy

The ASOS Affiliate Program Offers
5% commission on every sale
30 day cookie period
Updated creative in industry standard sizes

I got that information from here, she talks about how to monetise your blog or online presence. https://herpaperroute.com/asos-affiliat ... m-details/

I think the reason that some of these "up and coming" influencers are worried about this is because they feel they are on a trajectory to wealth, they want to be the Lydia of tomorrow, and if the rug is being pulled out from under their feet, then they can see their future "careers" going down the toilet!

LicenseToLurk

Post by LicenseToLurk »

BloodyBasketCase wrote:Image

Quick philosophical question: If you exercise and don't post a smug camel toed selfie on your stories, does it even count?

(Lidl, please collect bonus points for including any of the following in your post - the fact you are luxe enough for a PT/ have a home gym / reference the early hour or that your husband is still in bed)
Good Lord, Lydia! Put your foof away and have some dignity Image

Muff_Puff
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Muff_Puff »

Lying cow! ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

LicenseToLurk

Post by LicenseToLurk »

Muff_puff wrote:Lying cow! ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
“She’s now doing this happily”.. yeah, right. Shes got more faces than a town hall clock!! Image

Lola-Faith
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lola-Faith »

She's gone mad now literally, walking through her house videoing everything saying how it was paid for, gifts, vouchers etc etc. Hmm, paranoia or guilt or what? Not seen anyone else do that, very weird behaviour. Doubt she will do that with the cars because there's no way she wants people to know what the story is with them!

So the majority of 'influencers' are going to be shown up now with these new rules, because it's not just agencies such as Gleam working for them and dealing with clients and putting deals together, don't be under any illusion that they are contacting companies influencers want to work with or get stuff from, or the likes of Lydia are doing it themselves, hence those tweets about 'i'm interested in a new car Mercedes/BMW etc etc'.

I am convinced that they are approaching brands and companies and literally begging for stuff all the time, which is so wrong and vile and completely makes a mockery of the 'influencer' world. Even someone like Victoria, who covers it up very well is no doubt doing it.

Lydia approaches say 'Farrow and Ball', we want to decorate our house, we both are influencers with a combined audience of nearly a million followers on you tube. We will feature our home in between one and two videos a week, and we will also put up instagram images and blog posts, we will credit you on every photo and video etc etc'

So that company would think ok fair enough then for the cost of the paint to them - maybe £1000 tops it is worth it, and so it goes on, the begging continues, food, drink, hair cuts, clothes, furniture, accessories, there is nothing they have to pay for.

How much better off would you be if the only things you had to pay for were your mortgage/rent and your utility bills and possibly food bills.

Trips, gym memberships, hair cuts, even meals out probably could be got for free.

All the extras you can literally beg from companies for a mention or two. Brilliant, no wonder there are hundreds of new bloggers emerging each week.

PR companies and marketing companies have always given away products etc in return for promotion but this is a new level and its made people so so greedy and promoting a false lifestyle which kids are wanting to achieve, no doubt shop lifting has increased as well!

PixelGirl

Post by PixelGirl »

"looking like freeloaders" they are freeloaders!

Muff_Puff
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Muff_Puff »

The door handles were FREE!

Although in her head they were "kindly provided"Image

LicenseToLurk

Post by LicenseToLurk »

She doth protest too much, Pixel! The panic is setting in!

Muff_Puff
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Muff_Puff »

I see she's trying to use any word she can other than GIFTED.

"Farrow & Ball helped us paint the kitchen cabinets"

LicenseToLurk

Post by LicenseToLurk »

Muff_puff wrote:I see she's trying to use any word she can other than GIFTED.

Kindly provided.. what a crock of shi*

GeorgeePorgee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GeorgeePorgee »

Bring in the quotes....ImageImageImageImage

GeorgeePorgee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GeorgeePorgee »

ImageImageImage

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy »

PixelGirl wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:43 am
It looks as if you could do that Eggy

The ASOS Affiliate Program Offers
5% commission on every sale
30 day cookie period
Updated creative in industry standard sizes

I got that information from here, she talks about how to monetise your blog or online presence. https://herpaperroute.com/asos-affiliat ... m-details/

I think the reason that some of these "up and coming" influencers are worried about this is because they feel they are on a trajectory to wealth, they want to be the Lydia of tomorrow, and if the rug is being pulled out from under their feet, then they can see their future "careers" going down the toilet!
I think Asda should change the law and make mandatory to affiliate links display a popup "Warning - We have placed a cookie on your computer and for 30 days this person will get X commision on anything you buy from this website. Continue | Cancel" :tu:

Something like this will make me think twice if the "Influencer" that receives my commision has been actually helpful to me and Im fine to "tip" her for any purchase I make during that 30 days period.

Sometimes I click on one of those "afiliate links" to see how much a product cost. Or see any aditional information.

I won't click on any of a YouTubber link from now on :-x I don't remember when was the last time a YouTubber was helpful to me.

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy »

Muff_puff wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:11 am
I see she's trying to use any word she can other than GIFTED.

OMG :rofl: I think from all the influecers in the world, she is the one that affected this new rules the most. Shame this rule didn't came before her wedding. Can you imagine all her wedding photos with the hashtag #GIFTED :D

Return to “Lydia Millen”