Below Average Ikonns - Part 5

naomi104
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Below Average Ikonns - Part 5

Post by naomi104 »

I’m still laughing at the idea of the vow renewal. MeMe who chose not to wear a wedding ring and doesn’t do presents on special occasions to be unconventional but wants to have a vow renewal? Oh bitch please. The only reason she wants a vow renewal is so she could organise a Pinterest party and take lots of photos and videos for social media to show your new nouveau riche status because your wedding was tacky and cheap looking AF. She’s pushing the idea so hard whereas Alex looks so uninterested. Another sign of marital problem. I noticed they’re spending even more time together so Alexa is sent back to nursery to be out of their way. I wouldn’t be surprised if Alex cheated. Not saying I know that he did or anything. It’s just MeMe coming across so desperate lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

chefigata wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:49 am
Yes, always the awkward wave and obligatory "love you!". Everything has to be recorded and posted on IG. I'm sure Mimi is trying to get him to be more comfortable when she puts him on the spot unexpectedly because her way is the right way. Just like she changed him to become more comfortable to dance in public and show PDA. Mimi doesn't respect anyone's boundaries, because she knows what's best for everyone.
Instead of cultivating their own personalities, they seem to thrive on being the same... Alex was pointing out they took the picture of the same house... They take pictures of everything so the odds are they are going to have matching pictures. They already have matching stories.
But I noticed it in the podcast too, they love it and point out when they are thinking the same thing... "you are reading my mind again", "oh, were you going to say the same thing as well"... ah, they are so in sync, so alike, that they even think the same thoughts. Such independent, emotionally healthy individuals. NOT.
It's pathological for her at this point, she isn't saying 'Love yeww' for Alex to hear, it's for everyone else. I thought she was giving Alexa a break from the over exposure perhaps from reading here, but nopeee she has to get filming her again as soon as she's in a Tutu cause she can't help herself. I feel for Alexa being so aware of her own image from the get-go, childhood used to be a magical place where you weren't concerned with any of that shit (if you were so lucky). I honestly don't remember mirror gazing until I was a teen cause I was too busy playing when I was a child. I remember early puberty hitting and thinking 'holy shit, I've got tits' lol because I so infrequently checked myself out. This kid is looking at her reflection in OVENS and asking for selfies at 2.5 :(

I wonder why she was quiet before? Perhaps seeing a psychologist for her burnout?

It creeps me out that she reads here. They probably justify it by saying " we need to know what is being said negatively about our brand " but if we are all such mean, judgmental, bullshitters, then there's nothing to worry about then? It's disingenuous (as usual) to say she avoids all negativity then actively come to a thread that is for people to address things they don't like about you, which by the way doesn't make us 'mean' people. It makes us opinionated observers. They have a public persona, I came across it, followed it for a bit, then decided to reject it and actually find guru gossip by typing in something like 'Mimi Ikonn not nice' or something like that because you would never know others feel like this from the exclusive adoration they receive on their page. It's reassuring to know that some others come to the same conclusions, and I think there's a lot of perceptive commentary on here based on their actions and behavior - she so knows it too.

Post by Guest »

Also peeps - I watched 'Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief' last night (on the film site Mubi you get a 7 day free trial and can delete after you've watched if you just want to see that) it was captivating. If you find the Cons funny and infuriating, you need to watch it. You can 100% see them being leaders in one of these organisations and it addresses that defensive, isolating from the outside world technique that they use too. (sorry if anyone is a Scientologist but it is a must watch if anyone's not seen it and interested in cult like figures and followers).

Debug
Talker
Talker

Post by Debug »

But I can’t understand why 2 year old kid would have private ballet lessons at home. Why she can’t be with other kids, see their behaviour in front of mirrors , have some connections, etc. If there are no ballet lessons around, then any thing would do for such small kid. Its not like she is becoming ballerina.

qwerty888
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by qwerty888 »

I actually don't get that too. There is zero need to pay for private lessons for a toddler who won't even remember them, to be honest. Are normal classes not good enough for Alexa? *eyeroll*

qwerty888
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by qwerty888 »

Also, I think Mimi and Alex are going to Marrakech next. I saw that she's following a luxury hotel there (https://instagram.com/elfennmarrakech) and you know it would be a great backdrop for all the insta pics. It's just a guess, but I'm thinking they're planning on going there. They've been reading here. ;)

Debug
Talker
Talker

Post by Debug »

I wonder how they would cope with Marrakech. Probably sit in their hotel, have carefully selected westernised foods and go to couple tourist spots for pics. Then tick the box that they have been in Marrakech.

blue_violet
Informer
Informer

Post by blue_violet »

What happened to Mimi's promise to be more real and raw and show the ugliness too? it's like she had those 5 minutes of lucidity post mental breakdown and then shut it out and went along as if nothing happened.
I wish she'd make a video about her 'burnout' and how influencers are pressured into unattainable standards, not to mind her business, but to see her shed some light on the other side of the coin. She probably won't, but that would make me gain a 5% of respect for her back.

Gatto18
Talker
Talker

Post by Gatto18 »

qwerty888 wrote:Also, I think Mimi and Alex are going to Marrakech next. I saw that she's following a luxury hotel there (https://instagram.com/elfennmarrakech) and you know it would be a great backdrop for all the insta pics. It's just a guess, but I'm thinking they're planning on going there. They've been reading here. ;)
I’m glad we inspired change, maybe.

chefigata
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by chefigata »

blue_violet wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 3:32 am
What happened to Mimi's promise to be more real and raw and show the ugliness too? it's like she had those 5 minutes of lucidity post mental breakdown and then shut it out and went along as if nothing happened.
I wish she'd make a video about her 'burnout' and how influencers are pressured into unattainable standards, not to mind her business, but to see her shed some light on the other side of the coin. She probably won't, but that would make me gain a 5% of respect for her back.
Disappeared somewhere, along with Mimi's New Year resolution to buy more vintage clothes instead of fast fashion.

chefigata
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by chefigata »

Such a seamless transition from showing the view to advertising about the podcast. Alex with those round glasses is the WORST view.
Alex faking interest and enthusiasm in the background of Mimi's story... ugh. MeMe will often say about the new podcast - this one is actually really cool. What were the others, boring and a waste of time? Well, yes!
Also, how many of those white, bohemian tops can one person buy?!

Post by Guest »

I'm listening to the latest podcast - it's gold, worth a laugh. Other stuff can't stomach but there are endless soundbites of stupidity within this one. Actually feel a bit sorry for them with how genuinely excited they are by this BS they think they've got figured, they need an education so badly.

Please, you have money - go! Run to a university, fast!!!! It's actually very topical, you could debate with others about gender theories, whoops I mean energies. Even The School of Life if you wanna do philosophy, learn from actual philosophers you looney tunes, you ain't Socrates.

I'm gonna generalise some of my own characteristics, put them into 4 or maybe 5 types and then write a book just for kicks too, and through my own bias I'm gonna go out there and put everyone else into these categories too and insist that my truth, well, is the universal truth. Always. Mememememe.

What's also scary is Mimi is using this 'masculine' energy to justify why she doesn't want to open up or 'keeps her guard' up. Great, go tell a therapist that you find it hard to open because of your 'masculine energy' and then......well.........work on that right there.

chefigata
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by chefigata »

They probably decided to do this podcast after that Leyla's-husband-is-hot-Alex-is-not comment. According to Mimi, she is not attracted to athletic looking people at all. She has always liked nerdy guys with glasses, that's her type.

What happened with her preachy, condescending, "looks don't matter" lesson from her youtube comments. Didn't she say that it's about what's inside, and not about what people look like. Second, Alex looked a lot different when they first started dating, he was definitely working out and taking care of himself more. It all sounds like sour grapes to me, she's stuck with an unattractive guy but all of a sudden, that's her type.

Out of few combinations of energy that are possible according to her, her and Alex's combination of energy is THE BEST, and results in the the most effortless relationship. Of course it is! Everything Mimi and Alex do is the best.
They think they have everything and everyone figured out. As if you can take the entire population, and all the factors that influence human relationships and divide it neatly into 4 categories. They are so delusional. Also, "bingo theory" is such a dumb title.

Post by Guest »

chefigata wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 2:02 pm
They probably decided to do this podcast after that Leyla's-husband-is-hot-Alex-is-not comment. According to Mimi, she is not attracted to athletic looking people at all. She has always liked nerdy guys with glasses, that's her type.

What happened with her preachy, condescending, "looks don't matter" lesson from her youtube comments. Didn't she say that it's about what's inside, and not about what people look like. Second, Alex looked a lot different when they first started dating, he was definitely working out and taking care of himself more. It all sounds like sour grapes to me, she's stuck with an unattractive guy but all of a sudden, that's her type.

Out of few combinations of energy that are possible according to her, her and Alex's combination of energy is THE BEST, and results in the the most effortless relationship. Of course it is! Everything Mimi and Alex do is the best.
They think they have everything and everyone figured out. As if you can take the entire population, and all the factors that influence human relationships and divide it neatly into 4 categories. They are so delusional. Also, "bingo theory" is such a dumb title.
Exactly, Mimi's theoretical epiphany literally arose out of her own recognition of her 'perfect' relationship. In that case she should have just done her case studies on some of her LGBT friends because, as if it wasn't hard enough reckoning with outdated stereotypes and prejudices against you - they are real heroes in her book for balancing all of that masculine/feminine. It's so cliche it really is offensive. She also does a massive disclaimer at the end like "oh btw, I know this has all been said before, and could even be translated to just be taking about the different sides of the brain (actual science, that they normally reject) so just take all I'm saying with a pinch of salt, because I know I'm bullshitting because I like the sound of my own voice too - but, trust me: buy my book, kerching kerching kerching ---->>> positano!

Also - I looked up their love hair website and all of the reviews say 'verified shopper' but are 100% written buy a copywriter (it's too articulate for them, but if it was Alex I'm semi impressed he typed all those coherent sentences). That reallyyyy disappointed me because I actually thought they did business the transparent, overpriced, sleazy way but not literally invent fake reviews, made to appear real, to the misinformed consumer (in their case 'beautiful friends'), to scam them out of money that maybe they should have been hesitant about spending (maybe not) but now won't be because they are reading something that has been written intentionally to dupe them.

It's not even advertising, it's pure scamming to have fake reviews that are made to appear real on your website. There is no way they were real, maybe one or two from influencers but the majority hit perfectly on everything they wanted to positively convey about their product, any negatives all so inconsequential they weren't afraid to write back 'taking it on board' (we know they don't do that ordinarily) even the coconut one had fake reviews from a person adamant that beauty grade is the real deal and she needed a pretty jar for it (lol lol lol) it was overtly fake. Also, they made sure to try and 'speak real' lifting common phrases from the beauty world, I know copy when I read it.

I can just hear them sitting around justifying it to themselves "people want to buy the product already, that's why their reading it" "people need to be inspired in the reviews, it's aspirational" "So here's the thing, the money comes back to us, and we are good people - who inspire millions of people, so we do more good through our false advertising". Offsetting their bad characters through more bad reasoning.

Ethically they cannot justify it at all. But, they make their own morality. I couldn't look in the mirror if I did something like that to 'my beautiful friends' but Mimi can't get enough of the mirror, so guess she just doesn't care.

qwerty888
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by qwerty888 »

Their latest interaction on Mimi's instastories.. oh god. Has Alex always acted this awkwardly? I really think there are issues in their relationship. He might even want to separate, but can't because Mimi is the instagram/YouTube moneymaker and making money and being "perfect"/better than others is their only goal in life.

Penguins1
Learner
Learner

Post by Penguins1 »

They’ve been to Marrakech.. years ago .. the vlog is on their channel called Lost in Morocco and the comments are pretty great. Outside the comfort of their villas didn’t seem like they enjoyed themselves seeing as it didn’t fit their boring beach vibe . They said the call to prayer being broadcasted throughout the city was overwhelming and scary and people were pretty pissed in the comments. They definitely were out of their element

qwerty888
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by qwerty888 »

Oooh interesting! Yeah, I would think they would be feeling off there - Marrakech is not like it is on Instagram, it's definitely a totally different culture and can be hard to handle if you're not prepared for it.

blue_violet
Informer
Informer

Post by blue_violet »

Confirmed they're moving to LA next. She's been pinning spanish style houses on her instagram and so has Alex.Image

naomi104
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by naomi104 »

She pulls him in to give him a kiss. Everything she does is performing for the camera. Cringe. ImageImage

Everything they do now is definitely to bash our opinions that their marriage is in trouble. She brags about undivided time and attention when Alexa’s at nursery. Why did these two selfish imbecile even breed? I agree couples need alone time but they’re not ungrateful for the privileges of time and help they’re already getting. It’s a lot more than ordinary mums and dads get. If anything, they should spend less time together. Their relationship feels so suffocating.

naomi104
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by naomi104 »

naomi104 wrote:She pulls him in to give him a kiss. Everything she does is performing for the camera. Cringe. ImageImage

Everything they do now is definitely to bash our opinions that their marriage is in trouble. She brags about undivided time and attention when Alexa’s at nursery. Why did these two selfish imbecile even breed? I agree couples need alone time but they’re not ungrateful for the privileges of time and help they’re already getting. It’s a lot more than ordinary mums and dads get. If anything, they should spend less time together. Their relationship feels so suffocating.

I meant they’re ungrateful*

Return to “Mimi and Alex Ikonn”