The Lord of the Ring - Adobe Hobbit’s Big Fat Wedding Part 6

al218
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: The Lord of the Ring - Adobe Hobbit’s Big Fat Wedding Part 6

Post by al218 »

Doesn't Carol have anything to do with her life?

PowderGirl
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by PowderGirl »

Rosie34567 wrote:
You might not agree with me, but I really disagree with smaller brands making knock-offs of designer brands. It's stealing/plagiarism of creative property and making a profit off of someone else's designs.
Especially since those smaller brands (à la thefashiondollz, ellebelleattire etc.) just buy these knock offs from
Chinese sellers from Alibaba/Aliexpress. So it’s basically the same as buying a Fake Chanel bag from a sketchy fruit dealer in China town. Something I‘m sure, Amelia would never advertise.

al218
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by al218 »

what the eff are those barrettes??????? this is the worst jewelry collection and it makes me almost tempted to go and buy a Van Cleef piece in opposition.

Rosie34567
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by Rosie34567 »

wtf with all of her hauls and unboxings recently?? Didn't she just clean out her closet space at rob's apartment because she wanted to be more minimalist and only have the things she needs and actually wears? Lol, that lasted long. Clearly she just uses cleaning her closet as a way to hide her shopping addiction and as an excuse to fill it with more stuff. :roll:

liluen
Learner
Learner

Post by liluen »

al218 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 10:11 am
Carol is an unemployed house wife living off of her husband's/family's money. Dabbling in philanthropy because it's the fashionable thing to do and to socialize with other unemployed house wives. Imagine spending so much time on your hair and make up every day, you're too busy to continue your daytime activity (of being chair of whatever charity it was) and plan a wedding at the same time so you chose to give up the only remotely meaningful thing in your life.
I'm exaggerating of course, I don't know why she quit doing it and whatever else she's doing with her life besides being a trophy house wife. I just find her so incredibly dull and boring to listen to, she never says anything of substance. There is just no esprit, no spark, just mindless chatter.

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

As I was watching Vicky's vlog of Cannes I noticed that Lydia and Vicky have their partners to keep them company and take their pictures, but Rob is nowhere to be seen. I wonder what she will do once she is married. Keep on bringing her PA with her or stop going on those trips altogether?

I also noticed how selfish she is in the way she interacts with her PA Pia. When she needs her she is all buddy-buddy with her, but as soon as she sees Vicky or Lydia she drops her and poor Pia is forced to just stand there, waiting for her next order :?.

marakoojah_
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by marakoojah_ »

Iris1969 wrote:As I was watching Vicky's vlog of Cannes I noticed that Lydia and Vicky have their partners to keep them company and take their pictures, but Rob is nowhere to be seen. I wonder what she will do once she is married. Keep on bringing her PA with her or stop going on those trips altogether?

I also noticed how selfish she is in the way she interacts with her PA Pia. When she needs her she is all buddy-buddy with her, but as soon as she sees Vicky or Lydia she drops her and poor Pia is forced to just stand there, waiting for her next order :?.

to be fair rob has an actual job while lydia and vicky’s husband are their respective photographers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

al218
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by al218 »

Nordstrom is selling the same pearl hoop “designed” by “something navy.” 38 bucks. just saying.

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

marakoojah_ wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 10:26 am
Iris1969 wrote:As I was watching Vicky's vlog of Cannes I noticed that Lydia and Vicky have their partners to keep them company and take their pictures, but Rob is nowhere to be seen. I wonder what she will do once she is married. Keep on bringing her PA with her or stop going on those trips altogether?

to be fair rob has an actual job while lydia and vicky’s husband are their respective photographers
I know, but they used to have real jobs too (be it not as high profile as his) which they gave up to become their partner's assistant. Somehow I don't see Rob doing the same thing, so I think Amelia will the one to compromise and I wonder how she'll do it.

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

liluen wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 1:41 am
al218 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 10:11 am
Carol is an unemployed house wife living off of her husband's/family's money. Dabbling in philanthropy because it's the fashionable thing to do and to socialize with other unemployed house wives. Imagine spending so much time on your hair and make up every day, you're too busy to continue your daytime activity (of being chair of whatever charity it was) and plan a wedding at the same time so you chose to give up the only remotely meaningful thing in your life.
I'm exaggerating of course, I don't know why she quit doing it and whatever else she's doing with her life besides being a trophy house wife. I just find her so incredibly dull and boring to listen to, she never says anything of substance. There is just no esprit, no spark, just mindless chatter.
I read somewhere that Jewish mums can be very enmeshed in their children's lives, so it's probably quite normal in their circles that she is taking over her daughter's wedding planning the way she does, but I also feel a sadness coming from her, even when she pretends to be so happy and positive all the time.

So I agree with you 100%. It's like her meaningless empty life and her marriage with a domineering man who pays no attention to her at all has completely sucked the joy and spark out of her :-(.

Angeoudemon
Informer
Informer

Post by Angeoudemon »

Did Carol work in real estate? I remember Amelia mentioning it vaguely before..but I'm not sure.

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

al218 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 10:31 am
Nordstrom is selling the same pearl hoop “designed” by “something navy.” 38 bucks. just saying.

They're about $1.50 per pair on Ali Express - which is probably where most companies get them from https://www.aliexpress.com/popular/pear ... rings.html
Stay home, stay safe & keep healthy <3

al218
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by al218 »

^ good eye

peasoup
Informer
Informer

Post by peasoup »

All the dress shopping is so boring. Who gives a shit.Do we think THTH is giving her free dresses?

eastsidebabe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by eastsidebabe »

notsosilly10 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 11:46 am
I do have to say that the Elie Saab dress that she was trying while at the stairs. Which was sort of a ball gown but was simple it looked beautiful on her.

Does anyone know the cost of a Elie Saab wedding dress in london? It probably cost a lot money
Here's an article about an Elie Saab dress that was $20,000 US. I bet he starts around $10,000 and goes up and up from there.

https://www.brides.com/story/rose-lesli ... ress-price

socialbeauty
Informer
Informer

Post by socialbeauty »

Iris1969 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 11:16 pm
marakoojah_ wrote:

I know, but they used to have real jobs too (be it not as high profile as his) which they gave up to become their partner's assistant. Somehow I don't see Rob doing the same thing, so I think Amelia will the one to compromise and I wonder how she'll do it.
Honestly, whenever youtuber's bf/husbands start working with them, it's just for the travel/free money. Their relationships also don't tend to last long. I like that Rob does his thing and Amelia does hers. They both can also easily afford to travel wherever they want to be without Rob's existence being an instagram husband.

This will probably sound mean, but that's what Pia's job is...she's Amelia's assistant. Amelia isn't supposed to entertain Pia or keep her company. Pia is free to do whatever she wants until Amelia needs something. Amelia's on those trips to show the product, network, show us how the rich live lol, etc

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

socialbeauty wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 11:44 pm
Iris1969 wrote:
marakoojah_ wrote:

Honestly, whenever youtuber's bf/husbands start working with them, it's just for the travel/free money. Their relationships also don't tend to last long. I like that Rob does his thing and Amelia does hers. They both can also easily afford to travel wherever they want to be without Rob's existence being an instagram husband.

This will probably sound mean, but that's what Pia's job is...she's Amelia's assistant. Amelia isn't supposed to entertain Pia or keep her company. Pia is free to do whatever she wants until Amelia needs something. Amelia's on those trips to show the product, network, show us how the rich live lol, etc
I don't think Rob will allow her to do her own thing after they are married like Mike does with Fleur, so I think she will eventually give up going to all these press trips with other young single influencers, because that isn't what married women are supposed to do in their circles. It'll probably be just like when her mum gave up everything for her dad after she married him.

And Pia may be her assistant but she is also a human being with feelings and not a slave, but judging from some of her vlogs Amelia often treats her like one when she just leaves her standing there without a second thought when she spots Vicky or another influencer. And Pia isn't free to do whatever she wants at those moments at all, because she is basically at Amelia's beck and call 24/7 during those trips. I feel sorry for her when I see her being treated in such a thoughtless self centered way by Amelia :?.

VanessaVanity
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by VanessaVanity »

socialbeauty wrote:
Iris1969 wrote:
marakoojah_ wrote:

I agree. Pia is being employed and paid to do a job, and even if it's basically to be at Amelia's beck and call so be it if that's what the job entails. She just needs to do it professionally. If Pia doesn't like it she's free to quit and let Amelia hire someone else. I think it would be inappropriate for Amelia to hire a good friend to do this job, anyway, I'm sure at times Amelia has to be a boss and she might speak harshly, etc, as all bosses do. Sometimes you can't mix work and friendship, much less be a boss figure to a friend.
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

VanessaVanity wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 6:59 am
socialbeauty wrote:
Iris1969 wrote:
marakoojah_ wrote:

I agree. Pia is being employed and paid to do a job, and even if it's basically to be at Amelia's beck and call so be it if that's what the job entails. She just needs to do it professionally. If Pia doesn't like it she's free to quit and let Amelia hire someone else. I think it would be inappropriate for Amelia to hire a good friend to do this job, anyway, I'm sure at times Amelia has to be a boss and she might speak harshly, etc, as all bosses do. Sometimes you can't mix work and friendship, much less be a boss figure to a friend.
I'm not taking about Amelia acting as a boss, because she isn't acting professionally towards Pia at all. She doesn't need an assistant during these trips as everything is taken care of by the brand that is hiring her. She's just afraid to be alone in unknown situations as she is a spoilt immature little princess that has always led a very sheltered life, so she brings Pia with her to keep her company.

Pia then has to pretend to be her friend and laugh at all her jokes, but as soon as Amelia doesn't need her she has to pretend to be invisible until Amelia needs her again. That is a very weird boss/fake friendship situation that is very unhealthy and rather unfair towards Pia imo, even when she is paid to be her assistant.

VanessaVanity
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by VanessaVanity »

What exactly IS Pia's job description? Do any of us actually know what her duties entail, and what tasks Amelia is paying her for? I thought a large part of it was PA duties, and doing some of the filming of Amelia for her Social Medias, in which case she would need her on that trip, of course. But regardless I don't get friendship vibes when I see them-fake or real. I think they're acting "friendly", and have a laugh here and there since they work closely together, but essentially they're not pals. Maybe "keeping her company" actually is an agreed upon duty? Not saying that would be my style-even if I were rich-but it's not unprofessional to expect someone you hire to do their job.
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

Return to “Amelia Liana”