The Lord of the Ring - Adobe Hobbit’s Big Fat Wedding Part 6

Ahillonwhichtodie
Stalker
Stalker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The Lord of the Ring - Adobe Hobbit’s Big Fat Wedding Part 6

Post by Ahillonwhichtodie »

Mother-effing hell. I never thought I would register for an account for one of these sites but she’s driven me to it.

Her account (it no longer feels like a person but a marketing juggernaut) is so utterly reductive. She, and her strange screechy friends, only consider themselves to be defined by marriage, to be owned by their prospective husbands. They are utterly validated by their ‘marketability’ in terms of marriage and it’s like watching the effing Bennett sisters.

Those engaged earrings paralyse me with rage, and the comment on her latest post about being born to be married. What in Madonna’s name are these women doing? Is it not possible to exist as a woman without measuring yourself against a man and marriage. They are the absolute nemesis of feminism and I can only watch from behind my hands.

starlight7
Informer
Informer

Post by starlight7 »

What even is that 45 min wedding dress vlog? I haven't watched the whole thing but I don't believe she is actually trying to find a dress but is trying on random pompous dresses for content. In her France vlog she said she got a sketch for a dress sent so it looks like she is having one custom made as I suspected from the beginning. What the actual fork is she doing? Is she planning on multiple dresses and just shops around to fill her time?

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

Ahillonwhichtodie wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 3:44 am
Mother-effing hell. I never thought I would register for an account for one of these sites but she’s driven me to it.

Her account (it no longer feels like a person but a marketing juggernaut) is so utterly reductive. She, and her strange screechy friends, only consider themselves to be defined by marriage, to be owned by their prospective husbands. They are utterly validated by their ‘marketability’ in terms of marriage and it’s like watching the effing Bennett sisters.

Those engaged earrings paralyse me with rage, and the comment on her latest post about being born to be married. What in Madonna’s name are these women doing? Is it not possible to exist as a woman without measuring yourself against a man and marriage. They are the absolute nemesis of feminism and I can only watch from behind my hands.
Yep her Insta story about her friend joining their little cult pushed me over the edge too!

starlight7
Informer
Informer

Re: The Lord of the Ring - Adobe Hobbit’s Big Fat Wedding

Post by starlight7 »

So she just switches to trying on dresses in Tel Aviv and doesn't even mention she's in a different city. :rofl:

This girl is ridiculous, the Isreali wedding dress designers are world renowed, it's not like people would give her shit about it. She mentions every single trip she goes to but when it comes to Israel it's crickets...

secretsss
Learner
Learner

Post by secretsss »

starlight7 wrote:So she just switches to trying on dresses in Tel Aviv and doesn't even mention she's in a different city. :rofl:

This girl is ridiculous, the Isreali wedding dress designers are world renowed, it's not like people would give her shit about it. She mentions every single trip she goes to but when it comes to Israel it's crickets...
It’s the controversy that surrounds it, Ive seen people post being there and all the comments are literally free Palestine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pixiebel81
Learner
Learner

Post by Pixiebel81 »

I normally hate it when parents interfere in weddings but in this case I hope to god they ban her from wearing a fucking see through dress

drasticactions
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by drasticactions »

I at least appreciate her doing the wedding dress vlogs and actually showing dresses. But at least when she does wedding dress vlogs, it is a real vlog, I don't really care if she's getting something designed I usually like seeing all the different expensive dresses people like Amelia can afford. Better than inthefrow who just mentions it and shows absolutely nothing (and she's going to have four dresses apparently) in her vlogs (which I'm sure are all free).

The hen weekend friend's insta info section is just MRS2B, and that kind of attitude grosses me out. There should be more to life than getting married.

nitrina
Learner
Learner

Post by nitrina »

Pixiebel81 wrote:I normally hate it when parents interfere in weddings but in this case I hope to god they ban her from wearing a fucking see through dress
I think the see through ones are the ones she would wear, but since its her parents wedding she will go for something thick and voluminous made by worldwide known designer.

After Saab fitting she said she found one really out of her comfort zone (bling ruffly see through and cleavagey) so it will be more classic for sure.

I just hope it won’t swallow her tiny frame.

Because the Saab ones she tried totally overwear her.

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

drasticactions wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 9:43 am
I at least appreciate her doing the wedding dress vlogs and actually showing dresses. But at least when she does wedding dress vlogs, it is a real vlog, I don't really care if she's getting something designed I usually like seeing all the different expensive dresses people like Amelia can afford. Better than inthefrow who just mentions it and shows absolutely nothing (and she's going to have four dresses apparently) in her vlogs (which I'm sure are all free).

The hen weekend friend's insta info section is just MRS2B, and that kind of attitude grosses me out. There should be more to life than getting married.
But it isn't a real vlog at all!

She's only showing what she will never consider wearing IRL. It's all just to create content on her YT-channel. I don't like Vicky very much, but at least she isn't showing fake options like Amelia does.

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

nitrina wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 10:09 am
Pixiebel81 wrote:I normally hate it when parents interfere in weddings but in this case I hope to god they ban her from wearing a fucking see through dress
I think the see through ones are the ones she would wear, but since its her parents wedding she will go for something thick and voluminous made by worldwide known designer.

After Saab fitting she said she found one really out of her comfort zone (bling ruffly see through and cleavagey) so it will be more classic for sure.

I just hope it won’t swallow her tiny frame.

Because the Saab ones she tried totally overwear her.

I find it very interesting to see that she prefers a clothing, hair and make up-style that lots of fashionable Middle Eastern girls seem to like and that Western people often consider to be too blingy, ruffly and tacky, while her mum's and granny's style is so modest and classic. I wonder when she'll give in to the pressure to conform to their beauty standard and will joint the army of Stepford wives for good :?.

nitrina
Learner
Learner

Post by nitrina »

After the wedding there will be less and less whimsical outfits and more stepford chic for sure.

She will slowly organize a charity event and start the baby frenzy.

bad_wolf
Informer
Informer

Post by bad_wolf »

i figured out what bugs me so much about her. she's so like, "twee" in her videos lmao. like when she was showing her necklace and was like don't worry im not flashing you like no one... thought you were??????? she tries to come across as really prudish etc it's weird

drasticactions
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by drasticactions »

Iris1969 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 10:10 am
drasticactions wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 9:43 am

But it isn't a real vlog at all!

She's only showing what she will never consider wearing IRL. It's all just to create content on her YT-channel. I don't like Vicky very much, but at least she isn't showing fake options like Amelia does.
That is a good point, she is only showing dresses she wouldn't pick, and I know none of those dresses will be the one she wears. I like the out there dresses and I find that a lot more entertaining than Vicky gushing about her wedding but not showing anything. I guess it comes down to what is more authentic and preferences. I don't mind the inauthentic videos, I didn't mind when LEM showed all those dresses that she wasn't considering either. I guess my beef is when the wedding gets mentioned but we know nothing , like why bother mentioning it? I feel like even if it is fake it is more engaging for the viewer to feel like they are seeing a behind the scenes look. Maybe if I liked these girls for their personalities I wouldn't be so annoyed. I mean normally I hate when people show fake stuff or stuff they don't use or wear, but for weddings I don't mind. But I honestly just like watching people try on fancy dresses (wedding , prom etc)

saysorry1
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by saysorry1 »

The second to last dress she showed in the video is probably the style she's going to choose for her wedding day. They didn't show it up close and it was the only dress that has been very different compared to all of her other ones - a solid ivory dress with no sparkles, lace, or flowers all over it. With all of the flower applique dresses she showed were beautiful but I can't imagine her choosing those in the end since I feel like she showed every version there is of those dresses lol.

I would bet that her dress will be off the shoulder and dramatic, most likely without any frills and a mega long veil. Then she'll switch to a mermaid dress for the reception that's all sparkly/flowery and a bit sexy.

notsosilly10
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by notsosilly10 »

OMG she is a serial wedding dress shopper lol

How many dresses is she going to try? I think she has tried all of the existing types already.

I do not like when someone try that many wedding dresses as it feels like she is not taking it seriously and that the excitement is gone already.

notsosilly10
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by notsosilly10 »

I do have to say that the Elie Saab dress that she was trying while at the stairs. Which was sort of a ball gown but was simple it looked beautiful on her.

Does anyone know the cost of a Elie Saab wedding dress in london? It probably cost a lot money

Rosie34567
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567 »

Hilarious how she thinks she's being relatable by making a "dupes of my most worn luxury items" video. Aka, "here's the peasant version" :roll: Why don't you just show us affordable clothes that aren't knock offs?

You might not agree with me, but I really disagree with smaller brands making knock-offs of designer brands. It's stealing/plagiarism of creative property and making a profit off of someone else's designs.

Yes, these mega-wealthy brands that they're stealing from probably are not financially suffering as a result, but just because you can't afford something doesn't give you the right to obtain it anyway through morally-questionable methods. It's not any different from copying a painting or plagiarizing someone's essay. Being "inspired" by something is very different from blatantly stealing another designer's designs. For example, it wasn't ok when a large brand like Zara stole an indie artist's designs, so why is it ok for indie/smaller brands to steal from larger companies? Idk, I just find the whole knock-off industry kind of gross.

notsosilly10
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by notsosilly10 »

Rosie34567 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 3:09 pm
Hilarious how she thinks she's being relatable by making a "dupes of my most worn luxury items" video. Aka, "here's the peasant version" :roll: Why don't you just show us affordable clothes that aren't knock offs?

You might not agree with me, but I really disagree with smaller brands making knock-offs of designer brands. It's stealing/plagiarism of creative property and making a profit off of someone else's designs.

Yes, these mega-wealthy brands that they're stealing from probably are not financially suffering as a result, but just because you can't afford something doesn't give you the right to obtain it anyway through morally-questionable methods. It's not any different from copying a painting or plagiarizing someone's essay. Being "inspired" by something is very different from blatantly stealing another designer's designs. For example, it wasn't ok when a large brand like Zara stole an indie artist's designs, so why is it ok for indie/smaller brands to steal from larger companies? Idk, I just find the whole knock-off industry kind of gross.
I agree with you! She has so many Zimmermann dresses but she still goes and buy "dupes".

That white dress is not a dupe is literally a copy of the zimmermann, it is exactly the same and the reason she bought it was because it is the same as the zimmermann one.

Post by Guest »

Great if she wants to show her viewers 'copies' of her designer stuff. Some people are happy with buying knock offs but the thing that annoys me the most is why is she repeatedly saying she prefers the dupes to her designer versions? I

f that is true why is she continuously buying more Self Portrait and Zimmerman etc? Why not sell the designer pieces and keep the dupes?
Oh yeah because you'll say anything/lie to make ££ from affiliate links..

saurusofha
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by saurusofha »

notsosilly10 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 11:44 am
OMG she is a serial wedding dress shopper lol

How many dresses is she going to try? I think she has tried all of the existing types already.

I do not like when someone try that many wedding dresses as it feels like she is not taking it seriously and that the excitement is gone already.
I think at this point it's pretty obvious that she's doing it just to show the names of the brands/designers. Prob easy money and 'shopping fun' for her to inspire the custom designed dress she was going to have all along anyway. It was like when she kept showing those luxury homes with the real estate guy - those were all just easy ads, it's not like she was going to live in any of them.

Return to “Amelia Liana”