CatpissInABasket presents: HomeAlone w the MoneyGrabbers#31

gossipy locks
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: CatpissInABasket presents: HomeAlone w the MoneyGrabbers

Post by gossipy locks »

happyforest wrote:I agree that having shit parents is ZERO excuse. I know so many people that have risen above the abominable behavior of their parents. Not all children of abusers are abusive. Not all children of narcissists are wankers. Not all children of nice people are nice people.

Self awareness is not mutually exclusive with a perfect childhood.

Lydia is a twat all on her own. I'm not going to blame her mother for her vileness. Her dad upgraded to a younger, prettier woman and left his kids in the dust of poverty of a single mum household. But her mom's a jerk? Ya, right. I think if Lydia had been provably abused as a child by her mother, we'd all know about it. All she does is come up with poverty as the hardship of her youth, and it's tone deaf considering the majority of people are far worse off than Silly Sausage Lydia was as a child.
You hit the nail on the head with this. You would think that seeing her own mother dumped, and being dumped herself in a way, would make her more negative against her father if nothing else. We have seen zero negative feelings from her towards him while she regularly makes negative statements about her mother. So where did this hostility towards her mom come from when she was the one that was left as a single mom? It is a perfect example of her narcissistic lack of empathy, although I guess it depends on the circumstances behind the split. Either the mom was awful in any number of ways which drove her father away - in which case, I could see why Lydia blames her but there are still things that reflect negatively on the dad. Such as, why would her father leave the kids in that home or why wouldn't he provide support so that conditions in the home were more comfortable? The way Lydia describes it makes it sound like she grew up in poverty with her mom which always makes me wonder why her dad didn't do more for them. Of course it's likely that things weren't bad at all and that Lydia is exaggerating because they just weren't as "luxe" as she wanted. The only other option I can think of is that it really is all about the material things. So Lydia has nothing negative to say about her dad because of the lifestyle he lives and the things he owns and the only thing she has against her mother is that she isn't rich. Either way, she needs to sort herself out because what she's doing now makes her look like an awful, ungrateful brat (worse than usual :rofl: )

june+ping
Informer
Informer

Post by june+ping »

gossipy locks wrote:
happyforest wrote:I agree that having shit parents is ZERO excuse. I know so many people that have risen above the abominable behavior of their parents. Not all children of abusers are abusive. Not all children of narcissists are wankers. Not all children of nice people are nice people.

Lydia is a twat all on her own. I'm not going to blame her mother for her vileness. Her dad upgraded to a younger, prettier woman and left his kids in the dust of poverty of a single mum household. But her mom's a jerk? Ya, right. I think if Lydia had been provably abused as a child by her mother, we'd all know about it. All she does is come up with poverty as the hardship of her youth, and it's tone deaf considering the majority of people are far worse off than Silly Sausage Lydia was as a child.
You hit the nail on the head with this. You would think that seeing her own mother dumped, and being dumped herself in a way, would make her more negative against her father if nothing else. We have seen zero negative feelings from her towards him while she regularly makes negative statements about her mother. So where did this hostility towards her mom come from when she was the one that was left as a single mom? It is a perfect example of her narcissistic lack of empathy, although I guess it depends on the circumstances behind the split. Either the mom was awful in any number of ways which drove her father away - in which case, I could see why Lydia blames her but there are still things that reflect negatively on the dad. Such as, why would her father leave the kids in that home or why wouldn't he provide support so that conditions in the home were more comfortable? The way Lydia describes it makes it sound like she grew up in poverty with her mom which always makes me wonder why her dad didn't do more for them. Of course it's likely that things weren't bad at all and that Lydia is exaggerating because they just weren't as "luxe" as she wanted. The only other option I can think of is that it really is all about the material things. So Lydia has nothing negative to say about her dad because of the lifestyle he lives and the things he owns and the only thing she has against her mother is that she isn't rich. Either way, she needs to sort herself out because what she's doing now makes her look like an awful, ungrateful brat (worse than usual :rofl: )
the fact that she lies all the time and i just can't keep track of her lies.....in her younger days she really dressed hookerish to me. and i just don't get for her dad's family as rich as she said it was, how come they didn't provide her with better environment? why she was left to "suffer" with her mother?? i don't know.....she's weird.

Hunevoque
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Hunevoque »

june+ping wrote:
gossipy locks wrote:

the fact that she lies all the time and i just can't keep track of her lies.....in her younger days she really dressed hookerish to me. and i just don't get for her dad's family as rich as she said it was, how come they didn't provide her with better environment? why she was left to "suffer" with her mother?? i don't know.....she's weird.
For me it is all pure rubish, she thinks that pretending that she comes from poverty is « relatable » and that it is an excuse for today’s grabby attitude, I lacked so now I over compensate. I also believe she is ashamed ofher mother, who isn’t good looking, doesn’t have a model’s figure and works in a supermarket, if her mum had been a stunner, or had an amazing job the story would be different.(let’s not forget that lidl believes she is Cindy Crawford, Megan Markle, Victoria Beckham and mother Mary all in one)A bit like when you are growing up and your parents don’t quite fit the image you have given, well the you invent stories about them. We all know that up in her little brain she is as mature as a 15 year old.

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

Hunevoque wrote:
june+ping wrote:
gossipy locks wrote:

For me it is all pure rubish, she thinks that pretending that she comes from poverty is « relatable » and that it is an excuse for today’s grabby attitude, I lacked so now I over compensate. I also believe she is ashamed ofher mother, who isn’t good looking, doesn’t have a model’s figure and works in a supermarket, if her mum had been a stunner, or had an amazing job the story would be different.(let’s not forget that lidl believes she is Cindy Crawford, Megan Markle, Victoria Beckham and mother Mary all in one)A bit like when you are growing up and your parents don’t quite fit the image you have given, well the you invent stories about them. We all know that up in her little brain she is as mature as a 15 year old.
I think her father probably is an overt narcissist who didn’t care about his ex wife or his children at all and left them for a prettier picture and that Lydia somehow has chosen to look up to him when she was young and from that moment started to despise her mother and her “poor” upbringing.

If her mother was not a narcissist herself but a emotionally healty woman she truly is the victim here, because then she wasn’t only dumped by her husband but also lost her daughter to narcissism and she was probably very hurt by it all.

However it is also possible that her mother was a (covert) narcissist as well and that Lydia was neclected as a child by her. I just don’t know what the truth is and I don’t want to be as guilible as a lot of people who believe things by the way they look at first glance.

beahunny
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by beahunny »

I really don't care about her childhood and any alleged trauma that did or did not happen. Everyone's relationships with their parents are almost always a complicated thing with many layers. Lydia's channel isn't about overcoming childhood issues nor it is about therapy and dealing with complicated parents nor abuse. If she wants to approach those topics, she needs to seek a LOT of education and probably therapy to even begin to have meaningful discussions.

Until then, they are hot topics she conveniently trots out to garner superficial relevancy, shallow sympathy and cheap views between shots of her latest shopping trip for baskets and shlepping out whatever products that have been thrown at her this week to advertise.

tldr; Lydia is still an asshole regardless of whatever happened to her as a child. I don't care about her childhood because she makes ZERO EFFORT as usual to construct meaningful dialogue about it and makes ZERO EFFORT to find ways to help herself or others overcome it.

starviolet
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by starviolet »

Plenty of people have had terrible childhoods with bad parents but didn’t turn into arseholes and narcissists. She’s both of those things regardless of her upbringing, not because of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muff_Puff
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Muff_Puff »

Did her brother grow up in the same house as her?

I assume he turned out ok. He didn't seem to end up in Ibiza dancing in a thong or selling his soul on Youtube.

He got a good job (Architect I think) and built his own house.

If she wanted a big house so much, why didn't she ask him to design her one and build it?

On the other hand, perhaps both of them suffered when they were children and now they feel they have something to prove. That's why they want to get the best/most expensive in everything they buy.
(Or build in her Brother's case)

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

june+ping
Informer
Informer

Post by june+ping »

Muff_puff wrote:Did her brother grow up in the same house as her?

I assume he turned out ok. He didn't seem to end up in Ibiza dancing in a thong or selling his soul on Youtube.

If she wanted a big house so much, why didn't she ask him to design her one and build it?

On the other hand, perhaps both of them suffered when they were children and now they feel they have something to prove. That's why they want to get the best/most expensive in everything they buy.

building a new house is much more expensive...the connection of the utility lines (the longer the more money), the foundation and waterproofing can easily drive up the cost, plus all that molding windows....it's not cheap...and def cost way more than 500K....i would say 1.5M min. just for the construction (those soft cost like decoration are not included) and other misc cost, architect fee should be in the 5 digit zone or less if her brother helps if he's an architect and stamp the drawings for her.
anyway....i still think she should've hired an interior designer or decorator to help her. now it just looks messy.....

beahunny
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by beahunny »

Muff_puff wrote:Spot on about accumulating a load of crap. Have you seen Lucy Jessica Carter's house? Omg, it's sooooo cluttered. I feel claustrophobic if I watch her vlogs.
Jiminy Cricket you aren't joking with that one! EVERY. SURFACE. STACKED. FULL. OF. CRAP. It's like she sees a square inch of free space somewhere and has an absolute panic about running to the nearest TKMaxx to find more fake flowers to stuff in that spot.

Happywifehappylife
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Happywifehappylife »

june+ping wrote:
Muff_puff wrote:Did her brother grow up in the same house as her?

building a new house is much more expensive...the connection of the utility lines (the longer the more money), the foundation and waterproofing can easily drive up the cost, plus all that molding windows....it's not cheap...and def cost way more than 500K....i would say 1.5M min. just for the construction (those soft cost like decoration are not included) and other misc cost, architect fee should be in the 5 digit zone or less if her brother helps if he's an architect and stamp the drawings for her.
anyway....i still think she should've hired an interior designer or decorator to help her. now it just looks messy.....
But she bought that house for over 1.25 million...so she could have got one built.

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

starviolet wrote:Plenty of people have had terrible childhoods with bad parents but didn’t turn into arseholes and narcissists. She’s both of those things regardless of her upbringing, not because of them.

This just isn’t true.

Narcissism is caused by your upbringing. Not all children become narcissists, but some do and that is a tragic fact.

Happywifehappylife
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Happywifehappylife »

Lets just say some of us agree to disagree about what causes NPD. Thats cool however you see it. But we can still all agree that Lidl is an asshole. Problem is she has people around her that are not even trying to guide her either way. They are simply enabling her to continue on the asshole route to nowhere. At some point most of these people will get fed up of her behaviour. If they dont then it is clear they also have problems of their own. In fact Im sure they do, which is exactly why they do stick around. If she does suffer from it and didnt get it from growing up then I would say her father pandered to that side of her and gave her everything and maybe her mother tried to help her by telling her what she was doing was wrong and thats where the bad vibes for her mother came from. Could be from a number of reasons really she is simply her own worse enemy and like we have all been saying. She does not learn from her mistakes but would rather throw a pity party for herself. That reflection tweet says it all really. Like one of you said, absolutely nothing about how anyone else has helped her grow as a person. Not even a mention of her own husband. So fucking bizarre!!

beahunny
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by beahunny »

Iris1969 wrote:
starviolet wrote:Plenty of people have had terrible childhoods with bad parents but didn’t turn into arseholes and narcissists. She’s both of those things regardless of her upbringing, not because of them.

This just isn’t true.

Narcissism is caused by your upbringing. Not all children become narcissists, but some do and that is a tragic fact.

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

beahunny wrote:
Iris1969 wrote:

This just isn’t true.

Yep, just google the causes of narcissism. It’s caused by your upbringing. Not all children get it, so there must be a genetic component too, as well as perhaps an already excisting personality that makes it easier for one child to develop it and stops another child from getting it.

I’m not defending Lydia or narcissists in general and sadly they can’t be helped by therapy yet, I just want people to understand what it is, so we are not fooled or hurt by them.

And if people don’t fall for their manipulations anymore because they recognize it, they won’t marry them and get childrn with them and that prefends a whole new generation of narcissists from being made.

beahunny
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by beahunny »

Iris1969 wrote:
beahunny wrote:
Iris1969 wrote:

This just isn’t true.

Yep, just google the causes of narcissism. It’s caused by your upbringing. Not all children get it, so there must be a genetic component too, as well as perhaps an already excisting personality that makes it easier for one child to develop it and stops another child from getting it.

I’m not defending Lydia or narcissists in general and sadly they can’t be helped by therapy yet, I just want people to understand what it is, so we are not fooled or hurt by them.

And if people don’t fall for their manipulations anymore because they recognize it, they won’t marry them and get childrn with them and that prefends a whole new generation of narcissists from being made.
The confusion comes from you stating that starviolet's statement is false and then immediately stating that you actually agree with starviolet. You are arguing against someone who actually agrees with you.

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

beahunny wrote:
Iris1969 wrote:
beahunny wrote:
Iris1969 wrote:

This just isn’t true.

The confusion comes from you stating that starviolet's statement is false and then immediately stating that you actually agree with starviolet. You are arguing against someone who actually agrees with you.
No she said that Lydia is a narcissist regardless of her upbringing and not because of it and I don’t agree with that.

Two emotionally health parents don’t create a narcissist out of nowhere (they could get a psycopath because they are born that way), so their (toxic) parenting style has a lot to do with it.

Lydia probably would not have turned out a narcissist in different circumstances. Someone (probably one or both of her parents) made her that way (and she was subceptible to it). So she is highly likely a narcissist because of them.

beahunny
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by beahunny »

Iris1969 wrote:Two emotionally health parents don’t create a narcissist out of nowhere
That's an amazingly bold generalization. Are you medical doctor or do you have a PhD in psychology? I sincerely want to know how you came to this conclusion and what medical studies back this up.

edit: Nevermind. Medical journals argue that narcissism can be genetic and not necessarily learned. Ok then. TIL.
https://www.jscimedcentral.com/Anxiety/ ... 2-1021.pdf

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

beahunny wrote:
Iris1969 wrote:Two emotionally health parents don’t create a narcissist out of nowhere
That's an amazingly bold generalization. Are you medical doctor or do you have a PhD in psychology? I sincerely want to know how you came to this conclusion and what medical studies back this up.
It may look like a bold generalization, but it’s something scientists and psychiatrists agree apon. There is a lot we don’t know about narcissism yet, but this is something we do know.

Just study narcissism and you’ll see that lots of people (doctors, psychiatrists etc) agree on the childhood origin of narcissism and that heathy parenting from parents or other caretakers can prevend it from developping into full blown NPD.

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

beahunny wrote:

edit: Nevermind. Medical journals argue that narcissism can be genetic and not necessarily learned. Ok then. TIL.
https://www.jscimedcentral.com/Anxiety/ ... 2-1021.pdf
That is also a bold statement based on 1 study, because most studies say that there can be a genetic component too, but that doesn’t mean that it isn’t partly your upbinging too. As far as we now know psycopaths are born that way and narcissists are made that way.

beahunny
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by beahunny »

Is NPD genetic or learned? It's debatable. We aren't going to figure it out here.

Return to “Lydia Millen”