Crime-tubers

Knitting Jenny
Informer
Informer

Re: Crime-tubers

Post by Knitting Jenny »

How do you like Harmony Nice? She isn't going in depth a lot, but she also isn't overly serious about her role in it, which is pretty different from all the others. She is just "i found this interesting story about a missing person and want to share it with you" whick i kinda like.

DoWeCare_No
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by DoWeCare_No »

Just stumbled across Griffin Arnlund, she post somewhat regularly about crime stories, though her channel is completely dedicated to that genre. Anyways, I ended up watching her video about Audrey Moran and Jonathan Reynoso, while the information was good and whatnot, she left in a fairly long segment of when a bee got into her house/apartment(?) and it just rubbed me the wrong way, to the point I ended up looking to see if anyone else commented on it and I only found one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tuliplynn
Learner
Learner

Post by Tuliplynn »

I miss Cayleigh Elise

theongreyjoy
Debater
Debater

Post by theongreyjoy »

Okay I know I complained a few weeks ago about Danelle not picking interesting cases and stretching out videos with limited info too much but I've got to come back here now and give credit where credit is due - her last four videos in a row (Toni Sharpless, Bain family, Aliza Sherman, and Erik Cross) have been amazing in my opinion! Especially the Bain family video, it was the best coverage of the case that I've seen on any site.
Sit back and enjoy your problems, you don't always have to solve 'em :toss:

saywhatyouwant2me
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by saywhatyouwant2me »

theongreyjoy wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:13 am
Okay I know I complained a few weeks ago about Danelle not picking interesting cases and stretching out videos with limited info too much but I've got to come back here now and give credit where credit is due - her last four videos in a row (Toni Sharpless, Bain family, Aliza Sherman, and Erik Cross) have been amazing in my opinion! Especially the Bain family video, it was the best coverage of the case that I've seen on any site.
Omg I've been thinking the same! I've enjoyed her last few videos so much more than I was enjoying her content say, earlier this year.

I don't mind seeing cases I've seen before - I can decide whether to skip or listen - but I've found her videos so much more content recently. I can't put my finger on it but it's been way easier to listen to. I guess it's less waffle.

getinitgucci
Informer
Informer

Post by getinitgucci »

Ooh so happy I found this thread. I like most crime youtubers but I must admit while I am happy Cayleigh is taking care of herself. God damn do I miss her something mad. She is my favourite. Without a doubt. Only YouTuber I have ever purchased merch from. Mysteries WV is a great channel and deserves way more views highly suggest (they were one of the channels Cayleigh recommended when she left) the other channel she recommended was Danelle....her I’m not so much of a fan.

I found her channel near the beginning. Well well before she even had 100k but she grew FAST. I sincerely hope that her content has changed because there was multiple cases she did that left a super sour taste in my mouth with how bias she seemed and how I got treated for having a different opinion. The final straw was she talked about a case which involved a prescription drug, one I know very well as it is something my boyfriend NEEDS to function properly. She demonized this drug SO SO SO much in her video. She made it seem so bad and the comments section of her channel was riddled with ‘I can’t believe they prescribe meds that have the potential of being addictive!’ or ‘I had no idea it was that dangerous’ When I said I think it’s wrong to demonize something that people generally need I was immediately attacked by her and one of her fans (I did not mention I know someone who needs that very medication). I totally understand not glorifying hard drugs or mentioning that the prescription drug may have played a part in what happened but she was basically saying she thinks this drug should be off the market because it’s so dangerous (provides no evidence like a peer studies review). Just so ill-informed and DANGEROUS information to put out there if you are NOT A DOCTOR. I unsubbed and never looked back. Crime youtubers are a dime a dozen and I can get better seemingly less bias information from other youtubers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

certifiedbitch
Learner
Learner

Post by certifiedbitch »

Does anyone watch Samantha M? She is an Australian Crime-Tuber who covers alot of Aussie Cases. I, an Australian, was excited to see some Australian coverage but MY GOODNESS I cannot listen to her speak. She over pronunciates her words in the weirdest ways I dont know what she is doing, it reminds me of when I was 9 giving a speech in class and trying to sound like a news reader. She comes across very uneducated, a shame really I was looking forward to following her.

Bazzingadoo12
Informer
Informer

Post by Bazzingadoo12 »

certifiedbitch wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:35 pm
Does anyone watch Samantha M? She is an Australian Crime-Tuber who covers alot of Aussie Cases. I, an Australian, was excited to see some Australian coverage but MY GOODNESS I cannot listen to her speak. She over pronunciates her words in the weirdest ways I dont know what she is doing, it reminds me of when I was 9 giving a speech in class and trying to sound like a news reader. She comes across very uneducated, a shame really I was looking forward to following her.
I came across her just recently! Quite pleased tbh. I'm not an Aussie and English isn't my first language, I ended up not picking up anything wrong with it, but I guess it's bc I'm not around Australian English so often.

As for others crime tubers...

Eleanor and Georgia Marie - love em.

Bailey Sarian - I'll watch her sometimes, but she doesn't do any research. I remember her covering an Aussie case and she didn't cover the killer's childhood (which was a huge factor for said case). In the video about the Barbie and Ken killers there was a top comment saying how they didn't understand"women hurting other women" and a reply saying it must be "internalized misogyny" which made me fume, dumbest stuff I read all day.

Harmony Nice is alright. She's laid back, but still maintains a certain amount of respect for victims.

Stephanie Harlowe- I watched her series on heaven's gate and Jim Jones, were pretty good. Can't be bothered to watch her other stuff somehow.

zola
Learner
Learner

Post by zola »

Love Eleanor Neale. She gets to the point, she cites and she keeps it brief with her perception. I wish I went to Gossip Guru before I watched Stephanie Harlowe for a week.

Bazzingadoo12
Informer
Informer

Post by Bazzingadoo12 »

zola wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:03 am
Love Eleanor Neale. She gets to the point, she cites and she keeps it brief with her perception. I wish I went to Gossip Guru before I watched Stephanie Harlowe for a week.
Btw does anyone follow Eleanor on Twitter? She's actually hilarious.
Screenshot_20191228-102223.png
Screenshot_20191228-102315.png

14bambino
Learner
Learner

Post by 14bambino »

i love eleanor but she barely uploads on youtube :/ it's so sporadic, i wish she uploaded more often

getinitgucci
Informer
Informer

Post by getinitgucci »

I love Eleanor too but something about the way she says ‘car’ makes me giggle or laugh so HARD every time she says it...and she says it a lot more than you’d think. It’s like “carrheh” it’s cute, I know it’s just her accent. My fiancé and I will say it to each other sometimes as an inside joke.

theongreyjoy
Debater
Debater

Post by theongreyjoy »

14bambino wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:30 pm
i love eleanor but she barely uploads on youtube :/ it's so sporadic, i wish she uploaded more often
Yeah if Eleanor had a set weekly schedule and stuck to it, she'd have over a million subscribers by now imo. I like knowing Danelle will upload on a Saturday and Georgia will upload on a Wednesday because that way I can look forward to their videos and get hyped. But with Eleanor it's too all over the place, and not often enough.

saywhatyouwant2me
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Same, I'd love Eleanor to upload more. I really enjoy her content and she seems like such a cool girl.

veganballerina86
Informer
Informer

Post by veganballerina86 »

Does anyone know what happened to Cayleigh Elise’s videos? I thought that they were going to stay on YouTube even though she is no longer making new content. As of today, I can no longer find them, they have disappeared. I wonder if she decided to delete them or YouTube took them down.

getinitgucci
Informer
Informer

Post by getinitgucci »

veganballerina86 wrote:Does anyone know what happened to Cayleigh Elise’s videos? I thought that they were going to stay on YouTube even though she is no longer making new content. As of today, I can no longer find them, they have disappeared. I wonder if she decided to delete them or YouTube took them down.
Noooooooooooo. I know she said she might only keep the videos up for a certain amount of time. Fuck. I’m so sad. My fiancé is so sad. We watched her channel every night to fall asleep to. Image Whyyyyy. I know the Keddie Cabin one had been gone for a while when I was looking for it and only saw the buzzfeed one.

bebexo+
Learner
Learner

Post by bebexo+ »

certifiedbitch wrote:
OMG YES! I left a comment on one of her videos about this lol. It just sounds way too scripted and like she’s trying to be serious but it just comes off very strange. Kinda reminds me of Joshua Miles with his ‘to no avail’. I feel like his disclaimer is also unnecessarily long 😩

certifiedbitch
Learner
Learner

Post by certifiedbitch »

bebexo+ wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:09 pm
certifiedbitch wrote:
OMG YES! I left a comment on one of her videos about this lol. It just sounds way too scripted and like she’s trying to be serious but it just comes off very strange. Kinda reminds me of Joshua Miles with his ‘to no avail’. I feel like his disclaimer is also unnecessarily long 😩
I think she needs to take a step back from being a 'News Reporter' and adapt to her audience and her media, this is youtube.

But im so glad someone understands! She grinds my gears. I played a video of hers for my boyfriend without saying anything to see his reaction and he goes "omg can we turn this off i cant listen to her voice".

theongreyjoy
Debater
Debater

Post by theongreyjoy »

Wow Bella's new video is such a mess. Why was she speeding through the information as if she was late for an appointment and needed to film it as fast as possible?? It just felt so rushed and as if she wasn't present in the moment, if that makes sense? Like she was thinking "ugh lets get this done quick so I can go do something else" - But I mean, this is Bella after all so I shouldn't be surprised lmao.

saywhatyouwant2me
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

theongreyjoy wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:35 am
Wow Bella's new video is such a mess. Why was she speeding through the information as if she was late for an appointment and needed to film it as fast as possible?? It just felt so rushed and as if she wasn't present in the moment, if that makes sense? Like she was thinking "ugh lets get this done quick so I can go do something else" - But I mean, this is Bella after all so I shouldn't be surprised lmao.
Yeah I didn't bother watch and this had confirmed I made the right decision lol.

On another note, I'm happy Shauna Rae is back. She's one of the few who doesn't sensationalise true crime.

Even out of the more respectful YouTubers, I find they still introduce a story with "this is crazy!" "This will blow your mind!" "You won't believe what happened!" And sometimes it's OTT.

Return to “General and Miscellaneous”