Asian MUAs feedsback

Archmanlia
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Asian MUAs feedsback

Post by Archmanlia »

Please provide feedback on indian/pakistani muas as most of then do not publish their price lists possibly due to tax fraud.

How was the process? Did you have to pay all upfront? Was it cash only? Attitude of MUA?

Also anyone attended the masterclasses?

It’s about time we got some real honest feedback.

shinydiscoballs
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Asian MUAs feedsback

Post by shinydiscoballs »

Great thread idea Rosy.

Can't add any feedback as I've never wanted to pay a chav hundreds of pounds to teach me how to plaster on kilos of stripey makeup, but I follow some on social media and omg WHY ARE THEY ALL SO ANNOYING!

Archmanlia
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Archmanlia »

shinydiscoballs wrote:Great thread idea Rosy.

Can't add any feedback as I've never wanted to pay a chav hundreds of pounds to teach me how to plaster on kilos of stripey makeup, but I follow some on social media and omg WHY ARE THEY ALL SO ANNOYING!
Extremely! Very entitled and they all seem to be doing a big side line in freeloading from restaurants and shisha places.

Archmanlia
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Archmanlia »

“Looking for collaborations for 40 people for a birthday party venue”

Translates as although I’m charging £x amount per client in busy wedding season, I don’t want to pay for my birthday/wedding party. I want everything for free on my terms.

Sound familiar ?

shinydiscoballs
Gossiper
Gossiper

Lol yes!

I'll get the ball rolling. So I'm following (totally hate following I know, but then wheres the fun in that ;) ) Sophina Khan, I think she calls herself Sophina Khan Artistry though to make herself sound posh. On the face of it she should be a good role model for girls as she's a mother of five, a trained nurse now working for some islamic charity, hijabi. But in reality it seems like the kids are always dumped with family members whilst she goes off to the opening of every random and insignificant envelope just to get 'famous'. I notice she's sucking up to Maliha Khan a LOT lately and that's only because her attempts to suck up to Dina Tokio didn't work, lol.

Her husband looks totally under the thumb as well, the way he lets her take him for facials and then snap the whole process for her 'fans'

Teaspillers
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Teaspillers »

Asian/Desi MUA...

Where to begin....

Well for starters it seems you need to have an ego far greater than any actual talent you have.

Never publish or give straightforward answers about prices.

Same look on every bride because you don’t have the skills or creativity to work with the client in front of you?! Just call it your signature look and charge double.

Crappy customer service, don’t return calls or emails until the last minute.

Too busy to offer trials and easily offended if one is asked for because “hey don’t you know who I am?!”

Charging hundreds of £££ for what amounts to drag queen insta face makeup that never looks good in person... same over drawn eyebrows, dramatic eyes and a ton of contouring so even the client isn’t entirely sure of which feature is actually their own and which has been added with afore mentioned contouring.

All of the above is just for starters.. for further tips see also Desi/asian clothes shops...

Gradtutor
Wanderer
Wanderer
Been thanked: 0

Post by Gradtutor »

Fozia tawfiq is one of the worst, she snubs the client when she has her PA with her, they have their own convo and ignore the bride! Has anyone seen her post recently about proves changing, she’s obviously increasing them, maybe HMRC should go undercover and investigate some of these ladies.....

Archmanlia
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Archmanlia »

Why don’t asian people use a non asian mua - they might look more like themselves?

I don’t like the asian bride look at all, looks like drag.

Also what’s the secret with the prices????

Anyone used Shaneeq bridal?

Archmanlia
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Archmanlia »

Teaspillers wrote:Asian/Desi MUA...

Where to begin....

Well for starters it seems you need to have an ego far greater than any actual talent you have.

Never publish or give straightforward answers about prices.

Same look on every bride because you don’t have the skills or creativity to work with the client in front of you?! Just call it your signature look and charge double.

Crappy customer service, don’t return calls or emails until the last minute.

Too busy to offer trials and easily offended if one is asked for because “hey don’t you know who I am?!”

Charging hundreds of £££ for what amounts to drag queen insta face makeup that never looks good in person... same over drawn eyebrows, dramatic eyes and a ton of contouring so even the client isn’t entirely sure of which feature is actually their own and which has been added with afore mentioned contouring.

All of the above is just for starters.. for further tips see also Desi/asian clothes shops...
Samee mua is the only one that I have seen publish priced but she doesn’t do hair or dupatta setting. At least she is transparent!

shinydiscoballs
Gossiper
Gossiper

Rosy100 wrote:Why don’t asian people use a non asian mua - they might look more like themselves?

Exactly this! If I ever need my make up done professionally I never go to an asian make up artist, they assume that everyone wants that same drag queen wannabe kardashian look. If I can't get a non desi make up artist then even the bobbi brown or mac counter at my local dept store does a great job. And I actually look like myself afterwards too!

Archmanlia
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Archmanlia »

shinydiscoballs wrote:
Rosy100 wrote:Why don’t asian people use a non asian mua - they might look more like themselves?

Exactly this! If I ever need my make up done professionally I never go to an asian make up artist, they assume that everyone wants that same drag queen wannabe kardashian look. If I can't get a non desi make up artist then even the bobbi brown or mac counter at my local dept store does a great job. And I actually look like myself afterwards too!
I don’t trust them at all, they mostly come across very self obsessed and arrogant.

Post by Guest »

Has anyone use Tanji S?

She seems to be a popular right now. My only concern is that on instagram her clients nose nostrills almost look non existence! Is this how good she is at making someone look flawless or is this extensive photoshop?

shinydiscoballs
Gossiper
Gossiper

^ probably both. If she's tagged any of her brides in pictures why don't you message them directly ask for their feedback.

queen rania
Informer
Informer

Post by queen rania »

Thanks for starting this topic rosy much needed <3
Firstly have to say some of these MUA are magicians if you look at some of the before and afters, :rofl: but i am against the over use of filters tanji and dreamingdahliaa do this often which i think lowers their credibility as an artist

Also how many of these mua have gone to beauty school and learned skills and skincare etc most get training from mac or other beauty companies or think that going to a mario class makes them qualified to charge hundreds, most of the big names lubna, ambreen,naveeda anne shah have gained popularity through asian magazines and at the time with little content on facebook and no ig were able to charge brides over 400 600 pounds as there was less competion but with ig it has made a platform for smaller mua to get bookings,

One eg a canadian mua monasangha who is good but wears long claw nails and touches the clients faces, also dress your face has been criticised for this, and when i did some retail work at estee lauder one of the key things was to have shorter nails, i called her out on this on her ig.
she has trained with pink orchid in vancouver who have had bad reviews when they change their client bookings to a lower artist because they get a booking with a high end client abroad, there was a big thread on facebook

My family have used naveeda for a few weddings she is good at her work think she has stopped doing bridals, i did notice with her she tended to do the same look and the overall hair and look started to look a bit dated, but the make up and her interaction with the customer was good.

have heard some bad reviews on lubna rafiq who now seem to do just celebrities or magzine work, her make up for brides is very heavy and overdone and if you are family or a friend you will get a better service than your average bride,
She charges 500 plus for a few days of training make up and hair classes but there were some bad reviews of them turning up late for classes and not teaching everything they claim they will,

dress your face )tamanna) has got lots of tea she has scammed people by not turning up to a big class in london and lying about goody bags, her certificate course online are a scam and are worthless she has joined dar mann who has also been jailed for scams in usa, she is a big freebie freeloader there is a page inhttps://www.instagram.com/undressyourface/ and videos on you tube about her another page has plenty of tea on her and other mua https://www.instagram.com/hereforthetea2/ worth having a look

Post by Guest »

Re-posting my comment from another thread: Anam Falak is the most stuck up person I have ever come across. I wasted money on her shite makeup course a few years back in London. She was terrible. Late almost every day. ZERO personality. She was rude to anyone who asked questions. Her makeup was actually so bad. On the first day a student turned up in a wheelchair only to be told, there is no disabled access to the building! She had enquired before but was given no or wrong information. She had no choice but to miss the course. A pregnant woman was also not informed of the building accessibility and she climbed up multiple floors everyday for the course. The woman has never heard of blending. And so I got fed up of her posts where she's just awkwardly staring into the camera, her confused fake-ass accent and unfollowed.

I have heard that Naveeda sends her sister to half her bookings and attends half herself which is awful. She is apparently very stuck up as my friend's family have been using her for years and her attitude as just gotten worse and worse. Shame as they keep going back to her but she is not worth it.

Lubna's makeup style is horrid! That OTT smoky eye look. Doesn't suit most of the brides she does. Also, she does so many bookings a day, spends only about 45mins for each bride (Anam also claims she does a face in 45mins) to me, that's not something good. That means you rush. each part doesn't have time to set properly. and you only care about making as much money as possible in a day.

Saadiya Rahman - think her makeup has showin massive improvement but I'm so sick of this newcringe thing she is doing filming her brides as they sing or dance or shout at their bridesmaids. I am sure she is super expensive too.

Smaller MUAs - Beenish Malik, SO RUDE. her phone attitude was bad enough when I tried to enquire re: pricing.

Archmanlia
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Archmanlia »

I would want a contractual agreement, trial and very little payment up front to deal with any of this lot. They lack professionalism and I would t want them rushing from one end of london to the other to give me 45 mins. They really are taking the p

I would also want to know what professional qualifications they have.

One of Shaneeq bridal latest brides looks like a mannequin. The features have been horribly disguised... there is no way of telling who she is.

It’s all too generic.

shinydiscoballs
Gossiper
Gossiper

I don't think any of these MUA's have contracts. certainly wasn't the case when my sister was getting married and the MUA wanted her to pay a 50% deposit into her bank account with no contract. But they get away with it because people book them.

I also didn't realise that these MUA's aren't even qualified beauty therapists which is the minimum you would expect.

DId anyone see the catwalk fashion show that Sophina Khan organised for charity - people actually paid £100 for a ticket to eat dusty stale donuts from a bit of painted MDF and watch a teen mum drag an oversized lengha behind her :rofl:

Archmanlia
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Archmanlia »

shinydiscoballs wrote:I don't think any of these MUA's have contracts. certainly wasn't the case when my sister was getting married and the MUA wanted her to pay a 50% deposit into her bank account with no contract. But they get away with it because people book them.

I also didn't realise that these MUA's aren't even qualified beauty therapists which is the minimum you would expect.

DId anyone see the catwalk fashion show that Sophina Khan organised for charity - people actually paid £100 for a ticket to eat dusty stale donuts from a bit of painted MDF and watch a teen mum drag an oversized lengha behind her :rofl:
Wow - I wouldn’t hand over a deposit to them based on their drag looking photos on insta!

Just because other people book them - not good enough... I simply don’t like the fact that they are very busy. I would prefer them to charge more and do the job properly (not back to back). I aim trying out a few non asian muas for a family party. Will advise on them after.

Asians are known for terrible service once they get “famous” on insta.

Not having a contract is Avery bad sign and extremely unprofessional.

Vf (another unqualified one) has been talking about unprofessionalism in this industry, I find this rich coming from a ghetto princess.

shinydiscoballs
Gossiper
Gossiper

The back to back bookings was another annoying thing, my sisters ceromony was at 3pm and the timings that the MUA's wanted to get her ready for ranged from 7am to 11am, just so that they go onto another booking.

Archmanlia
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Archmanlia »

shinydiscoballs wrote:The back to back bookings was another annoying thing, my sisters ceromony was at 3pm and the timings that the MUA's wanted to get her ready for ranged from 7am to 11am, just so that they go onto another booking.
That’s terrible - so she has to sit their awkwardly in all that gear? I bet they charge over the odds yet they still do jobs for free for anyone with big followers.

So let me get this straight for an asian mua you get:

- no contract
- you have to pay upfront over the odds
- no backup financially or legally if they cancel it are late
- no terms
- attitude
- rushed job
- and yourre ready hours in advance?
- no qualifications
- no trial
- filtered evidence of previous work
- no trial
- relying on a stranger with attitude on the most important day of your life?

What happened to the customer is always right??

Return to “Beauty Guru General Discussion”