Miserablily Beggar - Tenny, Meanie, Grimy, Moan (Part 8)

lavieenrose
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: Miserablily Beggar - Tenny, Meanie, Grimy, Moan (Part 8)

Post by lavieenrose »

I definitely thought Lily would be worse in the pregnancy vlog. I felt a bit for her, just woman to woman but we all know her content has been rubbish far before the baby, just saying.

sciencelover
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by sciencelover »

Char_92 wrote:Do you know what, I was expecting much MUCH worse with this pregnancy vlog. She’s handled it so much better than I though she would. I’m aware most people on here don’t agree with me judging by the comments I’ve read ha, but I was easily 100% worse during my first trimester. It’s really not fun (for most people I know anyway!). It’s unfair that a lot of these stereotypes get shoved on mums to be: ‘healthy glow’ etc. I don’t think I’ve known one pregnant person have a healthy glow during the first trimester.

I don’t think it’s going to last knowing how lily likes to moan, but so far fair play to her.
Same, I was surprised because I thought the vlog was quite pleasant. I like "real" pregnancy vlogs and for once I thought her moaning was limited and justified. Same about being grateful that she doesn't have a regular job, she said it several times.
I'm also really over the "pregnancy glow" cliché and how it's supposed to be total bliss. I also hate that people are policing pregnant women about what they are allowed to complain about or not.

CofeeNgossip
Debater
Debater

Post by CofeeNgossip »

Sybil Vane wrote:
Emmy25 wrote:We need a new thread title. Maybe include 'Pregnant Pebbles' and then as was suggested 'HorMOANal'. Any ideas? I'm stuck.
Love love love litnerd's horMOANS but feel free to add my Lily Preggers, and don't forget she's a freeloader ;)
horMOANal Lily Pregger-Begger :rofl:

CofeeNgossip
Debater
Debater

Post by CofeeNgossip »

Lucygoose wrote:Aren't pregnant women supposed to be glowing, with hair in great condition from all the hormones?! Lily is looking even worse, with that head that looks like a used broom. Both oily and straw-like, I have never seen anything like it. She has the pick of so many great hair products and insists on straightening her hair to death. Just wait until baby is here and she really won't have time to shower or do anything and the moaning will be out.of.control!
Let me tell you what actually happens in the first trimester : your acne flares up, your nipples darken ( and your arse crack and underarm area), you grow more body hair, you are nauseaous, you burp like a man and you are constipated as the hormones slow down your digestive system.

Emmy25
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Emmy25 »

CofeeNgossip wrote:
Lucygoose wrote:Aren't pregnant women supposed to be glowing, with hair in great condition from all the hormones?! Lily is looking even worse, with that head that looks like a used broom. Both oily and straw-like, I have never seen anything like it. She has the pick of so many great hair products and insists on straightening her hair to death. Just wait until baby is here and she really won't have time to shower or do anything and the moaning will be out.of.control!
Let me tell you what actually happens in the first trimester : your acne flares up, your nipples darken ( and your arse crack and underarm area), you grow more body hair, you are nauseaous, you burp like a man and you are constipated as the hormones slow down your digestive system.
The thing is no two pregnancies are the same. I have one friend who is pregnant with her third and she conceived first month trying with each. She's NEVER had any early pregnancy signs, no nausea, tiredness, food aversions etc. She's always felt fine until the last few weeks of her pregnancies. On the other end of the spectrum my best friend had HG with both pregnancies and was on best rest from 30 weeks. Most of us fall somewhere in between but I don't know anyone who has the 'glow' in the first trimester.

I guess I have been a bit harsh on Lily and the vlog wasn't all bad. It is just really hard to feel sorry for someone when their bad nausea lasts two weeks and they can sit it out at home and she has family close by so I don't believe that she ever felt truly alone. It seems like she's fine now anyway. She was too ill to work a couple of days ago but then went to the cinema and danced round the kitchen. Plus she's off to NYC very soon. I hope she truly appreciates all she has.

Rosie Ribbons
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Rosie Ribbons »

CofeeNgossip wrote:

And thats if your lucky! :D All this while trying not to let people know you are pregnant in case anything happens!

Lily is one of those people who would really benefit from having an ordinary job where she has to mingle with other people. They would distract her, she might still feel awful but she would somehow have to pull herself together to carry on. The ways things are now she is on her own most of the day and has any amount of time to dwell and focus on herself and her symptoms.

Emmy25
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Emmy25 »

PineappleQueen19
Learner
Learner

Post by PineappleQueen19 »

nicocacola wrote:
PineappleQueen19 wrote:“You can’t just be like, I want a baby now. You have to think: will I want a baby in nine months?”

She is properly weird.
Did she really say that?! Definitely doesn't sound like a woman who wants a baby.
I did such a double take I had to rewind to make sure I hadn’t misheard. I can only think it’s evidence of her deep sense of entitlement and the fact that she’s never had to wait for anything. It fits with how impulsive she is with the things she buys. (And how she often only seems to want things once she sees someone else with them.) But to think this way about a baby??! It’s actually bonkers.

daddyoh
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by daddyoh »

i actually found her *shock horror* likeable in this vlog? i KNOW.

she's always been miserable but she's been especially so lately - i wonder if that first trimester secrecy is what did it? worried about making it through and the baby being healthy and that.

isn't it common to do more than one pregnancy test? idk what kind of grocery store tesco is (mid-range? i know waitrose is fancy), but i'm sure there's a big jump in price from this to clearblue. you don't want to waste your $20 or whatever every time. even though even one at the dollar store is supposed to work equally well (by law here).

Sophia22
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Sophia22 »

Never seen someone treat pregnancy like a terminal illness before. She sucks the joy out of EVERYTHING.
Saying that I don’t see much of a different in her moods. She’s the same moaning asshole she always was

floozyfloo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by floozyfloo »

Rosie Ribbons wrote:
CofeeNgossip wrote:

And thats if your lucky! :D All this while trying not to let people know you are pregnant in case anything happens!

Lily is one of those people who would really benefit from having an ordinary job where she has to mingle with other people. They would distract her, she might still feel awful but she would somehow have to pull herself together to carry on. The ways things are now she is on her own most of the day and has any amount of time to dwell and focus on herself and her symptoms.
I genuinely think she's shot herself in the leg by 'allowing herself' to spend her days on the couch when she feels sick. All that will do is enforce focus onto the discomfort. She'd be better off going for a walk in the fresh air, or giving herself a project. I know it sounds like the last thing she'd want to do, but the distraction would do wonders for her.

Also...when she starts nesting. What will she do? Re-renovate the house? That'll be good.

Gurubydaygossiperby
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gurubydaygossiperby »

nicocacola wrote:
PineappleQueen19 wrote:“You can’t just be like, I want a baby now. You have to think: will I want a baby in nine months?”

She is properly weird.
Did she really say that?! Definitely doesn't sound like a woman who wants a baby.
She needs to seek therapy for her control issues, most couples start trying by stopping birth control and going on their merry way, perhaps fucking a bit more often. I do not know anyone who has used ovulation testers after a month or two of not falling pregnant. That is insane. She just controls and micromanages until she is a miserable cow unable to make anything fun & enjoyable.

PowderGirl
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PowderGirl »

New thread guys!

New thread viewtopic.php?f=593&t=34294

Return to “Lily Pebbles”