Maggie / Emma Macdonald

hannhawilliams
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Maggie / Emma Macdonald

Post by hannhawilliams »

I can’t believe she blows through so much money when she has student loans she has to pay back. Girl, you have the money to pay them off now so take advantage of it and stop letting the interest pile up! Your designer things aren’t gonna save you 15 years from now when your loan defaults smh.

Seaside22
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Seaside22 »

ceebee wrote:
taurus_szn wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:13 pm
Gurugossiping wrote: The fact that they're always trying to be someone else says a lot about them.

Also, I know this was mentioned previously, but it is super odd to me that both Emma and Maggie came on Youtube with those fake diamond Cartier Love rings, and then all of a sudden now Maggie has two gold ones. YET we never seen an unboxing even though we all know that'd be her thing if there was actually something to unbox.

I'm not saying you have to have lux items, but she came on Youtube pretending to be some rich girl from Cape Cod, and it's all such a joke. She's such a wannabe. Nothing about her is authentic, not even her thoughts.
I have an authentic Cartier ring and trust me the ones that she has now are definitely real. It's super obvious when someone is wearing a fake one because the fake ones are usually way too thick and the screws are not the right distance apart. The one she was wearing all the time before she had those ones were fake though lol.

Also side note but I have a feeling that she's being fraudulent with her taxes in order to be able to spend so much money. I mean there's just no way that she isn't fooling the government somehow because I follow Youtubers with 4 times her subscriber count and they don't spend nearly as much money as she does. I have a feeling that she's reporting to the IRS that she's making less money than she actually is so that her taxes will be lower, or she's just not paying her taxes and is considering herself unemployed when really, Youtubers are considered self-employed lol. Even people that make thousands of dollars off of Poshmark and Ebay but have no "real" job have to report their earnings to the IRS and be taxed. She's definitely getting away with something.
That’s what I said last week. I see Youtubers with the same number of followers as hers and they have nothing as to what she has. She must be rolling in debt. It’s sad that she’s willing to put herself thru that just for social media. It’s never that serious. She bought the Lenaige lip balms all four $15 each. When she already had 2 lip masks by that brand. She’s stupid. She wastes her money on the darnest things. She could’ve been fine with one. Then she goes I don’t even like some of these scents then why buy them? She’s not the brightest crayon in the box.
My guess is she is rolling in credit card debt. She pays close to $3000/month in rent and shops excessively. She makes more money than most people think off of YouTube and Instagram, but not enough to support herself long term. She should have learned how fleeting this “fame” is based off her “friend” Arlin’s rise and fall of followers. I think Maggie gets followers, then they get annoyed/bored so stop watching but stay subscribed. Her followers have been going up but her number of views stay the same. So she’s not building her engagement which is what companies want to see.

hookem91
Learner
Learner

Post by hookem91 »

ceebee wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:56 pm
Seaside22 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:32 pm
ceebee wrote:
taurus_szn wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:13 pm
Gurugossiping wrote: The fact that they're always trying to be someone else says a lot about them.

Also, I know this was mentioned previously, but it is super odd to me that both Emma and Maggie came on Youtube with those fake diamond Cartier Love rings, and then all of a sudden now Maggie has two gold ones. YET we never seen an unboxing even though we all know that'd be her thing if there was actually something to unbox.

I'm not saying you have to have lux items, but she came on Youtube pretending to be some rich girl from Cape Cod, and it's all such a joke. She's such a wannabe. Nothing about her is authentic, not even her thoughts.
I have an authentic Cartier ring and trust me the ones that she has now are definitely real. It's super obvious when someone is wearing a fake one because the fake ones are usually way too thick and the screws are not the right distance apart. The one she was wearing all the time before she had those ones were fake though lol.

Also side note but I have a feeling that she's being fraudulent with her taxes in order to be able to spend so much money. I mean there's just no way that she isn't fooling the government somehow because I follow Youtubers with 4 times her subscriber count and they don't spend nearly as much money as she does. I have a feeling that she's reporting to the IRS that she's making less money than she actually is so that her taxes will be lower, or she's just not paying her taxes and is considering herself unemployed when really, Youtubers are considered self-employed lol. Even people that make thousands of dollars off of Poshmark and Ebay but have no "real" job have to report their earnings to the IRS and be taxed. She's definitely getting away with something.
That’s what I said last week. I see Youtubers with the same number of followers as hers and they have nothing as to what she has. She must be rolling in debt. It’s sad that she’s willing to put herself thru that just for social media. It’s never that serious. She bought the Lenaige lip balms all four $15 each. When she already had 2 lip masks by that brand. She’s stupid. She wastes her money on the darnest things. She could’ve been fine with one. Then she goes I don’t even like some of these scents then why buy them? She’s not the brightest crayon in the box.
My guess is she is rolling in credit card debt. She pays close to $3000/month in rent and shops excessively. She makes more money than most people think off of YouTube and Instagram, but not enough to support herself long term. She should have learned how fleeting this “fame” is based off her “friend” Arlin’s rise and fall of followers. I think Maggie gets followers, then they get annoyed/bored so stop watching but stay subscribed. Her followers have been going up but her number of views stay the same. So she’s not building her engagement which is what companies want to see.
That’s too much to be paying for housing that’s not even yours. Then she buys all this skincare, furniture, clothes, shoes and for what, to post them online or to wear them to Trader Joe’s or the nail shop. Those are the only two places she ever goes to. Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods and the nail shop. I would hate to have her life. If I were her I would get a part time job at like Urban, lululemon or Sephora to at least get discounts and not be bored at home. That’s just me. A smart person would do that. I’ve noticed that her subscriber number has been the same since like January. How are you about to be out of college and not have any savings? Yikes couldn’t be me.
Omg this girl is DEFINITELY in some serious debt or she’s buying hella fakes... just saw her latest insta post and she got ANOTHER pair of designer slides (they’re Givenchy this time). I’m not that much older than her, am working a decent paying post college job and am getting some family support, and I cannot for the life of me see the need to have that many showy designer items. Like seriously Maggie spend some of that YouTube coin you’re making on some nice jeans you can wear around Boston without looking ridiculous and swimsuits that actually fit your body. I’m sure her loads of fans would like her even more if she started realistically dressing her age like Gretchen and some of the other YouTube girls in that age group do.

Cooper2016
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Cooper2016 »

So happy that Gretchen doesn’t give two shits about Maggie and Emma in her Coachella vlogs. Push those peasants to the side girl

alexandria94
Learner
Learner

Post by alexandria94 »

Her new givenchy slides are so ugly lol. Just because something is designer doesn’t mean it’s nice. Her spending is really out of control.

hookem91
Learner
Learner

Post by hookem91 »

Gurugossiping wrote:
ceebee wrote: People are so stupid talking about Kylie could never. Oh yeah hate on the billionaire girl that looks a million times better than Maggie. Those slides are so ugly she’ll buy anything just for the label. What is she going to Tampa for? Does she even go to school anymore? There’s no way she’s doing well in school.
What's this "Kylie could never" thing you're talking about? I must have missed this. Is that something Maggie's followers are saying? Ew, her followers are such children.
That’s because most of her followers probably legally *are* children. :rofl:

Seaside22
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Seaside22 »

LOL at Gretchen getting on E news for the outfit she borrowed from Maggie. Maggie must have fire coming out of her ears with jealousy.

socialbeauty
Informer
Informer

Post by socialbeauty »

I'm not a Maggie defender and she has her faults, but not a fan of how Gretchen treats her in the Coachella vlogs. If you look at engagement, I feel like Maggie gets way better views than Gretchen. Gretchen's kind of been at the same place and growing really really slowly for 8 years. From the few min I see in Maggie's vlogs, Gretchen looks like she wants to be in them. Maggie's fault is that she let yt get to her head and she seems unable to make friends. Her home town friends barely invite her. There was this one video where she got to the beach with Emma and they were all their sunbathing and she was surprised to run into them

gossiper2424
Learner
Learner

Post by gossiper2424 »

where’s the video of gretchen on e news?

gsulllyy
Talker
Talker

Post by gsulllyy »

So funny how Maggie’s trying to make it seem like revolve somehow knows she exists. In Danielle Carolann vlog theyre all waiting together in a ridiculous line for a shuttle to revolve festival. Like ok Maggie would never show that in her vlog hahaha at least Danielle keeps it real

ugh-asif
Talker
Talker

Post by ugh-asif »

gsulllyy wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:13 am
So funny how Maggie’s trying to make it seem like revolve somehow knows she exists. In Danielle Carolann vlog theyre all waiting together in a ridiculous line for a shuttle to revolve festival. Like ok Maggie would never show that in her vlog hahaha at least Danielle keeps it real
HAhaha because Maggie wants everyone to think she was actually invited by Revolve instead of buying a ticket like the majority of people there. It's funny how relevant she wants to be when there are literal supermodels there.

edit: okay just read something that said the festival wasn't selling tickets, they just invite "influencers" who like the brand. However, they must just be inviting everyone if people like Maggie can somehow get there.

youtube_obsessed843
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by youtube_obsessed843 »

I'm watching Maggie's new traveling to Coachella vlog where they see the house for the first time. The screaming is insufferable. Not sure what exactly they're screaming about because the house is not that nice. They all act like the rooms are the cutest thing they've ever seen but it's a far cry from the lavish accommodations they had access to at the Dote house last year. Maggie starts screaming about how their rooms are conjoined and gets over the top excited about sharing a bathroom.When Maggie is showing all the things Table Rock had waiting for them in the rooms she sounds SO dumb. Every other word is "oh my godddd," "you guyssss this is SO cute,"This is sooooo coolllll you guysssss" I mean she just could not sound less educated. I swear she has nothing in her brain. Then there's an artsy part where she tries to get professional looking footage of the chef, which is interesting to me because when has Maggie ever cared to edit a video without just throwing together clips??

ugh-asif
Talker
Talker

Post by ugh-asif »

youtube_obsessed843 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:16 am
I'm watching Maggie's new traveling to Coachella vlog where they see the house for the first time. The screaming is insufferable. Not sure what exactly they're screaming about because the house is not that nice. They all act like the rooms are the cutest thing they've ever seen but it's a far cry from the lavish accommodations they had access to at the Dote house last year. Maggie starts screaming about how their rooms are conjoined and gets over the top excited about sharing a bathroom.When Maggie is showing all the things Table Rock had waiting for them in the rooms she sounds SO dumb. Every other word is "oh my godddd," "you guyssss this is SO cute,"This is sooooo coolllll you guysssss" I mean she just could not sound less educated. I swear she has nothing in her brain. Then there's an artsy part where she tries to get professional looking footage of the chef, which is interesting to me because when has Maggie ever cared to edit a video without just throwing together clips??
And when she saw the face mask on her bed "omg guys how does this even work" like??? she really acts like she has no brain cells. Also the fact that they all keep calling it 'Chella' this year is so nauseating. You're not cute for nicknaming a music festival.

Seaside22
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Seaside22 »

ugh-asif wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:50 am
gsulllyy wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:13 am
HAhaha because Maggie wants everyone to think she was actually invited by Revolve instead of buying a ticket like the majority of people there. It's funny how relevant she wants to be when there are literal supermodels there.

edit: okay just read something that said the festival wasn't selling tickets, they just invite "influencers" who like the brand. However, they must just be inviting everyone if people like Maggie can somehow get there.
Morgan Yates did a vlog where she basically said Revolvefest was a scam. Even Danielle’s friend from college with no followers got a ticket. Morgan compared it to Tanacon because they closed the doors because it was over capacity and bus drivers were charging $200 to drive people in.

hookem91
Learner
Learner

Post by hookem91 »

Can we please start a thread 2 for these two? We’re going on almost 50 pages here.

socialbeauty
Informer
Informer

Post by socialbeauty »

Gurugossiping wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:11 pm
socialbeauty wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:59 pm
From the few min I see in Maggie's vlogs, Gretchen looks like she wants to be in them.
I have to disagree. It seems Maggie's always pointing the camera at her because she knows Gretchen's entertaining/the reason she even has followers.
That is true, but I don't understand why Gretchen's followers haven't increased but Maggie's has? Gretchen's popularity also hasn't helped Tasha or her own sister lol idk I'm just annoyed at the fact that Gretchen never seems to have clothes for trips. She's always borrowing other people's outfits. Has misaddressed her outfits for a couple of trips

socialbeauty
Informer
Informer

Post by socialbeauty »

ceebee wrote: I said this the other day her and Emma were geeked over a bathroom. They both never leave their house, so when they do everything seems cool to them even a bathroom. To the gal that said Gretchens numbers aren’t growing? You’re kidding right when she hit 300K about 2 months ago her channel started rapidly growing. She has 314 right now. Every time Gretchen pulls out her camera Emma and Maggie always run to the camera to be in her vlogs. It’s always been like that, ever since they became friends. Either their desperate for attention or subscribers. I’m gonna go with both. I can’t stand everytime someone is vlogging Maggie is trying to stick her ass out, shake her ass, stick her tongue out or blow a kiss. She’s so obsessed with herself.
I do agree with with your point about Maggie shaking her butt everywhere that is very annoying. She does go for attention. I guess my point was that Gretchen's really not that much better than her. I used to be a huge Gretchen fan and I probably even said that on her thread at some point, but Gretchen does use friends also and drops people all the time. Also, Gretchen's numbers have only started growing rapidly because she cashed in on the Olivia Jade thing. If she hadn't her views were lower than Maggie's and she would honestly still be around 300k, if not less

socialbeauty
Informer
Informer

Post by socialbeauty »

Gurugossiping wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:25 pm
Emma: "So I'm going to do a prom get ready with me to give you a hair, makeup and outfit idea"

**Continues to throw her hair up in a pony tail, wears the same makeup she wears everyday but with eyeshadow, and a plain black dress with no accessories.**
and she did her hair (actually ella) and make up (actually maggie) on her own :P She couldn't even tie a piece of hair around her hair tie....plus the dress reminded me of morticia from the adams family

socialbeauty
Informer
Informer

Post by socialbeauty »

Gurugossiping wrote:
socialbeauty wrote:
Gurugossiping wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:25 pm
Emma: "So I'm going to do a prom get ready with me to give you a hair, makeup and outfit idea"

**Continues to throw her hair up in a pony tail, wears the same makeup she wears everyday but with eyeshadow, and a plain black dress with no accessories.**
and she did her hair (actually ella) and make up (actually maggie) on her own :P She couldn't even tie a piece of hair around her hair tie....plus the dress reminded me of morticia from the adams family
The dress was not special at all. I assume Lulu's let her pick any dress she wanted for this video, and to wear on prom, so why the HECK would she pick that one?? It's pretty I guess, but for prom she couldn't spice it up a little bit? She's so obsessed with the whole "I'm so natural" vibe she likes to shove down our throats but my god, this was not video worthy lmao
I think she said that dress was from last year. Maggie said something about using hot pink on her eyes since it would match her dress nicely. I'm guessing that she just pulled out any lulu's stuff she had from previous years/collabs and used that for the video

gossiper2424
Learner
Learner

Post by gossiper2424 »

that wasn’t even her prom look... she just half asses her makeup and hair for a sponsorship. i miss when youtubers would do haul videos on stuff they actually buy and not on sponsorships. everything they show feels so fake and just motivated by money.

Return to “Emma and Maggie MacDonald”