Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bethany “stuck in 2013” Mota - Part 5

Post by Lola-loca »

Her hair always looks greasy ;/

Post by Guest »

I wonder if she feels like she's 'outgrown' YT, because she was pretty young when she started.

I think she has a very loyal clan of subscribers and that if she seriously thought about her channel and the content she wanted to put out, people would still watch her! She needs to realise that she and her subscribers have grown up and aged, and the 'kiddy content' really isn't relevent anymore. She needs to do more 'young adult' style videos, and she'd be great.

Cheshire_Cat03
Informer
Informer

Post by Cheshire_Cat03 »

I definitely think she feels that way! I really believe Bethany thought she was going to “make it big” outside of YouTube a few years ago when she had her clothing line collab, was on billboards and such in NY, and went on Dancing With the Stars. That’s when she first pulled from YouTube and she never truly came back after that.

I still watch her videos from time to time. I tend to stay away from the ones with her boyfriend but sometimes he’ll pop up regardless and I find their relationship odd? I don’t know, something about it makes me uncomfortable. The age gap is already a lot imo (23 & 33 - something he’s highlighted!) especially since Bethany still reads pretty young to me in a sort of naive way.

devilishtenshi
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by devilishtenshi »

Her bf is annoying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gurugallll
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gurugallll »

wildturtle wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:01 pm
Maybe I’m being shallow but Bethany can do a lot better than D-trix, like puberty hit her like a truck and she’s hot (prefer her with longer hair though), and D-trix is just unattractive to me and gross idk. Also she’s like 23 (1995) nd he’s 33 (1985)? So a 10 year age gap? Sorry what’s a 33 year old man doing dating someone almost a decade younger, y’all don’t share the same life experiences. Usually it’s because the guy has trouble getting girls around his age - look I get that guys like to date younger girls but I still find it weird becausr it the maturity gap. I can understand dating someone like 5 years older because lord knows a lot of 21-24 year olds are immature as fuck, but jeez.
Idk if she has a thing for Asian guys because I remember her collabing with Ryan Potter - who’s actually cute and her age.
That is so weird. My brother is his age and acts soooo different. He’s been married and has kids. Like, her bf is so childish especially for dating a girl that’s 10 years younger than him.

Brrychrry
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Brrychrry »

Really strange that she is dating this guy and they’re now engaged.
I feel like Bethany might secretly have trouble dating guys since she’s never had a boyfriend (publicly) before. So she’s just staying with this guy because he’ll stay with her and not leave her.
I’ve heard from fans she’s actually rude in real life so maybe this is true? And they both put up with each other

Cheshire_Cat03
Informer
Informer

Post by Cheshire_Cat03 »

So she's been posting a little more frequently this past month and I guess it all makes sense now. She's launched a jewelry line/company? The website says she's the founder, anyways. It's called Atom&Matter and it's a bunch of dainty/delicate looking jewelry some of which is pretty expensive. There's a paperclip chain necklace for $239!

The jewelry is supposed to be made from sustainable materials (recycled and what not) and ethically manufactured which is nice. I wonder if she'll stick around on YouTube now that this has launched or if she'll disappear again? Not gonna lie I was sort of enjoying her uploads although I skip the ones with her boyfriend cause he just gives me bad vibes.
Brrychrry wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:29 pm
Really strange that she is dating this guy and they’re now engaged.
I feel like Bethany might secretly have trouble dating guys since she’s never had a boyfriend (publicly) before. So she’s just staying with this guy because he’ll stay with her and not leave her.
I’ve heard from fans she’s actually rude in real life so maybe this is true? And they both put up with each other
In her recent Q&A she was saying how she's ready to be married and is basically just waiting for him to pop the question. Definitely feels like she's had trouble dating in the past and is really invested in this relationship because it's her first serious one.

kriscontrell
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by kriscontrell »

80085 wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:43 pm
Cheshire_Cat03 wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:17 pm
So she's been posting a little more frequently this past month and I guess it all makes sense now. She's launched a jewelry line/company? The website says she's the founder, anyways. It's called Atom&Matter and it's a bunch of dainty/delicate looking jewelry some of which is pretty expensive. There's a paperclip chain necklace for $239!

The jewelry is supposed to be made from sustainable materials (recycled and what not) and ethically manufactured which is nice. I wonder if she'll stick around on YouTube now that this has launched or if she'll disappear again? Not gonna lie I was sort of enjoying her uploads although I skip the ones with her boyfriend cause he just gives me bad vibes.
I'm skeptical of it's "sustainablility". Like, she could be reusing her own paper clips and it'd technically be labeled "sustainable". Most of these Youtubers buy in bulk for cheap on Chinese websites (Alibaba, Wish) then sell it for a 100% mark up. Spending almost $250 on a necklace of paperclips from a washed up Youtuber? Uhh... Fck no! Most of her old demographic are now broke college uni students or High schoolers working minimum wage. This is so insanely out of touch and gross.
For the price, you would think there would be more creativity in the jewelry but it's all just...basic stars. Like even if her jewelry is supposed to be space theme, there's so much more to do with that. If she was limited in her first collection and could only do one shape, why not take advantage of the astrology trend right now and do the star signs. She could even do planet rings/bracelets or something. I don't care if the quality is worth it. If it looks like jewelry you can buy from a cheap website, why would I spend over a $100 for it?

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

This is the current thread. This thread was started and nobody alerted a moderator to lock the previous thread. People were posting in two threads.

white trash sparkles
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by white trash sparkles »

I can't even after all these years fathom why she was so popular. Her affinity for ''2013'' type vlogging and videos is likely because that's when she had her career peak.

But back to her once insane popularity. The girl was pretty but not especially gorgeous, slim but not model-size, bubbly but not any bubblier than any other ''get ready with me'' girl back then. Her fashion sense, makeup and styling was pretty standard for a beauty guru/fashion vlogger at the time and her genre of videos was once again... very standard. What I'm saying is I don't know what made her popular over anyone else. This almost seems like a deal-with-the-devil phenomenon hilariously enough. How this woman has 7 million in the bank from back then is beyond me.

Return to “Macbarbie07 / Bethany Mota”