Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: Andrea Matillano

Post by WORDSALAD »

Josie888 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:18 pm
KSGirl4Ever wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:45 am
Andrea always sounds and looks like she's reading a teleprompter. So scripted and rehearsed on top of talking too fast. I stopped watching her because of that.
I hadn't watched Andrea in awhile but I decided to watch one of her videos the other day. Yes, yes, yes --- she NEVER pauses to take a breath or to think or to just give my ears some time to not hear her talking. She talks SO fast like she's rehearsed it already and doesn't need to think about what she's saying.
This is what took me out of the Andrea game early. I want to like her but her machine gun ranting gave me a headache.
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

joanne
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0

Post by joanne »

I find it kind of shady to announce a giveaway and ask people to enter but not give any details on when the winner will be announced. It's a good way to make sure people go to the video every day and you get as many clicks as possible. She said she'll put the winner's name in the description, but it's been a week or longer and still nothing.
I swear someone did this last year too, they announced a giveaway but were super vague about the date and then people kept checking on the video until they got bored. I'm almost sure it was her, but possibly a different channel similar to hers.

alwaysspillingtea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by alwaysspillingtea »

joanne wrote:I find it kind of shady to announce a giveaway and ask people to enter but not give any details on when the winner will be announced. It's a good way to make sure people go to the video every day and you get as many clicks as possible. She said she'll put the winner's name in the description, but it's been a week or longer and still nothing.
I swear someone did this last year too, they announced a giveaway but were super vague about the date and then people kept checking on the video until they got bored. I'm almost sure it was her, but possibly a different channel similar to hers.
Nabela Noor does this a lot too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

kathleenlightsssss wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:34 am
She's still running a channel? Color me surprised. She's so bland.. for lack of a better word.. :|
She gets 16k-20k views per vid, so…yeah. I watch her channel a tiny bit, maybe once every few months and the only reason I do is because she has oily skin and I’m always up for oily skin product ideas. But the makeup, no. Her theme is drugstore elf, Milani and Colourpop which don’t interest me. My big bugaboo though is the cheap brushes she uses. She just trashed on the Zendo palette as "patchy" after using a super cheap synthetic brush, and wouldn’t hear of it that the brush is the problem, nope it’s the palette. Other YouTubers using better brushes did wonderfully with that palette. She’s not gonna ask "gee is it me and user error" to try and be objective, and check around to find out. I guess, why would you care to try and be a little bit objective when your 20k views are there no matter what?

Angel0925
Talker
Talker

Post by Angel0925 »

Saw that the last update on Andrea was in June so I just thought I'd add this for anyone who was interested.. Andrea posted on IG that they just adopted a baby boy, which is why she hasn't posted anywhere in almost a month. My sincerest congrats to her.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

I watched the video. She says some woman and the woman’s family "picked" Andrea and her husband to raise her child. While I do know someone who adopted a child in this way, and wish Andrea well, I won’t mind if she keeps it all private.

alwaysspillingtea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by alwaysspillingtea »

I am really happy for Andrea and her new adopted baby. I haven't watched any of her videos in soooo long. I doubt much is new since she always seems to repeat the same video topics.

Angel0925
Talker
Talker

Post by Angel0925 »

alwaysspillingtea wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:14 pm
I am really happy for Andrea and her new adopted baby. I haven't watched any of her videos in soooo long. I doubt much is new since she always seems to repeat the same video topics.
Yeah, I go back and forth with Andrea. Don't get me wrong, when it comes to *her*, I think she's an incredibly kind and good-natured person. If I knew her in real life, I'd probably want to be her friend. However, when it comes to her content? Jfc... it's staler than 1000 yr old crackers. The shit seriously bores me to tears. I honestly didn't think it could get any worse, but now that she has the baby and she's wearing less and less makeup, her content has gotten even MORE boring, right along with her makeup looks. It's come to the point where I won't even use her vids for background noise unless there is absolutely NOTHING else. It doesn't look like she's bleeding subs though... soooo good for her, ig? 🤷🏻‍♀️ Tbh, I'm really not sure how much longer I'll stay subbed to her. I don't like having my notifications clogged up with channels I never watch. It makes it harder to spot the ones I DO wanna check out. So yeah... I think Andrea and I are gonna go on a break.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

Watched a little bit of her update video before getting bored and clicking out. Moving is just not that interesting. But Leighannsays should watch Andrea for a how-to with making an update video.

I hardly watch her content, mainly keep subbed to see what’s new in drugstore makeup just on the thumbnails. She rattles along. She’s very pretty but I wish she’d cut off that heavy ratty hair into a modern hairstyle. The hair drags her face down and makes her look heavy. An actual haircut would take 10 years off her look and sell the idea of drugstore makeup if she looked more polished. The hair gives her a van life/old time religion look. Honestly her house looks more modern than she does.

babyspice187
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by babyspice187 »

Her videos have always been a little harder to follow but lately she's SUCH A SNOREFEST! Her latest declutter video was so annoying. She says she "has too much" but she keeps 10 primers that do the same exact thing. 🤦‍♀️ I just can't bring myself to watch her videos anymore.

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by DrowningInMelancholy »

She has so much makeup and her skills do not reflect that....at all. She seems like a very nice person but she has so much makeup and when I watch her declutter it's nauseating how much unused and objectively good products are being thrown away. In her blush declutter I'm like "girl, all you wear is beige and peach blush!"

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

She finally cut off a few inches of ratty hair, but it still looks terrible with a center part and plastered down like shiny grease to the top of her head. Looks like high school girls I remember from the 1970s coming to school with unwashed greasy hair stuck to their scalp. Or like a sister-wife.

Her declutters show the real fast-fashion junk basis to drugstore makeup on YT and Tiktok. She declutters 2-3 times a year to maintain what looks like a smaller, more thoughtful collection, but she went through 20x more products to get there than most other YTs who have huge collections but hardly ever declutter. Her declutters really mask how much makeup she cycles through. She is one of those who reasons through the amount of makeup trash by saying she does it so you don't have to do the same, and that sisters and cousins take the declutters. What they probably do is throw it away after a year tops. Drugstore makeup goes bad quickly, especially lipsticks, and is designed for you to repurchase often.

But I don't like the "morally responsible" vibe she gives off by doing these frequent declutters, to keep her collection looking more normal. Because she doesn't really face that sheer volume of makeup she consumes in a year. I suppose the point is to let viewers feel more sanctimonious and ultra-responsible with money because they spend $4-5 on a lipstick or elf palette instead of $35 on a lipstick and $65 on a palette. But when that approach ends up with consuming 40-60 lipsticks a year, 30-40 lip glosses minimum, and countless eye shadows, the money spent or PR hauled loses any lifestyle lessons other than toss often. It only works if you have 5 sisters (wives) and 25 cousins living nearby. Sure, you might end up finding the "best" drugstore foundation, but only after you tossed 25 of them.

And I just don't see how "watching" that shortens the process of a viewer finding a right foundation, they are still likely to go through multiples to find one. All it demostrates is that buying tons to just keep four of everything is one junkie method, but it is no more responsible than getting shade-matched at a department store and trying maybe two formulas to refine the choice.

What happens when you can't toss stuff? Then you end up with the 100-shade Colourpop collection.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

Adopted another baby.

I keep thinking about her 100 Colourpop Super Shock shade collection. I don't know why she buys any eye makeup at all. She could probably spend two years easy just duping current eye looks with Colourpop. It would be so much more responsible not just for her collection, but to encourage people to dupe before going out to buy the latest thing.

Return to “A-E”