winterscoming
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICovetThreeTonedHair - part 2

Post by winterscoming »

https://www.instagram.com/p/Byf_WnoFHV ... k750ejos00

Sorry if that didn’t insert properly, I’ve never inserted an instagram from my phone. But look, an entirely original picture full of filters and tons of beige. Eyeroll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The lone wolf dies but the pack survives.

kiox
Debater
Debater

Post by kiox »

Yawn.

bevflannery
Talker
Talker

Post by bevflannery »

Lulu92 wrote:
bevflannery wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:04 pm
Lulu92 wrote:
superficialthings wrote: Do you think her desire for the perfectly curated feed contributes to her lack of new, interesting content? I can't tell if she feels limited by the fact that she thinks everything she creates needs to fit a certain aesthetic OR if she's just really fucking lazy and doesn't care about any of it anymore.
I think she is lazy and she has zero motivation!!! I just started watching her latest vid... I'm two minutes in and bored already so came on here to say why the hell don't youtubers iron stuff they wear before filming!! Really grinds my gears! Stop obsessing over your colour schemes etc and just take ten minutes to iron your top and look presentable!!! Baffles me the money they chuck away on endless stuff then don't even iron the stuff they wear!!!
Exactly my thoughts!!

I would iron my tshirt if it looked like that before going to work, where I see about 10 people in a day, let alone if I was putting myself on the internet for thousands of people to watch! I don't get it. She just seems so lack lustre.
Me too!

Poopettemetis
Informer
Informer

Post by Poopettemetis »

I'm over the "I sized up for an oversized fit" thing. You may have sized up, but the shirt fits period. You sized up because it fits you now, not because it becomes oversized. It's not oversized. It fits.

lavieenrose
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lavieenrose »

I can't sit through another video of her clothing, I love neutrals but her style has been so depressing along with whatever filters she uses. Would it kill her to add some colour to her wardrobe?

makeupbullshit
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by makeupbullshit »

so she plans to upload 4x/week and you get the feeling that she already stresses about it, because Sam did all the editing before.... anyways, her regular schedule was twice per week but in reality it has been more like twice per month, and she didn't even edit stuff back then... oh dear...
and what about her dialogue with Jack about who is paying the bills? Is he implying that only he pays the bills?

Biba girl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Biba girl »

Those white Zara pants in her last video were SO TIGHT on her. No way she can sit down in them and not rip the seams.

TTGirl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by TTGirl »

She’s definitely gained some weight back. Nothing wrong with that but the pants were either bought at her previous size or she didn’t want to admit she’s gone up a size or two. Regardless yes a lot her pants and clothings look very tight and uncomfortable on her.

RosalitaRaspberry
Debater
Debater

Post by RosalitaRaspberry »

makeupbullshit wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:49 pm
so she plans to upload 4x/week and you get the feeling that she already stresses about it, because Sam did all the editing before.... anyways, her regular schedule was twice per week but in reality it has been more like twice per month, and she didn't even edit stuff back then... oh dear...
and what about her dialogue with Jack about who is paying the bills? Is he implying that only he pays the bills?
I wouldn't be surprised if he is paying all the bills. He was already living in London, which leads me to believe that he has a pretty decent job that makes him able to afford the cost of living. She might contribute some financially, but I can't imagine it is much or that it is consistent. She seems to mostly be gifted items but doesn't seem to have any actual sponsorships where she is being paid (let alone paid regularly). The only other way to make money would be if she is a.) selling her gifted items and b.) whatever money she is making off affiliate links. Then again, her laziness prevents her apparently from mailing off Depop purchases in a timely manner and she posts so inconsistently, that I can't imagine she's making tons of money off of either of those situations.

makeupbullshit
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by makeupbullshit »

I recently read somewhere that Instagram is much more profitable than youtube. She posts there regularly & had some sponsorship with Chanel going on.

Poopettemetis
Informer
Informer

Post by Poopettemetis »

The how to style summer whites video was 😬 all of those outfits, bar the white dress, were horrible! They either weren’t styled well or they didn’t fit right. Wear what makes you comfortable and whatever, but the pants and skirt did her no favors. And it has to be uncomfortable to sit down.

curious
Learner
Learner

Post by curious »

I'm feeling kinda suspicious about how much Alix and Zoe are talking about couch to 5k at the moment. My conspiracy theorist side is wondering if they're both talking it up because they have upcoming partnerships with them, so that they can be like "this is a brand you guys know I've been using and loving already!" and it'll seem more authentic to their audiences.

Wildling
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Wildling »

RosalitaRaspberry wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:29 am
makeupbullshit wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:49 pm
I wouldn't be surprised if he is paying all the bills. He was already living in London, which leads me to believe that he has a pretty decent job that makes him able to afford the cost of living. She might contribute some financially, but I can't imagine it is much or that it is consistent. She seems to mostly be gifted items but doesn't seem to have any actual sponsorships where she is being paid (let alone paid regularly). The only other way to make money would be if she is a.) selling her gifted items and b.) whatever money she is making off affiliate links. Then again, her laziness prevents her apparently from mailing off Depop purchases in a timely manner and she posts so inconsistently, that I can't imagine she's making tons of money off of either of those situations.
Alix probably lives off the money from renting out her old house or the sale (she was a kind of vague about what she was doing with her old place). I thought she might have a sponsorship with Arket, since she seems to be hauling the sh*t out of them right now, and I can’t fathom why on earth she feels the need to buy more blazers, plain t shirts and too-tight white jeans unless they’re gifted/ads.

The boyf seems like a normal lowkey guy though, I wonder what his opinion is on her vapid lifestyle and how he explains her job to his friends and family?! I wonder if any of them have googled her and watched her videos.

snarkvark
Informer
Informer

Post by snarkvark »

curious wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:00 am
I'm feeling kinda suspicious about how much Alix and Zoe are talking about couch to 5k at the moment. My conspiracy theorist side is wondering if they're both talking it up because they have upcoming partnerships with them, so that they can be like "this is a brand you guys know I've been using and loving already!" and it'll seem more authentic to their audiences.
This is such a good theory and it's probably true! This is something I could see PR recommending infleuncers doing to make ads get more interactions.

nervousbeachgoer
Informer
Informer

Post by nervousbeachgoer »

What did her boyfriend say about paying the bills?

Alix has always seemed to have a good income despite only working sporadically so I expect she’s still somehow making plenty but just doesn’t think she should have to pay the bills she’s always seemed quite spoilt

Poopettemetis
Informer
Informer

Post by Poopettemetis »

I dabble in running (injured now so taking some time off), but I also started running with Couch25k and her tips are kinda...underwhelming and not useful. She makes no mention of getting properly fitted for shoes, investing in a supportive sports bra (especially if you're larger chested), stretch / foam roll / any pre- or post-run routine to minimize risk of injury. The longer your runs get, the more important it is to consider all of those things. Doesn't even suggest finding a running group (which as a self-defined slower runner, I get it's intimidating, but there are groups specific to different paces).

blahblah123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by blahblah123 »

Goes running once and suddenly has “tips” and talks about it constantly. :roll:

nervousbeachgoer
Informer
Informer

Post by nervousbeachgoer »

blahblah123 wrote:Goes running once and suddenly has “tips” and talks about it constantly. :roll:
So irritating when ‘influencers’ do this

None of them are experts in anything yet think they have something to say then they don’t even more to do any research or come up with anything other than the most basic generic ‘tips’

saurusofha
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by saurusofha »

She has SO many clothes and is shopping constantly and remember not long ago she 'decluttered' another mountain of things? Girl needs to find a different source of therapy other than buying the same bland beige or ecru things.

That wardrobe tidy up was upsetting.

TTGirl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by TTGirl »

And some of her stuff (at least a pair of white jeans) still have the tags on!

Return to “I Covet Thee”