Helen Anderson/snakebitesparkles part 3

Oogleboogle
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Helen Anderson/snakebitesparkles part 3

Post by Oogleboogle »

Lookbook comparison, get old lookbook was far superior. Maybe the filming quality wasn't as good but she looked far more put together and fashionable. The new one she looks like a train wreck

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Irishish
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Irishish »

The latest video comes across as if she read negative comments about how her style has evolved over the years on here, made a video specifically to get positive comments from her fans to balance out the negative comments in her mind.

routron
Learner
Learner

Post by routron »

Irishish wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:14 am
The latest video comes across as if she read negative comments about how her style has evolved over the years on here, made a video specifically to get positive comments from her fans to balance out the negative comments in her mind.
I thought that! I'm pretty sure that not even that long ago people were talking specifically about preferring her old lookbooks and then wow suddenly!!!! Look at that. A video comparing her old lookbooks to now. I thought she didn't read here? :rofl:

Irishish
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Irishish »

routron wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:46 am
Irishish wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:14 am
I thought that! I'm pretty sure that not even that long ago people were talking specifically about preferring her old lookbooks and then wow suddenly!!!! Look at that. A video comparing her old lookbooks to now. I thought she didn't read here? :rofl:
It is amazing how much she will deflect criticism. She can never be in the wrong. Just checked and all the comments are positive under her video. So now she can have a nice long list of comments to prove comments here are wrong.

She said in the video she would wear a lot of those outfits now. Shorts and skirts that stop at the top of your thigh start looking ridiculous as you head towards your 30s unless you've got the legs of a supermodel. Nothing to do with size or weight but unless you have crazy stunning legs its going to look like a bad outfit choice.

ItsGigiguys
Talker
Talker

Post by ItsGigiguys »

Am I mistaken or does Helen's belly look like it is cropped out in her recent IG ad for period unterwear?

I've had casually watched some of Helen's videos in the past and only started watching pretty much all of her content around the time she separated from her husband. And while there are aspects about her that I admire, lately a lot has been bothering me. One thing being how she's dealing with her weight....

BrideOfFrankenstein
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BrideOfFrankenstein »

^ It kinda looks like that, but if you look closely you can see it's just the way the light hits her stomach, making it look super white. Whenever I see her stomach area it makes me think of a 50 yo dude's beer belly - literally, because I don't think she ever stopped drinking in an attempt to lose some weight. I mean, imo she doesn't have to lose weight if she's totally OK with her body (which we all know she isn't), but at the same time, having a beer belly at her age (or at any age really) doesn't seem very healthy to me. :?

ItsGigiguys
Talker
Talker

Post by ItsGigiguys »

@BrideofFrankenstein

Have you zoomed in? I have saved the pic, and zoomed in and it really looks like it is cropped out....

Irishish
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Irishish »

ItsGigiguys wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:05 pm
@BrideofFrankenstein

Have you zoomed in? I have saved the pic, and zoomed in and it really looks like it is cropped out....
Her face, stomach and back of her legs are edited.

There is a lot of additional light added to her face.
The line of the wardrobe above her arms is straight while the line near her stomach area isn't completely straight.
The lines of the rug don't match up, the left side of the rug isn't as clear as the other side because that area of the photo has also been manipulated.

Irishish
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Irishish »

ItsGigiguys wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:05 pm
@BrideofFrankenstein

Her face, stomach and back of her legs are edited.

There is a lot of additional light added to her face to straighten her features.
The line of the wardrobe above her arms is straight while the line near her stomach area isn't completely straight.
The lines of the rug don't match up, the left side of the rug isn't as clear as the other side because that area of the photo has also been manipulated.

ItsGigiguys
Talker
Talker

Post by ItsGigiguys »

Yes @Irishish, thank you. It's so obvious she edits her pictures. But that stomach is on a new level – it's whiter than all her other skin, whiter than her wardrobe, whiter than her white t-shirt, it has absolutely no dimension, is flat like a sheet of paper – because it is cut out of the picture.

Guess all those Mini Magnums, KINDER Bueno Ice Cream Cones and chocolate bars Helen eats don't feel that great after all....

meg1912
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by meg1912 »

Yeah, you can tell how self-confident Helen is stretching her t-shirt. ImageImage
Her over the top hair and makeup legit make her look like a mad woman. ImageImage

Post by Guest »

Eco-friendly Helen here, shilling period knickers she’s never used for anything other than posing in a photo - for cash. Telling us how she loves the facecloth, as though it had just been invented.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ItsGigiguys
Talker
Talker

Post by ItsGigiguys »

Mind you, face cloth bought at Primark, of all places, one of the worst companies on earth.

In terms of sustainability Helen has to catch up majorly. Makes me want to slap her in the face whenever she comes back from grocery shopping with multiple plastic bags after she had told us viewers at the beginning of the video that she plans to go to the grocery store later in the day. Why can't you just keep a stack of reusable totes or a big basket permanently in your car, Helen? And then the groceries she buys are also mostly pre-cut triple packaged convenience type things. Like, is cutting up some zucchini really that hard? Or pouring two portions of rice from a bigger bag/container?

That must be a point of friction between her and Mark. It's good to hear her say that she wants to improve. I know I would resent a partner who was consistently making such bad choices, especially after being educated by multiple people (I remember Helen mentioned a while back that one of her sisters did). Mark works with the environment, and is surely clued in when it comes to the climate crisis we face. A few months back he mentioned in one of her vlogs that he struggles with the intellectual difference in their relationship. I believe it went over Helen's head, otherwise she would have cut it out, I mean it is insulting.... Not sure if her infantilizing herself by throwing fits, sulking and talking in a high pitched cutesy baby voice is helpful with that.

honeysuckkle
Lurker
Lurker

Post by honeysuckkle »

ItsGigiguys wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:59 pm
Yes @Irishish, thank you. It's so obvious she edits her pictures. But that stomach is on a new level – it's whiter than all her other skin, whiter than her wardrobe, whiter than her white t-shirt, it has absolutely no dimension, is flat like a sheet of paper – because it is cut out of the picture
Just adding my 2 cents in, doing retouching for a living - the tummy isn't 'cut out', it's just an area where the sunlight is hitting the hardest, combined with equally light background

PS her calling anything she does environmentally conscious (she can't even type it out ffs) is just a bloody joke to me

ItsGigiguys
Talker
Talker

Post by ItsGigiguys »

honeysuckkle wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:50 am

Just adding my 2 cents in [...]
Thanks, I magnified 800x and her tummy area has no pixels. Unlike any other part of her body (including her face and hands that are just as exposed to the light).

Post by Guest »

I pass on most of her videos these days, because I just can’t see the point in anything she does. She can’t be a professional deadhead consumer, so she’s just a copy and paste youtuber instead. It’s frustrating seeing someone of her age behave like a petulant child, throwing tantrums like that over a chocolate bar. There isn’t even any comedy value in her anymore. Mark seems like a genuinely decent guy and I did notice early on that his intelligence far surpassed hers, which isn’t always easy to work through. I think what stood out for me, was a games night they were having and it was pretty obvious there was an imbalance, there. She seems very dismissive toward him and i do wonder how frustrating that must be if he wanted to debate a subject or discuss ideas or things he is interested in. I imagine she calls him boring a little too often, because that appears to be her view on things she fails to understand. It’s a shame. If she is trying to be more eco-friendly, then good for her, but everything seems forced. She has no attention span and everything must revolve conveniently around her, so I honestly can’t imagine how it even works or what his friends must think of her.

* Also a professional graphic designer (studio owner) and I too can confirm her stomach hasn’t been retouched. I don’t think much of that photo has, if at all. It doesn’t appear pixilated because it’s a larger area, saturated with light. Comparing this photo to others, to me, her stomach looks this way in most outfits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Irishish
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Irishish »

I know mark seems like a nice guy but to me he doesn't seem that into her at all, they aren't well suited. I'm getting the waiting for something better to come along vibes.

I give it until Christmas.

BrideOfFrankenstein
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BrideOfFrankenstein »

ItsGigiguys wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:34 am
That must be a point of friction between her and Mark. It's good to hear her say that she wants to improve. I know I would resent a partner who was consistently making such bad choices, especially after being educated by multiple people (I remember Helen mentioned a while back that one of her sisters did). Mark works with the environment, and is surely clued in when it comes to the climate crisis we face. A few months back he mentioned in one of her vlogs that he struggles with the intellectual difference in their relationship. I believe it went over Helen's head, otherwise she would have cut it out, I mean it is insulting.... Not sure if her infantilizing herself by throwing fits, sulking and talking in a high pitched cutesy baby voice is helpful with that.
Omg he said that? While she was there?! Ouch! :rofl: I mean I never thought of Helen as someone highly intellectual, but not someone very dense either - although she certainly knows how to make herself look dumb as hell. However the fact that she left that in (AKA apparently doesn't understand what he's saying) means she's dumber than I expected..

ItsGigiguys
Talker
Talker

Post by ItsGigiguys »

Glorybox wrote: * Also a professional graphic designer (studio owner) and I too can confirm [...]
Thanks for chiming in.
BrideOfFrankenstein wrote: Omg he said that? [...]
Yeah, he said something about the intelligence of the company he currently keeps being lower. It was during a serious conversation, not in a playful manner. She did respond with „rude“ and a nervous laugh, but I'm not sure she realized he talked about her, who can't spell environmentally conscious. That was months ago, they're still dating, and he called himself „proud boyfriend“ on twitter today.

Frigg
Talker
Talker

Post by Frigg »

Helen cannot talk about sustainability. She buys so much stuff in packaging, minute rice, precut vegetables (useful/a necessity for people with disabilities not youtubers who have the time and are able to cut vegetables), clothing orders, she even occasionally buys frozen roast potatoes for fucks sake. She only ever talks about it if she is being paid. But I hope that her being paid to advertise sustainable products makes her more likely to be more environmentally conscious.

Return to “Helen Anderson”