thebratpack
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Brat

Post by thebratpack »

brokenwing29 wrote:
Summersby wrote:Why is the "chicken boy" in the "Girl Time" segment where Annie's talking about leaving the boys on the sideline for her girl friends? :|

ETA: There was a major audio/transition error about 3 minutes into the video. Who didn't notice this?
If it is the part where Kayla/Dylan yells "mom" I noticed it. It annoys me how they have to keep reinforcing that Kayla is Tim's cousin "hey, cuz; my aunt and Kayla's mom, etc" and that the one girl whose name I can't remember is Hayden's sister. Every time she greets him she calls him "little bro." Although to be honest I do kind of forget that those two are supposed to be related. It's hard to focus on anything in Hayden's scenes because he is just so bad (sorry for beating a dead horse but it's true).
Yeah because in real life Dylan (who plays Kayla) and Caden (who plays Tim) are related, and the Lewis twins are related but in the show they flip it around so it's more of a reinforcement on the cast rather than for us. Tbh I forgot that Kayla and Tim were cousins lol.

PinkGinFairy
Debater
Debater

Post by PinkGinFairy »

Riley and Mads aren’t twins their triplets they have a brother which is why they can get away with playing like they aren’t related because they look like sisters but not twins.

musiclover12
Informer
Informer

Post by musiclover12 »

Anyone watched the new episode of Total Eclipse? It's not half bad in my opinion.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

chloesweb85
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by chloesweb85 »

montsecll6 wrote:Txunamy's mom and little brother are filming something for Brat as well.

Brat is starting to look like a cult now with all these families on a bunch of different shows being actors, producers... and always hanging out together.
Txunamy’s mom is the ultimate stage mom. She has her own insta and Facebook full of selfies and modeling poses. Txunamys baby sister has an insta where she is “available for collabs” as if she even knows what is happening.

brokenwing29
Informer
Informer

Post by brokenwing29 »

musiclover12 wrote:Anyone watched the new episode of Total Eclipse? It's not half bad in my opinion.

I enjoyed the friendship drama between Kate and Cassie at the end. Cassie said something really hurtful to Kate who has done nothing but take her side even though she would be more popular if she dropped her. The conflict here is real and relatable, not like the million stupid subplots they use to keep Rhyme and TJ apart on CG for one more episode (because what are they going to do when they finally get together? Neither Hayden or Annie are good enough actors to play out a real relationship)...Anyway, I like how this is a smaller cast than CG and I can keep track of the characters more easily. I also like that both the lead characters kind of march to the beat of their own drummer. I get tired of these teens who have to wear just the right thing and pose exactly like however the other kids on IG are posing and do whatever is currently trendy. Kate said something at the end about discovering people being like she discovers new places. I think she latched onto Cassie because she is different and more interesting to get to know. They are good examples for the kids watching, many who are probably obsessed with trends and fitting in. I have always thought that the kids who don't fit exactly fit in or who are outcasts are far more interesting than those who merely blend in. Cold comfort for those who are being bullied maybe, but that's why I enjoy the Kate character especially - she's different, she doesn't try to be anything else, and she seems perfectly happy with who she is. I expected to only watch this "show" to laugh at the cringeyness (like I do with CG), but I find myself kind of liking it.

Did anyone watch the short preview of Hayley's show - Mani? The Good Luck Charlie girl is playing some new kid who it seems will come between Skye and Harmony. Harmony refers to Charlie as her new best friend. First she takes Skye's crush and now she friend-dumps her. I like Hayley's character more on CG where she is a sweet little kid who plays with stuffed animals and gives her big sister advice. I did notice that Hayley's acting seemed a little less stiff than before in the preview, though she only spoke one line.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

I like TE better too. I agree that I feel more connected to the characters and seem more likable. I don’t really find anyone on CG to be interesting and the acting is so bad that they can’t make them likable. I too was like wow that’s cold Cassie, telling someone you never wanted to be their friend and that you used them to get your old friends back. It seems more realistic but I also felt like Cassie was not as blinded or desperate for acceptance that they are making her seem. She seems to be in her own world and not focused on certain people liking her. I know she is trying to get old friends back, but it still just doesn’t seem like Cassie to be so blinded to the warnings even her old friend tried to dish out. I hope that it works out, but not before some seriously embarrassing thing happens at the party. Like every other teen flick.

musiclover12
Informer
Informer

Post by musiclover12 »

Total Eclipse has a different feel to it, which I like. I'm liking Lauren's and Kenzie's characters so far, and I agree that it's easier to keep track of less people in Total Eclipse than in Chicken Girls. For example, it isn't like in the Game of Thrones books, where there are a million characters doing several things at once and you literally have no idea where anyone is or what their purpose is. It's more manageable to watch than CG.

Everything except the shipping I can watch, lol.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Omg omg omg don’t even get me started on Game of Thrones. The amount of characters and storylines you have to keep track of is soooo frustrating. I can’t keep up with that show. It also doesn’t help that literally they are taking a year hiatus. How am I supposed to remember what Arya and Daenarys are doing and what about the wall?! Ugh. That show gets me man. It’s so good and so confusing. I feel like I’m too dumb for it. Lmao.

skyandbuildings
Learner
Learner

Post by skyandbuildings »

It Bratayley's last vlog they announced both the girls were getting their own shows. Disaster?

brokenwing29
Informer
Informer

Post by brokenwing29 »

Let's face it. They already have their own shows. Mani might have started out as Piper's and the guy who plays Mani's but with Hayley's first appearance it became the Hayley Show. And CG might have a million characters but everyone knows who the kids tune in for, though she might be the second least talented one in the cast. I'm guessing with these new shows A and H will be in every scene and carry the whole thing. I'm not sure they are ready for that. I hope they are assembling some very good supporting casts so the shows won't be completely cringey. I wonder if Mani and CG will end, if the shows will continue on without the sisters or if they will be working on two shows at once. More importantly, will Hayden be cast as Annie's love interest in the new show or are the LeBlancs trying to phase him out?

I wonder if the LeBlancs have now resigned to the fact that Annie and Hayley will always be You Tube stars and nothing more. Every "secret exciting project" is always about something that will only be posted on You Tube. Even Annie's breif appearance on that Bizardvark show centered around her being a web star. Maybe they are thinking of Brat as a stepping stone or a way to get extra exposure before their careers really take off. Hopefully they are only doing this for fun and profit, but they seem to take their acting "careers" seriously, in that they seem to think of themselves as big stars.

chloesweb85
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by chloesweb85 »

brokenwing29 wrote:Let's face it. They already have their own shows. Mani might have started out as Piper's and the guy who plays Mani's but with Hayley's first appearance it became the Hayley Show. And CG might have a million characters but everyone knows who the kids tune in for, though she might be the second least talented one in the cast. I'm guessing with these new shows A and H will be in every scene and carry the whole thing. I'm not sure they are ready for that. I hope they are assembling some very good supporting casts so the shows won't be completely cringey. I wonder if Mani and CG will end, if the shows will continue on without the sisters or if they will be working on two shows at once. More importantly, will Hayden be cast as Annie's love interest in the new show or are the LeBlancs trying to phase him out?

I wonder if the LeBlancs have now resigned to the fact that Annie and Hayley will always be You Tube stars and nothing more. Every "secret exciting project" is always about something that will only be posted on You Tube. Even Annie's breif appearance on that Bizardvark show centered around her being a web star. Maybe they are thinking of Brat as a stepping stone or a way to get extra exposure before their careers really take off. Hopefully they are only doing this for fun and profit, but they seem to take their acting "careers" seriously, in that they seem to think of themselves as big stars.
"We are each getting our own show!!"
"Oh, interesting..."
"On Brat" :roll:

blacksheep95
Informer
Informer

Post by blacksheep95 »

chloesweb85 wrote:
montsecll6 wrote:Txunamy's mom and little brother are filming something for Brat as well.

Brat is starting to look like a cult now with all these families on a bunch of different shows being actors, producers... and always hanging out together.
Txunamy’s mom is the ultimate stage mom. She has her own insta and Facebook full of selfies and modeling poses. Txunamys baby sister has an insta where she is “available for collabs” as if she even knows what is happening.
Poor kid's almost 4 but speaks at the level of a 1-year-old. Instead of spending so much time on social media, they should probably get her some speech therapy (unless she suffers some developmental issues that I'm not aware of)

Idk why I always thought Txunamy was a stage name beause they didn't want to reveal her actual name, but turns out it is actually her real name :roll:

I haven't watched Chicken Girls since the first episode, so I can't compare, but I agree that I quite like TE.
I should probably be working...

blacksheep95
Informer
Informer

Post by blacksheep95 »

Ooh, sorry for the double post but I just watched the Bratayley vlog and realised I had misunderstood what you guys were saying. It is so ridiculous it hadn't even crossed my mind that they both could possibly be getting their own show and not one for the two of them.

As brokenwings29 said, they are already the main charachters on their shows, so why give them new ones? I think if they quit CG and Mani, both of these shows (but especially CG) are going to lose a ton of viewers very quickly, just like it happened with RYH when Annie dropped out of that tour. Let's face it, the shows Hayley & Annie are on are the only ones on Brat that are doing well (except for TE with Kenzie), all the others get a decent amount of views but it's nothing special. Fans only care about the other kids because they're friends with the Leblancs, not because they truly like them. Without them, they are doomed.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

chloesweb85 wrote:
brokenwing29 wrote:Let's face it. They already have their own shows. Mani might have started out as Piper's and the guy who plays Mani's but with Hayley's first appearance it became the Hayley Show. And CG might have a million characters but everyone knows who the kids tune in for, though she might be the second least talented one in the cast. I'm guessing with these new shows A and H will be in every scene and carry the whole thing. I'm not sure they are ready for that. I hope they are assembling some very good supporting casts so the shows won't be completely cringey. I wonder if Mani and CG will end, if the shows will continue on without the sisters or if they will be working on two shows at once. More importantly, will Hayden be cast as Annie's love interest in the new show or are the LeBlancs trying to phase him out?

"Oh, interesting..."
After that whole commentary from Billy in the car waiting for Annie to get out of the one and only acting lesson she’s ever had and he was like “maybe she is just soooo good that they wanted to keep her longer.” Billy believes Annie is some insanely talented actress. He thinks Annie is the next Ariana Grande. He is just as delusional as Katie he just doesn’t show it the same way Katie does. But I guarantee you he is just as involved in this as Katie is. Annie couldn’t even get an acting job at a Disney Park never mind her own show on Disney channel. They have to at least know that the girls aren’t skilled enough to be marketed to real companies like Nickelodeon or Disney or even have a Hulu or Netflix series. Even though Netflix gave Miranda Sings a show it lasted 2 seasons and that will probably be the end of Miranda as we know it outside of YouTube. However, YouTube is more popular among kids than regular tv including Netflix and Hulu. Just flipping through a tiger beat the other week all the celebs were off musically, Instagram or YouTube. Some Disney channel stars. But the majority of the celebs were internet famous.

f4k_oyevey
Talker
Talker

Post by f4k_oyevey »

Lisatheacrobat wrote:
chloesweb85 wrote:

"Oh, interesting..."
After that whole commentary from Billy in the car waiting for Annie to get out of the one and only acting lesson she’s ever had and he was like “maybe she is just soooo good that they wanted to keep her longer.” Billy believes Annie is some insanely talented actress. He thinks Annie is the next Ariana Grande. He is just as delusional as Katie he just doesn’t show it the same way Katie does. But I guarantee you he is just as involved in this as Katie is. Annie couldn’t even get an acting job at a Disney Park never mind her own show on Disney channel. They have to at least know that the girls aren’t skilled enough to be marketed to real companies like Nickelodeon or Disney or even have a Hulu or Netflix series. Even though Netflix gave Miranda Sings a show it lasted 2 seasons and that will probably be the end of Miranda as we know it outside of YouTube. However, YouTube is more popular among kids than regular tv including Netflix and Hulu. Just flipping through a tiger beat the other week all the celebs were off musically, Instagram or YouTube. Some Disney channel stars. But the majority of the celebs were internet famous.
I dint know if you were joking about Miranda Sings or not. Its funny you use Miranda Sings as an example, because Miranda is a character that Colleen Ballinger (a real person with talent) made up to parody everyone who does over the top things to get "internet famous". Her fake world includes a family member that basically tries to buy her fame because she has no real talent. Sound familiar? Colleen is actually a really talented artist /singer. She has a degree in vocal performance. And actually worked for Disney as a singer in a show at Disneyland when first starting out, which is crazy competitive! Check out some of her actual real life singing including Gravity from Wicked, amongst others. She is also close friends with Ariana Grande irl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chloesweb85
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by chloesweb85 »

f4k_oyevey wrote:
Lisatheacrobat wrote:
chloesweb85 wrote:

"Oh, interesting..."
I dint know if you were joking about Miranda Sings or not. Its funny you use Miranda Sings as an example, because Miranda is a character that Colleen Ballinger (a real person with talent) made up to parody everyone who does over the top things to get "internet famous". Her fake world includes a family member that basically tries to buy her fame because she has no real talent. Sound familiar? Colleen is actually a really talented artist /singer. She has a degree in vocal performance. And actually worked for Disney as a singer in a show at Disneyland when first starting out, which is crazy competitive! Check out some of her actual real life singing including Gravity from Wicked, amongst others. She is also close friends with Ariana Grande irl.

I’m not really Miranda’s target audience, but I watch her videos as Colleen and she is hilarious and I agree super talented. I think she is one of the true Youtube success stories.

f4k_oyevey
Talker
Talker

Post by f4k_oyevey »

chloesweb85 wrote:
f4k_oyevey wrote:
Lisatheacrobat wrote:
chloesweb85 wrote:

"Oh, interesting..."

I’m not really Miranda’s target audience, but I watch her videos as Colleen and she is hilarious and I agree super talented. I think she is one of the true Youtube success stories.
Agreed. And me either, lol. You said that much better than me!

blacksheep95
Informer
Informer

Post by blacksheep95 »

Her fake world includes a family member that basically tries to buy her fame because she has no real talent.
I know this is not the right forum for this, but this is actually how I've always felt about Colleen's brother Chris

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

montsecll6 wrote:
Her fake world includes a family member that basically tries to buy her fame because she has no real talent.
I know this is not the right forum for this, but this is actually how I've always felt about Colleen's brother Chris
What do you mean? Like he used his sisters platform to create his own fame? I haven’t watched them in a while. I haven’t watched Colleen in a while either. I have met her twice and she is super sweet, Rachel is super nice too. But I feel like the rules that Chris imposed on his family were way too strict like the kids couldn’t have sugar even at birthday parties. No television, homeschooled. It just seemed way too controlling. Any time a family is that strict it gives me weird cult vibes and I’m not saying they are in a cult, it just seems super strict to impose such strong rules on such little kids. I understand if you want to keep it from your kid most of the time because it’s not the best for them. But I remember one time Bailey got a coupon for a free ice cream from somewhere (I thought it was school but I’m pretty sure she is homeschooled) and Chris made her gift it away cause she can’t have sugar. Perhaps they have heath issues that they need to be that way because of but otherwise, why can’t she splurge once in a while as a reward? I just got weird strict vibes that I didn’t like and then as a family they aren’t very interesting. I don’t find the kids to be all that interesting. So I just quit watching them. What about you?

keliza
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by keliza »

Nicole Butler is listed as executive producer for CG. Billy is also listed as a producer. First of all how are they going to proceed with CG with RYH out in the cold?

I also have some vague memory that Billy was involved with Brat in some other way. They make it sound like this company discovered Annie and chose her from many potential child actors when really it is the YouTube version of vanity publishing. If your kid has viewers and you have money, your kid gets a show. Or shows, if your kid is not sufficiently highlighted in the first one.

If Annie indeed starts filming multiple shows, and goes on her own tour, she will never ever get out of middle school even with a program that lets you do a week off school in a few hours.

Return to “Bratayley”