Brat

Summersby
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Brat

Post by Summersby »

It bugs me how every time Rhyme talks, it comes out in the form of a sigh. She always sounds like she's barely awake.

Also, you'd think these girls who are so dedicated to dance competitions would know how many people they'd need on their team to compete in this thing they've been building up for a while.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

brokenwing29 wrote:Tonight's episode of CG-More the Merrier. Rhyme has got yet another guy crushing on her AND Tim is plotting to get her back after she made it clear she wasn't into him and pretty much ignored him the whole time they "dated." So it's Tim, the new boy, another kid who was asking for her number recently, the boy from the beach who is 17 in real life and of course, TK...all who are currently hot for little Rhyme. Look, I'm not hating on a 13 year old's looks. Annie is a perfectly cute and average-looking 7th grade girl. Five years from now she may very well have all the guys drooling after her, but she ain't there yet, especially when she is surrounded by more developed, more conventionally pretty girls. Girls who get all the male attention (without underlying reasons like being the star or rich or the relative of someone important) usually have Barbie doll good-looks and bodies and/or loud, look-at-me, charismatic personalities. If Annie were to be placed in a regular middle school now, once the novelty of having a You Tube star attending wore off, I think she would be sorely disappointed. Rhyme doesn't even have an interesting personality, so I'm not sure who the writers are trying to fool.

I thought with the Chicken Girls being short two members to compete that they were going to have Hayden and the new guy who likes Annie put on dresses and masquerade as two new girl members. I would have been down for such a plot twist. It would have been an easy laugh (especially with how "too cool for it" Hayden always is) and would have yet again shown TK's devotion to Rhyme. Do you think they had the CGs disqualified so they wouldn't have to write them (realistically) as the losers? Because Annie can never lose unless there is some reason for her that is not her fault! It can't be that someone else was better! Though my above paragraph shows the writers don't care much about realism so...

Anyone else watch? I kind of like having this thread so we can make fun of and critique the episodes as they are posted.

Honestly, I have never found Annie to be stunningly pretty for her age. She is at best average looking. She’s pretty don’t get me wrong, but I find bot Liv and Katie D to be prettier than Annie. Have you seen Liv lately? She’s really pretty and Katie is growing up to be a very pretty girl too. I think Annie’s need to be perfect actually makes her look less pretty. For example, the hair. Bleaching the crap out of her hair fried it. Her hair was already always thin to begin with. Even when she was little she had thin hair. But now it’s stringy and fried and even though she cut a lot of it off, she needs to cut almost all of that blonde off for her hair to look less gross. Like idk how to explain it. It always looks gross like I know she showers but her hair always looks knotted and gross and not full or heathy at all. Like she constantly looks like she never brushes it. I mean when she is on set and a stylist does it, it looks fine. Her face is average looking. She isn’t ugly but her features aren’t so beautiful that I would think 5 boys would be fawning all over her. Also I do think that boys like personality. Even at that age... unless the girl has some status (parents are important or she is the most popular girl in school) I think boys like a girl with personality and Annie has no personality. She is so obsessed with literally everything basic that she isn’t herself anymore. She has faded into the crowd so much that she has no personality. I do think though (tell me if you agree with this) is that she has a personality that is one where she knows how to manipulate people to like her so much that they will do whatever she wants. Like everyone will think so highly of her that they will do whatever she wants or think she does no wrong so she gets away wit stuff way more than other people might. She’s likable just enough that everyone will like her, but very few people actually like like her you know? Like none of those girls are her best friend. None of them probably care about her like Katie ever did. But they have status and she wants to be like them cause they are “famous”

brokenwing29
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Post by brokenwing29 »

Liv has always had a cute face so I'm sure she is growing up to be pretty. Damn all these kids for skipping their awkward phases though. Annie and Hayley are cute but they have Billy's facial features. Most kids who end up famous are exceptionally cute, but since vlogging families are on the rise we are seeing more average looking people getting a lot of attention. That could be a good thing, I mean it's always bothered me that people (especially young girls) in the media have to gorgeous, but having all those boys going nuts over Rhyme is just stretching it. The only other Chicken Girl who would be in her grade in real life, Dylan, ...I think she would have more male attention than Annie in a regular situation. By the way I saw Brat had a show they had put "Hayden and Dylan" in the title and thought for a second Hayden had been allowed to stand next to another girl for a second but nope...they were referring to his brother Dylan.

I don't think there is anything in particular about Annie's personality that attracts people. I think she is popular among this popular group of teens because she is rich, the IT girl of the moment, and can bring them added fame just by hanging around her. I don't know why it doesn't bother them that these fans aren't interested in them for themselves, but for their connection to someone else but I guess when you got the fame bug any exposure will do.

I think even Annie doesn't know her personality yet. She's trying things out, but instead of taking up what she is truly interested in she is just copying everyone else who are doing whatever is super popular at the moment so it comes across as her being very vapid and boring. I think she knows she wants to be cool, pretty and popular (like most girls), but that's all she's got figured out so far. Not exactly the kind of kid who everyone usually looks up to and stands out.

PinkGinFairy
Debater
Debater

Post by PinkGinFairy »

Just seen 3 of the cast for the new show with Kalani in...sounds like they’ve actually thought about it this time, Lilia, Kalani and Carson have all been named now they are all around the same age I seem to think? I realise there will be more people joining in as well but sounds like a positive start?

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

brokenwing29 wrote:Liv has always had a cute face so I'm sure she is growing up to be pretty. Damn all these kids for skipping their awkward phases though. Annie and Hayley are cute but they have Billy's facial features. Most kids who end up famous are exceptionally cute, but since vlogging families are on the rise we are seeing more average looking people getting a lot of attention. That could be a good thing, I mean it's always bothered me that people (especially young girls) in the media have to gorgeous, but having all those boys going nuts over Rhyme is just stretching it. The only other Chicken Girl who would be in her grade in real life, Dylan, ...I think she would have more male attention than Annie in a regular situation. By the way I saw Brat had a show they had put "Hayden and Dylan" in the title and thought for a second Hayden had been allowed to stand next to another girl for a second but nope...they were referring to his brother Dylan.

I don't think there is anything in particular about Annie's personality that attracts people. I think she is popular among this popular group of teens because she is rich, the IT girl of the moment, and can bring them added fame just by hanging around her. I don't know why it doesn't bother them that these fans aren't interested in them for themselves, but for their connection to someone else but I guess when you got the fame bug any exposure will do.

I think even Annie doesn't know her personality yet. She's trying things out, but instead of taking up what she is truly interested in she is just copying everyone else who are doing whatever is super popular at the moment so it comes across as her being very vapid and boring. I think she knows she wants to be cool, pretty and popular (like most girls), but that's all she's got figured out so far. Not exactly the kind of kid who everyone usually looks up to and stands out.

I wanna add something here with sounding like a broken record. But I think something that stuck out about Christina Grimmie was her personality never changed. She grew up, but her personality never changed and I think so much of it is because of her brother. Her brother was always super supportive of her, they were really close and I know she looked up to him and he would always tell her to be herself and I think that was something that helped her embrace who she was. I say this because I think Caleb would have been the same way with Annie and Hayley. I think if she had that male role model to look up to she probably wouldn’t be this obsessed with looks and fame and needing to be loved by strangers. I mean, fame and popularity is common among teens so that’s not really surprising that she loves being the IT girl. But I think she would at least go into the entertainment industry with a level head and not a need to use it as a way to get popular and having adoring fans. Especially since that has been a thing in her life for a while, so why now is she obsessed with the attention? I think if Caleb was around and being almost 16 now, I think he would have helped her embrace herself just like Mark did with Christina. I don’t think he would have been fame hungry and Annie looked up to him so I think not having that positive male role model or any role model really. Katie is a joke for a good role model as a mother. Billy isn’t really someone I would call a positive male role model. Even if Katie was teaching her how to love herself for who she is instead of basically allowing her to find self love in fame, maybe she wouldn’t be as obsessed with it as she is now.

I don’t think it bothers them because I think that’s what they want. They don’t want lasting deep relationships they want fame and money and to live this lifestyle that they made up in their heads about what life in LA is like. Clearly they think everyone in LA just has food delivered to them. They don’t have to do chores like laundry and cleaning up, school isn’t a priority because you are famous and beauty is something you can buy if you have the money. They have lost touch with reality because everyone they know out there is the same as them. They don’t have deep connected friendships, they probably blow through money like it grows on trees and they like you because you have something to offer them. I don’t think if Annie was neck and neck with Kenzie, those girls would be as close as they seem and they don’t even seem that close. Also Annie always looks super awkward around them. So it seems like a sad life because Annie has no real friends. None of those CG friends knew what it was like for her to go through losing Caleb or can y’all about that funny thing they did in gymnastics. They have no real connection.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

The second episode pf Total Eclipse was released today. I'm still no sure about it. I find the acting to be less stiff, but still I feel like there is some disconnect there. I feel like on camera, Kenzie is better than Annie except when she talks for some reason she either sounds bored or frantic. But her facial expressions are better she seems more in the moment than Annie does who just sounds like she is trying to remember her next line. I'm not sure how I feel about the space dreams but I am kinda hooked on wanting to know what Cassie did that "no person should ever do"

brokenwing29
Informer
Informer

Post by brokenwing29 »

I actually don't get why a lot of people slam Annie's acting and praise Hayley's. They are both passable for being kids and having little to no experience. Neither are going to win any awards but both look great compared to hopeless cases like Hayden. I would actually place Kenzie in the same category currently. I was expecting her to be better, but for a little you tube show she does fine. I actually think Lauren is a little better. I don't know anything about her so perhaps she has had some acting experience. She is also pretty but in a non-threatening way which seems to be a coveted type for these shows. I do think there is a little friendship chemistry between her and Kenzie (as they were already friends in real life) that I don't see between Annie and Hayden (who are supposed to be as close as two 13 year olds can be, right?). Maybe because Hayden and Annie have to pretend to be in luuurve and maybe they are sick of each other by now. If millions of dollars weren't riding on their relationship they would surely have broken up after two weeks.

I wouldn't put much stock in whatever awful thing Cassie did to Diana. Diana is a stereotypical mean girl who was probably just exaggerating or making up an excuse for her bitchy behavior. How and why did Diana have a recent picture of her and Cassie in her room if they stopped being friends in the sixth grade? And it was kind of creepy of Cassie to go in Diana's room and take pics and then post one on Instagram - who does that? I kind of like that Cassie is truly an odd kid though. My younger self would surely have related more to her than anyone on Chicken Girls.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

brokenwing29 wrote:I actually don't get why a lot of people slam Annie's acting and praise Hayley's. They are both passable for being kids and having little to no experience. Neither are going to win any awards but both look great compared to hopeless cases like Hayden. I would actually place Kenzie in the same category currently. I was expecting her to be better, but for a little you tube show she does fine. I actually think Lauren is a little better. I don't know anything about her so perhaps she has had some acting experience. She is also pretty but in a non-threatening way which seems to be a coveted type for these shows. I do think there is a little friendship chemistry between her and Kenzie (as they were already friends in real life) that I don't see between Annie and Hayden (who are supposed to be as close as two 13 year olds can be, right?). Maybe because Hayden and Annie have to pretend to be in luuurve and maybe they are sick of each other by now. If millions of dollars weren't riding on their relationship they would surely have broken up after two weeks.

I wouldn't put much stock in whatever awful thing Cassie did to Diana. Diana is a stereotypical mean girl who was probably just exaggerating or making up an excuse for her bitchy behavior. How and why did Diana have a recent picture of her and Cassie in her room if they stopped being friends in the sixth grade? And it was kind of creepy of Cassie to go in Diana's room and take pics and then post one on Instagram - who does that? I kind of like that Cassie is truly an odd kid though. My younger self would surely have related more to her than anyone on Chicken Girls.
Good point on the Diana stuff. She probably was over exaggerating. And yeah it was creepy for Cassie to go in her room but also not really. See little nuances like Diana having a recent picture would be used as a foreshadow to something later in the story but here I think it was just poor design and thought that irl a girl wouldn’t have a photo of a friend she hasn’t talked to in years. Posting the pic to Instagram is weird because it’s kind of like an invasion of privacy and also says I snuck in your room and stole this picture. Perhaps if the writing is better than Chicken Girls, they could use all those little things in the storyline but I doubt it. I think it was just a poorly thought out scene.

thebratpack
Lurker
Lurker

Post by thebratpack »

General Thoughts I have about Brat:

1.) I find it very annoying how they are pimping out show after show and having a bunch of new shows coming out of the blue. It would make more sense to use the money and focus on 2 or 3 shows, or even better, to get the kids some acting/singing lessons but you do you brat.

2.) The shows.... Are all.... Filled. With. White. People. But seriously there is zero diversity in their company and that bothers me a lot considering that they have produced a total of 19 shows since their channel started in March and you want to tell me that the only black actors are those stuck in the background?

3.) I have to admit that Chicken Girls is EXCELLENT at having an adgenda, I mean after all it's kinda how Brat blew up. But the storyline is lacking entirely, there's no flow from Episode to episode. I thought CG was supposed to be about this friend group that had a cute dance team??? Well 1- I find it rather awkward and not believable that the girl group (on the show btw) are friends and 2- none of them can actually dance. I feel like the show should have involved like a song team or a pop group right from the beginning instead of a dysfunctional dance team.

4.) The crossover between Overnights and Chicken Girls annoyed me very much not to mention it also failed because Overnights didn't seem to get good reception at all. Also it cuts off into Chicken Girls time....

5.) I kinda like Total Eclipse so far. Also I think the concept/theme of the new Dirt show (about racing/biking????) is interesting cause it's something I've never known.

6.) Tbh.... I feel like a majority of the kids on these Brat shows are doing this as an after school activity and not as some serious pathway into acting. I'm not talking about the Disney channel people but more the kids who just happened to be in i.e. Hayden's friend group and don't have talent/skills, asides from having a YT channel, to back themselves up.

So yeah this is my first post on here and I'm sure I'll have more thoughts as I go on.

brokenwing29
Informer
Informer

Post by brokenwing29 »

thebratpack wrote:General Thoughts I have about Brat:

1.) I find it very annoying how they are pimping out show after show and having a bunch of new shows coming out of the blue. It would make more sense to use the money and focus on 2 or 3 shows, or even better, to get the kids some acting/singing lessons but you do you brat.

2.) The shows.... Are all.... Filled. With. White. People. But seriously there is zero diversity in their company and that bothers me a lot considering that they have produced a total of 19 shows since their channel started in March and you want to tell me that the only black actors are those stuck in the background?

3.) I have to admit that Chicken Girls is EXCELLENT at having an adgenda, I mean after all it's kinda how Brat blew up. But the storyline is lacking entirely, there's no flow from Episode to episode. I thought CG was supposed to be about this friend group that had a cute dance team??? Well 1- I find it rather awkward and not believable that the girl group (on the show btw) are friends and 2- none of them can actually dance. I feel like the show should have involved like a song team or a pop group right from the beginning instead of a dysfunctional dance team.

4.) The crossover between Overnights and Chicken Girls annoyed me very much not to mention it also failed because Overnights didn't seem to get good reception at all. Also it cuts off into Chicken Girls time....

5.) I kinda like Total Eclipse so far. Also I think the concept/theme of the new Dirt show (about racing/biking????) is interesting cause it's something I've never known.

6.) Tbh.... I feel like a majority of the kids on these Brat shows are doing this as an after school activity and not as some serious pathway into acting. I'm not talking about the Disney channel people but more the kids who just happened to be in i.e. Hayden's friend group and don't have talent/skills, asides from having a YT channel, to back themselves up.

So yeah this is my first post on here and I'm sure I'll have more thoughts as I go on.
I like your name...I was going to suggest that as a thread title but The Brat Pack is what the teen actors who made John Hughes movies back in the 80s and all hung around together were called...a reference to an even earlier group of actors who paled around together known as the Rat Pack. At least the Brat Pack were mostly good actors and the movies usually reflected teen life adequately. I don't even think this yt Brat is even trying to make a quality product...the ones behind Chicken Girls anyway. They just want to use kids they think can make them the richest while they are marketable.

I hear you with the lack of minorities. I've noticed it too. It's not really representing life as how it usually is...filled with all different kinds of people. And if you see a lot of the fans' icon pics, a lot of viewers are not white and would probably like to see more characters who look like themselves. I HOPE most of these kid "actors" are treating these projects like an afterschool activity and don't have delusions of becoming a big star. Although Brat and RYH and the fans probably have Annie's and Hayley's heads pumped so big that you wouldn't blame them for thinking they will make it huge one day. The truth is that they probably peaked professionally before they even hit their teen years. I really hope the parents have at least set aside college funds for them so they at least have a chance to get out and meet different people outside the LA bubble and better themselves.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

I find it interesting that a lot of the comments on TE seem to be dissing CG. Not if that’s Kenzie’s fans vs Annie’s. But kids are beginning to see the loopholes and lack of continuity in CG as well as the cast of actors who after almost a year together have still seemed to lack some kind of bond that they can portray onscreen. Heck, Lauren Graham and Scott Patterson didn’t like each other IRL, but on screen they made it look like not just close friends but lovers as well. I’m talking about Gilmore Girls btw. Lorelai and Luke. So really these kids should able to make us believe we are watching friends who grew up together. But it all seems so over dramatic and awkward. It’s interesting to see even the targeted audience call it cringey and boring and bad acting. If you aren’t improving something else will take your place. Even if it’s another show on your channel. It doesn’t take much in a child’s world to flip from one fandom to the next. Kids aren’t loyal. Not with shows, music, toys. Nothing.

I feel like this is the new saga of Dance Moms. This company seems to want to keep Chicken Girls on top as their it show, but other shows like Total Eclipse come along and it outshines the top show. But they probably won’t give it the same promotion it gives CG so that they can keep it on top. But they need new actors and new writers. Ones who keep storylines going.

blacksheep95
Informer
Informer

Post by blacksheep95 »

Txunamy's mom and little brother are filming something for Brat as well.

Brat is starting to look like a cult now with all these families on a bunch of different shows being actors, producers... and always hanging out together.
I should probably be working...

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

montsecll6 wrote:Txunamy's mom and little brother are filming something for Brat as well.

Brat is starting to look like a cult now with all these families on a bunch of different shows being actors, producers... and always hanging out together.
I thought she was on a Chicken Girls?

Brat is gonna be the new thing. They will take anybody so everyone will flock to them. Especially if all they care about is a quick fix to get famous. They seem to not be too picky about how talented their actors are. Disney and Nickelodeon at least require some form of talent. Kids are easy to please so they don’t really have to be picky about the actors. If they already like the actors or at least a few, they will flock like sheep.

blacksheep95
Informer
Informer

Post by blacksheep95 »

Lisatheacrobat wrote:
montsecll6 wrote:Txunamy's mom and little brother are filming something for Brat as well.

Brat is gonna be the new thing. They will take anybody so everyone will flock to them. Especially if all they care about is a quick fix to get famous. They seem to not be too picky about how talented their actors are. Disney and Nickelodeon at least require some form of talent. Kids are easy to please so they don’t really have to be picky about the actors. If they already like the actors or at least a few, they will flock like sheep.
Txunamy is on Mani. Now it's her mother & sibling who are filming something.
I should probably be working...

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

montsecll6 wrote:
Lisatheacrobat wrote:

Txunamy is on Mani. Now it's her mother & sibling who are filming something.
Are they jumping on the vlogging train? Seems like a few people vlog cause Hayley will ask whose camera is filming. So either she is stupid or there’s lots of people on set who vlog. I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt

thebratpack
Lurker
Lurker

Post by thebratpack »

Ok so new episode (ep 8) of chicken girls today and concept wise it actually wasn't that irritating to watch nor shabby (maybe because they didn't show too much of Annie or Hayden lol). Except that song they had Annie and Dylan sing....... it wasn't good.....

Also in this episode they actually try to make Robbie Robbins seem like a person we should be interested in..... except that she isn't relateable at all. They tried it tho.

brokenwing29
Informer
Informer

Post by brokenwing29 »

Chicken girls: Girl Time was kind of blah but at least they were trying to develop a plot with the mystery about the moms. I didn't look at the comments on the video but I can just imagine they are like "Noooo Hannie waaaah!!" The Girl Time song that the girls sang (with the one boy, which looked ridiculous) was completely forgettable and didn't need to be there at all.

Here is a video that turned up in my recommendations about the ages of all the Chicken Girls cast. Some kind of surprised me. For instance, I didn't realize that the guy playing Rhyme's ex boyfriend was 16 in real life. And I would've sworn that the little blonde girl from the rival dance team whose grandmother died would be the youngest, but nope: If the cast went to a real school only Hayden and Rush would be in the same grade as Annie. Most of the cast is high school age or even older. I wonder why they went in that direction. If I were Annie and had her ego I would be demanding that they casted only girls who were younger-looking and less attractive than me. At least then Rhyme getting all the guys would make more sense. Anyway here's the vid:

[youtube][/youtube]

Summersby
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Summersby »

Why is the "chicken boy" in the "Girl Time" segment where Annie's talking about leaving the boys on the sideline for her girl friends? :|

ETA: There was a major audio/transition error about 3 minutes into the video. Who didn't notice this?

thebratpack
Lurker
Lurker

Post by thebratpack »

Pretty alarming how the Top 6 in that video are all guys and not even that, like much older guys 16-19 that's crazy. And Annie is the baby of the group. Way to make the show even more unbelievable than it already is.

brokenwing29
Informer
Informer

Post by brokenwing29 »

Summersby wrote:Why is the "chicken boy" in the "Girl Time" segment where Annie's talking about leaving the boys on the sideline for her girl friends? :|

ETA: There was a major audio/transition error about 3 minutes into the video. Who didn't notice this?
If it is the part where Kayla/Dylan yells "mom" I noticed it. It annoys me how they have to keep reinforcing that Kayla is Tim's cousin "hey, cuz; my aunt and Kayla's mom, etc" and that the one girl whose name I can't remember is Hayden's sister. Every time she greets him she calls him "little bro." Although to be honest I do kind of forget that those two are supposed to be related. It's hard to focus on anything in Hayden's scenes because he is just so bad (sorry for beating a dead horse but it's true).

Return to “Bratayley”