Small lotions

staedtler
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: What's your best travel tip?

Post by staedtler »

Off season- cheaper everything BUT depending where you go, please double check the weather. You don't want to visit Mexico during the hurricane season, even though it's cheap as hell. I personally stick to 2nd and 3rd world countries (stay safe) because it's really friendly for my student budget. Sure, you might end up sleeping in sketchy places but oh well. Save the fancy resorts when you're older and have more disposable income. With food, I always hit local grocery stores and pick up some bread, peanut butter and jam. Easy to make, keeps without refrigeration and is so cheap. I eat out of course, but I usually stick to filling dinners, sometimes I would ask for half of it to go since portions are huge. Sometimes if you travel with friends, you can rent an Airbnb and it will be super cheap for good quality. If you get enough people you could rent out a dorm in a hostel.

I always travel with a carry on, I see no point in checking in luggage (extra monies I can spend on fun!) and more convenient (also your luggage won't get lost, happened too often to me). Look up capsule wardrobe for travel, I always pack enough clothes for 3-4 days and make sure there are facilities around in which I can launder my clothes. I never carry toiletries with me, just some bb cream (hella pale, hard to find products which would work for me) and grab the rest at my destination (travel sizes). I often would check in luggage when returning, but thats because I have extra souvenirs etc, but thats of course not necessary.

puckerjugs
Informer
Informer

Post by puckerjugs »

:HK: DON'T OVERPAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK.
I went to England to visit my bf for 3 weeks in December. I brought more than enough clothes for TWO of those three weeks without doing laundry, despite me staying with his family and them having a completely functioning laundry room. I ended up having an overweight check in baggage but I got lucky when the Norwegian Air lady just stuck my bag on the flight. ;) Save yourself the stress though, I was in hysterics the night before thinking I was going to pay $200 to bring my stuff home. If you know you're going to be doing some shopping, leave PLENTY of room for it! If you're not a shopper, you can pack a carry on to fit your essentials if you pack smart.

:HK: If you're confident, match your own flights up.
This was my second time traveling to another country alone, but first time long haul. I got my flights from Kiwi.com, which more or less got me from A to B to C, but my flights weren't connected. So I had to check out, then back in. My tickets were significantly cheaper, $890ish while I was seeing direct for $1700+. My only problem was I didn't have enough layover time to compensate for a mechanical issue on the conveyor belt that brought out the luggage. I missed my flight and had to spend another $400ish to catch the next flight. I got a refund on the flight I missed after a month, but it would have been much easier had I bought my tickets directly through the airline. If you're confident enough I think you could build your own flight path and have enough layover to get food, maybe see the city, stretch, etc. Just make sure you don't need a visa to do so.

I guess those aren't tips, just my own experiences you could take into consideration. :love2:

ritabos
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by ritabos »

Traveling is the crucial part of our life as planning a trip is not that much easy we think. It takes to much time knowledge and money to plan a trip. So rather than planning the trip at your own chooses the best travel agent which help yu to plan your that reduces your cost as well as time.

shroud098
Stalker
Stalker

Post by shroud098 »

Hello there!

astarisborn
Talker
Talker

Post by astarisborn »

1. Pack light and bring no-fuss hand wash soap to do one or two loads of laundry (like soak wash)
2. Stay at an airbnb or something similar and eat in for at least 75% of your meals
3. Do some research about the culture you're entering into like tipping practices, hand signals that are offensive, etc
4. Have offline maps ready on your phone

david26
Stalker
Stalker

Post by david26 »

Hello,

Here some tips before travel:
1. Make Travel a Priority
2. Spend More Time in Fewer Places
3. Don’t Expect Things to Be Like They Are at Home
4. Travel Does Not Have to Stop Once You Have Kids
5. Plan it Together
6. Talk to the Locals
7. Learn the Basics of the Local Language
8. Travel In Your Own Backyard
9. Do the FREE Stuff
10. Stay in Apartments and share the costs
Thanks...

henry712
Stalker
Stalker

Post by henry712 »

Travel is brimming with significant choices, like which nation to visit, the amount to spend, and when quit pausing lastly make that exceedingly significant airfare buy. but beyond the big picture, it's seemingly significant details that can make a trip simpler and less stressful. Straightforward yet cunning tips to smooth the way on your next vacation.

1. try not to plan too much.
2. hangout at hostels.
3.join group tours.
4.cool off.
5.back off.

WilliG
Lurker
Lurker

Post by WilliG »

My advice:

Purchase some anti-bacterial, moisture-wicking undergarments and take them on any trips that may involve high temps, a lot of walking, excessive physical activity, or prolonged wear/re-use of said undergarments.
Carry the travel-size packets of laundry detergent (Tide makes good ones) so you can wash clothes in your bathroom sink.
AVOID CHECKING BAGS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
Don't buy trendy four-wheel, polycarbonate luggage.

Return to “Travel”