Am I Pregnant?!

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Am I Pregnant?!

Post by kathleenlightsssss »

Not sure where to post this.. but... well, my period is over 4 days late. I have had a few cramps here and there but this isn't like me, if anything I'm 2 days early.. maybe 1 day late? Also last night I got so nauseous, the room looked like it was moving and I almost threw up. I hate throwing up, so I willed it off somehow. I never get sick or nauseous like this. It was bad! I couldn't move, just went to bed to sleep it off.

Mind you, I don't drink, eat fast food, smoke, etc.. etc.. I'm pretty healthy. Could I be pregnant? I know it's only 4 days late- and maybe I'm just over thinking I am pregnant but I can't stop thinking that is what it is. I took a pregnancy test today from the Dollar Store and it said negative.. but other forums said it could take up to 2 weeks of a missed period for the pregnancy tests to be accurate?

Thanks for any help and/or advice! :love2:

Layla0606
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Am I Pregnant?!

Post by Layla0606 »

I heard karma's a bitch ;)

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Layla0606 wrote:I heard karma's a bitch ;)
?

smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smashthebox »

They sell pregnancy tests at the dollar store? I hope you're kidding. If I wasn't sure if I were pregnant I would definitely grab several pregnancy tests from a pharmacy/drug store to figure things out.

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

smashthebox wrote:They sell pregnancy tests at the dollar store? I hope you're kidding. If I wasn't sure if I were pregnant I would definitely grab several pregnancy tests from a pharmacy/drug store to figure things out.
no they do lol.. i bought 2.. some forums said you need to be late with your period for 1 week or 2 weeks before testing accurately?

ShotzMatti
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ShotzMatti »

It’s almost always 1 or 2 days late, not 1 or 2 weeks. It was more like 1 or 2 weeks 30 years ago, standard cheapo tests these days will usually show a positive result the day or a missed period - sometimes a few days after, sometimes even a few days before.

JennyInTokyo
Learner
Learner

Post by JennyInTokyo »

I heard it was two weeks until pregnancy was seen on pregnancy tests but I'd still test anyway.

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Thanks yeah it ended up coming but 12 days late... was just such a weird month I guess? never happened before.. thanks for the advice :)

Darianna
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Darianna »

Of course you need to do a test, or better yet, several tests.
I hope that this pregnancy was wishful thinking. Otherwise, you need to use birth control or take birth control pills. which will be good for your mental health and peace of mind

bluebadgers
Lurker
Lurker

Post by bluebadgers »

Sometimes stress or other factors can mess with your cycle. It's good that you took a test, but it might be worth waiting a bit and testing again later if your period doesn't show up.

Return to “Pregnancy”