Daddy "Definitely NOT Scripted Videos" Dawson (Part 9)

mikkiarlert
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Daddy "Definitely NOT Scripted Videos" Dawson (Part 9)

Post by mikkiarlert »

I'm glad I'm not the only one weirded out by people shipping Morgan and Garrett. It's insane, but no matter how much Garrett insists he's 100% gay, shippers will still say "he's a little straight for Morgan" :/

mermaid vic
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mermaid vic »

OhHiImSam wrote:Real talk though,

why hasn't Shane pulled Lisa into this finding a surrogate thing yet?

Or would that be too weird even for them?

I mean, she's out of video ideas so it would help her channel.
she's been there done that she did a three part video thing too where she pretended to be pregnant and she went to Shanes house one is something like "telling my ex bf I'm pregnant" and the one after that was "I'm a surrogate" with Shane and Ryland as the thumbnail.

talkaboutit
Informer
Informer

Post by talkaboutit »

I actually really liked the park part of this video it had me cracking up.

I also really like Morgan. She's witty as hell with her one liners, and I like that she's kind of the butt of her own jokes with being a hot mess. I find her relatable.

But that being said, I'm over Ryland

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stars&rockets08
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by stars&rockets08 »

I've haven't finished the last part But, I kinda think they were being too silly, and obnoxious. I usually don't mind, it's very entertaining. But, the video was suppose to a bit more serious.

LoliFlour
Informer
Informer

Post by LoliFlour »

That Morgan and Garrett thing reminds me of how on One Direction all the fans shipped Harry and Louis and it was ruining Louis' relationship with his girlfriend as well as his friendship with Harry because things got awkward. Same with Lauren and Camila from Fifth Harmony where Lauren said it was disrespectful and people were doing it for their "sick pleasure" So yeah it's kind of messed up. if it's not a TV show or a fiction story of some sorts you shouldn't ship people like that. but anyway...

A lot of people on here really enjoy Garrett, as do I, but lately, Shane seems to have been rubbing off on him immensely. I don't recall Garrett ever having this many self-deprecating jokes (I may be wrong), with the whole "I love food" "I'm overweight" "I'm trash! garbage!" "ME!!" I feel like I'm watching Shane x2. Or like a little brother who wants to be as cool as the older brother
pepesylvia wrote:I might be the only one who didn't hate this 3-parter? I feel like some of y'all take things wAY TOO seriously in regards to his videos? his job is to make content, not everything we see in the videos could be true to life. whatever. I do think ryland would be a good parent and i can relate to how shane reacted with the baby since i'd be in the same position cause I have no clue what to do with kids of any age. i think they'd be fun parents!
Bit off topic what I'm about to say: but you're not, I just think the people who don't like it are the first ones to express it. This is what gossiping is and most of the things people say on all threads about gurus/youtubers are negative things. (almost any time I say something positive in threads I get shut down by the haters lol) We're aware that we know nothing about these people and only what they show us. That is exactly why people overanalyze. Are we supposed to believe everything we're shown? We all know Shane plays up everything for the cameras. All we can do is assume.

manu_voo
Informer
Informer

Post by manu_voo »

stars&rockets08 wrote:I've haven't finished the last part But, I kinda think they were being too silly, and obnoxious. I usually don't mind, it's very entertaining. But, the video was suppose to a bit more serious.
They're not being serious though. Yes, they may want kids down the road, but this was just for entertainment. A lot of people don't seem to get that, discussing how Morgan is not ready and all that..

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

QueenParis
Debater
Debater

Post by QueenParis »

In Shane’s Instagram story Morgan referred to Honey/Lady as “Dos” so they’ve gone with Ryland’s shitty idea for a name, It’s a terrible name and doesn’t suit her AT ALL.
David Cage is awful, Connor is forever best boy :love2:

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

Itzfleur wrote:A lot of people on here really enjoy Garrett, as do I, but lately, Shane seems to have been rubbing off on him immensely. I don't recall Garrett ever having this many self-deprecating jokes (I may be wrong), with the whole "I love food" "I'm overweight" "I'm trash! garbage!" "ME!!" I feel like I'm watching Shane x2. Or like a little brother who wants to be as cool as the older brother
Yes same, especially about his weight. I mean, it's makes me laugh, and it's less predictable than when Shane jokes about it. But I don't remember him being like that when Drew was around which makes me think if Drew's absence plays some sort of role in that, like a shift in dynamics. Drew and Garrett seemed a bit more buddy-buddy back in the Spooky Boys era, and now that he's gone and Garrett is working more closely with Shane, the humor must rub off on him.

(I hardly even notice that Garrett might be thicker. He reads as such a lanky, tall person.)

Purple_Aussie
Debater
Debater

Post by Purple_Aussie »

manged wrote:(I hardly even notice that Garrett might be thicker. He reads as such a lanky, tall person.)
He's mentioned that he has dysphoria as well, same as Shane, when they did the whole fat suit/bald cap/dead video, so it might be something from childhood or his teen years that he hasn't discussed online yet

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Purple_Aussie
Debater
Debater

Post by Purple_Aussie »

Purple_Aussie wrote:
manged wrote:(I hardly even notice that Garrett might be thicker. He reads as such a lanky, tall person.)
He's mentioned that he has dysphoria as well, same as Shane, when they did the whole fat suit/bald cap/dead video, so it might be something from childhood or his teen years that he hasn't discussed online yet

Correction: or maybe it was dysmorphia? One of the two

Hippo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Hippo »

Purple_Aussie wrote:

He talked about being really heavy as a kid in one of his early videos, I don't really remember which one. I don't think it was Shane levels of a problem, though because I've seen high school photos of him and he seemed pretty average and even boderline thin. I almost sort of wonder if being around Shane sort of exacerbates it because I've never looked at him and thought of him as particularly heavy, even when he pointed out that he gained 15 pounds since October.

tt96
Talker
Talker

Re: Daddy

Post by tt96 »

ohnok wrote:
lilnightowl wrote:
irishgal94 wrote:Does anyone know what’s happened to Drew?! Feels like he hasn’t been in a video in forever, was there any drama?
My suspicion is that he finds Ryland as annoying as we do and his anxiety can’t deal with his shitty, snobby attitude. It doesn’t seem to bother Garrett because he’s a bundle of joy but I definitely could see Drew being uncomfortable around Ryland. Who knows though.
Have they ever really hung out? I definitely agree. I don't see Drew and Ryland getting along.
i miss drew so much, he was one of the best aspects of shanes videos. his humour is fantastic and so natural and out there. i really wonder what happened, they must have had a falling out or something because they never seem to have any contact anymore.
i hope drews doing well, i really feel for him and everytime hes spoken about anxiety and depression i completely get it

lilnightowl
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by lilnightowl »

tt96 wrote: i miss drew so much, he was one of the best aspects of shanes videos. his humour is fantastic and so natural and out there. i really wonder what happened, they must have had a falling out or something because they never seem to have any contact anymore.
i hope drews doing well, i really feel for him and everytime hes spoken about anxiety and depression i completely get it
I miss Drew so much too but I honestly think he’s too funny and just too good for the videos Shane is making now. Could you imagine Drew going along with all the scripted dramatic videos Shane has been doing lately? Garrett is the only reason why I continue to watch Shane but now that he’s kinda becoming mini Shane I’m quickly losing interest. I miss the spooky boys. I hope Drew makes more of his own content sometime soon.

Purple_Aussie
Debater
Debater

Post by Purple_Aussie »

Hippo wrote:
Purple_Aussie wrote:

He talked about being really heavy as a kid in one of his early videos, I don't really remember which one. I don't think it was Shane levels of a problem, though because I've seen high school photos of him and he seemed pretty average and even boderline thin. I almost sort of wonder if being around Shane sort of exacerbates it because I've never looked at him and thought of him as particularly heavy, even when he pointed out that he gained 15 pounds since October.
He might just be more comfortable joking about it now. But how about we don't try to analyse their mental states :/ we don't really know what's going on, and to say that he's only joking just because you don't see him as "heavy" wouldn't help if he were to see these. Issues around weight can hang around for years, regardless of how much weight you lose, so let's try to steer clear of getting too deep into it

Post by Guest »

pepesylvia wrote:I might be the only one who didn't hate this 3-parter? I feel like some of y'all take things wAY TOO seriously in regards to his videos? his job is to make content, not everything we see in the videos could be true to life. whatever. I do think ryland would be a good parent and i can relate to how shane reacted with the baby since i'd be in the same position cause I have no clue what to do with kids of any age. i think they'd be fun parents!
Yes! GG turned into a place, mostly of overanalyzing, overreacting and blowing things out of proportion and making stuff more serious than it is.

Cacophonouslaughs
Learner
Learner

Post by Cacophonouslaughs »

I’m one of the people that said I didn’t like this video series- and I consider myself a critical fan. I don’t know. It was just so BUSY. There was so much going on. There was even a comment under the video saying Morgan and Garrett were too much for the topic of this video. I feel like if Shane wants these videos to be more “artistic” and less “vloggy” they need to be better scripted and drop a couple people. We can look into his daily life even if it’s a little planned and scripted. It may not feel as authentic, but at least it wouldn’t be the hot mess these videos were. The first few three part series videos he did felt genuine and authentic and weren’t too much to process, but now he’s just getting messy. I’m not really here to be critical of any of them other than Shane. I just want him to take his job a little more seriously because I enjoy his content and this is almost becoming a Jenna and Julien situation- I’d like to see JUST Shane every once in a while. I like Garrett, I think he’s hilarious. Morgan is okay separately, but I don’t like her as much in these busier videos. I miss Drew because he was the reason I got into the spooky boys videos in the first place- but again, I’ve been a Shane fan since he started YouTube. And unpopular opinion, I like Ryland. I think he’s alright. He’s not hilarious and he does seem a little needy, but he’s mature in a way Shane isn’t and maybe Shane needs that. We don’t know what happens behind closed doors. I kind of agree about the overanalyzation comment someone made, but that doesn’t mean that it isn’t interesting to read what people think.

Cacophonouslaughs
Learner
Learner

Post by Cacophonouslaughs »

Another note- I feel like the subject of this last video was lost. It was supposed to be about the baby but it turned into a video of them inappropriately using playground equipment, cursing, and being all-around immature. I don’t know about the park they went to, but the park where I take my cousins has clearly stated rules that the baby swings and other equipment are not suited for adults. I understand sliding with the baby, but getting in the swings and stuff was really wrong.

Izabella

Post by Izabella »

How many videos has he done about babies/being a dad :roll: boring .. I had high hopes for him and his rebranding of his channel but these videos are just no

vxxy
Learner
Learner

Post by vxxy »

Am I the only one kinda annoyed that they went on vacation and just left Morgan with the animals?

Especially after they just got Lady/the husky, who has anxiety issues and everything. She’s probably not even used to Shane and Ryland, feeling anxious about the move, new house and new people and all that.. and then they just go on vacation for who knows how long? That seems kind of careless to me..

I’m watching Morgan’s video right now and she’s so stressed at the beginning because Uno was puking everywhere, Cheeto always wants to go out the door when she opens it, Lady peed all over the air mattress.
Morgan said she doesn’t know how to properly take care of dogs and then just leaving her with two and a cat.. yeah no. That’s really annoying to me.
When you get animals you need to take responsibility for them and then you can’t just pack your shit and go on vacation..

Sorry it’s a completely different topic but it just annoyed me so much. It’s so careless of them..

niki900
Informer
Informer

Post by niki900 »

I agree with it being too soon with the new dog being there - but if it wasn't for that, I think it's perfectly fine to leave Morgan with the animals, seeing as Shane is letting her live with them/in the office rent-free. Assuming Morgan told them she was okay to be left alone. I feel like she was playing up the whole thing for the drama of a vlog that otherwise would have been just her house sitting.

It seems like they haven't gone away anywhere in absolute ages and they're taking advantage of the fact Morgan is there to allow them to go away for a bit.

Return to “Shane Dawson”