Hobbie Stuart Part 2 (feat: Amy Spanos)

whyamihereee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Hobbie Stuart Part 2 (feat: Amy Spanos)

Post by whyamihereee »

I think the general consensus after watching the video when it was reuploaded (the majority of people here anyway) was that it should be deleted or at least unlisted, whether the poster of the videos didit or not is a completely different matter.

I will say though that the whole trying to make people in here feel guilty about gossiping in what is a gossip website is wrong and creates a problem as well. As previous posters have said, mental illness are far more deep and complex than reading a forum talking about you. While yes, it doesn’t help, Amy was (hopefully is) severely depressed and the video was already a goodbye in itself so I don’t think anyone here “pushed” her into suicide as someone here suggested and the whole inquest.

I whole heartedly hope she is safe all while still standing by everything I have said/speculated about her on my previous posts.

ETA: I meant “hopefully is” as in don’t want to talk about her in the past.

artemist
Talker
Talker

Post by artemist »

HearMeRoar wrote:Agreed. I was one asking for someone to upload the video but that is before we knew it was a suicide video. Now we know the contents, why should we put it back up, whether she made it public or not. According to the comments, it was her family that got it taken down!
Please stop proverbially bashing other users over the head with your superior moral compass.
It was posted on this forum, on pages 16-17, that Amy's video was a suicide video a total of six times before Saskia's re-upload , I'll even quote some posts, which say...
smudger wrote:At 31:30 she says something about the police being at the door, and it being awkward because she's making a suicide video!? I really hope this is just a cry for help.
xoxo_24689 wrote:Wow, I really didn't think we'd ever get the video.
I'm honestly worried about her safety, the comments she made about this being a suicide video were scary. No matter what she's done, I genuinely really hope she's safe. Maybe one of the people claiming to be her friends on here could check up on her?!
It was after these comments, on page 18, that you said..
HearMeRoar wrote:Okay, I am caught up and ready to put in my two cents. Do any of you guys (I don't know our age demographic here) remember when around the time of Myspace and bebo, people used to threaten suicide or claim they were going to kill themselves if their boyfriend left them or anything? I remember any time a guy or girl said they were going to leave their partner or they had to break up that suicide would be threatened and the other half would be manipulated into staying with the person? I know it sounds fucked up but it used to happen a lot on Myspace and I used to have a few 'friends' who used to do it...

Well - this is all what it sounds like.
- - -
If you look at page 17, one of our members have half of the video and if you PM them, they may send you it. Another of our members, whateverblahblah, has the video loads but does not know how to screen record so if anybody wants to give tips, that would be helpful!
(The last quote is two separate posts I've merged into one).
I have no hate or dislike of you and it's not my intention to bash you, I'm just reeeaal sick of the hypocrisy flying around in this thread from many directions. There is also no "we". It is Saskia and whoever else has a copy of this video's choice whether to keep re-uploading it.

- - -
All of that aside, from a quick Google search it seems that the Recommended videos on YT are personalised based on an algorithm involving metadata like tags and descriptions being matched with things you're likely to have watched that are similar and user activity data, such as the types of videos you like and favourite. It does not seem to suggest that you can buy your way into being Recommended. Source: https://www.quora.com/How-does-YouTubes ... rithm-work

anonanon333
Stalker
Stalker

Post by anonanon333 »

I am not sure if somebody else could have used her name... but this popped up about 5 minutes ago. "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Amy Spanos. I do not know if this confirms anything... but the videos have been removed nonetheless.

artemist
Talker
Talker

Post by artemist »

anonanon333 wrote:I am not sure if somebody else could have used her name... but this popped up about 5 minutes ago. "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Amy Spanos. I do not know if this confirms anything... but the videos have been removed nonetheless.
I get the same message. I'm not sure if people can use a fake name when they submit a copyright claim as its a legal document and would be very risky to do so. Assuming then that it is Amy who has claimed these videos, at least we know she is alive (although unconfirmed to be her, it seems likely).

newtoyou
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by newtoyou »

We're nearly into 80 pages of this topic and I reckon most of us can't remember a lot of what we've said. It's hard enough to keep up with the timeline of the actual events, let alone what has been said and by who and when on here.

At this point there's been so many accusations and demands and moral high grounds between each other that I've completely lost track. I don't think it's fair to be calling out hearmeroar, Saskia or anyone else.

Most of us watched the video and most of us are still reading this thread, so IMO none of us are better than anyone else. By reading or posting we're all keeping this thread going.

HearMeRoar
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by HearMeRoar »

artemist wrote:
HearMeRoar wrote:Agreed. I was one asking for someone to upload the video but that is before we knew it was a suicide video. Now we know the contents, why should we put it back up, whether she made it public or not. According to the comments, it was her family that got it taken down!
Please stop proverbially bashing other users over the head with your superior moral compass.
It was posted on this forum, on pages 16-17, that Amy's video was a suicide video a total of six times before Saskia's re-upload , I'll even quote some posts, which say...
smudger wrote:At 31:30 she says something about the police being at the door, and it being awkward because she's making a suicide video!? I really hope this is just a cry for help.
I'm honestly worried about her safety, the comments she made about this being a suicide video were scary. No matter what she's done, I genuinely really hope she's safe. Maybe one of the people claiming to be her friends on here could check up on her?!
HearMeRoar wrote:Okay, I am caught up and ready to put in my two cents. Do any of you guys (I don't know our age demographic here) remember when around the time of Myspace and bebo, people used to threaten suicide or claim they were going to kill themselves if their boyfriend left them or anything? I remember any time a guy or girl said they were going to leave their partner or they had to break up that suicide would be threatened and the other half would be manipulated into staying with the person? I know it sounds fucked up but it used to happen a lot on Myspace and I used to have a few 'friends' who used to do it...

- - -
If you look at page 17, one of our members have half of the video and if you PM them, they may send you it. Another of our members, whateverblahblah, has the video loads but does not know how to screen record so if anybody wants to give tips, that would be helpful!
I have no hate or dislike of you and it's not my intention to bash you, I'm just reeeaal sick of the hypocrisy flying around in this thread from many directions. There is also no "we". It is Saskia and whoever else has a copy of this video's choice whether to keep re-uploading it.

- - -
All of that aside, from a quick Google search it seems that the Recommended videos on YT are personalised based on an algorithm involving metadata like tags and descriptions being matched with things you're likely to have watched that are similar and user activity data, such as the types of videos you like and favourite. It does not seem to suggest that you can buy your way into being Recommended. Source: https://www.quora.com/How-does-YouTubes ... rithm-work
Woah, I was not bashing anybody in anyway. The reason I am saying the video should be now taken down is apparently it was the family that got it taken down. I apologise if I sound like I have a superior moral compass, I can assure you I do not because if you go back through my comments, I have been a hater of Amy and I also go on other topics here and say extremely harsh things about other YouTubers. I do not have a superiority or a superior moral compass.

I appreciate the video having been uploaded so we could all see it but the reason I have been 'bashing" people lately - which I can assure you I have never intended to at all! - is I just worry that her family are actually trying to get this stuff taken down. I have already said one of my family members has severe mental health issues and has thought of suicide before so it hits close to home when the family comes to it.

Also I may have missed the comments about the suicide video at first but my comments about other people doing this were me questioning amy but then people started actually saying there were signs she actually did commit suicide.

I have just been conflicted and I do understand my comments can come all over the place but I am very disappointed that people think I have a a superior moral compass... I hope other people don't think I come across this way cause I swear I do not mean to. This place has been a mini community of gossip that helps get me through very boring days! (Not looking for sympathy).

I've not enjoyed the calling out of other members on here so disappointed I have made such an impression that I should be called out.

Sorry.

Thanks for the YouTube info.

Saskia
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Saskia »

'Copyright owner' does that mean it is Amy or is it possible for someone else to claim it's their video?

Ellen Ripley
Talker
Talker

Post by Ellen Ripley »

HearMeRoar wrote:
Lamour88 wrote:
HearMeRoar wrote: What do we think about Hobbie in this situation? Do you think he has seen the video? Will he have reached out since he seems the type of guy that would in some way? He seems very happy in South Africa, very calm and relaxed - not like someone who has seen the video and is worried about the girl's mental health - but obv we don't see everything on social media.

What do you think he thinks about his 'fans' calling Amy out? Being nasty in comments on Twitter and Youtube, etc? I was 'educating' a few of the little shits on Youtube yesterday. The ones who were saying to spam her with hate and calling her psycho etc, they had no clue she was mentally ill and thought she did it for shits and giggles.
Ummmmmm hopefully with the help of intensive therapy he's not thinking of her at all? He didn't state her name in the video and was kind enough to say he wishes her no ill will and to request that people leave her alone. Her mental health is frankly not his problem in any way and he should not be manipulated to think that it is. She cruelly abused him and his family for nearly a year and the scars of that will last him a lifetime. What an odd comment lol.
I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say and reading it back, I didn't exactly make myself very clear. I was in no way implying that he should be reaching out to her or that he SHOULD be concerned.

As you have said, it is not his problem.

I was actually just speaking my thoughts out loud. Literally just wondering if he knows about anything that is going on, if he has seen the video (since it is him she owes the explanation to), if he sees the comments about him and her, or if he is really having the break he needs. I personally believe he shouldn't read the comments or do anything that is even remotely linked to her or to remind him of the ordeal. He looks at peace on his instagram lately, which I am happy to see.

I was wondering out loud about what he is thinking or going through, etc. Again, not implying he owes her anything or should be involved with her. I just think he seems the type to reach out or something.

Bubblepop19
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Bubblepop19 »

Hobbie has finally tweeted today a picture of a condom wrapper with Darth Vader on saying “I will NOT be your father” bad timing or on purpose?

zvezdochka
Talker
Talker

Post by zvezdochka »

Just a quick screengrab in case he deletes it. Random spectators on the internet worry about Amy more, than he does. Either he doesn't know what mental state she's in, either she's fine and the video was not as dramatic, as we interpreted it.

[som3thing]
Debater
Debater

Post by [som3thing] »

I might be letting my past experiences influence me here, but I think Hobbie knows her way better than we do, and that is why he is not worried, people can tell you the same lie only a certain amount of times before you stop believing it

EDIT: I also think that it's a good sign that he is joking about it, this is the kind of experience that proper fuck you up, if he is trying to make light of the situation, it probably means that he is starting to feel better
Last edited by [som3thing] on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<3

Fairycake
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fairycake »

Is that what he needed to start using condoms? :respekt:

HearMeRoar
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by HearMeRoar »

Oohthedrama_ wrote:
HearMeRoar wrote:
artemist wrote:
HearMeRoar wrote:Okay, I am caught up and ready to put in my two cents. Do any of you guys (I don't know our age demographic here) remember when around the time of Myspace and bebo, people used to threaten suicide or claim they were going to kill themselves if their boyfriend left them or anything? I remember any time a guy or girl said they were going to leave their partner or they had to break up that suicide would be threatened and the other half would be manipulated into staying with the person? I know it sounds fucked up but it used to happen a lot on Myspace and I used to have a few 'friends' who used to do <a class="vglnk" href="http://it" rel="nofollow"><span>it</span></a>...

- - -
If you look at page 17, one of our members have half of the video and if you PM them, they may send you <a class="vglnk" href="http://it" rel="nofollow"><span>it</span></a>. Another of our members, whateverblahblah, has the video loads but does not know how to screen record so if anybody wants to give tips, that would be helpful!

- - -
All of that aside, from a quick Google search it seems that the Recommended videos on YT are personalised based on an algorithm involving metadata like tags and descriptions being matched with things you're likely to have watched that are similar and user activity data, such as the types of videos you like and favourite. It does not seem to suggest that you can buy your way into being Recommended. Source: <a class="vglnk" href="https://www.quor ... rithm-work[/quote" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>quora</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>How</span><span>-</span><span>does</span><span>-</span><span>YouTubes</span><span>-</span><span>recommendation</span><span>-</span><span>algorithm</span><span>-</span><span>work</span><span>[/</span><span>url</span><span>][/</span><span>quote</span></a>]

Woah, I was not bashing anybody in anyway. The reason I am saying the video should be now taken down is apparently it was the family that got it taken down. I apologise if I sound like I have a superior moral compass, I can assure you I do not because if you go back through my comments, I have been a hater of Amy and I also go on other topics here and say extremely harsh things about other YouTubers. I do not have a superiority or a superior moral compass.

I appreciate the video having been uploaded so we could all see it but the reason I have been 'bashing" people lately - which I can assure you I have never intended to at all! - is I just worry that her family are actually trying to get this stuff taken down. I have already said one of my family members has severe mental health issues and has thought of suicide before so it hits close to home when the family comes to it.

Also I may have missed the comments about the suicide video at first but my comments about other people doing this were me questioning amy but then people started actually saying there were signs she actually did commit suicide.

I have just been conflicted and I do understand my comments can come all over the place but I am very disappointed that people think I have a a superior moral compass... I hope other people don't think I come across this way cause I swear I do not mean to. This place has been a mini community of gossip that helps get me through very boring days! (Not looking for sympathy).

I've not enjoyed the calling out of other members on here so disappointed I have made such an impression that I should be called out.

Sorry.

I see you around on other threads too and I can honestly say you don’t come across badly at all, I think there are so many comments on here every is getting lost and missing messages and there’s been so many arguments and quotes it’s very hard remember who said what, let alone what we say ourselves. But your comments are never out of order (IMO!) from what I see! <3
Thank you for that, that really meant a lot. I appreciate it and it is nice to see another person from the other threads I comment on <3, nice to see a fellow friendly face!

You are absolutely right about forgetting what everyone says including ourselves, so much goes on here that it is so hard to keep your head straight!

Crazy what Hobbie just tweeted.. at least he can have a laugh about it if he doesn't know about Amy and the video.

White-Tea
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by White-Tea »

Well the good thing about it is that I guess it means Amy is ok. I really cant imagine him tweeting this if she wasnt

still feels quite outta place but, you do you hobs if thats what makes you feel better about the situation

bxch
Informer
Informer

Post by bxch »

To do a successful copyright claim you also have to send YouTube some form of ID. It likely was her.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk
English is my first language and any mistakes are probably just me.

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

There ya go, Hobbie's tweet should confirm it for you. And she was playing everyone on here too, especially the fake comments under the re-uploaded video about "her family" and it being "too late now". Really sick tbh. And maybe now we can all accept that she will continue to play this out, and try and resist being her next victims of emotional manipulation? It's obvious she's in this thread and following links and stoking it all.

Ellen Ripley
Talker
Talker

Post by Ellen Ripley »

pulled quote sorry, my quotes are acting up
[som3thing] it is my belief that if once the attention dies down and people stops wondering if she killed herself or not, we will soon receive more and more crap to bring the attention back to her (possibly more "OMG it was her who died" at first and then the evidence that she is alive and well, maybe more bs about having tried to kill herself, maybe more post of picture stolen from someone else).

ITA. Watch this space. ;)

jiggy_girl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by jiggy_girl »

Lamour88 wrote:There ya go, Hobbie's tweet should confirm it for you. And she was playing everyone on here too, especially the fake comments under the re-uploaded video about "her family" and it being "too late now". Really sick tbh. And maybe now we can all accept that she will continue to play this out, and try and resist being her next victims of emotional manipulation? It's obvious she's in this thread and following links and stoking it all.
What did Hobbie tweet? I can't see it

artemist
Talker
Talker

Post by artemist »

HearMeRoar wrote:Woah, I was not bashing anybody in anyway. The reason I am saying the video should be now taken down is apparently it was the family that got it taken down. I apologise if I sound like I have a superior moral compass, I can assure you I do not because if you go back through my comments, I have been a hater of Amy and I also go on other topics here and say extremely harsh things about other YouTubers. I do not have a superiority or a superior moral compass.

Sorry.

From my view of some of your posts, it's felt like you're telling people what's right and wrong in this scenario whilst having done those very things yourself. Understandably, in the heat of the whole video coming out, we forget what we've said or miss certain posts. Whatever the case may be, it's not important.

I'm sorry to hear of your personal experience with this type of stuff. I would argue that she put her video out there on the internet knowing the buzz and media attention it/she has gotten, the rest is between YouTube and her/her family (I really doubt her family have ever been involved in this video lark).

I'm sorry if I've upset you or anything.

- - - - - - -
To main thread:

I honestly believe that this level of anxiety and worry is exactly what she wants from people. I think sending the video to her friends (if she ever did) didn't generate enough worry and sympathy from her inner circle so she released the video publicly to generate more of what she craves. Maybe she hoped news would get back to Hobbie via one of the Chosen Few who saw the video first and when it didn't she made it public. Not trying to generalise everyone of this nature with MH problems - but I was friends with someone exactly like this in high school and it was always about having the spotlight and the sympathy. She used to use make-up to paint on a black eye for school each day and tell everyone her boyfriend had hit her. She was 13. Clearly she had MH problems, but giving them exactly what they want only shows them that it works. Their way of getting attention is effective and they'll do it again and again to get that high. She needs professional help, not sympathy. In situations like this, tough love is what she needs, not excuses. If she isn't held accountable by society, she will never learn.

Bumblefrog
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Bumblefrog »

Long time lurker etc, just made this account to point something out.
It could be something or it could be nothing. But one of the girls who previously worked with Amy and was active in spreading the “find Amy” message early January (after her Instagram suicide note), well her, she’s been to a funeral this week.
Could be anybody’s.... but I feel like we’re all on high alert looking for any signs (the Luke vid for example)
Anyway her insta is @fannyannahollywood and it’s the pic with flowers

Return to “Hobbie Stuart”