Carrie Hopelessly Devoted To Oliver Ormson (Part 4)

zvezdochka
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Carrie Hopelessly Devoted To Oliver Ormson (Part 4)

Post by zvezdochka »

Please continue here :love2: :love2: :love2:
Shout out to ello101 for the title

kofi
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: Carrie Hopelessly Devoted To Oliver Ormson (Part 4)

Post by kofi »

Haha love the title!

[som3thing]
Debater
Debater

Post by [som3thing] »

xxx

I am still currently reading the first thread .. but I'll get up to date eventually XD
<3

2emma1
Talker
Talker

Post by 2emma1 »

what do you guys think of the cover of her new book? i really dont like the white back ground, it almost looks unfisnished. I also fell like the arabesques in the curtains make it kind of too busy but its kind of a nit pick

Lavender Earl Grey
Talker
Talker

Post by Lavender Earl Grey »

Maybe if she has some time off she'll be a bit more devoted to her YouTube channel-- like she used to be. Just taking the time to sit down with us and talk about what she loves, her thoughts on things in life, books...

I really like the resemblance between all of her books. I understand what you mean about the "unfinished" look but i guess that's become her style now.

Post by Guest »

So this time I'm getting Night Circus vibes from her new book. Wonder what she'll copy next time?

BlueGiraffe
Talker
Talker

Post by BlueGiraffe »

Is anyone here volunteering to buy/read the book and give us all the details on how much of it is self-insert fanfiction/wish-fulfillment?

archived
Informer
Informer

Post by archived »

2emma1 wrote:what do you guys think of the cover of her new book? i really dont like the white back ground, it almost looks unfisnished. I also fell like the arabesques in the curtains make it kind of too busy but its kind of a nit pick
I like how all her covers match but I don't like it as much as the other ones. Somethign about the font for the title looks wrong and I agree, the background makes it look unfinished. I think the colours on this on this one don't mould together very well. Something about the design of her covers just doesn't excite me.
yeehaw partner

Scram-im-reading
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Scram-im-reading »

Lavender Earl Grey wrote:Maybe if she has some time off she'll be a bit more devoted to her YouTube channel-- like she used to be. Just taking the time to sit down with us and talk about what she loves, her thoughts on things in life, books...

I really like the resemblance between all of her books. I understand what you mean about the "unfinished" look but i guess that's become her style now.
She said in her latest video that she's going to do a video everyday in January..Kinda like Vlogmas..Only after Christmas.

aizawa
Lurker
Lurker

Post by aizawa »

Something about her writing felt really off. I don't wanna say it sounded as though she was trying too hard to sound mock-deep, but... yeah, that. It feels kinda unpolished for someone who's churning a book out every damn year about her boyfriends.

wooyww
Talker
Talker

Post by wooyww »

who's gonna take one for the team and buy the book lmao

cover is alright, the photo that waterstones posted with the rose makes it look nicer than it actually is because its a lovely photo

if she does .. VEDJ ?? and does sit down type videos i might be into that. maybe giving herself a clear target (other than fukin watch me wednesdays) will help her fall back into making videos and relearn her old passion.
@bastilledan: i need to find some shade and curl up in a ball somewhere

ShadysBack
Learner
Learner

Post by ShadysBack »

I think all her books look ugly and give me giovanna vibes

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

purpleunderpants
Learner
Learner

Post by purpleunderpants »

Lavender Earl Grey wrote:Maybe if she has some time off she'll be a bit more devoted to her YouTube channel-- like she used to be. Just taking the time to sit down with us and talk about what she loves, her thoughts on things in life, books...

It's funny how she said 80% theatre, 20% writing, and failed to mention youtube. Ah well.

On another note, someone finished the last thread saying that carrie gave grandma vibes instead of gf vibes in that elephant pic with Oliver, and I totally agree. The fact that in that picture, she looks like she gained 30lbs and that gives off gma vibes is totally true. I imagine that if she was replaced by a stick-skin model (and Oliver replaced by some buff model), it would look a lot more sexual [also bc we've been trained to see healthy weight/chubbier people not as sexual as models]

if anyone awnts to call me out for fat shaming, fuck off

CapotesWidow
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by CapotesWidow »

Would put money on it being her thyroid. She looks swollen. That's exactly what happened to me.

coffelatte
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by coffelatte »

ShadysBack wrote:I think all her books look ugly and give me giovanna vibes

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
I mean to be fair most British chick lit covers have the same vibe (which I love) but the book cover of this book feels it has another vibe than when she told the plot I thought it was more darkish.
-english is not my first language-

Jojoloves
Learner
Learner

Post by Jojoloves »

How are Giovanna's books?

Whateveryouwant
Learner
Learner

Post by Whateveryouwant »

CapotesWidow wrote:Would put money on it being her thyroid. She looks swollen. That's exactly what happened to me.
Or the fact that she never seemed to join in with the cast pre-show warm up/work out and yet continued to stuff herself with whatever baked goods came through stage door

Lavender Earl Grey
Talker
Talker

Post by Lavender Earl Grey »

Jojoloves wrote:How are Giovanna's books?
I only read Billy and Me, but as someone who enjoys YA fiction, I got super invested and devoured it in a weekend. It was totally unrealistic and a bit unsatisfying, but definitely enjoyable as a light read.

coffelatte
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by coffelatte »

Whateveryouwant wrote:
CapotesWidow wrote:Would put money on it being her thyroid. She looks swollen. That's exactly what happened to me.
Or the fact that she never seemed to join in with the cast pre-show warm up/work out and yet continued to stuff herself with whatever baked goods came through stage door
I don't know if it's just me but I also think Oliver got a little bit fuller during the tour so I just think it's a mix of being on tour and not really thinking how much you are eating.
-english is not my first language-

helia
Informer
Informer

Post by helia »

I don’t know if I can get through another of her books. The last one made me angry, sad and frustrated all at the same time. I’ve read other books that aren’t even grammatically complex or full of prose, but could still convey a story in an exciting way. With hers, the writing is so bad you can’t possibly get into the story. Every sentence makes you cringe or weep at how poorly it’s constructed, and I can’t bear another week of sobbing on the tube.

I might still buy it though, because I do enjoy a good, ruthless book review. (It will be honest though. If it happens to actually be good, I will say it).

Return to “Carrie Hope Fletcher”