Daddy 'PeesInBottlesAndTinderDateExes' Dawson (Part 8)

nj12345
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Daddy 'PeesInBottlesAndTinderDateExes' Dawson (Part 8)

Post by nj12345 »

elah_w wrote:Ryland’s voice really annoys me. Not because he has a typical “gay voice”, but because it’s just so whiney and it’s rough on my ears. Something about him just really bugs me. I love Shane, Garrett, and Drew. The videos they do together are my absolute favorite. Ryland ruins them for me! He’s not funny and he’s so boring. He just makes me cringe.
OMG YES Ryland's voice in his own videos drives me fucking insane. It sounds like he's swallowing while talking or has a cold or something. I thought I was going nuts being the only one to notice it

lalal0ve
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lalal0ve »

Shane tweeted saying no video today (I don’t know about tomorrow) because they’re working on a really good 3 part series. Am I the only one that’s not into the 3 part series anymore.

I miss his regular dumb conspiracy videos & spooky boys.

Ugh

justgeek
Informer
Informer

Post by justgeek »

I’m confused. I thought he was releasing the bobby videos this week? Or did he already?? Why can’t he just post those?

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

justgeek wrote:I’m confused. I thought he was releasing the bobby videos this week? Or did he already?? Why can’t he just post those?
He's releasing a lie detector video with Bobby.
lalal0ve wrote:Am I the only one that’s not into the 3 part series anymore.
I'd like them more if they weren't stuffed with so much useless filler content and if the topics themselves were interesting. I'm not mad at it as a concept.

bharshe00
Informer
Informer

Post by bharshe00 »

manged wrote:
lalal0ve wrote:Am I the only one that’s not into the 3 part series anymore.
I'd like them more if they weren't stuffed with so much useless filler content and if the topics themselves were interesting. I'm not mad at it as a concept.
I pretty much already know what the lie detector series will be.

Part 1 will be Shane inviting Garrett over, Garrett will assume they're going to Chipotle, and Shane will reveal he got a lie detector. They'll all play around with it and freak out. After about 6 minutes, Shane calls Bobby over, not telling what it's about. The three of the guys freak out, and Bobby is about to show up, and Shane is like "wait why am I nervous"

Part 2, they're asking dumb questions. Garrett asks some creepy sexual question about him and Bobby. It's basically like an interview, just... with a lie detector. At the end, Shane decides to do it on someone else in Bobby's family -- either his mom, or girlfriend.

Part 3 will be them doing the lie detector on either mom or girlfriend, as if they're finding out the "REAL Bobby Burns". Some pseudo sad backstory to Bobby that's never been shared, maybe he grew up poor, maybe ... who knows. Whatever.

I'm just so sick of the whole "OMG MY HATER!!!" saga. Bobby was not a Shane hater, he made a single video about constructive criticism he had with Shane's content. I think it'd be cool if, instead of focusing on Bobby so much (almost obsessively), if Shane did that to more of his "haters". It'd help drill in the whole "We're all human, just because you don't like my content doesn't mean you have to hate me as a person", and it'd actually be something good for the younger viewers to hear.

Hippo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Hippo »

His channel is a fucking mess anymore.

Post by Guest »

nj12345 wrote:
elah_w wrote:Ryland’s voice really annoys me. Not because he has a typical “gay voice”, but because it’s just so whiney and it’s rough on my ears. Something about him just really bugs me. I love Shane, Garrett, and Drew. The videos they do together are my absolute favorite. Ryland ruins them for me! He’s not funny and he’s so boring. He just makes me cringe.
OMG YES Ryland's voice in his own videos drives me fucking insane. It sounds like he's swallowing while talking or has a cold or something. I thought I was going nuts being the only one to notice it
Ryland is painfully unfunny and I cannot watch his channel’s vlogs... the graying whiny voice, the lack of anything interesting and dear god those repetitive title page memes he always does *cringe*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greenfaerie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by greenfaerie »

pyroclitoral wrote:Daddy 'I am not a fucking pedophile' Dawson
Kinda off topic: I don’t have a better name idea, but could we not put the word pedophile in his title name? I know the YTers section of the board are a blend of trash/rave since there’s no distinction and don’t think Shane needs another option for google to bring his name up with that word. Call out his weight or whatever but ehh let that die.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RenaiHunter
Informer
Informer

Post by RenaiHunter »

Daddy "Definitely NOT Scripted Videos" Dawson

DrDrama
Learner
Learner

Post by DrDrama »

Personally, I feel like there's several things Shane needs to do to improve his channel...such as:
- Quit making 3-part series that COULD be condensed into one video. It's absolutely pointless and annoying to make series videos if the first video is 10-minutes of him, Garrett and Ryland talking about what's going to happen in the next video.
- Although his series videos are sometimes fun to watch, it'd be nice to have a sit-down video every once in a while. Make some reaction videos like he used to? Reacting to other youtubers, old photos, music videos?
- COLLABS with people other than his his boyfriend, Garrett or Drew. Contact Trisha, Joey, Blair, anyone!! I find Garrett and Drew hilarious but still..it'd be refreshing to see Shane joke and talk to some people we don't see constantly.
- Please, please remove Ryland from the Spooky Boys videos.
- It would be funny to see him maybe create new characters and do skits occasionally. Or bring back and refit/redesign an old character?

I know I can't be the only one getting tired of all these series that shouldn't be a series, if even one video. I mean, the "cOnFrOnTinG my HaTeR" 3 PART SERIES was NOT deserving of three videos at all. Thoughts?

morbit
Talker
Talker

Post by morbit »

LaserBeam92 wrote:Shane gives me angry vibes. He can outburst bad, but i still don't get why he says he is sad or always saying he doesn't love himself.
I know a big part of his life was not having a relationship with his dad, but his mom was always really supportive and nice. I know, still sucks but I mean, I've seen people with parent situations worse than his (at least from what we know) and they can manage better. Joey's family and mom seem more fucked up than Shanes dad, yet he turned out way more positive.
Shane still seems to be stuck in that highschool mentality.
I think Shane had issues with his mum growing up as well, I think she was an alcoholic too (since she mentions being 'sober'/not drinking sometimes). Either way, mental health doesn't only come down to childhood traumas, it has to do with day-to-day life and how you see yourself now. Shane has mentioned on the podcast that he "takes care of his entire family" financially. That's a big burden to bear, especially now that youtube is like it is. And besides, depression isn't always down to how your life actually is - it's a chemical imbalance in the brain that causes it. So I think it's a bit unfair to compare him to Joey, as we can't know everything Joey thinks and feels either. He just presents a more happy go lucky positive attitude for the camera.
Lily Laurette wrote:Also, I have mentioned this before but holy shit can Shane stop already with the "touching" moments? Every single video he posts now has to have some form of heartfelt moment with slow gutair music playing softly in the background and him making that lame half smile face, every single one even the comedy videos. It makes me cringe so extremely hard any time I hear that moment building up because it just comes across as so disingenous and corny to me.
Thank you for saying this oh my god. If there's something I hate it is when Shane does that half smile, looking smug and proud of himself, and how his voice sounds when he does it. I haaate it because it's so fake.

fqatwigs
Talker
Talker

Post by fqatwigs »

DrDrama wrote:Personally, I feel like there's several things Shane needs to do to improve his channel...such as:
Thoughts?
Girl you should tweet that whole list at him!!

I miss Drew a lot but in case anyone else hasn't seen this, here:
[youtube][/youtube]

Ctina_22
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Ctina_22 »

In my opinion about Ryland, I think he just tries too hard to be funny and have that same energy like Shane does. I think most people prefer Shane, Garrett, and Drew. I even like Ryland’s sister more than him. Honestly, I don’t mind Ryland, but I do agree with those who find him annoying.

lalal0ve
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lalal0ve »

Ryland's sister is just naturally funny unlike Ryland.
I would love if Shane did more chill collab videos, even though I know he claims to hate them.

These are a few people that come to mind when I think collab: Blaire White, Christine Sydelko, Jenna Marbles.

mazz
Learner
Learner

Post by mazz »

Honestly I find Ryland's mum so funny, he should collab with her more often hahah. Shane's mum seems nice enough I guess, but I find her personality so forced and quite cringey. I also ind Shane trying to include her in pretty much every video really weird too

Hippo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Hippo »

Well that's another day with no video. Did they just can that Bobby lie detector video(s) or what?

courants
Learner
Learner

Post by courants »

I'm not really getting the Ryland hate. Personally I always disliked Lisa more. :|

Ctina_22
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Ctina_22 »

courants wrote:I'm not really getting the Ryland hate. Personally I always disliked Lisa more. :|
For me, I don’t hate Ryland. I just think he tries hard to fit in with Shane and Garrett. I think pretty much everyone in the comment section of Shane’s videos love Garrett and Drew.

I think the “Spooky Boys” should only have Shane, Garrett, and Drew. Not Ryland because he is skeptical about things which is fine, but ruins the fun.

HaleyBoBailey
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by HaleyBoBailey »

Ctina_22 wrote:
courants wrote:I'm not really getting the Ryland hate. Personally I always disliked Lisa more. :|
For me, I don’t hate Ryland. I just think he tries hard to fit in with Shane and Garrett. I think pretty much everyone in the comment section of Shane’s videos love Garrett and Drew.

I think the “Spooky Boys” should only have Shane, Garrett, and Drew. Not Ryland because he is skeptical about things which is fine, but ruins the fun.
I’d be alright with Ryland’s sister joining the Spooky Boys, but not Ryland. He can be a Debbie Downer. Morgan is at least entertaining.

Nun4GretchenWieners
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nun4GretchenWieners »

viewtopic.php?f=309&t=33365

Here you all go, you can continue here :D

Return to “Shane Dawson”