Poppy/ThatPoppy

thecalcographer
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Poppy/ThatPoppy

Post by thecalcographer »

I didn't see a thread for her so I thought I would start one off. What do you guys think of her? She's a Youtube musician/personality/performance artist? and just won a Streamy for Breakthrough Artist. I've been watching her videos since 2012, back when she was friends with Tessa Violet and before she was the blonde Factory Girl/David Lynch barbie character that she does now, and I think that transition has been super interesting.

inmensidad
Informer
Informer

Re: Poppy/ThatPoppy

Post by inmensidad »

what has she been doing before?

thecalcographer
Learner
Learner

Post by thecalcographer »

inmensidad wrote:what has she been doing before?
This is all stuff that I know on her. It can all be found with a little bit of internet digging, but let me know if this isn’t okay and I can take it down.

Born in Nashville in 1994, Moriah Rose Pereira recalls wanting to be a Rockette as a child and grew up dancing, which she did for 11 years. Her father was a drummer in a band, and she recalls watching his band play when she was very young. She has an older brother who is also a musician. She gets her nickname, Poppy, because a friend thought she looked like a character named Poppy in a movie they were watching.
Prior to 2014, Poppy performed at various social media festivals, including VidCon in June 2012 and DigiTour in June 2013. In 2012, she sang a cover of MGMT's "Kids", with her friends in the musical group Heyhihello. She is featured on Eppic's track "Hide and Seek". She collaborated with Steamy In the City Creator Studio to produce a music video for a cover of Alt-J's "Breezeblocks", as well as Mazzy Star's "Fade Into You". During this time, she was friends with Tessa Violet and Shawna Howson and did a song that appeared in one of Tessa's videos, “Doesn’t Have to mean I’m Wrong”, under the name Moriah Poppy ( (I think they met through the Nashville Youtube singer/songwriter community, as they have also both collaborated with HeyHiHello.) Titanic Sinclair and Mars Argo sing backing vocals on this track. Poppy met them in 2012 after being internet friends with them. In addition to uploading music videos on her channel, Poppy also uploaded some vlog-style videos during this time, such as “50 Facts About Me” or “What’s In My Suitcase”. She was also friends with Louis Cole/funforlouis (
In 2014, Poppy moved to Los Angeles after the breakup of Titanic and Mars and began working on a music project with Titanic Sinclair, which became the current iteration of Poppy. It was around this time where she privated/deleted her other videos. The first one they did together, “Poppy Eats Cotton Candy” was uploaded November, 2014. After moving to LA, Poppy was signed to Island Records in 2015 and released her first song “Everyone Wants to be Poppy” and her first single, “Lowlife”. She also moved in with Debby Ryan, of Disney Channel fame ( I’ve always wondered how they met and why they chose to live together, because by 2014, Debby was already quite wealthy and famous, while Poppy was still unknown. Poppy was also friends with Nickelodeon alum Matt Bennett, who appeared in one of her Youtube videos as “Talking Pho”. In late 2016, Poppy left Island Records, created a label with Titanic Sinclair called “I’m Poppy Records” and released her first single, “I’m Poppy”. Recently, she released her new album, Poppy.Computer.

There are some pictures of her from her pre-Titanic Sinclair days that people who are interested can find here:

Edit: Demi Lovato, Keke Palmer, and Nick Jonas are signed to Island Records, so that might be how she met Debby Ryan and Matt Bennett?

kayuhsee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kayuhsee »

thecalcographer wrote:Edit: Demi Lovato, Keke Palmer, and Nick Jonas are signed to Island Records, so that might be how she met Debby Ryan and Matt Bennett?
For some reason I always thought Titanic and Matt Bennett were friends before somehow. From what I've seen Matt is into the whole artsy fartsy thing like Titanic.

kayuhsee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kayuhsee »

So anyway, I saw Poppy tonight and let me tell you it was SO much fun. I am not a concert goer, and typically don't have a ton of fun at them. Literally the only thing I felt was kind of eh was Charlotte's DJ set but mainly because it's pretty long. It's fun to dance and sing to, but it could have started maybe earlier if they wanted to make it that long? Though really that's a minimal complaint tbh, and like I said the concert was really entertaining!

[som3thing]
Debater
Debater

Post by [som3thing] »

Has anyone heard about the lawsuit and everything going on lately? I honestly don't know what to think.
<3

inmensidad
Informer
Informer

Post by inmensidad »

Hmm what is it about exactly?

[som3thing]
Debater
Debater

Post by [som3thing] »

Here is all I know:

the very first news here:
[youtube][/youtube]

starts at 6:50
[youtube][/youtube]
<3

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wanderlust »

*following

Eldritch_Observer
Learner
Learner

Post by Eldritch_Observer »

I used to really like watching the weirdness but it all just got too too weird for me, and I'm a certified weirdo, lol
:HK: ♥ Gossip is just news running ahead of itself in a red satin dress. ♥ :HK:

Vivi_ubri
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Vivi_ubri »

I believe we are about to see the end of the Poppy project, or at least, the end of Poppy and Titanic's partnership. Neither of them follow each other on Instagram or Twitter. Titanic has deleted all of the personal he had with Poppy on his Instagram, whereas on his Twitter, he is simply just promoting 'BloodMoney' and their upcoming tour. Speaking of the tour, usually Titanic is present and plays the base while Poppy sings, however, many fans as of late have notice him gone.

In other news, I personally kind of like her current music.

tacobeard
Informer
Informer

Post by tacobeard »

Vivi_ubri wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:18 pm
I believe we are about to see the end of the Poppy project, or at least, the end of Poppy and Titanic's partnership. Neither of them follow each other on Instagram or Twitter. Titanic has deleted all of the personal he had with Poppy on his Instagram, whereas on his Twitter, he is simply just promoting 'BloodMoney' and their upcoming tour. Speaking of the tour, usually Titanic is present and plays the base while Poppy sings, however, many fans as of late have notice him gone.

In other news, I personally kind of like her current music.
I heard elsewhere that they are trying to distance Poppy from Titanic Sinclair but they are going to still work together as always, just a little more secretive. I wonder what is actually happening!

wild4thenight
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by wild4thenight »

anybody else been watching edwin's videos on this recently?

Return to “Music”