Inthebackrow - Wannabe Premium Vicky (part 2)

ExtraCepuliar
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Inthebackrow - Wannabe Premium Vicky

Post by ExtraCepuliar »

kikidrk12 wrote:
Booty Guru wrote:
Emmy25 wrote:Couldn't she have done a separate video on the man who assaulted her being caught and sentenced rather than mentioning it at the end of a vlog whilst furiously applying make up?
Yeah, I thought it was strange. Such a serious topic - and what a great outcome! - but she just briefly talked about it flippantly while slapping some makeup on her face. I also expected her talking about it to be a bigger part of the video, considering the title of the video was "THE OUTCOME OF MY #METOO VIDEO", but it's really just an afterthought tacked on to the end there. :roll:
I found an article about the man that did it.
Would you mind sharing the link here? I looked for articles and didn't find anything.

Post by Guest »

I can imagine that talking while she puts her makeup on probably helps her speak about it

peeperairsacs
Talker
Talker

Post by peeperairsacs »

While I wouldn't call Vic's trips "hard work" per se, I can understand why she would be exhausted from the constant travelling. I travel a lot to present at conferences for work but not half as often as Vic, and I'm still tired all the time! My advice for her would be to stay in UK for a while and actively grow her brand with local opportunities instead of just accepting every single trip left and right. Travelling sucks and takes up so much time that could be better used making better (LESS BORING) content.

GetRichFromLies
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by GetRichFromLies »

curiouserer wrote:
To be fair, that’s Instagram in general these days. People just want to double tap a pretty picture and keep scrolling. Her fans probably don’t want a history lesson, they just want aesthetically pleasing images and to see fashion content(Hopefully get a reply from her as well). She’s one of the only influencers I see who actively engages with her audience, fairly regularly. She replies to many people on her Instagram and YouTube. Probably why she grows so much, the new algorithms are crap, that kind of activity is really needed.
Yeah, but I'm talking about her youtube. Just be honest and say you don't know anything, the way she keeps trying to add bit of cultural interest and only making herself look ignorant is embarrassing. Most people would know what gelato is, or be able to make a connection, maybe not. It's just endless ignorance from world traveller Vicky when it would be so easy to do a bit of research before she goes somewhere.

She does work hard on instagram, but she also bought a lot of followers not long ago. She denied it and said why would she do that when her instagram was big anyway, but there's no other explanation for that spike, and she was left red faced. She's probably over the moon social blade can't report on instagram now, and she'll buy buy buy. If you look at her socialblade for youtube she gains a suspiciously similar amount of followers every day, looks like they're paid for too.

curiouserer
Learner
Learner

Post by curiouserer »

GetRichFromLies wrote:
curiouserer wrote:
To be fair, that’s Instagram in general these days. People just want to double tap a pretty picture and keep scrolling. Her fans probably don’t want a history lesson, they just want aesthetically pleasing images and to see fashion content(Hopefully get a reply from her as well). She’s one of the only influencers I see who actively engages with her audience, fairly regularly. She replies to many people on her Instagram and YouTube. Probably why she grows so much, the new algorithms are crap, that kind of activity is really needed.
Yeah, but I'm talking about her youtube. Just be honest and say you don't know anything, the way she keeps trying to add bit of cultural interest and only making herself look ignorant is embarrassing. Most people would know what gelato is, or be able to make a connection, maybe not. It's just endless ignorance from world traveller Vicky when it would be so easy to do a bit of research before she goes somewhere.

She does work hard on instagram, but she also bought a lot of followers not long ago. She denied it and said why would she do that when her instagram was big anyway, but there's no other explanation for that spike, and she was left red faced. She's probably over the moon social blade can't report on instagram now, and she'll buy buy buy. If you look at her socialblade for youtube she gains a suspiciously similar amount of followers every day, looks like they're paid for too.
I rue the day they clamp down on the bots. I rarely follow anyone back on instagram because it’s usually bots. I’ll get a flurry of followers, then I watch them disappear a few days later because the bot has unfollowed that batch. I’ve had so many of these small time influencers do it (ones with <20k) that I am aware of through other people. There’s no point doing it because engagement is key - these fake followers won’t engage. Probably why Instagram and YouTube keep fiddling with the algorithms.

kikidrk12
Informer
Informer

Post by kikidrk12 »

ExtraCepuliar wrote:
kikidrk12 wrote:
Booty Guru wrote:
Emmy25 wrote:Couldn't she have done a separate video on the man who assaulted her being caught and sentenced rather than mentioning it at the end of a vlog whilst furiously applying make up?
Yeah, I thought it was strange. Such a serious topic - and what a great outcome! - but she just briefly talked about it flippantly while slapping some makeup on her face. I also expected her talking about it to be a bigger part of the video, considering the title of the video was "THE OUTCOME OF MY #METOO VIDEO", but it's really just an afterthought tacked on to the end there. :roll:

Would you mind sharing the link here? I looked for articles and didn't find anything.
This is it https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... n-14802283

ladyevil
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ladyevil »

GetRichFromLies wrote:In the Italy vlog she is SO dense! How is this woman a travel vlogger when she cannot ever be bothered to learn about the places she goes to. It's like India all over again. She says "it's all ruins here! Sorry if you been to Rome and already knew this, but I'm imagining what it would have been like when the Romans were here and it would have all been like this", (points at the Altare Della Patria which was finished in 1925). She says "these would have all been buildings", pointing at the ruins :rofl:

Also - she says "I don't know why but Italian ice-cream seems to taste better for some reason." Why don't you Google the word gelato and where it comes from dummy?

I feel like she's only looking for Instagram spots when she's abroad, and says some dumb things so she can pretend she's knowledgable about the history or culture.
Haha I agree with this so much, she's as deep as a puddle. I also cringed when she said "ohhh you're so cute!" to the gelato guy, almost like "aww adorable foreigner!" She's just so patronizing. I'm mostly just mad that I clicked on the vlog thinking I would get an update on the MeToo situation and instead it was just Victoria shilling expensive face cream for 15 mins.

Emmy25
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Emmy25 »

I'm a bit confused by the article kikidrk12 posted.
Vic said her viewed helped find him but the article says that a member of the public recognised his face in the paper. Maybe she left some of the story out.

koalah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by koalah »

Emmy25 wrote:I'm a bit confused by the article kikidrk12 posted.
Vic said her viewed helped find him but the article says that a member of the public recognised his face in the paper. Maybe she left some of the story out.
It could be a viewer but the papers can't name the victim (Victoria) so it's confusing to call the person a viewer instead of member of the public. I'm glad they caught the person and that she decided to report it when it happened not letting it go. That guy is such a creep. He got off light.

Clover la BonBon
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Clover la BonBon »

koalah wrote:
Emmy25 wrote:I'm a bit confused by the article kikidrk12 posted.
It could be a viewer but the papers can't name the victim (Victoria) so it's confusing to call the person a viewer instead of member of the public. I'm glad they caught the person and that she decided to report it when it happened not letting it go. That guy is such a creep. He got off light.
Yeah Victoria suggested it could be a viewer because of the pick up of the case after the video. Shame that bit was stuck on the end, probably should have been a separate video.

(Do we need a new thread?)

vanillacoconut
Learner
Learner

Post by vanillacoconut »

I 've been following her for ages, way before the "luxury" rebranding, and for the most part it was entertaining to see those high end/designer fashion hauls and expensive handbags.
Lately though, I can't stand the girl, and I see mysef unsubscribing shortly:
1. She's the queen of clickbait imo. The huuuuge announcement was just another website relaunch, and two of her latest vlogs capped "reaching breaking point" and "the outcome of my metoo story" were just regular vlogs with a short reel of her talking at the end of the video putting on her makeup.
2. Her ignorance on certain things... She's surprised so many ppl in India speak fluent English, and she doesn't know how to pronounce Pantelleria. I mean, I'm no lifestyle/travel blogger and I wouldn't make those mistakes, surely "luxury" Victoria has less excuses than the rest of us. And dont get me started on "bandau". Ffs girl, you surely don't say "au de toilette", do you?
3. Everything is amaaaazing and goooorgeous and beauuutiful. All.the.time. Because "you guys don't like it when ppl moan". We also don't like it when ppl sugar coat everything, either. You can appreciate the beauty of something whilst articulating some sort of opinion or comment about it too, can't you? Or there might be pros and cons about a product/hotel/travel experience worth mentioning, no? Even little things would have added some depth and substance to her content, now it's all about how things look, and that becomes boring after a while.

You guys have pointed out her weight/food issues and the engagement-zilla antics, and you're right about those too. At this point, besides pretty photos (which may or may not be everyone's cup of tea), there's not much else she brings to the table...

ExtraCepuliar
Learner
Learner

Post by ExtraCepuliar »

kikidrk12 wrote:
ExtraCepuliar wrote:
kikidrk12 wrote:
Booty Guru wrote:

This is it <a class="vglnk" href="https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... n-14802283" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>manchestereveningnews</span><span>.</span><span>co</span><span>.</span><span>uk</span><span>/</span><span>news</span><span>/</span><span>greater</span><span>-</span><span>manchester</span><span>-</span><span>news</span><span>/</span><span>man</span><span>-</span><span>who</span><span>-</span><span>repeatedly</span><span>-</span><span>groped</span><span>-</span><span>woman</span><span>-</span><span>14802283</span></a>
Thank you!

bad_wolf
Informer
Informer

Post by bad_wolf »

that underboob is so so premium.

could she be wearing more dior items? we get it. you're premium. :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Allie_Mac
Debater
Debater

Post by Allie_Mac »

4617D614-285A-4D42-9D0C-DB15846F3D35.jpeg
Breaking stereotypes indeed! Victoria is the living proof you can write a phd and still be DUMB AF :rofl:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gurubydaygossiperby
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gurubydaygossiperby »

curiouserer wrote:
Allie_Mac wrote:
GetRichFromLies wrote:In the Italy vlog she is SO dense! How is this woman a travel vlogger when she cannot ever be bothered to learn about the places she goes to. It's like India all over again. She says "it's all ruins here! Sorry if you been to Rome and already knew this, but I'm imagining what it would have been like when the Romans were here and it would have all been like this", (points at the Altare Della Patria which was finished in 1925). She says "these would have all been buildings", pointing at the ruins :rofl:

Also - she says "I don't know why but Italian ice-cream seems to taste better for some reason." Why don't you Google the word gelato and where it comes from dummy?

I feel like she's only looking for Instagram spots when she's abroad, and says some dumb things so she can pretend she's knowledgable about the history or culture.
THIS. That’s Victoria in a nutshell imo. She only cares about aesthetics, not actual information whatsoever. Her travel vlogs are the most useless things ever, she is incapable of providing useful tips to her audience about the places she goes to.
How did someone this fucking dumb ever finish as PhD program? Hello Dimtoria, Romans still live in Rome :rofl: Do you think she is confused about how water in a pool is different than an ocean too? Do Influencers not know about Google because a quick Google search would make them look far less foolish. Then again how else will they beg for free products and bait engagement/comments.

KenAdams007
Debater
Debater

Post by KenAdams007 »

Personally, I don’t mind Victoria. She’s got hustle, and I can respect that. She’s almost at the Aimee Song, Camilla Coelho, Negin Mirasalehi level. I appreciate the hard work she puts into putting out content, especially when you compare her to Lidl Millen. However two things do irk me . One, she’s gotta stop with the lip fillers! Why?! Just why!? It’s creating that mustache shadow above her lip which is a clear indicator that’s someone’s had too much done. The second, the FAKE tanning. Sometimes she looks really orange, and it clashes with her hair, especially around the hairline. I wish she would just embrace her skin color. Like girl, you live in the UK, and you’re white. I don’t expect you to be tan like J. Lo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KenAdams007
Debater
Debater

Post by KenAdams007 »

Personally, I don’t mind Victoria. She’s got hustle, and I can respect that. She’s almost at the Aimee Song, Camilla Coelho, Negin Mirasalehi level. I appreciate the hard work she puts into putting out content, especially when you compare her to Lidl Millen. However two things do irk me . One, she’s gotta stop with the lip fillers! Why?! Just why!? It’s creating that mustache shadow above her lip which is a clear indicator that’s someone’s had too much done. The second, the FAKE tanning. Sometimes she looks really orange, and it clashes with her hair, especially around the hairline. I wish she would just embrace her skin color. Like girl, you live in the UK, and you’re white. I don’t expect you to be tan like J. Lo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peeperairsacs
Talker
Talker

Post by peeperairsacs »

She literally looks like Victoria Beckham in that revolve vid thumbnail... except not in a good way, more in a 40-yo lady who's had one too many "procedures" kind of way... RIP

Clover la BonBon
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Clover la BonBon »

bad_wolf wrote:that underboob is so so premium.

could she be wearing more dior items? we get it. you're premium. :roll:
Why does Dior look so bad these days?

seeschanelskies
Talker
Talker

Post by seeschanelskies »

Has her lisp grown worse? I honestly thought she had lost a tooth or something in her Revolve haul! I watched her a few times in the past and barely even noticed it. From her lip injections, maybe?

Return to “Inthefrow”