Lotion/moisturizer sensitivity?

awwsomegirl16
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Lotion/moisturizer sensitivity?

Post by awwsomegirl16 »

My face is quite sensitive to lotion, the only 2 that work for my face is the eucerin lotion and neutroginas basic facial moisturizer. I grew up using exclusively the eucerin lotion so that might be why every other lotion I've tried causes me to feel like I put poised ivy on my face, but I might be sensitive to something else, since I have a reaction to aloe Vera on my skin. Does anybody else have this problem? Or any advice since I want to try different moisturizers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pandolynx
Lurker
Lurker

Re: Lotion/moisturizer sensitivity?

Post by pandolynx »

I'm just wondering were you using 100% pure Aloe Vera? I'm okay with pure but 99.9% or unlabeled somehow breaks me out.
Move drugstores have cetaphil and cerave product that are great for sensitive skin and worth checking out.
You could also try to get a sample (at like Sephora etc.) for First Aid Beauty or Kiehl's etc. if you want to move more high end.
But I'll go see a dermatologist if the sensitivity gets worse; if everything can irritates your skin, it's probably a great idea to see if your reaction is caused by certain ingredients or by environment.

awwsomegirl16
Lurker
Lurker

Post by awwsomegirl16 »

pandolynx wrote:I'm just wondering were you using 100% pure Aloe Vera? I'm okay with pure but 99.9% or unlabeled somehow breaks me out.
I've tried Pure aloe Vera as well as products that have aloe Vera in them, which both cause me to have a reaction, but I haven't tried 99.9%.

pandolynx
Lurker
Lurker

Post by pandolynx »

I was wondering about pure or 99% because 99.9% aloe vera still often have harsh chemical in them. If pure isn't working, I might just avoid aloe vera as well.
My skin turn crazy sensitive during winter, and I usually use mild cleanser and for sensitive, fragrance/dye free skincare only, and avoid putting on makeup.

makeupmenace
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by makeupmenace »

You may have sensitivities to certain plant extracts. I have this problem as well. My skin reacts to a number of different things, and I have many allergies, so my options are limited. I use the First Aid Beauty line right now. Simple is also a good option if you're not cruelty-free.

Seeing an allergist might not be a bad idea, if it's an actual allergic reaction you're having to different things. You'd know what to stay away from.
Blending is my cardio.

Return to “Skincare”