Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: AllThatGlitters21 General Thread Part 9

Post by lucyandthebanshees »

palvarado wrote:
lucyandthebanshees wrote:
palvarado wrote:
lucyandthebanshees wrote:
palvarado wrote:I swear Elle is the most spoiled human on earth. I wish my mom would make me pancakes tater tots and guac upon request lmao
i think because she’s pregnant and not feeling well, her parents are just trying to make her more comfortable. My parents would do the same thing, tbh.
I totally get that, and I’m pregnant and my parents have been great.... but it seems like whenever Elle is home she is babied SO much. Her mom cooks like 3 course meals whatever Elle wants in like every vlog. She just seems very immature for being 30 or however old she is in my opinion.. which is why I agree with posts saying she’s going to be bedridden for weeks after the c-section, having Blair take the baby to get his photos done etc.
maybe her parents just really like to cook? It’s not outrageous that your family cooks you nice meals when you visit them. Whenever I go home for the holidays, my parents ask me what I would like them to make ahead of time because they love cooking and they’re excited to have me eat their food cause I see them once a year. I think maybe your family dynamic is different, which is totally fine.

I can see that. I live like two streets away from my parents so I see them weekly, or course for holidays and if im sick they’ll make whatever I want. I just feel like Elle is home wayyyy more often than once a year and she is more dependent on her parents than anyone I’ve ever met. Everyone’s different though, but she will be in for a shock when she will have to cook meals herself for her child. Come to think of if, never seen her cook, even in previous vlogs. Always eating in restaurants or eating crackers or oatmeal. Oh welll... guess she will learn in a few years!
this is true. She mostly just assembles things like salads and sandwiches but I’ve never seen her post about actually COOKING anything except oatmeal (and she eats the instant kind anyway) lol. Maybe she’ll have a personal chef to cater to her son lol

DanceDance
Learner
Learner

Post by DanceDance »

I can’t wait to see how inevitably overly dramatic and stressful her labour and delivery story will be, without yet even getting in to the post c-section recovery she’ll capitalise on

al218
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by al218 »

the only thing she's cooked for herself is that gross tuna on ritz crackers with Lawry seasoning.

Gaga
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Gaga »

She admitted back when her planner group first started that she doesn't cook. She asked for video ideas, and tons of people said cooking videos/grocery hauls, and she said (Not word for word lol) that she doesn't really cook, really grocery shop, or really keep up with food. Whatever that means... I mean back in the day her and Blair split a grapefruit for breakfast lol.

prettylights92
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by prettylights92 »

stubbssie wrote:I ALWAYS thought her taste in books was ridiculous, but now she’s like... 30 reading and seriously invested in young adult novels about fairies. Wtf.

It really is sad and pathetic. She’s so airheaded she probably can’t comprehend/enjoy any book over an 8th grade reading level. But this is a woman who plays with stickers for a living lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blueyezbeauty94
Debater
Debater

Post by blueyezbeauty94 »

stubbssie wrote:I ALWAYS thought her taste in books was ridiculous, but now she’s like... 30 reading and seriously invested in young adult novels about fairies. Wtf.

I know. It is so strange. I mean I love historical fiction and pretty much only read that genre now after finishing college but there has to be a more mature version of what she is reading. If she likes fantasy why doesn't she read game of thrones? or outlander for the romance? Why does she read books for 16 year olds?

thatsranunculus
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by thatsranunculus »

IMO, there's generally nothing wrong with adults reading YA, especially if they're reading legitimately good books. "Young adult" is mostly just a marketing term. Many books labeled as YA deal with the same types of subjects and are written just as well as "literary" novels marketed to an adult audience, just with younger protagonists (which does not necessarily equate to less mature or complex theme, narration, writing style, etc.). That said, Elle has always had terrible taste. It made a certain amount of sense for her to read these popular, lowest common denominator-type books back when she was still regularly making those glitterature videos (because her audience was younger and popular titles are the ones that people would be searching for). But now it's embarrassing that these are the only books she's interested in reading.
"Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's lies. It's probably lies."—Michelle Wolf

palvarado
Talker
Talker

Post by palvarado »

Hahaa “doesn’t keep up with food” made me laugh. She has very odd sleeping and eating habits. I understand she has insomnia or something but I don’t think she’s ever tried to get help for it. Im not a doctor but it’s prob not good to stay up all night and then sleep all day. She’s just one of the strangest people ever. Or the day when she was like “I forgot to eat today” ... as a pregnant woman I can say it’s impossible to forget to eat. At least after the first trimester when you’re kind of nauseous. I’m starving every two hours lol

On a serious note, if she has some sort of eating disorder I hope she gets help for it! In fact I’m sure the eating and sleeping might tie in together.. maybe if she ate more balanced meals throughout the day she would be able to sleep at night?

Piink-mcnasty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Piink-mcnasty »

I hope she figures out her sleeping schedual quick, cause the baby isnt going to have insomnia! If shes smart she would get him into a routine vs staying up all night, then staying up all day to deal with baby. You cant make a baby nap all day cause you had insomnia!
I think this is where her mom/blair will come in on taking care of the baby so precious elle can sleep! :roll:
Shes going to have a rude awakening to being an adult soon! Haha

I couldnt imagine needing to eat out every meal as an adult simply cause i dont cook or do groceries!

I just dont understand how shes going to survive back in Cali with a baby..: it has be very curious hahhaa

this.on
Informer
Informer

Post by this.on »

thatsranunculus wrote:IMO, there's generally nothing wrong with adults reading YA, especially if they're reading legitimately good books. "Young adult" is mostly just a marketing term. Many books labeled as YA deal with the same types of subjects and are written just as well as "literary" novels marketed to an adult audience, just with younger protagonists (which does not necessarily equate to less mature or complex theme, narration, writing style, etc.). That said, Elle has always had terrible taste. It made a certain amount of sense for her to read these popular, lowest common denominator-type books back when she was still regularly making those glitterature videos (because her audience was younger and popular titles are the ones that people would be searching for). But now it's embarrassing that these are the only books she's interested in reading.
I have a BA in English, so I'd say I'm decently well read haha Yet, YA novels are my top favorite read, they're fun and enjoyable and it's super easy to get into the story. Reading these books is for sheer entertainment though, so there's nothing wrong with it.

I prefer YA cause I'm still immature and relate, emotionally, to teens rather than adults. So, that could be why Elle also likes YA novels.

I mean even find Elle immature and she's a good few years older than I am lol
However, there's nothing wrong with liking a certain type of book, what's wrong is her apparent disconnect from reality; she doesn't find male fairies sexy...but (like y'all have said) married one, she is in constant denial about photoshopped photos/her physical image entirely, she thinks playing dumb and acting like a child is quirky and cute, and she thinks she's still relevant.

She's got bigger issues than just liking YA novels lol

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

But does Alex cook? If he does it won't be a big deal for the kid.

Random thought: Mama and Papa Fowler have a beautiful Tennesse mansion. Elle mentioned wanting to either raise a family in TN, NY, or CA because of Alex's work. I could totally see her parents giving her the house when they're complete empty nesters and ready to downsize. Or just let the two of them move in lol

clairebear
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clairebear »

I think if Elle had it her way she wouldn't eat at all and she'll probably go back to starving herself after the kid is born. These two knobs shouldn't be parents. They both seem so dumb and Elle is so selfish and all about herself. Being pregnant isn't an illness my god.

ilfiore
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ilfiore »

Gaga wrote:She admitted back when her planner group first started that she doesn't cook. She asked for video ideas, and tons of people said cooking videos/grocery hauls, and she said (Not word for word lol) that she doesn't really cook, really grocery shop, or really keep up with food. Whatever that means... I mean back in the day her and Blair split a grapefruit for breakfast lol.
omg what video was this in?

miranda5
Informer
Informer

Post by miranda5 »

ilfiore wrote:Image

dO tHeY aLl CoMe OuT wItH lItTlE hAtS?! what the fuck lmao

And they are reproducing, my friends...

I don´t really care about their diets, they being grown up immature children and whatever. But that poor baby is gonna grow up thinking it´s normal to behave like his role models.... so sad.

stubbssie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by stubbssie »

this.on wrote:
thatsranunculus wrote:IMO, there's generally nothing wrong with adults reading YA, especially if they're reading legitimately good books. "Young adult" is mostly just a marketing term. Many books labeled as YA deal with the same types of subjects and are written just as well as "literary" novels marketed to an adult audience, just with younger protagonists (which does not necessarily equate to less mature or complex theme, narration, writing style, etc.). That said, Elle has always had terrible taste. It made a certain amount of sense for her to read these popular, lowest common denominator-type books back when she was still regularly making those glitterature videos (because her audience was younger and popular titles are the ones that people would be searching for). But now it's embarrassing that these are the only books she's interested in reading.
I have a BA in English, so I'd say I'm decently well read haha Yet, YA novels are my top favorite read, they're fun and enjoyable and it's super easy to get into the story. Reading these books is for sheer entertainment though, so there's nothing wrong with it.

I prefer YA cause I'm still immature and relate, emotionally, to teens rather than adults. So, that could be why Elle also likes YA novels.

I mean even find Elle immature and she's a good few years older than I am lol
However, there's nothing wrong with liking a certain type of book, what's wrong is her apparent disconnect from reality; she doesn't find male fairies sexy...but (like y'all have said) married one, she is in constant denial about photoshopped photos/her physical image entirely, she thinks playing dumb and acting like a child is quirky and cute, and she thinks she's still relevant.

She's got bigger issues than just liking YA novels lol

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
I find it difficult to believe she doesn’t find male-fairies attractive. Out of curiosity I read the synopsis of this book. It reads like fan fiction written by a teen, with vague rapey elements and sexy male fairies. The main character ends up a forever young immortal fairy. Actually it kind of sounded like twilight with fairies.

justmiss
Informer
Informer

Post by justmiss »

stubbssie wrote:
I find it difficult to believe she doesn’t find male-fairies attractive. Out of curiosity I read the synopsis of this book. It reads like fan fiction written by a teen, with vague rapey elements and sexy male fairies. The main character ends up a forever young immortal fairy. Actually it kind of sounded like twilight with fairies.
I was suprised too. Just look at Alex.

Gaga
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Gaga »

ilfiore wrote:
Gaga wrote:She admitted back when her planner group first started that she doesn't cook. She asked for video ideas, and tons of people said cooking videos/grocery hauls, and she said (Not word for word lol) that she doesn't really cook, really grocery shop, or really keep up with food. Whatever that means... I mean back in the day her and Blair split a grapefruit for breakfast lol.
omg what video was this in?
I don't remember the exact video, but it's from their first LA apartment, the all pink/black/white one. A vlog on Elle's channel I believe.

palvarado
Talker
Talker

Post by palvarado »

That pool is tiny it’s crazy I thought it was a hot tub. Anyways... Elle did that weird noise several times again, the Oompa Loompa call haha

Yoona
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Yoona »

Watching Elle and Blair sit there in the pool and practically compete to prove who was the most uncomfortable was one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen.

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

Yoona wrote:Watching Elle and Blair sit there in the pool and practically compete to prove who was the most uncomfortable was one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen.
Got a TLDW of what happened? That totally sounds like something Blair would do LOL

Return to “Elle Fowler”