Re: The Devil Wears Preda (Joey Graceffa) Part 17

Post by lurkerloo »

purple_lampshade wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:26 pm
lurkerloo wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:10 pm
They rehomed Red.
Do you know why? Poor Maria is probably heartbroken
They said there were a lot of behavioral issues between him and Moon. They called it "litter mate syndrome." Daniel said that he handled most the fights at first and kept them separate while they worked on it, but then Joey witnessed a fight so they made the decision to rehome him. I just don't think they thought about how many dogs they would have and how much work huskies are. I mean, they should have. They've had huskies for a long time.

I want to be sympathetic towards them, we've had to rehome a dog for behavioral issues and it's not an easy decision. My brother had a dog that went to stay with my mom for a week while they adjusted to a newborn and she never left. Somewhere along the way she developed severe dog aggression to other female dogs, and my elderly mother was caught in the middle. ER visits for both her and the dogs. Stitches all around. My sister and I forced her to rehome the aggressive dog. It had to be done. (Edited to add: My elderly mother is a badass and lives independently without us worrying, but the dog aggression caused an extreme amount of anxiety for us.)

Frenchlurker
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Frenchlurker »

i try to be sympathetic but they are 3 adults with already a lot of hardly handled dogs.
they didn't need to keep 2 puppies, hell they didn't need to keep one.
They should have got information. i'm mostly sympathetic for the dog, hope he'll have a good home.

Frenchlurker
Debater
Debater

Post by Frenchlurker »

also in his insta stories Joey definitely plays with the break up rumors...

FleekCucumber
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FleekCucumber »

I think they were forced to rehome one. Someone reported them for having too many dogs when they decided to keep 2 puppies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

meow326
Debater
Debater

Post by meow326 »

Hello! New to this thread and starting at page one but I have to know something first ... how the hell does Joey know Madeline petsch? She's staying with him right now during the quarantine. I've not watched Joey in years so I'm out of the loop 🙃

aga1007
Learner
Learner

Post by aga1007 »

I want to scream, that’s how absolutely annoyed and frustrated I am with Joey Graceffa. First, he lies about Lark “accidentally” getting pregnant. Second, rehomes Red or Shadow when he wasn’t even their dog to rehome and now third, he’s gone out and “saved” a pregnant cat, brought it home and now intends on raising the kittens. I want to scream. It’s just one thing after another satisfying his ego and saving his YouTube channel with pet births. They got rid of Shadow and now they take in a litter of kittens!? You have four dogs you barely take care of and now it’s on to the next thing; kittens. The absolute animal menagerie that they are hosting is making me sick.

*If he did in fact save this cat from being euthanized, I applaud the effort but I don’t believe a word Joey says. It’s whatever fits his narrative and makes him look like a saint.

sleepmon
Debater
Debater

Post by sleepmon »

Yup I agree. I told him off in the comments. He's going to exploit the shit out of the cats and as a cat person I'm not here for it. He's got four dogs, did his audience get tired of them?

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

probably. pets can only be a novelty for the audience for so long, and once they're no longer puppies the internet starts losing interest.
same with joey tho, he's probably losing interest in the dogs and the cats are like a new toy.
thing is, having cats and having dogs are completely different things. although dogs if not trained/treated properly can be awful, cats will completely turn on someone if they're not treated right. i can totally see those cats turning joey's life into a living hell if he doesn't treat them right.
and lbr, if there's a litter, chances are joey's looking at them with dollar signs in his eyes. he's probably gonna "rehome" all the kittens after a couple months, i.e. sell them all for profit
The Internet knows all your secrets

sleepmon
Debater
Debater

Post by sleepmon »

I used to foster a mama cat that had four kittens. It's incredibly time consuming to clean their litterboxes.. and kittens are not clean lol. You also have to feed them constantly as well - kittens are hungry hippos! It gets even worse when they start growing and realizing they can climb everywhere lol. Joey is dumb bitch for thinking it will be a cake walk, I could easily see him getting a breakdown and emotionally stressed out and passing this off to Daniel. They should be working with an animal foster program in getting them out to adoption events (which is what I did) in order to get adopted.

I feel like he is so far removed from reality it really is frustrating to see his privilege and lack of foresight. Animals are not content.

damondaniel
Learner
Learner

Post by damondaniel »

Is he deleting comments? I find it hard to believe that all his comments are name suggestions for the pregnant cat and not more people calling him out, people seemed pretty pissed about him giving away Shadow

weatethepopcorn
Gossiper
Gossiper

The Devil Wears Preda (Joey Graceffa) Part 17

Post by weatethepopcorn »

(Ignore this post can’t delete)

Frenchlurker
Debater
Debater

Post by Frenchlurker »

i get that shelters are getting overwhelmed but i highly doubt a shelter would put a pregnant cat to rest first...the whole "i'm a rescuer" is ridiculous
he wants to attrack views with this new pregnancy and then he'll toss her out , he even says " at least for a little while" , he has no intent to keep this cat.
he chose her because she's beautiful (and probably advertised as "easy" which she seems to be), i doubt he would "save" an old/sick/feral cat.
If she's due "any day now"..i hope he knows how many cats there might be and gets informed on how to care for them, it's a whole other story than dogs (none are easy just pretty different). As someone said the cats will turn on them if not taken care of properly.
he didn't think the it will be so hard to home them right in the middle of Covid19..

this guy plays with pets like he plays the sims...
that aside i'll be here to watch the house full of dogs (that are already not exactly trained) and cats...

Anonymouspuppy543
Learner
Learner

Post by Anonymouspuppy543 »

I agree with most of the comments here. I am not sure what their current household is like but I honestly do not think a pregnant cat with a bunch of huskies is the best move. If he was turning towards foster care, I'd say good for him but the way he posted about the cat seems like he plans to make a profit out of her. Sell all the kittens to his friends and make enough videos on his youtube channel to supply his income. I unsubscribed so fast from his vlog channel after seeing the video. I loved the puppy videos and I'm actually glad Shadow went to a new home because clearly it does not seem like he gives his other dogs a lot of love on his videos (I hope that someday Maria adopts or gets her own puppy or kitten when she is less busy). From the few videos I have watched of him I've never seen him express interest towards cats? Also where is Daniel these days? He seems to be out of the house a lot like a single man traveling the world. This was all speculation but I'm done with his videos on irresponsibility with pregnant animals and watch animal planet instead. :roll:

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

something he probably didn't even think about is the fact he's bringing an adult pregnant cat into a house of untrained dogs.
cats and dogs are known for not getting along. sure, plenty of them do, but it's often because they grew up in an environment where they weren't against each other.
he has no idea what this cat's history with dogs is like. the cat might not be friendly with dogs. if the dogs don't have a problem with cats and start playing around, as if the cat was another dog, chances are the cat is gonna attack them, making the dogs hostile against the cat. and then add kittens to the mix and it makes things worse. because if she's not dog friendly and sees one going near her kids, she's going full lioness on the dog's ass. animals don't fuck around when it comes to defending their kids. and if then the dogs fight back, it's gonna be a fucking bloodbath.
so joey better be praying this cat is dog friendly otherwise his house is gonna turn into a crime scene
The Internet knows all your secrets

Anonymouspuppy543
Learner
Learner

Post by Anonymouspuppy543 »

I did not read the description properly. He is fostering...but it probably is for views

weatethepopcorn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by weatethepopcorn »

Frenchlurker wrote:i get that shelters are getting overwhelmed but i highly doubt a shelter would put a pregnant cat to rest first...the whole "i'm a rescuer" is ridiculous
he wants to attrack views with this new pregnancy and then he'll toss her out , he even says " at least for a little while" , he has no intent to keep this cat.
he chose her because she's beautiful (and probably advertised as "easy" which she seems to be), i doubt he would "save" an old/sick/feral cat.
If she's due "any day now"..i hope he knows how many cats there might be and gets informed on how to care for them, it's a whole other story than dogs (none are easy just pretty different). As someone said the cats will turn on them if not taken care of properly.
he didn't think the it will be so hard to home them right in the middle of Covid19..

this guy plays with pets like he plays the sims...
that aside i'll be here to watch the house full of dogs (that are already not exactly trained) and cats...
Pregnant animals are unfortunately usually ones to be euthanized first

Wonderfreedom123
Learner
Learner

Post by Wonderfreedom123 »

On this recent Instagram story or video he said I hope the cat hasn’t given birth yet so we can experience it- what! He’s means he wants to video it for views and money.

He’s does realalise that cats are very independent and will probably go in labour in the night or in the peice and quiet somewhere and birth all in it’s own. With no help needed

Also I hope he’s seeen the vet to check she’s healthy and the kittens are too. They need to be dewormed and flead before she births and the kittens do too before they leave for a new home- they also will need to be vaccinated, and spayed to prevent agression in the top cats ( once in he’s home or not if he keeps them) and the mother too and female kittens to prevent further babies.

They are just doing it all for views and attention and it’s makes me furious- they clearly don’t know much about cats and how will it work with the huskies- they’re very energetic dogs and guess won’t be cat friendly so there asking for trouble- plus didn’t they have to rehouse shadow recently and have previously complained they have too many dogs to cope- they’re incompetent..

I bet soon they will have a hamster, rabbit etc and care badly for them as they can’t do the research to know what they need.. makes me furious 😡 PETS ARE NOT ACCESSORIES!!

aga1007
Learner
Learner

Post by aga1007 »

So is he going to keep the cat after it has the kittens? Does he give the cat back? Does he give it away? Do they keep it? I understand they won’t be keeping the kittens but how can you keep the cat? The cat is locked in one room all day and all night. I understand cats don’t need all the space in the world but to have the cat live in one room for the rest of its life? It just doesn’t seem fair to the cat. Sure, right now I get it, let her get used to you, let her have her kittens in a confined space but afterwards? And then there’s the issue of the cat and the FOUR dogs getting along. I surely hope they rehome the cat afterwards and have no intentions of keeping it.

Also they sent Moon away for MORE training.. during coronavirus where both Joey and Daniel have no where to be but home with all the time in the world to train moon themselves. But having four dogs and a cat is just soooo exhausting......... I can’t guys, these people annoy me like no other.

sarstar112
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sarstar112 »

aga1007 wrote:So is he going to keep the cat after it has the kittens? Does he give the cat back? Does he give it away? Do they keep it? I understand they won’t be keeping the kittens but how can you keep the cat? The cat is locked in one room all day and all night. I understand cats don’t need all the space in the world but to have the cat live in one room for the rest of its life? It just doesn’t seem fair to the cat. Sure, right now I get it, let her get used to you, let her have her kittens in a confined space but afterwards? And then there’s the issue of the cat and the FOUR dogs getting along. I surely hope they rehome the cat afterwards and have no intentions of keeping it.

Also they sent Moon away for MORE training.. during coronavirus where both Joey and Daniel have no where to be but home with all the time in the world to train moon themselves. But having four dogs and a cat is just soooo exhausting......... I can’t guys, these people annoy me like no other.
I highly doubt he will keep the cat. Just use it for a cash grab then give it away. There’s no way Daniel will want to keep it and it would be too much with all the dogs.

TheLoneStranger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheLoneStranger »

sarstar112 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:21 pm
aga1007 wrote:So is he going to keep the cat after it has the kittens? Does he give the cat back? Does he give it away? Do they keep it? I understand they won’t be keeping the kittens but how can you keep the cat? The cat is locked in one room all day and all night. I understand cats don’t need all the space in the world but to have the cat live in one room for the rest of its life? It just doesn’t seem fair to the cat. Sure, right now I get it, let her get used to you, let her have her kittens in a confined space but afterwards? And then there’s the issue of the cat and the FOUR dogs getting along. I surely hope they rehome the cat afterwards and have no intentions of keeping it.

I highly doubt he will keep the cat. Just use it for a cash grab then give it away. There’s no way Daniel will want to keep it and it would be too much with all the dogs.

He spent $600 on a kitty litter box though. Plus many hundreds of dollars more on cat trees, tunnels, beds, etc. That is a lot for a 2 month "foster". I suppose it could just be an investment. He bought a Cat DNA test to figure out the breed. Maybe this in hopes to sell the kittens for a higher profit. Notice he didn't do this for his "surprise puppies". I hate to break it to him, but that cat looks like a standard domestic medium hair street cat. Maybe a bit of Maine Coon if he is lucky. She is a very friendly and well-tempered cat though, which is very hard to find.

Return to “Joey Graceffa”