ilovesummer2017
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: BroganTatexo (Brogan Tate) (Part 2)

Post by ilovesummer2017 »

LaurieLaurie wrote:She wants to move?
It twas in one of her vlogs she''s thinking about it :roll: id kill to be ten minutes from the beach she doesn't know how lucky she is.

LaurieLaurie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LaurieLaurie »

I expect she needs somewhere cheaper or it’s a plan to get benji to move in with her.

ilovesummer2017
Gossiper
Gossiper

LaurieLaurie wrote:I expect she needs somewhere cheaper or it’s a plan to get benji to move in with her.
I thought that myself but after her moody self with him in her last vlog ill be surprised if they last till christmas even though she's cocky with buying his presents already :roll:

SabrinaMarg
Stalker
Stalker

Post by SabrinaMarg »

Long time lurker on this forum, but I HAD to sign up because there is NO WAY she is funding her lifestyle. She claims she had been saving up for Disney, but then came back and claimed she had been saving up for her Mac? There is no way she could have the income to afford both in a matter of months with rent on top. She also changed her flight home which costs extra money. And now she wants to move to a bigger, therefore more expensive place? Her income is not funding all of this. Mummy, and perhaps even secretly, daddy is helping out. Either that, or she's not paying taxes on all the stuff she receives.

When I first started watching her I kind of admired her. She seemed to have her shit together, and wish I had been like that at that age. But when it turns out it's the usual story of privileged white girl with help from parents it's not exactly something to be admired for. Hate all the body snarking on here, so I will not be taking part in that. Sorry. There is plenty to snark on her without attacking her looks.

marsala
Lurker
Lurker

Post by marsala »

Two weeks in Disney must be exhausting. I wonder if the fall out had to do with Charlotte's seemingly more rigid schedule, I think someone mentioned that pages back. Once she was on her own, Brogan kept saying she was happy to have more free time, kind of do what she wanted. I am very laid back on vacations and dislike when people I go with try to plan out every second (it's fine for you - don't try to drag me in!), but they should have known that going in if that was the case.

I don't get adults' obsession with Disney. To like going is one thing, but to meet every character, get emotional, and buy so many damn souvenirs is just bizarre to me. I was cringing most of the time when she met the characters, I couldn't even watch. Yes, I did watch or at least listen to and do other things, all of both of her vlogs. I like watching travel vlogs in general and I've only been to Disney once when I was 6 or 7 so I don't remember it well and I think a lot has changed, so I like to see what it's like just out of curiosity.

I also don't get foreigners' obsession with Walmart, as a side note. When they first arrived, she and Charlotte were like "oh we have to go to Walmart to get some things!" Walmart seems to be a novelty to foreigners, I've watched many other travel to the US vlogs where foreigners make it a point to go to Walmart lol. We have so many other (and better!) stores, like Target, and just basic grocery stores if you're only looking for food or basic hygiene stuff like shampoo. Personally, I never shop at Walmart and I don't get the appeal. I guess it's seen as this very American thing (like guns) but really it's pretty regional (like guns). We have them all over but I think it seems to be more of a popular place in the South and Midwest. She keeps saying she "went to Florida," but she went to Disney. A tourist trap that does not resemble the actual US at all that happens to be in Florida :D Disney is like an island in Florida.

Brogan, go to the beach towns of the west coast of Florida if you really want to see Florida and say you went to Florida lol! Captiva Island is beautiful, highly recommend it.

meg1912
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by meg1912 »

I've stopped trying to figure out how so many Youtubers can afford such lavish lifestyles, there's no point! Truth is they make a LOT of money, whether being from videos, sponsored posts on SM, etc. They truly are living the dream! Brogan does travel a lot, that's for sure and yes, it does seem like at least her mother pays for some of her trips, but can you really blame her? Not sure many people would actually say no, thank you if their parents wanted to pay for a trip! She works with brands, which give her a lot of freebies, so less money she spends. And she buys clothes from quite cheap stores, so she's not spending a fortune there either!
Everybody has their own body hang ups, nobody is perfect, but there are things we can do to feel better and be heatlhier and if we talk about here on GG, I'm sorry, but that's not body shaming. Brogan has spoken so many times in the past how she's unhappy with her weight, including during her meltdown in the car. But then you see her buying pretty much only junk food! She's at that stage where so many of us found ourselves: Either take a step back and introduce healthy changes to her lifestyle and eventually feel way better or she can continue as she is and end up obese and breathing heavily, like Gracie Francesca, LLYMLRS and Louise Sprinkle.
I don't get the obssession with Disney either and it trully baffles me how so many adults are absolutely crazy about it! I loved it when I was about 10 and it lasted a year before I got bored :rofl:

Hereforthrshade101
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Hereforthrshade101 »

So with regards to adults being obsessed with Disney, when does there come an age where it's ABSOLUTELY not okay to be obsessed to the point Brogan and Charlotte are?

I mean - in my opinion that age is around 11/12 yrs old.
But it seems acceptable to many, that someone their age (early twenties?) are so utterly obsessed.
When I see B's flat and the nice potential it has, I get so sad and cringe so bad when I see it littered with Disney merch!

We can all agree it would be super weird and creepy if our own parents were obsessed with Disney on this level, but then- Brouges & Charchar are adults, living by themselves so why is that not weird?

I can just imagine my Mum having Minnie cushions on her sofa and collecting Disney mugs to serve her guests coffee in, and my Dad wearing Mickey sweatshirts - I mean - Nooo !! Leave it to the children please for the love of the goddamn Beast!

I wonder if it's dysfunctional adults who are Disney obsessed?
I can hand on heart say I've worked in many industries, from offices to health clubs to care homes and I have NEVER met an adult who mentioned Disney!

It is WEIRD okay. Get an adult hobby FGS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rosemariesue21
Informer
Informer

Post by rosemariesue21 »

all that rubbish in the disney haul, and its such a waste of money too ! why does she need it all ? a few souveners but it all seems so excessive and wasteful, if someone loves travel as much as brogan states youd put the money for another trip !

Franklymydear
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Franklymydear »

rosemariesue21 wrote:all that rubbish in the disney haul, and its such a waste of money too ! why does she need it all ? a few souveners but it all seems so excessive and wasteful, if someone loves travel as much as brogan states youd put the money for another trip !
I mean HOW MANY CUPS DOES SHE NEED?! :roll:

CasualViewer
Informer
Informer

Post by CasualViewer »

8 minutes in to this Disney 'haul' and it's all cups, straws and stickers..... is she actually 6 years old?!

mariahpiper
Talker
Talker

Post by mariahpiper »

Everything in the haul was ugly in my opinion, am I the only one? I’m sure there were loads of cute stuff she could have gotten but I guess everyone has different tastes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

meg1912
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by meg1912 »

I agree, everything was ugly. I gave up on the video halfway because there were only so many stickers and mugs I could handle :?
I don't understand how all this Disney stuff can bring someone such joy. If you're a kid, yeah, I totally get it! But an adult? Not sure you know Helen Anderson, but she's crazy about it too and actually spent part of her honeymoon there! And she said the day her husband met Elsa on Disney World was the happiest day of his life! :o How crazy is that?! I just to scream at them: They're actors dressed as characters!!! :*&^%:

gurugossip11
Debater
Debater

Post by gurugossip11 »

Dear God, is this girl a horder? She seems to always be surrounded by so much stuff!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Little jojo
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Little jojo »

Veruca salt from Charlie and the chocolate factory springs to mind! 'I wanted!, I wanted! I wanted! That's what I wanted, I knew I wanted it!' And yes what a load of absolute tat! Each to their own I guess but the only thing I would have bought is possibly the over priced pen....but to actually use and not just shove in a pot in my bedroom windowsill! I so wish we could have the old brogan back. She seemed so less spoiled.

jsy_cow_11
Learner
Learner

Post by jsy_cow_11 »

Why, why, WHY does she insist on saying chuffed so much! Really grates on me :x

ilovesummer2017
Gossiper
Gossiper

I was so annoyed with that haul the one she SPENT hours editing on :roll:

I was looking forward to the WDW merch haul what if someone like me whos never been wants to see the gift shop gifts - Brogan did it mostly with the hotel FREE STUFF it was pants I wanted to see a WDW programme, keyrings, teddies, decent clothing, stationary, postcards WTF did she bring home utter TAT for a 5 year old you go there ONCE in your lifetime to bring home that :?

Okay the Minnie mouse card was the only decent thing ;)

Lozisboss
Learner
Learner

Post by Lozisboss »

Also really pisses me off how she is so 'chuffed' with everything, she sounds like such a moron and has the vocabulary of a simpleton.

I couldn't bear to watch her WDW vlogs, I feel like all the conflict with Charlotte was just a con to get people to watch their videos. I did click on her haul not that I'm all that interested in Disney, but it was a pathetic haul - like others have said, just a bunch of 'free' tat - and she said she saved money to spend at Disney? What the hell did she actually pay for?

And I still can't stand how she bangs on about things like she's a bloody oracle of information. She just bores me now, I couldn't suffer the haul so clicked off after a few mins of skipping through and seeing nothing of interest, and her mad staring eyes and gummy gnashers just freak me out.

INdifferent
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by INdifferent »

I also don't get foreigners' obsession with Walmart, as a side note. When they first arrived, she and Charlotte were like "oh we have to go to Walmart to get some things!" Walmart seems to be a novelty to foreigners, I've watched many other travel to the US vlogs where foreigners make it a point to go to Walmart lol. We have so many other (and better!) stores, like Target, and just basic grocery stores if you're only looking for food or basic hygiene stuff like shampoo. Personally, I never shop at Walmart and I don't get the appeal. I guess it's seen as this very American thing (like guns) but really it's pretty regional (like guns). We have them all over but I think it seems to be more of a popular place in the South and Midwest. She keeps saying she "went to Florida," but she went to Disney. A tourist trap that does not resemble the actual US at all that happens to be in Florida :D Disney is like an island in Florida.
.[/quote]

I feel the same way when people come to my country which is in Africa, and all you hear is Safari's and Lions. We're not that. We are a civilisation with amazing hotels, shopping centres and beaches (just google Clifton beach, camps bay, table mountain, v&a waterfront), but when I hear tourists they behave the exact same way ^^^ . Haha.
Please bear with me, English is my second language

maccalacca
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by maccalacca »

INdifferent wrote:I also don't get foreigners' obsession with Walmart, as a side note. When they first arrived, she and Charlotte were like "oh we have to go to Walmart to get some things!" Walmart seems to be a novelty to foreigners, I've watched many other travel to the US vlogs where foreigners make it a point to go to Walmart lol. We have so many other (and better!) stores, like Target, and just basic grocery stores if you're only looking for food or basic hygiene stuff like shampoo. Personally, I never shop at Walmart and I don't get the appeal. I guess it's seen as this very American thing (like guns) but really it's pretty regional (like guns). We have them all over but I think it seems to be more of a popular place in the South and Midwest. She keeps saying she "went to Florida," but she went to Disney. A tourist trap that does not resemble the actual US at all that happens to be in Florida :D Disney is like an island in Florida.
I feel the same way when people come to my country which is in Africa, and all you hear is Safari's and Lions. We're not that. We are a civilisation with amazing hotels, shopping centres and beaches (just google Clifton beach, camps bay, table mountain, v&a waterfront), but when I hear tourists they behave the exact same way ^^^ . Haha.[/quote]

I can go to amazing hotels, shopping centres and beaches where I live though. I can't go on a safari where I live. Most people don't want to go to a new country to go shopping or stay in the hotel the whole time. I don't see anything wrong with people doing things they can't do at home when they go to a new country. The walmart thing I really don't get though. We don't have Walmart in the UK, but we have ASDA which is owned by Walmart and is basically just exactly the same.

Return to “Brogan Tate”