Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Chris Ballinger / The Ballinger Family

Post by insomniac1977 »

Slushiemachine wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:06 am
I haven't been keeping up with Rachel lately but I did watch a few of her recent vlogmas videos and noticed her boyfriend (was his name matt?) wasn't around/ didn't seem like he was living with her.
I could have sworn he used to? Granted I haven't really watched her videos since before quarantine so could anyone give me a little update on them?
She hasn’t addressed it but it’s becoming more and more obvious something is up. People have basically been begging her to say something about it and she won’t.

FleekCucumber
Gossiper
Gossiper

Chris Ballinger / The Ballinger Family

Post by FleekCucumber »

Did anyone think it was weird how Bailey fakes eating Jacob’s cookie in yesterday’s vlog? Like she really pretended she took a bite and she didn’t. She does the same with the chocolate during the advent calendars, but does take tiny little nibbles of the chocolate. The cookie she just didn’t eat at all. What’s up with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ratmama
Stalker
Stalker

Post by ratmama »

I came to talk about this or see if anyone else has. It was so strange and I have been noticing it with their advent all Vlogmas. I don’t think this is anything but another one of the strange mannerisms of a Ballinger child. Unfortunately, I think Jessica and Chris do a little too much of “embracing who their children are” and don’t teach them many societal norms and behaviors. They don’t act how kids should act. Their homeschooling and having to share rooms with kids significantly younger than them has made them very interesting kids. I don’t think Jessica knows how much the homeschooling is effecting them. It breaks my heart when Parker says he wants to be a doctor - he never will with his homeschool education where he is learning the same things as his 3 year old brother when he is 7 years old. I almost cant watch them anymore. I feel so bad for them.

FleekCucumber wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:20 pm
Did anyone think it was weird how Bailey fakes eating Jacob’s cookie in yesterday’s vlog? Like she really pretended she took a bite and she didn’t. She does the same with the chocolate during the advent calendars, but does take tiny little nibbles of the chocolate. The cookie she just didn’t eat at all. What’s up with that?

FleekCucumber
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FleekCucumber »

I feel like they are intelligent kids, but you are right, he cannot get there if he doesn’t have skills to graduate college let alone to get in.

Maybe Bailey just didn’t want to eat the cookie, but In that case, why even record it? It’s just so strange!

insomniac1977
Talker
Talker

Post by insomniac1977 »

FleekCucumber wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:20 pm

I just hope she’s not picking up on Auntie Panties issues with food.

loblolly
Informer
Informer

Post by loblolly »

LimeGreenRanger wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:28 pm
bunsterj wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:53 pm
I don't follow this site much, but why do these kids call Colleen "Auntie Panties"?
I think Jessica said in a video that there is another Colleen in the family (Jessica's side? Her sister? I'm not sure about that part), so instead of calling them both Aunt Colleen, that's what they came up with to avoid confusion. Why "panties" specifically, I have no idea. Def. seems like something Colleen would come up with, but I'm surprised Chris and Jess allowed it because they seem very...I'm not sure of the right word for them. "Uptight" doesn't seem right, but that's all that comes to mind.
They are very impressed with Colleen. I think they would do anything she says. If you ask me, Colleen is the strangest one of the bunch.

The kids are so fricking weird with their teensy nibbles of food. Duncan took an actual bite of Parker's chocolate umbrella, and they lost their minds. Jessica said that she would have to have a little talk with him about it. About what? He was offered a bite, and he took a bite.
They definitely will have food issues, but it'll be of the hoarding, overeating, variety. I remember on their last trip to Disney World, right before the pandemic, Bailey walked out of a buffet with like eight dinner rolls. They just spent a good part of their day eating at the buffet, and she was packing some away for later. And, at Colleen's house they're like vultures. Gorge yourself in public (because it's all you can eat maybe), but take precious little bites at home? They love to share their thoughts, I wish they would explain that.

LimeGreenRanger
Talker
Talker

Post by LimeGreenRanger »

Another thing I noticed with food...are they expected to/forced to share any food they get? I know they'll share their advent calendar candy with each other, but when Bailey opens the box of chocolate covered strawberries from Rachel, the others cheer and say "thank you" to Rachel. While it was great they remembered their manners, I thought it was weird that the boys just automatically acted like it was for them too when it was a get well present for Bailey. She obviously doesn't need two boxes of strawberries for herself, but it's probably not the best thing for them to always have the "what's yours is mine" mindset.

FleekCucumber
Gossiper
Gossiper

Chris Ballinger / The Ballinger Family

Post by FleekCucumber »

Well it’s obvious Jessica isn’t rationing food for herself that’s for sure.

Frenchlurker
Debater
Debater

Post by Frenchlurker »

LimeGreenRanger wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:27 pm
Another thing I noticed with food...are they expected to/forced to share any food they get? I know they'll share their advent calendar candy with each other, but when Bailey opens the box of chocolate covered strawberries from Rachel, the others cheer and say "thank you" to Rachel. While it was great they remembered their manners, I thought it was weird that the boys just automatically acted like it was for them too when it was a get well present for Bailey. She obviously doesn't need two boxes of strawberries for herself, but it's probably not the best thing for them to always have the "what's yours is mine" mindset.
this is part of the "look how kind we are to each other" bit... to be honest the amount of strawberries was ridiculous for one person :D

as the person above you said the way they "share" little nibbles of those chocolates is ridiculous... Just because once a kid shared now they all have to share theirs and in return bite a tiny bit of basically the same chocolate.
Why can't each kid enjoy his/her chocolate? Why did Jessica picked all chocolate ones this year it's such a weird choice, were the fun/more personal calendars from last year gifted? The parents have more personal ones than the kids!
Also the calendar for Luke is weird too, i get the idea of stickers ( he doesn't get the idea of a calendar yet) but why that boring mature theme? on one side she babies her kids and on the other ,she buys the baby a "medieval village" calendar...

Scottishfalpal1
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Scottishfalpal1 »

Doesn’t look good for Bailey after her bee sting.

Frenchlurker
Debater
Debater

Post by Frenchlurker »

Bailey's allergic reaction/health problem is back so they take a break, i think it's a good idea.

anythinggoes
Debater
Debater

Post by anythinggoes »

Frenchlurker wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:41 pm
Bailey's allergic reaction/health problem is back so they take a break, i think it's a good idea.
She got stung by a bee, right? I hope she gets well soon

Frenchlurker
Debater
Debater

Post by Frenchlurker »

anythinggoes wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:39 pm
Frenchlurker wrote:
yes but then she had a reaction to ( they think) the antibiotics, she was poorly in the last vlog and Jessica Twitted she had a rough night and was back on steroids after a bunch of tests .

TheLoneStranger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheLoneStranger »

Frenchlurker wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:26 pm
anythinggoes wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:39 pm
Frenchlurker wrote:
yes but then she had a reaction to ( they think) the antibiotics, she was poorly in the last vlog and Jessica Twitted she had a rough night and was back on steroids after a bunch of tests .
From how they described it, it sounds like she is in some kind of auto-immune crisis that started long before the bee sting. They mentioned that they took her for a COVID test, which makes me wonder if they thought she unknowingly developed that post-COVID pediatric immune condition (MIS-C). She came back negative though. The bee sting seemed to be the event that put her body "over the edge", although it took a few days for the reaction to reach her face/throat. They thought it might be the antibiotics, but that was also a guess.

I am usually pretty good at medical mysteries, but what they have shared has me stumped. Anaphylaxis from bee stings usually takes minutes, not days. And she was having significant issues with immune reactions before the bee sting even happened. The fact that antihistamines and steroids aren't controlling the reaction is incredibly scary.

I am also not too familiar with the family. It is Bailey that was gluten free at some point? She can't be Celiac right, or they wouldn't have given her salt dough ornaments to lick?

FleekCucumber
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FleekCucumber »

She was gluten free for a while but then they said they didn’t think her issue was gluten. I don’t think her issue she’s experiencing now has anything to do with diet. She didn’t have covid either. Her issue is likely an infection or delayed allergic reaction/serum sickness. My concern is that serous health issues tend to show themselves when things like this happen. I hope it’s nothing serious.

mikibble
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mikibble »

On the topic of their eating - I think the thing of their small bites during advent is they're being polite and only taking a taste. Great habit, nothing's worse than offering someone a little bite of something and they glomp half of it away. Whenever we see them eat elsewhere, they appear to eat as any kid would.

Bailey's medical mystery is interesting, but I'm glad they aren't sharing very much. It's fairly personal about how much of an open or closed book someone is with their medical trials and tribulations, but if nothing else I'm glad they don't appear to be deciding that too much for their kids.

Dallas_Snob
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Dallas_Snob »

I’ve been watching older videos (2015-2017) and it seems like Jessica and the kids use to spend a lot of time with her sister Sara and her two kids (Leila and Brooklyn) but they haven’t been in a single video with them in it in 2019 or 2020. Not even Jessica’s baby shower with Luke.

Possibly they just don’t like being in the vlogs anymore or do you think they had a falling out?

anythinggoes
Debater
Debater

Post by anythinggoes »

Does anyone think Jess is pregnant?

FleekCucumber
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FleekCucumber »

anythinggoes wrote:Does anyone think Jess is pregnant?
No? Unless you’ve seen a comment or something outside of the vlog. Their most recent video of her in her nightgown being drug out of bed after 10 am because Luke was walking she wasn’t hiding her baby belly, just hiding her gut. Does the woman ever get up with her kids in the morning, or clean?

Frenchlurker
Debater
Debater

Post by Frenchlurker »

anythinggoes wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:47 pm
Does anyone think Jess is pregnant?
i don't know but something is up with her, she's not in charge of the vlogs or the kids' activities. Christopher handles Luke a lot more. the feww times we see her she's lying , covered in blankets. I don't know of she's pregnant or if she' suffering from some kind of depression , if the lockdown is getting too hard... but something is just not quite right in my opinion.

Return to “Ballinger Family”