Peter Monn

Lucky Be
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Peter Monn

Post by Lucky Be »

Was looking to see if anyone had started a thread for Peter Monn... didn't see one, so here we go....

I started watching him a month or so ago.... He's enthusiastic... I wonder what other's who watch are thinking of him and his video's.

I know he's had a YT channel that was based around Books and Book Tube... Now he has a personal channel, where he's busy name-dropping, gossiping and now he's doing Vlogs. 45 minute vlogs...

So, again, just wondering what other folks think of Peter Monn and his video's...

discodoll
Learner
Learner

Re: Peter Monn

Post by discodoll »

Peter Pan syndrome

MissDelusional
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by MissDelusional »

Happy to see someone my age but I wish he'd act our age TBH.
Venti, vidi, grande. :coffee:

Lucky Be
Talker
Talker

Post by Lucky Be »

I am roughly his age (mid 40s) and I have to agree; his whole "I'm still a kid" act wears a bit thin.

I think over the past month of watching his videos, the big thing that sticks out that annoys me, is his level of self-defensive hypocrisy... Whenever someone leaves a comment he doesn't like, or if another YT'er makes a comment about him that he doesn't like; he immediately gets upset. Than tells us "don't come for me in the comments you can't touch me". Clearly, he is touchable, since he gets so worked up.

I do like some aspect of his videos and I like the fact that he's pretty open about his own life (addiction, sexuality and his love of books) but... he's manic about some of it.
Not sure how to describe it. He gets this weird look on his face when he's talking; when he goes off on tangents, you get to see a really nasty side of his personae with his ignorant bitchy remarks...

There was a recent video with his husband Alex; he kept interrupting whenever Alex spoke. And the husband said something along the lines of "I can't speak you keep interrupting me" (not worded exactly like that, but close) and there was a sneer that passed Peter's face. This absolute look of contempt. Somewhere underneath all his bluster and puffy conceit, is a very small person with a giant ego; but that's just "My Opinion"

Not sure how long I will continue watching him. Now that he feels the need to press 45 minute vlogs on us; I doubt I will stay on; I keep bailing out at the 14 or 15 minute mark and go elsewhere. To vlogs that aren't45 minutes long! lol

MissDelusional
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by MissDelusional »

I love his husband. Alex seems to be the voice of reason in that relationship. I think Peter feels envious that Alex is younger and thinner, has a lot going for him.
This is my theory: Peter stopped drinking at a very young age, 22 I think. He started super young as well. Many times people will stop maturing at the age in which they started using substances, if that makes sense.
Another theory: I don't think he and Alex will last long term. Peter has this whole YT thing blowing up and you can tell Alex isn't into it.
He and I have some similarities- both 44, have had some issues with addictive behavior, worked in the MH field with young people, college educated, writers.
You're right; his insecurities are almost palpable. He says he wants to diet but his enthusiasm is underwhelming. I suggested he try the low carb, high fat diet I follow as I've had great results BUT I think there's psychological crap going on as well in which he's using food as a drug, for lack of a better term. That's something he'd have to address in conjunction with the dietary changes. All of this is speculation of course; not diagnosing.
I also cannot understand his fixation with Trisha Paytas and his fawning over Drew was creepy :?
I think Drew is adorable and talented but I have KIDS older than he is. Does he not realize he comes across as a dirty old man?!

Lucky Be
Talker
Talker

Post by Lucky Be »

I am just going to leave this here....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SensibleHoe
Learner
Learner

Post by SensibleHoe »

yikes what makes him think people really want to see 45 minute videos of him rambling? his fans claim to love it but it wont take long for them to get tired of it.

peter has great, charismatic qualities but he needs to channel that to benefit him. Can he find himself an editor? Or a better camera? Also, his channel needs a new identity. I understand he gained views through being primarily a gossip channel but that gets old and annoying. Even Charles Gross tweeted something about youtube gossip channels and their validity/longevity. I was so excited about peter's channel and the fact that he was a new youtuber but i really didn't expect to unsubscribe just a month later. I'll come back when he tweaks his videos and content. Hope he's reading this. In that case, peter, remember: QUALITY not QUANTITY.

Jennescence
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Jennescence »

I personally can't stand the man. Hes very delusional and pretends he lives in fairytale land. I remember one video where he said everyone that comes into their home is shocked because it's so "bohemian". He has since shown his house and there's nothing "bohemian" about it. Just another fantasy. He really could have been so great. He was appealing at first for being real but now I think people are losing interest because they don't know what's real and what's not. I mean the man flip flops on every opinion he has about anything. It's hard to keep up. Hes also delusional about his diet. He should be wanting to get healthier not thinner. Putting processed pre packaged swill into your body isn't going to make you healthier no matter how many calories you count.

I don't agree at all with the fact that his husband and him are so in love and that Alex supports Peter. Alex kind of has this weird attitude on camera and I don't think it's just because he could care less about YouTube. He acts like a relationship I was in where I couldn't stand my partner anymore because they weren't what they were when I first started dating them. In my opinion. Of course I could be wrong. Alex also comes across as very full of himself because he knows he's more attractive than Peter and could leave him at any moment for someone better and younger.

Bottom line, im subscribed to him to see if it gets any better because as I stated before he has the potential to be so great but is stuck on being petty and overdramatic and talking about the same things over and over again.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

WheresMyCoffee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by WheresMyCoffee »

Oh man, am I along thinking he and his husband are in love? You can tell Alex becomes very defensive when he think someone is talking shit about Peter.
I agree though his videos are loong and he is posting so many it is hard to keep up.

never_a_minion
Stalker
Stalker

Post by never_a_minion »

Hi, first time poster here. :)

I was thrilled with Peter when he started his now main channel because he said things as he saw them. It was refreshing. But after a few weeks I noticed a comment to one of his videos, one where he told people who complained about the quality of the NikkieTutorial pallet to 'get over it', where a woman said that people had paid good money for that pallet and to tell them to 'get over it' was derogatory towards them. She added that she felt almost afraid to post something critical to him because she had done this earlier where he had replied to her in a next video leaving her hang and dry. I thought that if this is the way he deals with critical comments, to address them in videos naming the commenter, then it's bullying! Who would risk to be mentioned and ridiculed in his videos just for posting a critical comment to him? And why should people, some of them not very wealthy, not feel upset after they had spent a lot of money on a crappy pallet just because he now had become bff with NikkieTutorial? The comment I am referring to doesn't exist anymore, whether the poster has deleted it herself or he deleted it.

I think there is a sinister part in Peter's personality that shows in his bitchy remarks that he comes with. I am very sure that he's behind the attacks on John Kuckian, and the smaller newer youtuber as well. I think he draws the strings behind the curtain to a lot of nastiness. I think he's jealous of John Kuckian because he has got a lot of subscribers where his subscriber number has stalled and even is dropping. Besides, John is younger and very good looking. I have seen this before in middle-aged gay men, they are merciless if you get on the wrong side of them, hell, I have the scars to prove that I have been there! I learned to recognize when to just stay clear and disappear without saying anything. I'm afraid MsFuckingWhat'sHerName is in for a huge surprise when he turns against her because she got on his wrong side!

I unsubscribed to his channel when he started to post videos several times per day. And I definitely couldn't be bothered with those 45+ minutes long ramblings! My life is too short for that, I'll never get those 45+ of my life back! :shock:

SensibleHoe
Learner
Learner

Post by SensibleHoe »

Yeah all of the drama going on, I do not care to follow.

I'm so fed up with these YouTubers thinking online drama is worth talking about. It feeds their narcissism knowing that making a video talking about "this person attacked ME" there will be people/fans commenting their support. It's all so irrelevant and stupid. I can't believe Peter Monn and Rich Lux and all those other people tangled in this crap address any of it. Makes me so mad that viewers get sucked into it as well. But whatever brings in the views/money I guess...

Jennescence
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Jennescence »

Here he goes again. Every. Single .Time. He is hung out to dry he has to make a video about his mom or sobriety to make you feel sorry for him. Don't get me wrong, it's good he is clean and sober 22 years later and that he has helped so many people. I just noticed he always does this any time he starts losing subscribers due to his own bad actions.
I'd also like to discuss the fact that he has slyly deleted a video in which he said he was upset about the fact that John Kuckian didn't put him in his John Kuckian exposed video. He said John owes his success to him for shouting him out in the beginning. I swear I'm not crazy and yet I can't find the video anywhere.
Also not one single tear in his apology video. He must be taking acting lessons from Trisha Paytas.

Jennescence
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Jennescence »

This comment made me die lol. Why would you try to come for my baby bean Rich Lux?

bbobbybben
Stalker
Stalker

Post by bbobbybben »

Peter Monn is boring. He talks too much and it's never anything interesting. OMG. If I ever got stuck in a car with him I think I'd jump out of the passenger door :?

kitzlig
Debater
Debater

Post by kitzlig »

I'm still struggling to see what Peter Monn did that was bad enough to warrant all John Kuckian's weirdly obsessive fans to attack him? Like claiming they'll ruin his life, destroy his career, make him drink again? Honestly, why are people so riled up?

MissDelusional
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by MissDelusional »

I certainly don't agree with his being attacked in that manner. That behavior is truly sick. I like JK and used to enjoy Peter, but on his anti bullying video Thrift Thick ( Cassie) commented and got called out for HER crazy obsessive fans ( nothing truly derogatory was said either) and Peter deleted every comment not kissing her ass.
So I'm truly done with him now- I gave him chance after chance, but if he sees all criticism as "bullying" he's gonna have a bad time.

Nikita55
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Nikita55 »

I think Peter is a drama queen...I also think he's lying about all the hate he's getting so that he can sit in his car and go on these long crying tirades and have all his little followers rally around him and say how great he is... he eats this up... I also find it so disturbing how he follows all these very young people, he reminds me of a dirty old pervert. And his book club he follows under age kids and then gives out their channels for his followers to go check them out... now do the parents know this man is giving out their kids channels to God knows who. If it were me I wouldn't allow my kid to talk to him.

kitzlig
Debater
Debater

Post by kitzlig »

Except I've seen specific comments on other channels about how they'll ruin his life, destroy his career, find his clients and "tell them who he really is", ruin his marriage etc. so I don't think he's lying at all. How bored and lonely do you have to be to comment these rants about how you want to destroy someone they don't even know? For what, being mean to John Kuckian? There's the real drama queen.

Jennescence
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Jennescence »

I've never ever seen him get hateful comments like that. Not saying it doesn't happen tho. Right now I'm angry because I feel as tho he is using the suiced of a 12 year old for his own sick agenda. Now everyone is friends and that's all he wanted. He's almost demonizing John in a way. He makes sure to mention that John hasn't responded to their No Drama pact. He seriously makes me so sick.

Nikita55
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Nikita55 »

I think he's a behind the scenes kind of bully. I've heard a few youtubers say he will talk crap about people to them in private then try to get them to say something so they take the heat and he just sits back and acts all innocent. I don't trust him bc I see through his mr. innocent act. I've heard he has a mean streak.

Return to “Peter Monn”