Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: LLYMLRS & ETCLLYMLRS part 2

Post by Cindersxo »

saurusofha wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:44 am
She's barely posted anything and now she's sharing outfits with affiliate links again...
It’s so true! And I find it so, so rude! It’s like she doesn’t give a F about her followers, she only cares about milking them. Terrible.

saurusofha
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by saurusofha »

Cindersxo wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:04 pm
saurusofha wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:44 am
She's barely posted anything and now she's sharing outfits with affiliate links again...
It’s so true! And I find it so, so rude! It’s like she doesn’t give a F about her followers, she only cares about milking them. Terrible.
Like I'd get if she was actively sharing OOTDs, styling videos, etc - then you can share some current 'in' pieces. But disappearing forever, barely making any content and even now she posts a selfie and then 5 affiliate links.... no thanks.

luthieenn
Lurker
Lurker

Post by luthieenn »

Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster!

I think Lily has moved to the new flat, someone posted a comment under her IG photo, and she said she's only been there a week and it's temporary. I wonder if she's moving with her friends to a new flat/house in London?

meg1912
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by meg1912 »

I'm really surprised that brands still find Lily relevant enough to take her anywhere really. Sure Lily, I'll pretend I believe you'll actually stop using your iPhone. Image
Her hair looks absolutely dreaful. And it really grinds my gears when bloggers/Youtubers go somewhere and then keep saying "we" or "we're going to", but don't mention at all who they're there with, so everyone thinks it's a boyfriend. ImageImageImage

RoseTea3
Learner
Learner

Post by RoseTea3 »

How is she making money now if she's not posting on youtube?
I don't follow her on instagram anymore, just looked her up now to see what she's doing and what is up with her feed? all the boring, grey pictures, that is so not like her, she has completely lost her style..

monki
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by monki »

let-me-go wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:30 pm
How is she making money now if she's not posting on youtube?
I don't follow her on instagram anymore, just looked her up now to see what she's doing and what is up with her feed? all the boring, grey pictures, that is so not like her, she has completely lost her style..
Scraping by through affiliate links and ads

orangesocks182
Lurker
Lurker

Post by orangesocks182 »

I can’t believe she’s still getting to go on these brand trips, like the one to Paris, and now this snow party one, when all she does is post affiliate links. She doesn’t care about her followers at all and is so clearly in it just for the money. Wish brands would stop working with her.

CalmYaFarm
Informer
Informer

Post by CalmYaFarm »

Remember though, I highly doubt she’d be getting paid for the trip. She’s just got to post and then she’d get a free holiday. Something tells me she’s not asset rich, but has a lot of free random brand stuff. I mean, she’s had to downsize her apartment. Remember when she said she’s going to buy? If her new place was bought she would’ve bragged about it. I bet she’s got herself a part time job to pay her bills now.

who boo
Learner
Learner

Post by who boo »

Has she quit YouTube? Honestly she seemed bored with it and like it was inconvenience anyway. Better to quit and be happy than continue putting out lacklustre content.

luthieenn
Lurker
Lurker

Post by luthieenn »

^ I highly doubt it. She will probably come back with some excuse video, saying how she was "sick" or had "anxiety" attacks and was generally too fragile to put anything out in case of some negative comments.
Or the other way - she was "extremely" busy with moving to London and now "can't wait" to show videos of her new life in London (and pre-filmed moving vlogs like last time).

snarkvark
Informer
Informer

Post by snarkvark »

Remember that video where she glitched and kept saying the same thing over and over? Maybe Lily had some kind of breakdown and that's why she's not posting as much. It wouldn't be such a bad idea for her to step away and work on her mental health. She was a mess a few months ago, hopefully things have changed.

randomlygenerated
Debater
Debater

Post by randomlygenerated »

Has Lily moved back home to Ludlow?
Even if she’s not living at her parents house I get why she’s done it. I have school friends who still in Ludlow and only pay £400 a month for their flat in the centre of town. I also get why she’s probably embarrassed to say it, admitting your careers failed and you’ve moved back to your home town isn’t easy to admit.

Although I don’t get how she can see it as ‘temporary’.
She moved from London to Brighton at her peak because she couldn’t afford to live in London by herself at the time.
She must’ve moved home because her earnings are at an all time low but what does she expect for the future if she couldn’t afford to live in Brighton? She’s hardly trying her hardest to kick start her career again, there’s been times when I’ve checked to make sure my instagram hasn’t unfollowed her.
I just don’t think there’s any room left for influencers like Lily anymore, all she wants to do is create hauls and spam affiliate links.

luthieenn
Lurker
Lurker

Post by luthieenn »

^ I'm following her on social media (though there is nothing to follow really...) and I haven't seen anything about her moving there? I thought she is back in London, to move together with some of her friends?

saurusofha
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by saurusofha »

I swear whenever she does post stories now they're all 'swipe up' affiliate links. Girl must be trying to desperately save her bank account after just disappearing for months. Disgusting exploitation of her followers, really.
Also those Topshop chunky sneakers she keeps banging on about are honestly the ugliest sneakers I've ever seen. jfc. That's so typical of her though, to pretend she's above certain fashion/to cool and then a month later give in and follow all the trends. I feel like she's done this with so many things!

Label
Talker
Talker

Post by Label »

Hi
First time poster in Lily’s board.

I like Lily quite a lot. I’m probably in the minority of people on here who enjoy her hauls. I checked Instagram this morning and she posted a picture of herself looking massively face tuned. Not even subtly. It’s kind of disappointing. I think mainly because I’ve seen her in other people’s YouTube videos and she doesn’t look anything like that irl.

Then she replied to one of her followers in the comments in a really snappy way. I know it’s hard to convey tone through reading comments, but it was obviously quite bitchy.

The commenter asked if she’d stopped making videos with a sad emoji. This person is obviously a fan.

So lily replies with : no. But I’m obviously not making videos at the moment!

She could have handled that a lot nicer considering she’s addressing her fan base and the very people who are the reasons she’s sent on these PR trips and gifted things....

What is wrong with her? 😕

snarkvark
Informer
Informer

Post by snarkvark »

Label wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 2:08 am
What is wrong with her? 😕
Lily has always been like this. She's bitchy and rude. She got lucky in that she was blogging right at the time it took off, which is how she made a career out of it. She's never been that great or inventive with her content. Yet she always had this attitude that she was better than everyone else, pretending she wasn't into trends and then getting into them months later and talking about it like she was invented it. Now that her career is over she's even more bitter, bitchy, and rude more than ever.

BessieCheese
Debater
Debater

Post by BessieCheese »

Yeah I saw that rude comment, she’s always like that. Always gives me second hand embarrassment! She doesn’t need to be so snippy and short with people asking simple questions because they’re interested in her.

randomlygenerated
Debater
Debater

Post by randomlygenerated »

Lily’s always come across as a rude, petulant child. I remember back in the day when she didn’t want people using her blog photos to sell size 18 clothes on ebay because she was offended people might have thought she was a size 18, then quickly back peddled and said it was because the clothes would fit differently. Lily must be around size 16/18 herself now.

I definitely think she’s moved back to Ludlow though. I grew up there so I can recognise it pretty well. The instagram stories she did for Huawei were taken in Ludlow and even the reflection in her sunglasses (major creep alert!) seems like Ludlow too. She’s turned off her location tag since she left Brighton, I think if she was living in London she would have left it on and she would almost definitely be doing the humble brag.

saurusofha
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by saurusofha »

I don't see why she can't just be honest about her life changes - I'm sure most people can relate to weight struggles, life/career plans not going as intended etc. It'd actually be interesting to see the real her.

Nope, all we get are swipe up links on ugly clothes just so she can get her pocket money for the week without actually having to put any effort into her work.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

snarkvark
Informer
Informer

Post by snarkvark »

She sees it as a failure, which is why she won't talk about her weight gain or struggling with earninge nough to live in Brighton/London. and it kind of is really considering where she was and where she is now. She used to be a popular blogger/youtuber and now she's... what?

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”