Cooortisolxo - shaaanxo 11

effyou

Re: Cooortisolxo - shaaanxo 11

Post by effyou »

BurgundyLips wrote:What's so different about it though? It looks so similar to the other one. I guess the other one did sell enough copies for bh cosmetics to want to do a 2nd version. The thing is, she hawked the thing like crazy, on her channel, Instagram, twitter.....like it was just brainwashing at some point. Kudos to her for selling lots of copies, but it made her content look a little crappy and repetitive.
Well it is called the shaaanxo remix palette so i think the point is it is supposed to be similar to the other one?

Honestly the only reason the first one sold so well is her hardcore superfans buying them. Clearly stuff with her name on it sells especially at that price point. But since all her fans already bought it it probably wasn't selling that well and that's why they brought out the remix palette. Because they know her fans will buy the shit out of it.

Looks like she's selling out though because she never uses drug store/affordable eyeshadows in tutorials besides makeup geek here and there and that rose gold makeup revolution one. But she claims the bh cosmetics shaaanxo palettes are her favorite. Yet never uses other bh cosmetics palettes in tutorials besides the carli bybel one once.

Also I've never seen her gush about how pretty a hot pink or dark purple eyeshadow is so those 2 colors don't seem like ones shannon picked herself. Only the red and shimmery coppery ones look like something she picked herself.

But i think a lot of people were getting sick of her using that palette. I think she used that basic bone color in literally every tutorial. And now we have to put up with her pushing this one. And how much do you want to bet she'll barely use the other one now that this remix palette came out?

effyou

Post by effyou »

Mooglenz wrote:
BurgundyLips wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ7OlYklMkG ... y=shaaanxo

Is it just me, or is this photo creepily warped?
She has literally reshaped her entire facial structure with Facetune.
She's honestly an attractive girl so i don't get why. Although i did notice watching some of her old videos she did gain a lot of weight in her face so maybe she's insecure?

I think she's honestly very pretty both ways but there's no denying she gained a lot of weight in her face
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bridielouise5
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by bridielouise5 »

effyou wrote:
Mooglenz wrote:

She's honestly an attractive girl so i don't get why. Although i did notice watching some of her old videos she did gain a lot of weight in her face so maybe she's insecure?

I think she's honestly very pretty both ways but there's no denying she gained a lot of weight in her face
Wow she looks so much better in the last pic from 2 years ago !!
She actually suits that hair colour rather than the over toned craps she's got going on atm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

effyou

Post by effyou »

bridielouise5 wrote:
effyou wrote:
Mooglenz wrote:
BurgundyLips wrote:[url]<a class="vglnk" href="[/url" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>instagram</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>p</span><span>/</span><span>BZ7OlYklMkG</span><span>/?</span><span>taken</span><span>-</span><span>by</span><span>=</span><span>shaaanxo</span><span>[/</span><span>url</span></a>]

Wow she looks so much better in the last pic from 2 years ago !!
She actually suits that hair colour rather than the over toned craps she's got going on atm

Yess i used to think she was gorgeous now i find her more pretty/cute

Rachies
Debater
Debater

Post by Rachies »

She does not look like herself.

FEDORALICIOUS
Debater
Debater

Post by FEDORALICIOUS »

I feel bad if she's face tuning her face to be more narrow. It's like infuencers are scared of being round faced, which Is the most natural thing a person can be. Some people have thinner faces, some people have more round faces, even if they are considered skinny. Some bigger people can have thinner faces and naturally contoured cheekbones. It makes no sense to fit into a mold.

The funny thing is, that her followers don't notice that lol. She went from having a round face to having a highly narrow face in her latest photos. Contour doesn't do that.

effyou

Post by effyou »

FEDORALICIOUS wrote:I feel bad if she's face tuning her face to be more narrow. It's like infuencers are scared of being round faced, which Is the most natural thing a person can be. Some people have thinner faces, some people have more round faces, even if they are considered skinny. Some bigger people can have thinner faces and naturally contoured cheekbones. It makes no sense to fit into a mold.

The funny thing is, that her followers don't notice that lol. She went from having a round face to having a highly narrow face in her latest photos. Contour doesn't do that.
I think she has a round-heart face (it's what i have too so not hating) and gaining weight made it more round looking. Nothing wrong with that at all.

But why is oval so ideal? I mean there are gorgeous women with all different face shapes. No one face shape is nicer than the other. You can still be attractive with flaws. E.g. shannons nose is kind of pointy and crooked and "witchy" for lack of a better word and i think her nose suits her and still find her attractive. I don't think she needs a nose job at all.

Plus how boring would it be if everyone had the same face shape and undertone? I don't get why so many youtubers want to be oval faced yellow or olive undertoned having clones. Idk

FEDORALICIOUS
Debater
Debater

Post by FEDORALICIOUS »

effyou wrote:
FEDORALICIOUS wrote:I feel bad if she's face tuning her face to be more narrow. It's like infuencers are scared of being round faced, which Is the most natural thing a person can be. Some people have thinner faces, some people have more round faces, even if they are considered skinny. Some bigger people can have thinner faces and naturally contoured cheekbones. It makes no sense to fit into a mold.

I think she has a round-heart face (it's what i have too so not hating) and gaining weight made it more round looking. Nothing wrong with that at all.

But why is oval so ideal? I mean there are gorgeous women with all different face shapes. No one face shape is nicer than the other. You can still be attractive with flaws. E.g. shannons nose is kind of pointy and crooked and "witchy" for lack of a better word and i think her nose suits her and still find her attractive. I don't think she needs a nose job at all.

Plus how boring would it be if everyone had the same face shape and undertone? I don't get why so many youtubers want to be oval faced yellow or olive undertoned having clones. Idk
Sorry I'm not sure if you agree or disagree with me :3 . If she's face tuning, she's definitely not the only one who does it. I just wish influencers could embrace their natural faces instead of trying to be contoured, sharp jawed, shape featured ALL THE TIME. I think she's pretty with or without contour or facetune myself. I'm just confused as to why she'd over edit her selfies when she looks different in her vlogs.

effyou

Post by effyou »

FEDORALICIOUS wrote:
effyou wrote:

Sorry I'm not sure if you agree or disagree with me :3 . If she's face tuning, she's definitely not the only one who does it. I just wish influencers could embrace their natural faces instead of trying to be contoured, sharp jawed, shape featured ALL THE TIME. I think she's pretty with or without contour or facetune myself. I'm just confused as to why she'd over edit her selfies when she looks different in her vlogs.
I agree. About the whole no one wanting to be round faced. Nothing wrong with being round faced.

Most people edit their selfies but changing your entire face shape is kind of weird especially since she posts videos of herself 3 times a week.

Mooglenz
Debater
Debater

Post by Mooglenz »

Her latest Insta tutorial...who on earth actually uses that much foundation? She literally poured it on her face.

BurgundyLips
Learner
Learner

Post by BurgundyLips »

I think it's cause she doesn't pay for a lot of her own makeup, so she can go to town on the foundation. I remember growing up and my mom had ONE bottle of really good foundation and she'd only use what she'd need.

She is a self proclaimed "Cake Face", so maybe she's just going for that look. But it's so unnecessary and I guarantee her makeup looks awful off-camera. Professional makeup artists just use a little bit of foundation on their clients.

lurking10
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by lurking10 »

BurgundyLips wrote:I think it's cause she doesn't pay for a lot of her own makeup, so she can go to town on the foundation. I remember growing up and my mom had ONE bottle of really good foundation and she'd only use what she'd need.

She is a self proclaimed "Cake Face", so maybe she's just going for that look. But it's so unnecessary and I guarantee her makeup looks awful off-camera. Professional makeup artists just use a little bit of foundation on their clients.

That's me now Image I buy expensive foundation and use it so rarely (just for nights out) because I don't want to waste it! And use something more affordable everyday.

effyou

Post by effyou »

lurking10 wrote:
BurgundyLips wrote:I think it's cause she doesn't pay for a lot of her own makeup, so she can go to town on the foundation. I remember growing up and my mom had ONE bottle of really good foundation and she'd only use what she'd need.

That's me now I buy expensive foundation and use it so rarely (just for nights out) because I don't want to waste it! And use something more affordable everyday.
Yeah if she was paying for it herself she'd chill out. In canada a lot of those high end foundations at sephora are in the 50 to 60 dollar range. I'm more upset about the concealer she probably goes through several tubes a month with the amount she uses and high end concealers are 20-30 here.

She looked greasy in that insta video with all that liquid illuminating stuff. And her lighting was awful so her makeup just looked shitty.

I've been watching some really cool special effects makeup tutorials on instagram and she's really not good at special effects makeup at all. I caught my brother watching the videos over my shoulder and when i caught him he said "what? They're cool". That's how you know it's well done. If someone that doesn't like makeup finds it interesting to watch. I don't even do special effects makeup and really have no need to watch special effects tutorials but if they look bad ass i'll watch them for fun.

Probably for the best she isn't doing them this year. This is where she'd benefit from going to school to further herself in makeup. Most of them teach special effects. Her pretty halloween tutorials are okay like the butterfly and mermaid one from last year. But the special effects one were just bad. And that illuminati one was just tragic.

effyou

Post by effyou »

Just finished watching her part 2 unboxing

First of all, those navy blue shoes with the chunky heel and silver stars might have been the ugliest shoes I've ever seen in my life. And she went through so much trouble to get them to new zealand

Benefit sent her their entire range of brow products once again. I feel like benefit probably spends more money on their stupid tacky packaging and sending their products to influencers and paying for sponsorships than than they put money into their products. Idk. Same with tarte.

I've never tried their (tarte) stuff honestly but they're constantly sending influencers on trips and giving away their products to influencers (shannon got 3 packages from them).
Is their (tarte) stuff any good? I hate the look of the giant eye shadow discs they use. Round eyeshadow palettes just annoy me necause they're supposed to be square. I'm kind of shallow when it comes to product packaging. I'm kind of scared to try tarte because i feel like they pay more to out their name out there with the influencers constantly getting gifts and trips etc. Than they out into their products.

Also I've been tempted to try kylie cosmetics but I'm not sure if everyone is just in love with it because it's kylie jenner. I don't like the kardashians or dislike them, 100% neutral on them, don't care that they're basically famous for having a rich lawyer dad and kims sex tape and having big asses and being attractive. As far as i know they aren't racist or terrible people just i guess considered trashy by a lot of people. I love trainwrecks but find them boring so don't follow them at all. The products are kind of expensive so I'm scared to try them out. Really tempted by the lipkits though. Any help appreciated.

Its crazy how much stuff these influencers get. Shannon said she does an unboxing once a month and they're always massive. It's so excessive and if influencers aren't donating or doing give aways they could literally have a house overflowing with stuff in 6 months. Crazy

Hippychic
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by Hippychic »

effyou wrote:Just finished watching her part 2 unboxing

First of all, those navy blue shoes with the chunky heel and silver stars might have been the ugliest shoes I've ever seen in my life. And she went through so much trouble to get them to new zealand

Benefit sent her their entire range of brow products once again. I feel like benefit probably spends more money on their stupid tacky packaging and sending their products to influencers and paying for sponsorships than than they put money into their products. Idk. Same with tarte.

I've never tried their (tarte) stuff honestly but they're constantly sending influencers on trips and giving away their products to influencers (shannon got 3 packages from them).
Is their (tarte) stuff any good? I hate the look of the giant eye shadow discs they use. Round eyeshadow palettes just annoy me necause they're supposed to be square. I'm kind of shallow when it comes to product packaging. I'm kind of scared to try tarte because i feel like they pay more to out their name out there with the influencers constantly getting gifts and trips etc. Than they out into their products.

Also I've been tempted to try kylie cosmetics but I'm not sure if everyone is just in love with it because it's kylie jenner. I don't like the kardashians or dislike them, 100% neutral on them, don't care that they're basically famous for having a rich lawyer dad and kims sex tape and having big asses and being attractive. As far as i know they aren't racist or terrible people just i guess considered trashy by a lot of people. I love trainwrecks but find them boring so don't follow them at all. The products are kind of expensive so I'm scared to try them out. Really tempted by the lipkits though. Any help appreciated.

Its crazy how much stuff these influencers get. Shannon said she does an unboxing once a month and they're always massive. It's so excessive and if influencers aren't donating or doing give aways they could literally have a house overflowing with stuff in 6 months. Crazy
I love Tarte, but here in New Zealand it is so expensive to get with postage, but it would have to be my favourite brand.. you here all these vloggers say they are going to do giveaways, but very rad.y do I actually see them do it..

Mooglenz
Debater
Debater

Post by Mooglenz »

Hippychic wrote:
effyou wrote:Just finished watching her part 2 unboxing

I love Tarte, but here in New Zealand it is so expensive to get with postage, but it would have to be my favourite brand.. you here all these vloggers say they are going to do giveaways, but very rad.y do I actually see them do it..
I love Tarte too, but wish Sephora NZ would stock it. Frustrating as Sephora Australia have it, and when you order via Sephora NZ it comes from Oz anyway...Tarte eyeshadows are gorgeous. I really do find them to be all that and a packet of chips.

effyou

Post by effyou »

Thanks guys i'll definitely give tarte a go!

Swatching their eyeshadows in store they felt so high quality and luxurious, very silky feeling. But the whole sending people on trips and giving away their products like Halloween candy to influencers was really putting me off.

It's hard to trust shannon since bh cosmetics are her favorite eyeshadows ever apparently :roll:

Clearly she's lying or has bad taste.

Sucks how shitty the selection in australia and new zealand are. I guess those shipping services shannon uses are expensive and only worth it if you spend a crap ton of money. Sucky :|

hanaemii
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by hanaemii »

I know this is OT but I would advise against buying from Tarte's main website.. :? they had a security breach just 2 weeks ago. Several people who've shopped there received 60+ emails containing personal information - email ad, billing + shipping addresses, order content, tracking etc
BANNED

:hugs:

effyou

Post by effyou »

hanaemii wrote:I know this is OT but I would advise against buying from Tarte's main website.. :? they had a security breach just 2 weeks ago. Several people who've shopped there received 60+ emails containing personal information - email ad, billing + shipping addresses, order content, tracking etc
Oooh that blows :|

Luckily my sephora stocks tarte but good for international buyers to know. Hopefully they made it right somehow

effyou

Post by effyou »

With that full faced first impressions i like how she said she'd give her honest opinion on the laura lee palette and all she said was they blend nice and i like this color. And she only used 3 colors. Has she ever disliked a product that another YouTuber collabed on or created? I don't think so. But then don't go on about giving an honest review and then be super vague and barely say anything about it.
But i guess laura lee was apparently accusing people not liking her palette of cyber bullying her so

Don't watch her (cannot staaaand her voice) but a cats pajamas palette that has roses? You'd think with that name it would have cats in pajamas on it and the eyeshadows would be named things that have to do with cats or pajamas. Plus that would be adorable.

Return to “Shaaanxo”