Tarnished: TanyAd Part 20

EHAntlrthng
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Tarnished: TanyAd Part 20

Post by EHAntlrthng »

I'm starting to find the amount Jim is posting online about alcohol a little worrying to be honest. He posted on instagram just now a picture captioned "then the gin happened and I can't remember much after this photo." There's nothing wrong with someone his age drinking but I think it's unprofessional to post so much about getting very drunk on what are in effect business accounts. I can't think of any other YouTubers who behave in the same way. And it's such a contrast to even a few months ago when he seemed somewhat restrained around alcohol.

Curlycat
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Curlycat »

The leg muscles on her latest instagram post are clearly drawn on! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

InMaiasOpinion
Talker
Talker

Post by InMaiasOpinion »

It looks like she's bruised her leg something awful actually! Is there any way to get a bigger version of that picture?

Whoa! That's a special move...

Rosie Ribbons
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Rosie Ribbons »

Im sure Tanya and Jim are happy enough to have Kate there but seriously this girl is hanging around like a bad smell - she is everywhere with them! I don't quite understand her 'job' but there doesn't seem to be any boundaries with them all. I suppose this is what happen when you employ your friends!

labenx
Informer
Informer

Post by labenx »

Rosie Ribbons wrote:Im sure Tanya and Jim are happy enough to have Kate there but seriously this girl is hanging around like a bad smell - she is everywhere with them! I don't quite understand her 'job' but there doesn't seem to be any boundaries with them all. I suppose this is what happen when you employ your friends!
I wouldnt want to be Kate playding second fiddle to those two and despite working in uni and everything being a pa at 30..

Viri
Learner
Learner

Post by Viri »

The latest make up tutorial is horrible o: I don't know if it's the lightning but I finally totally get why you guys always talk about her being "dirty". She looks like she has dirt on her face. No even skintone whatsoever... and the whole look doesn't look cohesive, like, nothing really matches? And the lipstick is horrible. Way to light. Just. What?

vanillakid
Informer
Informer

Post by vanillakid »

EHAntlrthng wrote:I'm starting to find the amount Jim is posting online about alcohol a little worrying to be honest. He posted on instagram just now a picture captioned "then the gin happened and I can't remember much after this photo." There's nothing wrong with someone his age drinking but I think it's unprofessional to post so much about getting very drunk on what are in effect business accounts. I can't think of any other YouTubers who behave in the same way. And it's such a contrast to even a few months ago when he seemed somewhat restrained around alcohol.
I agree! It's definitely not professional. I totally understand talking about alcohol/drinking, or taking a picture of your drinks etc., but actually writing that you have no memory of the rest of evening because of heavy drinking... It's just sad and worrying to me.

English is not my first language

EsmeAthena
Talker
Talker

Post by EsmeAthena »

EHAntlrthng wrote:I'm starting to find the amount Jim is posting online about alcohol a little worrying to be honest. He posted on instagram just now a picture captioned "then the gin happened and I can't remember much after this photo." There's nothing wrong with someone his age drinking but I think it's unprofessional to post so much about getting very drunk on what are in effect business accounts. I can't think of any other YouTubers who behave in the same way. And it's such a contrast to even a few months ago when he seemed somewhat restrained around alcohol.
Yup, he's definitely out of control. It's one way to escape reality, I suppose. It must be tough knowing that you can't divorce a woman you don't fancy anymore.

Glitter Boots
Debater
Debater

Post by Glitter Boots »

Her foundation is at least 2 shades too dark for her in that new tutorial it's actually distracting :x

PurpleBee
Debater
Debater

Post by PurpleBee »

That foundation in her new video...i was sat like :o for the entire video after she put that on!!!

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by rai1234 »

Glitter Boots wrote:Her foundation is at least 2 shades too dark for her in that new tutorial it's actually distracting :x
I don't even think it's dark. It's straight up YELLOW!

YevMilcovich
Informer
Informer

Post by YevMilcovich »

Viri wrote:The latest make up tutorial is horrible o: I don't know if it's the lightning but I finally totally get why you guys always talk about her being "dirty". She looks like she has dirt on her face. No even skintone whatsoever... and the whole look doesn't look cohesive, like, nothing really matches? And the lipstick is horrible. Way to light. Just. What?
I have to agree. the lipstick is too light and blue toned, it doesn't go with the look at all. same goes for her highlight. I don't understand how she can apply this orange foundation and bronze eyes and then add cool tones so the look is completely ruined but she can't see it at all. at one point her lips seem really blue :?

InMaiasOpinion
Talker
Talker

Post by InMaiasOpinion »

rai1234 wrote:
Glitter Boots wrote:Her foundation is at least 2 shades too dark for her in that new tutorial it's actually distracting :x
I don't even think it's dark. It's straight up YELLOW!
Both. Too dark and too yellow. OMG! This again just proves that she never was a proper makeup artist and never will be.
I myself am no expert but I'm pretty certain I've learned that if you have a skin with pink undertone, you should go for a foundation with the same. But Tanya's always gone for yellow foundations, now hasn't she? This video was worse than ever though, her whole face just looks dirty. I mean, what on earth is going on in her head?? Whenever you read a makeup don't, this is the first think that pops up, do NOT pick a foundation darker than your skin tone! You'd think she's never done her own makeup before....!! :o :o

Whoa! That's a special move...

DapperDisco
Informer
Informer

Post by DapperDisco »

Does anyone know why DG was hiring Youtubers as models? Jim's walk was so stiff and uncomfortable to watch, and Marcus wasn't any better. Was it a charity thing? Or was it the brands desperate attempt to "connect with the youth" and GLEAM pounced on the chance?

Jasmine S

Post by Jasmine S »

Damnnn...she should rename her video to "how to look like you have jaundice". How does she edit her video and not see how horrible that look was?

parisienne
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by parisienne »

Just about died when she said it's ok to go a shade darker with the foundation "because it's L'Oréal True Match, it will just match to your skin." HAHAHA NO, that's not what the True Match range is about. It's about finding the true match for your skin shade because they have warm, neutral, and cool undertones. Does this girl ever use her brain to think or...?

Good_Bake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Good_Bake »

parisienne wrote:Just about died when she said it's ok to go a shade darker with the foundation "because it's L'Oréal True Match, it will just match to your skin." HAHAHA NO, that's not what the True Match range is about. It's about finding the true match for your skin shade because they have warm, neutral, and cool undertones. Does this girl ever use her brain to think or...?
you really have to wonder after so many years doing beauty tutorials and yet she's making basic mistakes. It just makes all beauty gurus look like a joke

parisienne
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by parisienne »

^ Agreed. It makes it even more obvious that she knows nothing about makeup. At this point, she's not even keeping up with what makeup companies are doing, she's only doing YouTube for the money and so she can pitch her own makeup line.

And look at the nastiness and dirt under her fingernails. She was rubbing in her face illuminator with those fingers. Am I the only one who thinks that's gross? It also makes me cringe that she didn't wash her hands or wipe them before touching her other products. I can imagine all her products being greasy and dirty from the leftover product on her hands.

Jasmine S

Post by Jasmine S »

^Omg lol gross, why did you have to point out the dirt under her fingernails :| :P

parisienne
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by parisienne »

^ Hahaha I actually laughed when I noticed the dirt because that's just so typical of Tanya.

We also need a new thread title! I'm not witty enough to come up with one but maybe something about Jim ignoring her? Or her "acting career" flop?

Return to “Tanya Burr”