AllThatGlitters21 General Thread Part 8

howtobeaguru
Learner
Learner

Re: AllThatGlitters21 General Thread Part 8

Post by howtobeaguru »

Gwen wrote:Can someone clarify something for me? I'm curious about Elle's relationship with Kira. Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Kira orignially friends with Blair? She was in Blairs vlogs in 2014 and had that massive house in Laguna Beach. What happened with Kira and Blair? How did Kira wind up being so close with Elle?
After doing some investigating on Instagram, I confirmed that Kira is still trying to be an actress/model (just like she was a few years ago when we first met her in Blair's vlogs). So my guess is that Blair introduced Kira & Elle so they were friendly. Then when Elle needed help with the sticker shop, Kira decided that she could use something that paid real $ while waiting out her big break.

I also don't even know if Elle and Kira are that close. To me it seems like Kira's just helping out with stickers and since Elle doesn't do anything but stickers anymore... she's one of the few people she talks to that she's not related to... hence "close"?

I get the feeling that Elle's sticker girls were all acquaintances or friends of friends - I don't think she posted the job on Craigslist haha... On that note, does anybody know how much Elle (& Andrea, actually) pay their employees? Do we think it's a minimum wage type deal or...?

howtobeaguru
Learner
Learner

Post by howtobeaguru »

Gwen wrote:Can someone clarify something for me? I'm curious about Elle's relationship with Kira. Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Kira orignially friends with Blair? She was in Blairs vlogs in 2014 and had that massive house in Laguna Beach. What happened with Kira and Blair? How did Kira wind up being so close with Elle?
After doing some investigating on Instagram, I confirmed that Kira is still trying to be an actress/model (just like she was a few years ago when we first met her in Blair's vlogs). So my guess is that Blair introduced Kira & Elle so they were friendly. Then when Elle needed help with the sticker shop, Kira decided that she could use something that paid real $ while waiting out her big break.

I also don't even know if Elle and Kira are that close. To me it seems like Kira's just helping out with stickers and since Elle doesn't do anything but stickers anymore... she's one of the few people she talks to that she's not related to... hence "close"?

I get the feeling that Elle's sticker girls were all acquaintances or friends of friends - I don't think she posted the job on Craigslist haha... On that note, does anybody know how much Elle (& Andrea, actually) pay their employees? Do we think it's a minimum wage type deal or...?

Chappi
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Chappi »

howtobeaguru wrote:

Isn't Kira's family super rich, though? I doubt she works for Elle because she needs the money.

devilishtenshi
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by devilishtenshi »

Elle mentioned before she works on a referral system for her employees. I think Kira recommended one girl. That girl recommended another... who recommended another... and so forth. So yeah basically all Elle's employees are employees because they were friends with someone who worked for Elle already.

Kira works part time for Elle. I think it's just to have something to do vs needing money.

I always thought Kira was friends with both Elle and Blair but became closer to Elle. Prior to Elle hiring employees she hung out with Kira a lot. Then when she was getting bigger Kira started to help her. If my memory serves correct.

glamgrl
Informer
Informer

Post by glamgrl »

I'm super curious to what they're paid too. We'll probably never find out though. Yes Kira's family is super rich, so I assumed she works for Elle because she's bored. Or maybe her parents are the type of rich parents who will only support their adult kids if they have some kind of "job" so this keeps them off her back. I highly doubt she needs the money to live, and surely the sticker shop doesn't pay enough to keep her anywhere the near the standard she is used to. Elle maybe, but not Kira.

I've recently realized that I am a member of the FB group, wow Elle's posts are usually insufferable. I can't believe how snarky she is to customers. Well I can.. because it's Elle but you know what I mean!

daddyoh
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by daddyoh »

her comments to her customers, ladies who spend like $100 a month with her, are why i stay in the group. it's so hard to not pop off, but i don't want to be kicked out.

Schmicole11
Learner
Learner

Post by Schmicole11 »

Another video made just to pitch more of her products. You know what I've noticed about her? She always has to make a point to mention when she thought of something as if to prove she was first to come up with an idea. She says she's been MIA on her planner channel because her newest invention, foiled inserts, weren't ready to be shown yet and that's what she's been planning on. Not sure if I buy that. She never interacts unless she's trying to sell something.

Take a drink every time she mentions the FB group lol

lydiasbennett
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lydiasbennett »

some other shop had foiled inserts before her anyway. :rofl: i saw someone in a group asking for an alternative to elle's and someone mentioned them.

qwertygirl12345
Talker
Talker

Post by qwertygirl12345 »

A recent review from Etsy-
"I am so incredibly disappointed. I purchased a glitch kit that was already made not a pre-sale that took 24 days to get. What was the point of buying a March monthly if I don't even get to use it until the last 4 days of the month? I sent messages to Glam Planner only to wait another 8 days to get a response which came only after my item was shipped. During a pre-sale I got a response back SAME DAY. It seems as though you were only quick to respond so I could spend my money but not quick to respond once it was spent. I'm really saddened by this experience since I really enjoy Glam Planner kits. For being a higher priced shop I expected more from the customer service and response time."
Either she really just sucks at shipping stuff out on time, or she uses the term "glitch" as a way to garner more sales. If things really were glitch, they should ship out way faster than pre sales.

glamgrl
Informer
Informer

Post by glamgrl »

qwertygirl12345 wrote:
Either she really just sucks at shipping stuff out on time, or she uses the term "glitch" as a way to garner more sales. If things really were glitch, they should ship out way faster than pre sales.
I totally think thats it. First of all, people can't even find the glitch which makes me think there usually isn't one. I highly doubt with their volume of sales, they have time to go over every kit with a magnifying glass. Major glitches wouldn't be sold by any self respecting shop. Also she seems to always have a lot of glitches. I don't make stickers though so I don't know how often the machine gets screwed up. It really just started to seem to me like the "glitches" are just more kits she prints up after the presale (does she even do a regular sale anymore?) since she knows there are people who still want them and she can make more money. But she can't just keep items for sale like a normal shop she has to "retire" them to create a need and also generate sales.

qwertygirl12345
Talker
Talker

glamgrl wrote: I don't make stickers though so I don't know how often the machine gets screwed up.
They happen quite frequently, but the cuts being off are usually negligible & not that noticeable. I'm talking like a hair of a mm. The silhouette is a bitch of machine and theres a number of factors that can effect print lines.. Now of course if theres a huge/noticeable oops those get tossed in the misfit pile.

I think I remember watching a blog of hers where she says she QCs every single sheet that gets cut. If she's counting sheets as misfits that are a hair of a mm off, thats A LOT of extra unnecessary work.

Gaga
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Gaga »

She does suck at shipping. My dad ordered stuff for my mom and it took FOREVER to come, and they didn't offer a refund or an apology. It wasn't until my dad tried getting a charge back from the bank, that they finally responded to his emails..

lydiasbennett
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lydiasbennett »

of all the people i've seen who've ordered a "glitch" kit, i've only ever seen one sheet that had an actual error on it out of the entire kit. and it was just a tiny smudge of ink that they could barely see. considering how many she has and how everyone says they were either totally perfect and couldn't see anything wrong (and how long they take to ship), i bet at least a big chunk of them are just because she's trying to make her kits seem more exclusive and get more sales.

glamgrl
Informer
Informer

Post by glamgrl »

now she did like a 24hour sale of her double boxes, damn she really is the queen of using the scarcity principle to create demand

qwertygirl12345
Talker
Talker

lol @ her coming out with fit kits the same week as Andrea/SPC

gooroo123
Talker
Talker

Post by gooroo123 »

is the sticker phase over yet.. i went through one when i was 9 years old so it's kind of boring for me :FU:

Anyway, I am surprised more people don't just refund from their bank I do it all the time when I order things online and the person is nonresponsive or days late sending.... Wells Fargo ALWAYS refunds.

glamgrl
Informer
Informer

Post by glamgrl »

gooroo123 wrote:is the sticker phase over yet.. i went through one when i was 9 years old so it's kind of boring for me :FU:

Anyway, I am surprised more people don't just refund from their bank I do it all the time when I order things online and the person is nonresponsive or days late sending.... Wells Fargo ALWAYS refunds.
lol right? The planner sticker thing was a fail for me and a huge waste of money. I'm ashamed I fell for it. I don't have a problem with the "planner fad" because it has helped me keep organized and reach goals...but this sticker thing... I ended up actually getting a "fancy planner" again this year after not finding anything else I liked. I only use functional stickers and stamps now. Things that keep me from having to write so much, not all this decorating crap which I found counterproductive. I hate how all the planner groups are just full of overly decorated and no white space spreads. I go to those pages to get ideas on how to goal set for certain things, or track things..like budgeting or workouts. Its not planning at this point its scrapbooking.

wendy_wong
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by wendy_wong »

glamgrl wrote:
gooroo123 wrote:is the sticker phase over yet.. i went through one when i was 9 years old so it's kind of boring for me :FU:

lol right? The planner sticker thing was a fail for me and a huge waste of money. I'm ashamed I fell for it. I don't have a problem with the "planner fad" because it has helped me keep organized and reach goals...but this sticker thing... I ended up actually getting a "fancy planner" again this year after not finding anything else I liked. I only use functional stickers and stamps now. Things that keep me from having to write so much, not all this decorating crap which I found counterproductive. I hate how all the planner groups are just full of overly decorated and no white space spreads. I go to those pages to get ideas on how to goal set for certain things, or track things..like budgeting or workouts. Its not planning at this point its scrapbooking.
Search for #whitespaceplanning on Instagram. I find it better then the crowded planner looks a lot of girls do. It looks messy abd wasteful

Boo
Informer
Informer

Post by Boo »

The no white space is headache inducing with some patterns, it also looks like a cluttered scrapbook. I feel like most people who do no white space are like Elle and just write down when to do laundry and what tv shows to watch.
BOO

catbutts
Informer
Informer

Post by catbutts »

Boo wrote:The no white space is headache inducing with some patterns, it also looks like a cluttered scrapbook. I feel like most people who do no white space are like Elle and just write down when to do laundry and what tv shows to watch.
That must be it because I use an Erin condren planner (I got it at staples on clearance lol) and I actually don't have the space for "no white space planning". I don't use any stickers, actually. I use all boxes on both weekly and monthly views and I do not keep track of things like laundry or grocery shopping or anything like that in my planner. So I don't get how these people fit actual planning in there.......

Return to “Elle Fowler”