*Facepalm*

EST
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Thatcher Joe Part 5 - The Sugg Who Chugs

Post by EST »

BONTBFW wrote: obviously vidcon was the surprise I'm talking about. I think as long as it's entertaining it really shouldn't matter if they decide to do a second version in America.
They went all the way to LA for VidCon, to surprise their fans who didn’t know they would be there and thus might not have gone anyway, simply to announce that they’re starting filming? Okay… This LA trip was odd and kind of pointless IMO.

I can't criticise their film before I've seen it, but that's just it, I feel that I already have seen it because I saw the 1st one. I won't be surprised if it has the same premise as the 1st one, with Joe winning most of the challenges and being smug about it, along with in-'jokes' about pizza etc. Call me cynical, but it's not about entertainment, it's about them milking cash out of their young fans while they still can.

+ They can't act.
BONTBFW wrote:Anyway, I thought his video was way too long for that 30 second reaction from Oli. His videos are always so unnecessary long for me. Oli's reaction was good but the video felt like a waste of time because of how full of nothing it was. It should have been like 4 minutes. :P
The recent ones that are longer than 10 minutes are so that he gets more adsense money. This is another reason why his content is becoming s***, the videos are longer than they really need to be just to increase watchtime stats.
Weird Vagina wrote:
EST wrote:New thread title suggestions:

1. Thatcher Joe 6 - Becoming Joella #ad
2. Thatcher Joe - The Chug Life pt 6
3. Thatcher Joe 6 - Sneaky Sugg
4. Thatcher Joe 6 - LAzy and on Permanent Holiday
"on permanent holiday" :rofl: sooo true
maybe something like "thatcherjoe pt 6 - sneaky joella on permanent holiday #ad"
Thatcher Joe 6 - Sneaky Joella on permanent holiday #ad ←my favourite so far

smars27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by smars27 »

^ I like 3 and 4 better. The only prob I have with "Joella" is most of the time when ppl combine two names it's too ship them, + Joella sounds like a horrid name to me - my 2 cents, but whatever gets the most votes wins so ladies (and gents) cast your votes.

YevMilcovich
Informer
Informer

Post by YevMilcovich »

Joella holiday life

Weird Vagina
Sparkling Unicorn
Sparkling Unicorn

Post by Weird Vagina »

smars27 wrote:^ I like 3 and 4 better. The only prob I have with "Joella" is most of the time when ppl combine two names it's too ship them
it reminds me of trolls who commented sexual things or "I ship them!" to their collab videos even though they knew very well that they're siblings lol. does any of you remember those people? :rofl:
EST wrote:They went all the way to LA for VidCon, to surprise their fans who didn’t know they would be there and thus might not have gone anyway, simply to announce that they’re starting filming? Okay… This LA trip was odd and kind of pointless IMO.

I can't criticise their film before I've seen it, but that's just it, I feel that I already have seen it because I saw the 1st one. I won't be surprised if it has the same premise as the 1st one, with Joe winning most of the challenges and being smug about it, along with in-'jokes' about pizza etc. Call me cynical, but it's not about entertainment, it's about them milking cash out of their young fans while they still can.

+ They can't act.

The recent ones that are longer than 10 minutes are so that he gets more adsense money. This is another reason why his content is becoming s***, the videos are longer than they really need to be just to increase watchtime stats.
this :tu: :respekt:

Nicki_Minaj2
Learner
Learner

Post by Nicki_Minaj2 »

Thatcher Joe 6 - Sneaky Joella on permanent holiday #ad (Love this one :P )

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sweetmm »

Please vote
Credit:amazingfiru

EST
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by EST »

i didn't even think about the shipping thing :| 'joella' seemed a quick way of saying that he's becoming more like zoe (lazy, going downhill, etc.)

we have an actual poll? :lol: voted :tu:

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

EST wrote:
BONTBFW wrote: obviously vidcon was the surprise I'm talking about. I think as long as it's entertaining it really shouldn't matter if they decide to do a second version in America.
They went all the way to LA for VidCon, to surprise their fans who didn’t know they would be there and thus might not have gone anyway, simply to announce that they’re starting filming? Okay… This LA trip was odd and kind of pointless IMO.

+ They can't act.
BONTBFW wrote:Anyway, I thought his video was way too long for that 30 second reaction from Oli. His videos are always so unnecessary long for me. Oli's reaction was good but the video felt like a waste of time because of how full of nothing it was. It should have been like 4 minutes. :P
Yeah, you are very cynical. Caspar was there filming, and all their friends are there so it makes sense that Joe went before filming. Also not everyone is completely in tune with them. There are plenty of more casual fans that have no idea HIT2 even exists yet. Joe met a bunch of fans and had a little segment. I wouldn't call that pointless. Either way it is about entertainment, whatever other motives they have for doing this really don't matter. He is now apart of the industry = only care about money. Accept that man or you'll be moaning all your days lol
and acting, they can get better. I thought they got a lot better as the movie went on so hopefully second time round they'll be better at improv and have more natural moments

I know about adsense, but I feel like he's been doing these long videos for ages now but it's just now starting to really get to me, especially that last one smh

emmasmithlee
Learner
Learner

Post by emmasmithlee »

I was looking forward to some vidcon videos from Joe or Caspar but they just made quick cameos in other people's vlogs. From the videos I've seen it didn't look like Caspar and Joe spent much time together at vidcon but maybe that's because they were about to start htr2 and be together 24/7.
Seems like their once very advertised bromance isn't as tight as it used to be. From what I gather Caspar and Joe only had one main stage appearance at vidcon and no meet ups which is strange for such popular youtubers.

Anyway I was just disappointed with the lack of any sort of vidcon vlogs from Joe. I get he's "not a daily vlogger" but it was vidcon lol even a stupid 5 min challenge video featuring other youtubers would have been sufficient. The last few weeks I've just been skipping through his videos because they've been very vanilla so whoever came up with 'Joella' is genius! Very fitting.

Sent from the future through my robotic brick.

EST
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by EST »

I noticed a few YTs complaining about subscriber counts dropping yesterday (apparently it was a bug & their new sub counts are accurate). Neither Joe or his crew seem particularly affected, although he has lost 20k from his gaming channel.

His main channel will have 7 million subscribers by next month. :?

EST
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by EST »

I'm finding it a bit sad that he's hyping HTR2 up whilst it's still being filmed and before he knows what the final film will be like:

Ironic that he's having to take pictures with fans with 'leave me alone' on his jacket :lol:

ElizabethMarks
Debater
Debater

Post by ElizabethMarks »

Surely, if you're making something, you must be at least a bit excited for others to see your work. What should he say, 'oh it could all end up looking crap, please don't ever get excited about it'? Its not like he can go and redo it, if at the end of the final edit he thinks it sucks, it's not his own video in his bedroom, he will have to say he loves it no matter what. And he needs it to do well, because his income will probably benefit from that.
Last edited by ElizabethMarks on Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

EST
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by EST »

ElizabethMarks wrote:Surely, if you're make something, you must be at least a bit excited for others to see your work. What should he say, 'oh it could all end up looking crap, please don't ever get excited about it'? Its not like he can go and redo it, if at the end of the final edit he thinks it sucks, it's not his own video in his bedroom, he will have to say he loves it no matter what. And he needs it to do well, because his income will probably benefit from that.
where's the integrity in that?

he could at least wait until he's seen the final edit before starting with the promo.

ElizabethMarks
Debater
Debater

Post by ElizabethMarks »

What difference would that make? He would have to say it's good no matter what.
Besides, I'm sure he does think he is doing cool things there, he just says he is 'excited for you to see the crazy stuff we've done'. I mean whatever the outcome will be, the things he will do in the film will probably be cool things in his life anyway. Thinking about their last film, I am sure it is exciting to learn how to make pizza in Italy and be taught to sing by an opera singer. I assume that's what he meant as well... I'm sure the actors who make films which flop have also been excited during the process, even if it ends up sucking or if no one likes it.

EST
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by EST »

I think he's more excited about his royalty cheques, but OK, point taken. The constant promotion is getting tedious IMO. It'll be merch next...

ElizabethMarks
Debater
Debater

Post by ElizabethMarks »

Also, integrity is a lovely thing, but I don't think people are looking for guidance for their moral principles in ThatcherJoe's tweets, videos or instagrams. Young girls, and I'm sure some boys, enjoy having a crush on him and then there are those who watch his videos, because it entertains them or when they have nothing else to do. :) People just want to know what he is up to, ultimately. His channel is about pranks, not human rights law fortunately. And as lovely as it would be for every person to be 100% honest at all times, none of us really are. Anddd I still think he was just plain excited about his project, for real.
Besides, like you said, I'm sure he wants it to do well, it will help his career and his paycheck. I mean I would object to him wanting more money if he was doing anything illegal, but promoting your stuff isn't, neither is having a teen fanbase who buys your stuff. I mean I had lots of Spice Girls nonsense :D And that's his choice and his battle to fight between promoting and gaining/losing an audience.

EST
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by EST »

We're agreeing then: he has no integrity and is now only interested in selling stuff to a mostly teen/pre-teen audience. :)

Yes, I would hope that people don't look to him for any kind of moral guidance (or even just his opinion on what's going on in the world) and I can't help but find it a bit disappointing that he isn't interested in using his influence for any kind of good.

Whilst people might not always be honest, I think there's a big difference between an ordinary person telling a lie and a popluar YouTuber continually lying to their audience in order to construct a false representation of who they really are.

It's sweet if he's really that excited about his project, but to me it comes across as a desperate attempt to get his followers excited about buying his stuff, before he even knows what it is that they'll be buying.

He has enough money and success, at what point does it become purely about greed, and should that not be questioned?

Weird Vagina
Sparkling Unicorn
Sparkling Unicorn

Post by Weird Vagina »

EST wrote:Ironic that he's having to take pictures with fans with 'leave me alone' on his jacket :lol:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

btw both joe and caspar didn't have the 'permission' to be on social media when they were filming the first one, right? what was that for anyway? I didn't even watch the first one, so did they explain it or what? :? and this time they're tweeting and all... :?

EST
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by EST »

Weird Vagina wrote:
EST wrote:Ironic that he's having to take pictures with fans with 'leave me alone' on his jacket :lol:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

btw both joe and caspar didn't have the 'permission' to be on social media when they were filming the first one, right? what was that for anyway? I didn't even watch the first one, so did they explain it or what? :? and this time they're tweeting and all... :?
that appears to be more BS

--

latest vlog:

he 'wakes up' in the guest bedroom again. fully clothed.

he 'forgets' to vlog in LA twice.

he confirms that they were at vidcon for less than 24 hours (so what was the point, really?)

he says that that HTR2 is secretive and admits that they 'haven't got a clue' what's going on, despite that fact that they're supposedly co-producing it, and despite the fact that he says it'll be amazing.

basically, more BS from joe.

Return to “Thatcher Joe”