emilynoel83

gurureplay
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: emilynoel83

Post by gurureplay »

i hated that fake interview tactic... if your trying to get people to subscribe why would you talk AWAY from them? she should have been talking TO her audience

HellOnHeels
Talker
Talker

Post by HellOnHeels »

gurureplay wrote:i hated that fake interview tactic... if your trying to get people to subscribe why would you talk AWAY from them? she should have been talking TO her audience
It was plain weird and embarrassing to watch. You are not being interviewed, this is not the news, it's YOUTUBE. Look at the camera and talk TO your viewers. smh :roll:

HellOnHeels
Talker
Talker

Post by HellOnHeels »

gurureplay wrote:i hated that fake interview tactic... if your trying to get people to subscribe why would you talk AWAY from them? she should have been talking TO her audience
It was plain weird and embarrassing to watch. You are not being interviewed, this is not the news, it's YOUTUBE. Look at the camera and talk TO your viewers. smh :roll:

blameitonthealtitude
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by blameitonthealtitude »

[youtube][/youtube]

The top that she's wearing is so unflattering!

makeupnewbie
Informer
Informer

Post by makeupnewbie »

notahatergator wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

The top that she's wearing is so unflattering!
I agree. It's awful. Why is she shopping at rue 21 at the mall when she's like 30? She has such cheap taste.

On another note, I def love it when she wears her hair up or in a ponytail. She looks younger, and her hair is so flat that wearing it down seems to be an issue with her.

KittyKax
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by KittyKax »

Oh Dear, is she going to be raving about Jessie's Girl makeup now?

I have seen the collection at Rite Aid before, and it looks(and is advertized) like a makeup line for middle school girls >.>

nomimalone
Learner
Learner

Post by nomimalone »

To be far, I've actually heard really good things about Jessie's Girl loose eyeshadows and nail polishes.

nomimalone
Learner
Learner

Post by nomimalone »

To be fair, I've actually heard really good things about Jessie's Girl loose eyeshadows and nail polishes.

carolinedb
Learner
Learner

Post by carolinedb »

Rue 21? Really? ...Really?

anat4ever
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by anat4ever »

She mentioned in a blog post that she bought a lighting kit! I usually make excuses for a lot of things people don't like about Emily (ie. she wears a lot of makeup but at least it doesn't look cakey in closeups, blotchy maybe but not cakey lol), but the bad lighting really bothers me. Mostly it's because when she first moved into her house, she filmed at a time of day that actually had direct sunlight. When her videos got dimmer/darker, she refused to accept that it was a problem. Also, she used to stand outside or at a window to show her makeup/swatches and then stopped that too.

The Vain Geezer
Learner
Learner

Post by The Vain Geezer »

I like Ems and I usually enjoy her videos but since she left her news gig and went full time guru on us, she is not nearly as fun and informative to watch. Her videos have gotten shorter, her content is formulaic and uninspired. More often than not, when I see a new video from Emily hit my list, I scroll on by and that makes me a little sad.

Emily, bring the old "you" back! (Mally notwithstanding... :P )

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

she's the same to me. I don't notice any difference. 8-)

blameitonthealtitude
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by blameitonthealtitude »

I also don't notice anything different about her videos - they seem to be as informative as they've always been?

jenlan
Lurker
Lurker

Post by jenlan »

I enjoy Emily because she is a bit more mature than some YouTubers and seems to give honest reviews (that sigma glove aside). She just seems pretty real to me.
I YouTube too and watched a lot of her videos for filming style and inspiration.

Post by Guest »

Seems like you're just trying to promote yourself.

maluca
Informer
Informer

Post by maluca »

jenlan wrote:I enjoy Emily because she is a bit more mature than some YouTubers and seems to give honest reviews (that sigma glove aside). She just seems pretty real to me.
I YouTube too and watched a lot of her videos for filming style and inspiration.
Can you stop going through different threads promoting yourself? You risk getting your own page on "trash a guru".

Thank you.

tarzina789
Lurker
Lurker

Post by tarzina789 »

Abra27 wrote:I'm cringing/dying of laughter at that 'Beauty Broadcast Trailer' video. She's doing that fake ass thing she did in her vlog introduction where she acts like she's being interviewed but you know she's just talking to herself.
It was probably one of the worst trailers I've ever seen... I'd never subscribe to her based on that trailer, because it looks like a stupid interview that she concocted in her mauve room. I much prefer this other style I've seen a couple of unknown girls do which is combine clips of their videos to make the trailer! It was really cute!
Emily needs to stop doing the news anchor thing... if she quit, it's time to move on already!!

KittyKax
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by KittyKax »

Wasn't that kind of cheating using the Rimmel eyeliner for her waterline during the Revlon tutorial? Couldn't she have just not had that element in the look? And if she really needed that one item for the day then she could have applied it after.

esslyt
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by esslyt »

Is it just me or there is no difference in her new video with new lighting setup from her older videos?

English is my second language, sorry for any misunderstandings.

anat4ever
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by anat4ever »

esslyt wrote:Is it just me or there is no difference in her new video with new lighting setup from her older videos?
It wasn't what I expected but then I'm not sure what I expected lol. I thought the lighting looked nice and natural, but it could've been better... It was like sunlight filtering through white clouds rather than just sunlight?
As for her tutorial... I think any other lip color would've been better, even mauve. The bright pink just looked so off imo.

Return to “Emilynoel83”