smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: ViviannaDoesNothing Part 3

Post by smashthebox »

bricolage wrote:
bitchesbelike wrote:Wtf is happening in this thread though :roll:
I think it's time for a new one anyway if anyone wants to do the honours :D
If we're after a new thread name I vote for "The Granny Edit" that someone suggested a few pages back...
I like that name! I don't watch her anymore, haven't for years, but I come here for the gossip :)

fauxfox
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by fauxfox »

In general, the term "influencer" could easily be replaced with "salesperson" these days; there's nothing wrong with that, but that's the truth. To the person who said that most of us only wish that we could be Youtubers, or that "if it was easy, everyone would do it" - what's so appealing about losing your personal privacy, opening yourself up to stalkers and other creepy weirdos, to talk about some lipstick you like (or that someone paid you to like)? Or to talk about your preferred tampon brand in videos that will be on the internet forever? Some people will always be drawn to easy money, long-term consequences be damned - but some of us aren't. To each their own.

DollyMixture
Talker
Talker

Post by DollyMixture »

fauxfox wrote:In general, the term "influencer" could easily be replaced with "salesperson" these days; there's nothing wrong with that, but that's the truth. To the person who said that most of us only wish that we could be Youtubers, or that "if it was easy, everyone would do it" - what's so appealing about losing your personal privacy, opening yourself up to stalkers and other creepy weirdos, to talk about some lipstick you like (or that someone paid you to like)? Or to talk about your preferred tampon brand in videos that will be on the internet forever? Some people will always be drawn to easy money, long-term consequences be damned - but some of us aren't. To each their own.
Totally agree. Some people might daydream about it, or even get a little jealous about their lifestyle but how many would actually take the job?
The lack of job security alone id enough to put me off, even with the big relatively easy money they're making. Frankly, most of these people are only a newer, trendier platform or a prettier, bubblier YT personality getting a come up away from being totally eclipsed and falling out of fashion. Remember all those Facebook famous/Myspace famous people with clothing lines? It is hardly a job for life. Just look at Lily Melrose, she used to be huge news in the blogging world but her YT channel hasn't even reached 300K subs after all the years she's been doing it. I don't think it looks like a very fulfilling job either, there's not much room for personal growth or learning new things unless you actively try to and lots don't, so many of them seem absolutely miserable. Anna doesn't seem miserable, but she does seem bored and to be largely running out of ideas.

Ombre_so_over
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Ombre_so_over »

Suggestion for new thread - "Shilly-granna does no make-up"

liseppe
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by liseppe »

DollyMixture wrote:

Totally agree. Some people might daydream about it, or even get a little jealous about their lifestyle but how many would actually take the job?
The lack of job security alone id enough to put me off, even with the big relatively easy money they're making. Frankly, most of these people are only a newer, trendier platform or a prettier, bubblier YT personality getting a come up away from being totally eclipsed and falling out of fashion. Remember all those Facebook famous/Myspace famous people with clothing lines? It is hardly a job for life. Just look at Lily Melrose, she used to be huge news in the blogging world but her YT channel hasn't even reached 300K subs after all the years she's been doing it. I don't think it looks like a very fulfilling job either, there's not much room for personal growth or learning new things unless you actively try to and lots don't, so many of them seem absolutely miserable. Anna doesn't seem miserable, but she does seem bored and to be largely running out of ideas.
Indeed, it seems to be quite hard to maintain popularity and growth on youtube after around 5 years. Anyone remember Panacea81 or dollybowbow's wired ribbon hair accesories for example?

Rosie Ribbons
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Rosie Ribbons »

Im waiting for the photo of Anna with her purple dressing gown over her wedding dress! :rofl:

Gurubydaygossiperby
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gurubydaygossiperby »

fauxfox wrote:In general, the term "influencer" could easily be replaced with "salesperson" these days; there's nothing wrong with that, but that's the truth. To the person who said that most of us only wish that we could be Youtubers, or that "if it was easy, everyone would do it" - what's so appealing about losing your personal privacy, opening yourself up to stalkers and other creepy weirdos, to talk about some lipstick you like (or that someone paid you to like)? Or to talk about your preferred tampon brand in videos that will be on the internet forever? Some people will always be drawn to easy money, long-term consequences be damned - but some of us aren't. To each their own.
Oprah was the original Influencer and everyone loves her and she evolved to do other things just like many Infkuencers do now. You all also forget that many Influencers/Bloggers create content for YEARS without any compensation most whilst employed full-time. It is a passion project and when it can be monetized why shouldn't it be. It is a form of Marketing & PR, same for magazines. Would you rather someone be sponsored or be forced to look at pop up ads and banner ads and all of the other ads media profits from?! Before Influencers this Marketing budget was going to models and celebrities, both of which are completely unrelateable.

ChloeVFA
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ChloeVFA »

Gurubydaygossiperby wrote:
Oprah was the original Influencer and everyone loves her and she evolved to do other things just like many Infkuencers do now. You all also forget that many Influencers/Bloggers create content for YEARS without any compensation most whilst employed full-time. It is a passion project and when it can be monetized why shouldn't it be. It is a form of Marketing & PR, same for magazines. Would you rather someone be sponsored or be forced to look at pop up ads and banner ads and all of the other ads media profits from?! Before Influencers this Marketing budget was going to models and celebrities, both of which are completely unrelateable.
Yes, but once the advertising industry had seen the potential on YouTube to sell even more products in a "The Joneses" way; then most of these YT ers who started it out of passion and made it their job lost their way and became waking and talking ads. Consumed by online fame and easy money. At least models and actors are still doing their jobs while doing ads in the side, unlike a lot of YouTubers who made advertising and lying their jobs.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

Gurubydaygossiperby wrote:
Oprah was in fact a reporter who transitioned into a talk shows whose fame and social influence sometimes allowed her to push products to her viewers. But her role in the media was wide-ranging and I would hardly call her the 'original influencer' who happened to go on to other things, lol.

Ava2014
Informer
Informer

Post by Ava2014 »

Did she have only ten pizzas for 29 people? I think thats a bit cheap. I love small weddings but give those few people some food.

I would feel so offended if I wasnt invited by family that you love. She didnt invite her aunts and uncles. I dont get it, she also didnt have a wedding photographer even though she wanted one. How can someone who buys a chanel, YSL, chloe and lots of other bags be cheap on her wedding day.

Ava2014
Informer
Informer

Post by Ava2014 »

And why didnt she go on a weekend with Mark in England if she wanted to. That doesnt have to be that expensive.

Ombre_so_over
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Ombre_so_over »

I'm all for a low key wedding but this seemed kinda, just, sad. The miserable looking cake, and flat party. Long as they enjoyed it though, but it was obvious they were being cheap about the whole thing. Something they might regret later on in life.

amirightladies
Learner
Learner

Post by amirightladies »

Ava2014 wrote:Did she have only ten pizzas for 29 people? I think thats a bit cheap. I love small weddings but give those few people some food.

I would feel so offended if I wasnt invited by family that you love. She didnt invite her aunts and uncles. I dont get it, she also didnt have a wedding photographer even though she wanted one. How can someone who buys a chanel, YSL, chloe and lots of other bags be cheap on her wedding day.
I think they did hire a photographer. In her "10 things I learnt from planning a wedding" blog post, she mentioned in a caption below the confetti photo "apologies the lack of photos, we won’t get the official ones for yonks!". They just didn't hire a videographer, which I can understand. The cost is outrageous and she felt pressured to do so to have a "fancy" video to feed us.

As for the 10 pizzas, they actually all went to a fancy restaurant after the town hall ceremony. Wedding meals are more often than not very copious. I bet people weren't that hungry after all those dishes hence why they only ordered pizza.
Ombre_so_over wrote:Something they might regret later on in life.
Why would they regret it? Surely if they enjoyed their day, I doubt they'll have regrets about it further down the line. If anything, some extended family members might be a bit bitter about not being invited but that's about it.

sapphirerain
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sapphirerain »

It has been AGES since I've looked at anything to do with this girl, as I unsubscribed a long time ago. I didn't mind her personality, but her actual videos were so boring and dull. I guess nothing much has changed! Of course, she has gone on to get married, as predicted. Her video style/content has barely changed at all. Yawn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peanutella
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by peanutella »

Ombre_so_over wrote:I'm all for a low key wedding but this seemed kinda, just, sad. The miserable looking cake, and flat party. Long as they enjoyed it though, but it was obvious they were being cheap about the whole thing. Something they might regret later on in life.
Why would they regret it? I'm sure they put plenty of thought into everything and made the conscious decision to have a small, down-to-earth wedding. They've been together for a very long time and if they didn't feel the need to go all out on the food (and they did go to a restaurant after the ceremony) and everything, who cares. The guests all seemed to know one another and have fun so good for them.

I think most people end up regretting their marriage, not the wedding ;)
Non.

TheChemist
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheChemist »

I have the most pathetic complaint I need to just vent - I hate how she says 'mate' all the time when referring to her friends. It seems so forced and doesn't suit her idk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

porthos2
Talker
Talker

Post by porthos2 »

I think that people want different things from their wedding day and it's up to Anna and Mark how they wanted to celebrate their day. In saying that, I was under the impression that she hung around in that stupid purple dressing gown all day to save money for a blow out wedding. You have to wonder WTF they're spending their money on because it certainly isn't lifestyle.

bitchesbelike
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bitchesbelike »

^^ right! I have a feeling we're gonna see them both with some extravagant purchase and be like "ah"
Cz these two must be fucking rolling in it.

Post by Guest »

They strike me as the kind of people who like to save for the future, especially Mark (nothing wrong with that if that's how you roll). Of course we don't know for sure but I'm guessing it was mostly him who didn't want a blow-out wedding and preferred the expense to go towards their Australia and New Zealand honeymoon instead.
Although I understand where they're coming from about not inviting aunties and uncles, etc (there's no way I'd get away with that!), I think it would be a nice gesture to have another sort of party or get-together for family members to celebrate with them but that's just me.

Rosie Ribbons
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Rosie Ribbons »

Im curious as to how it took 5 months to arrange this wedding? Their wedding could have been arranged over a weekend or at the very least a week. If I'm honest Anna was desperate to make it sound exciting on their Q & A video. I'm sorry but when they panned the camera phone around during the 'pub quiz' their guests' faces were a picture! :D I can understand the aunts and uncles thing if you have a huge amount but to hear Anna saying that they had everyone they wanted at it must be a bit of a slap in the face for the people who didnt get an invite especially the aunt who Anna & Mark often visit and Anna tells us what a brilliant cook she is! Also her best friend who had the baby - they would have known she was pregnant when they arranged their date! I know each to their own at the end of the day and I wouldn't be into a huge wedding just to please the relatives either!
Tulips - it would be a lovely idea for them to hold a casual party for the others but I suppose that would be extra expense that they could put towards their honeymoon?

Return to “The Anna Edit”