Playing dumb

Caunw 3n_
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Playing dumb

Post by Caunw 3n_ »

Does it bother anyone else how dumb and scatterbrained she always seems? For example...her ''cooking'' videos. This women apparently is a good enough cook to get herself a book deal for baking, yet in her videos she makes so many mistakes and makes a mess like a child. She is a grown adult woman who can't even get her ingredients into a mixer without making a mess. She says 'oops'' so many times and stares at the camera with dead eyes. For someone who allegedly 'created' these recipes she seems pretty unsure of herself and makes a ton of mistakes. I just don't understand her playing up a dumb girl act when she obviously has some brains there to get as far as she has in her career.

ughmygosh
Informer
Informer

Re: Playing dumb

Post by ughmygosh »

My god, yes! Like sure people can be scatterbrained, some more so, but I just find it hard to believe that hers is all genuine. Either everything writing related has been ghost written and she got all the credit, or her "dumb" is a total act.

darkthrone
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by darkthrone »

Totally agree. It is not cute or adorable just plain annoying, for gods sakes she's a grown women but can't even act 10.

eileen_2015
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by eileen_2015 »

What doesn't help is how Jim talks about her. He treats her like a toddler, not the adult woman she is. He talks about making sure she crosses the road correctly, her nearly burning the house down with candles, having to rescue her on numerous occasions.

Tanya needs to make up her mind who she wants to be. An adult or a big toddler.

Caunw 3n_
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Caunw 3n_ »

she always really dumbs things up as soon as jim is around. In videos she comes off as shockingly stupid and I don't even know if it's an act or if she is actually this bumbling toddler of a person.

InMaiasOpinion
Talker
Talker

Post by InMaiasOpinion »

I don't think she is as dumb, not really. But for some reason she has got into her head that using a baby voice is becoming for a grown woman. As for baking I don't believe she has a particular talent for it, but she is in that position that she can make videos and books about it just because she likes doing it. It's been long since she's done anything she's actually good at. That's why she's a big old klutz when making those baking videos and instead of being embarrassed and editing it out, she apparently thinks it's cute and funny. I suspect her main reason for acting more immature and less intelligent than she really is, is to get attention from men. Her husband certainly don't seem to mind. It might boost his confidence that she acts so helpless. It's rather sad, really. I hope she comes to her senses when she gets a bit older...

Whoa! That's a special move...

Return to “Tanya Burr”